• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduce yourself here

Namaskarangal.

I am Krishnan M, born in Trichy and brought up in Kottayam, Kerala. I happen to see this link in one of the forwarded mails and made a visit. I work as a lecturer in one of the premier Management Institutes in Kerala. Has been in this profession for the last 6 years. Happy to be part of such an elite group.

I am interested in knowing more about slokams.........

Happy New Year 2010 to all........

Today's need for our community

Hi,

Wish you all a happy and properous new year 2010.

I am proud of saying that our community should come together to fight with the government to get reservation.

Also we have to form a trust and collect money from our community and spend for needy persons for medical and education.

Those who are staying abroad should call the poor persons and to get job for them. For this we have to collect the bio datas of young poor students and keep in the data bank and should circulate to our units in various countries.

Any body will take this opportunity and do some thing for our society. This is must.

Thanks n regards

V. Raghunathan
Mumbai

Hi My name is Ravi Ramamurthi Iyer was living in Madras struggled to make a mark in my Medical career as all oppurtunities were closed for Brahmins. My medical education was from Karnataka, Govt. medical school. Did the inevitable migration to the West where your origins or even race does not matter (all know I am a Brahmin and a humanitarian)India the land of my parents has become more inhospitable for us and the exodus continues. There is NO FUTURE FOR BRAHMINS IN INDIA!.

No need for desperation!

Hi My name is Ravi Ramamurthi Iyer was living in Madras struggled to make a mark in my Medical career as all oppurtunities were closed for Brahmins. My medical education was from Karnataka, Govt. medical school. Did the inevitable migration to the West where your origins or even race does not matter (all know I am a Brahmin and a humanitarian)India the land of my parents has become more inhospitable for us and the exodus continues. There is NO FUTURE FOR BRAHMINS IN INDIA!.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ravi!

I did my schooling in Tamil Nadu but moved in time to Maharashtra for school finals to qualify as a domicile there. In those days, although there was a quota system operating in parallel, the selection criteria for 2/3rds of the students was on merit. That's how I became a doctor in the first place. I joined the Army Medical Corps' short service commission and they found me a job in the Middle East after I left the Army! I then settled in the UK. My brothers and brother-in-law have done very well in their chosen carrers and reached the top - they all live in India, NOT in Tamil Nadu though. I suggest that you try & improve your qualifications & experience. UK had temporarily closed its doors to doctors from the Indian sub-continent but with EWTD they have been forced to open the doors again. Red Cross Society & Missionary hospitals may be worth looking at - I worked in both institutions before I left the country. Best of luck in your endeavours.

Sekar Iyer

There is no opening for Brahmins in Tamil Nadu is true My children were born in the 67% reservation era and decided not to enter or even attempt to enter these institution. Then the choice narrowed to BITS Pilani JEE for IIT or the All india entrance for Medical AFMC JIPMER or AIMS They were not interested In Medicine The First Son Joined IIT Madras and hence his carrier could not be blocked The second took up to accounting & Finance (ICWA & CA) Where ther no rservation & limitation of seats But their carrier is high profile and challenging with time bound results associated high tension You have to do it to be succesful. D In Laws also have similar carriers & qualifications They are able to Manage so far balancing between Job & home making But Life style changes are bound to tell upon their health. First son is a diabetic at 35 Jambu

Hi Ravi,

Why you are getting annoyed. There is lot of scope for good acadamic carriers. Your doors are not closed. There are lot of chances in many places even in abroad. How Mr. Sekar Iyer replied to you. Tamil Nadu is not only the place you have to look. World is very wide. Hope to get chance in many places even you apply for Army, Navy, Airforce are other institutions. You may register with good job providers and try to get good job. GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US. Even you can apply with Sai Baba's mission for job in their hospitals.

Thanks n regards

V. Raghunathan

I am Packiarajan Siva from United States.

Hello All,

Wishing you a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2010.

I am very much interested in spiritual and religious activities. Myself and my wife are Pure Vegetarian. I am working in California, USA happy to join tamilbrahmins.com

Thanks,
Packiarajan Siva
USA.

