• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Searching for My Family Tree... A real Search

hi

just a thought....try to get some kind of help from elders from father side.....any relative close father's

gothram...even for me ...my father expired in my young age....i was about 4 yrs old.....i got information

through my chithappa all information about my father's side gothram/thayadhis/kuladeivam/and all

grannd parents name etc...i recorded it. too...it will help for my next generations....
Thanks for the reply
I spoke to my Fathers cousin brother (Younger Brother)... he said his father told him that they moved from Tirunelveli.. but that too he was not sure... When I said Trichy He Said that might be correct.
The Problem for me is there no one who can really throw some light on this issue.
No one has any idea.. they totally soaked in Palakkad...
Where ever im now is totally on scientific, Astrology.. logic.. Belief.. etc.,
Thanks
K Ramesh

Dear All
Namaskaram
I think, Im very near to my kuladeivam...Almost reached..
with the suggestions from elders here I traced my Kuladeivam.. which almost matches the requirements and also matches with the history.
There is a agraharam in Uraiyur, Pandava Agraharam, which is said to be the one of the Oldest agraharam which belongs to Vadama Iyers. and heard still there are brahmin families living for 200 to 300 years...
And there is a Kali temple in the agraharam.. KARALAMMAN. She is the kuladeivam for all Brahmins.. vadama/Vathima sects for Ages it seems.
When I was trying to get some information on Vekkali Amman, the gurukkal who was performing pooja at Vekkali amman Kovil (Now retired) told me this.
He is very sure that Karalamman should be our kuladeivam..and asked us to wait for the confirmation.
This temple is there for at least 1000 years and that agraharam exists from the period Pandava's came here for agnathavasam it seems.
Im really thankful to all the elders who really supported and gave me confidence also guidance.
Also to my Astrologer friend who took all my question with the smile and helped me in analyzing my horoscope and using Latitude and Longtitude calculations and take me near to my kuladeivam.
Hopefully me search ends here..
Will update u soon.
Thanks with Regards
K Ramesh

hi

just a thought....try to get some kind of help from elders from father side.....any relative close father's

gothram...even for me ...my father expired in my young age....i was about 4 yrs old.....i got information

through my chithappa all information about my father's side gothram/thayadhis/kuladeivam/and all

grannd parents name etc...i recorded it. too...it will help for my next generations....
Good Morning.
You are correct Sir.
Now getting 3 Generation's information itself is very difficult.
Every one of us should have the information of 7 Generations. Father's Side and Mother's Side.
If we have this, we will always be in a position to locate our Poorveegam.
As I said in my earlier message an also read in an article on Migration of Brahmins from Tamilnadu to Palakkad/Kerala.. that most of the Brahmins in Palakkad who migrated from various parts of Tamilnadu, failed to keep their roots alive.. At some point they were decided to follow the customs where they are and forget to tell the next Generations too.
This only become a problem for this generation people like me.
Anyway.. now that i have realized the importance, I will keep the information passed on to the next gen. so that they don't search again,
Thanks
K Ramesh

Good Morning.
You are correct Sir.
Every one of us should have the information of 7 Generations. Father's Side and Mother's Side.
As I said in my earlier message an also read in an article on Migration of Brahmins from Tamilnadu to Palakkad/Kerala.. that most of the Brahmins in Palakkad who migrated from various parts of Tamilnadu, failed to keep their roots alive.. At some point they were decided to follow the customs where they are and forget to tell the next Generations too.
Anyway.. now that i have realized the importance, I will keep the information passed on to the next gen. so that they don't search again,
Thanks
K Ramesh
hi sir,
i came to know from my grandfather....they called KEETHU NAMAM iyers....they follow srirangam

panchangam and ANDAVAN ASHRAM.....BUT WE ARE NOT IYENGAR....but we do as iyengars....

we are vadama smarthas....i heard that 2 palakkad villagers follow this system....2 tamil nadu

agraharams...1 in tanjavur/ 1 in coimbatore......they are smarthas and follow vaishnava systems....

these are more complicated for modern days/younger generation....becoz we wear NAMAM AND

WE ARE IYERS.....2 contradictory systems...

hi sir,
i came to know from my grandfather....they called KEETHU NAMAM iyers....they follow srirangam

panchangam and ANDAVAN ASHRAM.....BUT WE ARE NOT IYENGAR....but we do as iyengars....

