• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

In search to accomplish my dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day to all
Vanakum

My name is Gishen, im 24 years of age and im staying in South Africa. One of my greatest dreams is to become a Gurukul, but unfortunetly in South Africa we dont have any schools or high Brahmins to teach in to us youngsters, the reason for me joining this forum is to get in contact with some one who is welling to teach me and for to atleast try and accomplish my dreams, thank you guys for taking the time reading this message,

Nadri

Hi Gishen,

What exactly is your need? Are you interested in Aagamas that teach you how to perform various rituals in the temples as part of the daily pooja/worship? There are several aagamaas in vogue. If you are interested in becoming a priest/gurukkal in a vishnu temple it is enough if you study either Paancharaathra Aagama or Vaikaanasa Aagama (paancharaatram is more popular because there are more temples which follow this aagama). If you want to become a gurukkal in a shiva temple then you will have to study saiva Aagamaas which are many in number. If your aim is to become a pundit in vedas then you will have to go to a learned teacher to learn the vedas. If your interest is to know the Hindu philosophy which can be broadly divided into Vaishnavite and shivite philosophies, there are many universities in India that conduct distant learning courses(by correspondence). The Madras University, Madurai Kamaraj University and Annamalai University have such courses which will lead you to a undergraduate certificate in the respective philosophical branches. Crystallise your ideas and goal first and then get back. I can give you some leads. All the best.

Cheers.

Sri Gishen Ji,

I wonder whether our Forum member from SA, Sri Haridasa Siva Ji can help?

Regards,
KRS

Sri Gishen Ji,

I wonder whether our Forum member from SA, Sri Haridasa Siva Ji can help?

Regards,
KRS

You always read my mind..I was just going to suggest that.In fact when I had suggested to Gishen to put his request in General Discussion cos earlier he had posted it in the Gayatri mantra thread and not many viewed it there... I was thinking may be Gishen should get in touch with Haridas Siva and as I said you read my mind yet again.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Gishen Ji,

Please contact Sri Haridasa Siva Ji through the Forum Personal Mail. Looks like he has given both his address and phone # in the 'about me' section of his profile.

There is also another avenue I have thought of. Nowadays, with 'skype' available many are involved in lond distance learning/teaching from India. I wonder whether you can contact one of the Mutts related to what you want to do, and they can point to someone who is willing to do it from there?

Just a wild thought.

Regards,
KRS

Hey KRS

Im quiet new to this forum, and im not sure how to go in to the Forum Personal Mail, to get contact for Sri Haridasa Siva. Could you pls assit me,

Thanks

Well Sri Kishen Ji,

In your Home page, if you click on 'community' you will see an option - 'Members List'. You will see at the top the 'alphabetical' choice. Click on 'H' and roll down to Sri Haridasa Siva Ji's name. If you click on it you will see his profile and proceed.

To mail him a PM, click on 'Notifications' on the log in box on top right in your home page. Click on 'Inbox'. It will take you to the Forum mail system. You proceed from there.

No, I do not know he is a Gurukkal, I do not think so. But at least he is a contact who can perhaps give you more contacts.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Shri.Gishen,

I am not sure whether you are an Indian-Indian or SA-Indian. If latter, it might be relatively easy since there are many such purohits here. For an Indian-Indian, he is faced with many challenges especially with the "Proudly South Africa" loyalists. You may have to seek help through Skype, as suggested by KRSji. The Gurukkals I have come across (Indian, Sri Lankan and South African) are all average and do not impress me. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not a Gurukkal. Nneither do I intend to take it up as a profession though I do the job of a priest in the weekly service in the temple I go to. I live near Joburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back