Introduction

dear friends,
Nice to join this community. I m Bharathwaj from chennai, TN. I am doing my MAsters in singapore and i am iyengar basically. I joined this community just to tell about the Supreme and the followers of HIM"S like azhwars and acharyas. I am not a fanatic like to learn things and I believe in religion

Adiyen madhurakavi Dasan
Thirumalai Ananthanpillai Bharathwaj

Namaskar

Namaskar all I am from USA in Idaho, I have been trying to find a bona fide guru who followed shiva for a while someone who is willing to take on a western disciple and I finally found one. He is a Brahmin and an Astrologer who is teaching me the arts of astrology and to be a brahmin as well. I wanted to join the forum so I could learn from others or get further explanation of mantras and practices. I was initiated when I was 15 into tantric shaivism and have been around many vaishnava brahmins and ramanuja vaishnavas. I look forward to learning from you all and to the input you have for me.

Introduction

Best Wishes for a Happy, Prosperous & a Peaceful New Year!

My name is Ganesh and I live in Sharjah with my family. I have been in Gulf since 1991. Worked in Oman till 2005 and am currently, with BP Middle East in Dubai.

Very happy to be a part of this forum and would like to share my thoughts and other information in due course..

Happy New Year

Dear all,
Happy new year to all and extend my best wishes to site .First I am happy to be a member of this site as I found so many details throgh our site and wish to be in touch always.I found the site while i was searching for the details of family deitiies(Kul Devatha) .
Let my first topic also be kuldevatha.From childhood itself even if i had deep belief in GOD,not intersted to follow our rituals strictly believing that GOD is one and common for all .No bifurcation like hindus ,Muslim,Christian etc are required(I studied in amissionary school and was very much interested in Bible classes.I was attending Geetha classes also in my childhood.We are followers of Sai Sathya Sai Baba and have so many miracles through out my life since we started believing him.I believe Amrithananthamai also.But not having any habit of going to temples strictly or offering prayers,sthrthas etc as daily routine
Venkitachalapathy (Thiruvenkatapuram)was Kuldevatha in my house and we were visiting family deity regularly . since my childhood and after marriage also i like very much to go there as i feel some kind of comfort whenever i visit there
After marriage , in my family(husbands house) ,there was no idea about the family deity and were going to nearby temple only.My inlaws told that nearby Siva,Devi and Satha are only known to them .They are blessing us always .
The story begine after 20-25 years after my marriage.When some unforseen events happened in my family ,one of my close relatives approached a priest and it was found throgh Prasnam that we r not seeing our Kuladevatha -the deity is somewhere in Tamilnadu . By assumption we thought it may be Beemanagari and started going there whenever possible and got blessings of Devi and Sastha there (Still continues as we were getting miracles after started visiting there).
Then again a turning point came.when v were searching for a suitable match for our daughter so many hurdles were there as per her horoscope due to Mars in 8th house(Now she is married and well settled).But at that time we were consulting so many astrologers as a chain refered by one to another and doing almost all Pariharas .At last by chance one of the priest strongly told that the family deity we believe is not the correct family deity.As per my husbands horoscope it can be Sadaudayar Sastha near Kalladaikurichi.We went there offered Poojas.But I am not sure whether that is correct or not because the marriage was finalised as per the predictuions of so many astrologers and after following their directions.So we are still in search.I am not getting a Dayathi who is having belief and following rituals from gernerations back.But we are sure that the deities at Beemanagari and Sadaudayar both bless us and visiting both temples whenever possible.
If someone can guide any more for in this subject we will be very happy
Once again With all best wishes for www.tamilbrahmins.com and all members

a warm welcome to all new members...

take a moment to introduce yourself to other members. Perhaps where you are from, where you heard about tamilbrahmins.com and a little about yourself.

But, this is the welcome thread,

do not post,
  1. requests
  2. questions
  3. spam
  4. more than once introductions
  5. advertisements
enjoy your stay @ tamilbrahmins.com

-tamilbrahmins.com team
i am m.com graduate and working larsen & toubro limited at chennai. I want bramin girl looking fair and aulification is hsc or and above . Job optional.
Please contact me my no. 9444134989 / 9789944964 . My parents are residing at coimbatore. I am two sisters both are married ad settled. Father is retd. Ex.engr form twad.my parent no 9486581749

sriram

Hello All,

Wishing All a Very Happy and Prosperous 2010.

I am Sudha Parmeswaran from Mumbai, I am glad I could find this site of Tamil Brahmins. I am sure I can get deeper insights on Tamil culture, religious and spiritual activities.

Sudha Parmeswaran

Latest ads

Back