we are vadama smarthas....i heard that 2 palakkad villagers follow this system....2 tamil nadu

agraharams...1 in tanjavur/ 1 in coimbatore......they are smarthas and follow vaishnava systems....

these are more complicated for modern days/younger generation....becoz we wear NAMAM AND

Good Morning.
Yes..
The Fact is Vadama Muththi Vaishnavam....this is a old saying..my patti used to tell and the same was reflecting in some of the research documents..(Migration of Brahmins from Tamilnadu to Palakkad)
The same in my house also.. we are more towards Vishnu.. but vibhoothi only we use.
There is no contradiction.... Its all individual interests and wish..
Infact, I wear only Iyengar Poonal.... I'm wearing it knowingly as I surrendered myself to Lord Sriranganatha..
my appa.. brother all wear smartha Poonal..
these are not an Issue as far as, we follow our customs, culture and Try to follow what Veda as much as we can.
As I said, Smartha-Vadama are predominantly from Srirangam/Uraiyur- Trichy. after 16th or 18th Centrury they started Settling in Kanchipuram.... so there is nothing new that vadama Iyers wear Namam.....
Regards

K Ramesh

Good Morning.
Yes..
The Fact is Vadama Muththi Vaishnavam....this is a old saying..my patti used to tell and the same was reflecting in some of the research documents..(Migration of Brahmins from Tamilnadu to Palakkad)
The same in my house also.. we are more towards Vishnu..
There is no contradiction.... Its all individual interests and wish..
Infact, I wear only Iyengar Poonal.... I'm wearing it knowingly as I surrendered myself to Lord Sriranganatha..
my appa.. brother all wear smartha Poonal..
these are not an Issue as far as, we follow our customs, culture and Try to follow what Veda as much as we can.
As I said, Smartha-Vadama are predominantly from Srirangam/Uraiyur- Trichy. after 16th or 18th Centrury they started Settling in Kanchipuram.... so there is nothing new that vadama Iyers wear Namam.....
Regards

K Ramesh

hi

but vibhoothi only we use.

we use vibhoothi without water ...only in the evening....just info..

hi

but vibhoothi only we use.

we use vibhoothi without water ...only in the evening....just info..
Yes..
I read recently in a group..
Grahastal has to use B=Vibhoothi without water only.
Only Sanyasi's can use the Vibhoothi with water.
don't know how to validate this and who can?...
Sir, At the End of the Day,Quest for the Search of Truth is diminishing in our community.
Most of the people don't want to go back and search their identity..
Very Few.. do..
Even In this thread... very very few shared their experiences..
Lets see how and were our community is going to....

Regards

K Ramesh

hi sir,

We were told that we belong to Vaishnava Iyers from Tanjavur.

Yes..
I read recently in a group..
Grahastal has to use B=Vibhoothi without water only.
Only Sanyasi's can use the Vibhoothi with water.
don't know how to validate this and who can?...
Sir, At the End of the Day,Quest for the Search of Truth is diminishing in our community.
Most of the people don't want to go back and search their identity..
Very Few.. do..
Even In this thread... very very few shared their experiences..
Lets see how and were our community is going to....

Regards

K Ramesh
hi

even though we are iyers.....we are not following any SAMKARA MATAM.....we follow purely vaishnavas...

our kuladeivam is sri venkatesa perumal....we do MAA VILAKKU FOR VEKATESA PERUMAL DURING

PURATTASI SATURDAYS...JUST INFO..

