• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Searching for My Family Tree... A real Search

tbs

I find that almost all Palakkad brahmins have this doubt. almost all have now migrated back to Tamilnadu or Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkotta and abroad and very few only reside in villages around Palakkad. Few relatives living in Palakkad, Vadakkanchery, ( one of mine was employed in Hantex and known to us as Hantex Narayanan)also do not know. Enquiries with a few relatives also did not throw any light.

My wife's aunt lived in Pudhukode and she is referred to as Pudhukkode Vijayam. She is also related to me from my father's side. I don't know whether she is living in Pudukode now and if so she must be very old.

My gothram is "Haritha'.

My kuladeivam as I have been led to believe is Parakkattu Bhagavathy in Kavassery. But my fathers (P R Sahasrananaman) place was Peringottukurissi. Later I gathered that my great grandmother moved from Nellithara village (adjeasant to the kavu) to her paternal village, i.e Peringottukurissi on the death of her husband. My father moved to Trichy and I had my education there.

My mother belonged to Thiruvilvamalai and my maternal grandfather worshipped Shri Vilvadhrinathan (Lord Rama) as his ishtadeivam. His name was Subramania Sasthrigal.

I remember accompanying my maternal grandfather as a toddler ( I am now 74) to the Vilvadhrinathan temple where he recited Bhagavatham as, Sapthaham.

My parents did not visit the Bhagavathy temple much due to poverty. Only after my marriage I started to visit Parakkattu Bhagavathy temple once in a year with my family.

I too consulted an astrologer and he said that my kuladeivam is a female deity, mostly Ambal. So I continue to worship Parakkattu Bhagavathy. We say it is our Adimaikavu. I believe as our forefathers migrated to Kerala they worshipped the deity established in that village and that is how it has become our tradition to have an 'adimaikavu' and believed she will protect us. Many perform 'bhaghavathseva' to propitiate bhagavathy.

It is believed that most brahmins have either Venkatachalapathy or Subramania as their kuladeivam. Other than that if we worship Bhagavathy or any other deity it may be the local temple deity of the village whom our forefathers worshipped. Many also perform 'venkatachalapathy vilakku pooja'

As almost all elders are no more there is nobody to help us clarify. (We ourselves have become elders). So I try to visit and worship as many temples as possible in Tamilnadu and Kerala.

Do not know if there are any archives in any Kerala Government offices/ former kings' palaces/descendants of the former rulers ( as it is believed that the King brought the brahmins from Tamilnadu and gave them various villages to live and prosper ) that may throw any light on Palakkad brahmins.

S Subramanian
hi

we have KAAVU worship mainly PALLASENA MEENKULATHY AMMAN KOVIL from mother's side...its called

ADIMAI KAAVUmany palakkad brahmins moved from madurai and sorrounding areas and thEy worship SRI MEENAKSHI

TEMPLE.....my father's side venkatachalapthy is tirupati.as kuladeivam.....

rameshkrishnn

I think Our forefathers just wanted to maintain their new identity and forget Old Identity. They have dong this Inspite of knowing the fact, that if the kuladeivam workship stops its going to affect the next generations. Also, they are well versed in all Vedas.
What is the use.
by talking to so many people, and reading these messages, i really feel totally down that we are paying the price (our happiness, peace and time) for our forefather's mistake.
Such an Intellectual people, failed to record the incidents.... their family values, customs and procedures.
What we follow now is definitely 1/10 of what it is.
Very few have come out in search of the real Native and Kuladeivam.. like us.
Rest all have given up or never wanted to waste time...
But I will not leave it as it is.
Except for the Nadi Josiyam, Rest all said that my Kuladeivam is Kali...That is confirmed.
Now the Native.. The History of Smartha/Vadama... leads straight to Trichy/Srirangam Mainly...
This should be my Native..
And find that one Deivam suppose to be my kuladeivam... with North facing, Sitting, Neither very Ugram (but Ugram) nor santham... Near water body... These information are based on the Horoscope... I cross checked with my father's horoscope also.. both matches.. So, I have to come to a conclusion that Trichy, Uraiyur (Woraiyur) Vekkali Amman is my Kuladeivam and my Native.
But... I'm Still holding it..Just in case if I get some connection from these groups.. and get some confirmation on what I have deicded..
The Quest of knowing the Truth is always there in me as a natural behaviour..
it will continue..
your messages are really giving me strength.. and feel happy to get connected with my community.
Regards.
K Ramesh

tbs

hi

many trichy/ tanjore based brahmins kuladeivam is SRI MADURAKALI AMMAN IN SIRUVACCHUR ...

