• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

In an Iyengar arangatram is Nataraja the presiding deity?

Yeah. When we die we become shava then we become Bhasma. No one becomes Trishul or Dhamru. So realize Vishnu before we become a shava.

Shiva is Bhasmabooshitanga(one who is adorned with ash)..
In the process of cremation the human remains become BHASMA..a stark reminder that everything goes back to SHIVA.

I dont see Vishnu anywhere in this equation?

Ashes to Ashes,Dust to Dust,
Surrender before your brains rust!

Best answer of all. GREAT SWAMY

1. Dance is just an art form. In Hindu tradition it is used as a means to pray. The Bharatnatya did not originate from Nataraj/ Shiva. It is just that Nataraj murthy is a dancing form of Shiva.

2. Vaishnavite Godheads are also known for dancing. A famous Shivite vAggeyakAra has written in Tamil ".........
உன் ஆடலைக்காணத்தில்லை அம்பலத்தரசனும் தன் ஆடலை விட்டுஇங்கு கோகுலம் வந்தான்..............." (the song starts with ஆடாது அசங்காது வா கண்ணா...). Yes, Krishna danced.

3. For a vaishnavite Shiva is not an alien creature to be shunned. It is just that it is the belief of a Vaishnava that every Devatha including Shiva is permeated by Lord Vishnu/Sriman Narayana the almighty God. And it is just that a vaishnavite worships only that almighty God and none else.

Coming back to the original question, if an Iyengar worships an entity called Shiva, he worships the Srimannarayana who is pervading that entity along with everything else in creation. Thus the Iyengar has no problem singing in praise of Shiva or Nataraja or what you want. He is happily singing the praise of his Srimannarayana in fact. For lesser other beings who split hairs this may sound like Latin.

I worship Vinayaka and Kali when they come in procession in the street. That does not mean I am violating the Iyengar's religious belief system. I pray to Srimannarayana in Vinayaka and Kali. That is all. Take it or leave it.
Renukaji, I have answered your question.

I am just inquiring our learned members for their knowledge.
This is not an Iyengar- Iyer argument.
I want a Bharatnatyam arangatrum here in the USA.
The father an Iyengar (liberal), but the teacher is Tamilian from Malaysia.
The prayers and songs were about all deities, including, Shiva, Nataraja, Rama, Krishna, Devi, and Balajee.
I asked the father if praying to Natraja was allowed for an Iyengar, he just laughed it off.
I do not know any hardcore Vaisnava to ask this question.
No offense meant.
It’s my opinion that kindly stop publishing these sort of controversial and conflicting topics. Divisions created amongst people only foster hatred. Let this forum devote time for spread of knowledge contained in various books of Veda, Bhagavatha and Puranas.

It’s my opinion that kindly stop publishing these sort of controversial and conflicting topics. Divisions created amongst people only foster hatred. Let this forum devote time for spread of knowledge contained in various books of Veda, Bhagavatha and Puranas.

Sabesaji,
Welcome to the forum, you joined in the forum in 2015, and have posted 5 times.
We welcome your opinion, just as other people who have come and gone away from the forum.
The Administrator and owner of the forum has some basic basic vision for the forum. We accept the forum rules.
There are specific sections exclusively for what you are suggesting. Other section are for general discussion.
If you do not wish to participate in those sections you can avoid them.

Let others enjoy what suites them.

Latest ads

Back