I think Our forefathers just wanted to maintain their new identity and forget Old Identity. They have dong this Inspite of knowing the fact, that if the kuladeivam workship stops its going to affect the next generations. Also, they are well versed in all Vedas.
What is the use.
by talking to so many people, and reading these messages, i really feel totally down that we are paying the price (our happiness, peace and time) for our forefather's mistake.
Such an Intellectual people, failed to record the incidents.... their family values, customs and procedures.
What we follow now is definitely 1/10 of what it is.
Very few have come out in search of the real Native and Kuladeivam.. like us.
Rest all have given up or never wanted to waste time...
But I will not leave it as it is.
Except for the Nadi Josiyam, Rest all said that my Kuladeivam is Kali...That is confirmed.
Now the Native.. The History of Smartha/Vadama... leads straight to Trichy/Srirangam Mainly...
This should be my Native..
And find that one Deivam suppose to be my kuladeivam... with North facing, Sitting, Neither very Ugram (but Ugram) nor santham... Near water body... These information are based on the Horoscope... I cross checked with my father's horoscope also.. both matches.. So, I have to come to a conclusion that Trichy, Uraiyur (Woraiyur) Vekkali Amman is my Kuladeivam and my Native.
But... I'm Still holding it..Just in case if I get some connection from these groups.. and get some confirmation on what I have deicded..
The Quest of knowing the Truth is always there in me as a natural behaviour..
it will continue..
your messages are really giving me strength.. and feel happy to get connected with my community.
Regards.
K Ramesh

I found an article in the tamil magazine 'deepam' (november 2014) about the kuladeivam and how to find out. I am
1599553289525.png

1599553347217.png

1599553407510.png

Attachments

• 1599553271114.png
    1599553271114.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 214
Dear All
Good Evening
Can anyone Please tell me Trichy/Srirangam Vadama-Iyer Sambradhayangal.. for all occations..
Actually my Father Passed Away Last Friday Evening and From 10th Day I want to know the rituals...
Rite now its mix of Palakkad and North Arcot. which im not really comfortable with..
Want to be on Track in Trichy/Srirangam-Vadama-Iyer Sambradhayam
Thanks
K Ramesh
By the way our Kuladeivam is Kaaralamman-Uraiyur-Trichy

Dear all
Namaskaram
Adiyen Ramesh from Chennai, Garga gothram, Apastamba Sutram.
Actually, Im in Search of my Poorveegam and my Kuladeivam.
i was told by my father that our Kuladeivam is Puthukode Bhagavathi/Kannambara Kavu.. and we used to go there every year.
some 10 years back, when I was looking for some information on the History, I read an article that All Palghat Brahmins are migrated from Tamilnadu in different periods. Then I asked my father about the root. Unfortunately he also dont know. When I asked him how did he fix Puthucode Bhagavathy as kuladeivam, he told his brother in law told him (Sister's Husband). but no proof or basis for that.
my real search begun on that day. I went to at least 3 people for Prasannam and Nadi josiyam etc., Nadi josiyam its been given as Tiruvellore Vaidhya veera Raghavar, But as per Horoscope its Kali.. (Pen Deivam)..
Some said Thillai Kali, Patteeswaram Dugai, Ambaragathur Kali... worshipped all.. but not at peace, search continued... no one could give me a solution. Then came a person in my office, who saw my horoscope and started to relate it with Latitude and Longtitude.
Which eventually lead to Trichy. Now I want to connect to my roots, which we lost for almost 100 to 150 years.
My father Krishnamurthy Iyer/Santha my Grand Father.. Venkateeswara Iyer/Lakshmi my Great Grand father- Vaithyanana Iyer (Vaidhyalingam)/Subbamba(Subbalakshmi) and Great Great Grand Father Venkateeswaran/Anandhamba. Puthucode-(Kizhakke Grammam)

Lakshmi (Venkateeswaran) - Father of Lakshmi -Sandilya Gothram --Sri Krishnan/Meenakshi - Subbaraman/Lakshmi...Anantharaman/Alamelu .
They lived in Mannarkad.

If anyone in this group has any connection to this list given please be in touch with me in [email protected]/8939566080

Thanks & Regards

K Ramesh
Phalgat Iyers migrated from Tanjore side; Brahmins at Trivandrum, Ernagulkam, Perumbavoor, Kaladi.. (south Kerala) migrated from Tirunelveli District like Valliyur. There was one Valliyur Subbier, Perumbavur Rama Iyer et al., migrated from Valliyur, in Tirunelveli. So, it will be best to narrow your search to Trichy-Tanjore-Mannarudi etc. One way would be to search the HRD dept. web site( I don't have their id) for various temples and the primary deity, you may stumble at some solution. Many Kuladeivams were border guarding deities of their native villages. Also, contact ******* - Tamilnadu Brahmins Association who may have local chapters to help you with: https://*******.org/

It is good that you are finding your roots. I could go back up to 1600 like a long search. It is important if genetic problems crop up one can find solution within the clan. I am not clanish, but this root search will be helpful to annual get together etc. Best of luck.

Good Morning.
You are correct Sir.
Thanks
K Ramesh
Can anyone help finding kuladeivam. We are bharadwaja gothram and according to ancestors migrated from trichi srirangam belt to Kerala but neither parents knew kuladeivam but we were told venkatachalapathy and we pray and do Pooja daily. Wanted to know which venkatachalapathy from Trichy srirangam area.

Can anyone assist.

Phone 9789879726
Same what's app too
[email protected]

I can give further details if required as may be necessary.

Our parents settled in Porkulam near Kunnamkulam Trichur Dist.

Some years ago, I was very keen in knowing the ancestry of my father and my mother etc. I decided to document it and came across a software called , 'My Heritage". I was able construct a tree but not more than my father's great grandfather. The practise of destroying the horoscope when the person passed away made it more difficult. I wonder if astrolger can trace the kuladeivam if the horoscope is available.
yes - it is possible - we are also palght brahmins , in search of our kuladaivam - after my previous post in this thread about our ancestors, my granddaughter 's marriage got fixed, and as we had to do a prarthanai to the kuladeivam prior to the wedding, I was able to contact an extremely good astrologer who was able to fix up where our kuladeivam is and praarthanais have been done there. I have not had much luck with Nadi Josiyam, though its supposed to be very accurate - contact me in Whatsapp 9442617476 - i should be able to give you details of the astrologr.

Namaskaram
Madam Kamu and Mr Venkatraman.
I tried through my friend who has studied this subject.
We tried thru the latitude & Longtitude positions.
Infact there will be a minor adjustment, as the time what we give might not be accurat. But we can definitely go very close and find.
in your case you know your Native.
But in my case, first I have to find my native and then the kuladeivam.
If you are interested please call me in 00918939566080.
I will give my friends number you can try thru him.
to me what ever he said is perfect.
Out of all the Prasannam and other Nadi josiyam... this result is satisfactory absolutely.
Thanks & Regards

K Ramesh
namaskaram - thank you - I have been able to get the help of very good astrologer, and have been able to fix up our kuladeivam - he was able to correlate with horoscopes from our family and things have gone on smoothly after that -
Thanks for the update -

I am looking for our kuladaivam since past 50 years, The only clue is padur bhagavati. Can any help us. We are palakkad Iyer from chandrashekarapuram. .please call me paddu 9986003430.

I am looking for our kuladaivam since past 50 years, The only clue is padur bhagavati. Can any help us. We are palakkad Iyer from chandrashekarapuram. .please call me paddu 9986003430.
Dear Mr Paddu
since your family hails from Chandrasekarapuram village in Palakkad district , most probably your kuladeivam will be Puthur Sri Thirupuraikkal Baghavathy whose temple is situated in Puthur which is just 12 kms from your village. Padur is about 30 kms from Palakkad , but there is no Amman temple there. You had mentioned Padur Baghavathy which may really be Puthur Baghavathy. Details about this temple is available at https://g.co/kgs/3rvYjN
This is an ancient and powerful temple of Shakti in whole of Malabar. Bhadrakali is the main deity worshipped here. Hope this proves correct, otherwise search will have to continue. This information was provided by one of my relatives who is very familiar with Palakkad and Kerala.

There is also a village named ‘Padur’ in Tamil Nadu in Kancheepuram district near Thiruporur. There is a Prithyanakara Devi ( kali or bhagavati) temple within the Agasteeswarar temple precincts. If your forefathers had migrated to Palakkad from this place, it may be worth visiting this place and do further research.

Good Afternoon
Thanks for your reply
All these Started after seeing the Nadi Josiyam.
As per Nadi.. my kuladeivam is Tiruvellore Vaidhya Veeraraghava Swamy... and that too they accepted on fulfiling their wish... hence the actual kuladeivam worship was stopped. As per Nadi its 150 to 200 years approximately.
At the end of the day, The actual kuladeivam was left un cared and the new also..
As soon as I came to know about veeraraghavar, on the same day i went there and worshipped him..
from their my real search was On...

Regards

K Ramesh
Appreciate your efforts

Some say bringing and using sand or clay from a river and worshining that as Kula daivam will reveal the real daity.

Latest ads

Back