but i dint know much aboutit...just a thought...

rameshkrishnn

hi

many trichy/ tanjore based brahmins kuladeivam is SRI MADURAKALI AMMAN IN SIRUVACCHUR ...

but i dint know much aboutit...just a thought...
Good Morning Sir.
Happy Day.
Yes Sir, In Fact my Astrologer even before get into the hardcore search of my kuladeivam, he said may Madhurakali Amman your kuladeivam as she is a kuladeivam for so many Brahmins.

I have gone little bit more depth.. Finding the Kuladeivam.. thru Gothram.. Rishis.
My Gothram is Garga.. Garga Rishi is Son of Bharadwaja Rishi.. Garga rishi's Upasana was on Adharvana Vedham. The Godess of Adharvana Vedham is Kali..
I got this confirmation also that my Kuladeivam is Kali.
We i have a clear confirmation on my Poorveegam... Its Trichy/Srirangam.
On the Kuladeivam.... should be either Vekkali Amman or Madhura Kali Amman.
another 18 Days left To complete my Soundarya Lahari Prayanam (48 Days).
if any POP UP with in this period then will add to the list or need to find from these two Devis.
For me now all the roads led to Trichy..
All your Blessings and Prayers will help me to complete my search of Poorveegam and Kuladeivam
Thanks and Regards

K Ramesh

tbs

Good Morning Sir.
Happy Day.
Yes Sir, In Fact my Astrologer even before get into the hardcore search of my kuladeivam, he said may Madhurakali Amman your kuladeivam as she is a kuladeivam for so many Brahmins.

I have gone little bit more depth.. Finding the Kuladeivam.. thru Gothram.. Rishis.
My Gothram is Garga.. Garga Rishi is Son of Bharadwaja Rishi.. Garga rishi's Upasana was on Adharvana Vedham. The Godess of Adharvana Vedham is Kali..
I got this confirmation also that my Kuladeivam is Kali.
We i have a clear confirmation on my Poorveegam... Its Trichy/Srirangam.
On the Kuladeivam.... should be either Vekkali Amman or Madhura Kali Amman.
another 18 Days left To complete my Soundarya Lahari Prayanam (48 Days).
if any POP UP with in this period then will add to the list or need to find from these two Devis.
For me now all the roads led to Trichy..
All your Blessings and Prayers will help me to complete my search of Poorveegam and Kuladeivam
Thanks and Regards

K Ramesh
hi

just a thought....try to get some kind of help from elders from father side.....any relative close father's

gothram...even for me ...my father expired in my young age....i was about 4 yrs old.....i got information

through my chithappa all information about my father's side gothram/thayadhis/kuladeivam/and all

grannd parents name etc...i recorded it. too...it will help for my next generations....

rameshkrishnn

hi

just a thought....try to get some kind of help from elders from father side.....any relative close father's

gothram...even for me ...my father expired in my young age....i was about 4 yrs old.....i got information

through my chithappa all information about my father's side gothram/thayadhis/kuladeivam/and all

grannd parents name etc...i recorded it. too...it will help for my next generations....
Thanks for the reply
I spoke to my Fathers cousin brother (Younger Brother)... he said his father told him that they moved from Tirunelveli.. but that too he was not sure... When I said Trichy He Said that might be correct.
The Problem for me is there no one who can really throw some light on this issue.
No one has any idea.. they totally soaked in Palakkad...
Where ever im now is totally on scientific, Astrology.. logic.. Belief.. etc.,
Thanks
K Ramesh

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts