• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

If I were made the Chief Law and Order and Knowledge advisor...

Is there an inner self? By inner self I mean something not external to us but in us. We need to understand first what external reality is. It is all that can be perceived or detected by something physical, a sensory organ for example or a physical instrument.

Is there anything that cannot be perceived or detected by anything physical? Before answering that we need to examine the concept of mental reality. Just like objects are to physical reality, thoughts are to mental reality. We can distinguish two types of thoughts. One is the physical based ones which are formed from the sensory outputs. These reflect what we perceive through sense organs. The other type of thoughts are the abstract ones which are independent of the sensory output.

These are the ones that are the output of cogitation and form the ideas, discoveries and inventions. We can hypothesize that these emanate from something independent of physical world and is called as the mind in the field of spirituality.The mind helps us perceive the hidden truths and laws and the inner workings of nature. The above reasoning reasonably assures us the existence of mind.

We will explore further whether the existence of soul a deeper inner self is necessary to explain nature and its workings.

The thoughts produced by the brain I believe can be detected but not the ones that come from the mind. But brain can also become evolved and be ideal like the mind. At that point the brain and mind are equivalent and no negative thoughts are produced or accepted by the brain and so also the body. Ones body is then said to be perfectly spiritual.

The body then is the perfect embodiment of prakriti or Maya and mind the purusha as per the concepts of ancient philosophy.

The physical self then ferocious at adharma and mind relishing dharma.

I am beginning to believe that force can never really be a part of solution. I am rethinking my views on use of force to mend people. I am not sure whether this will be an enduring view as it is also true many people respond to force only. Is there any good alternative?

It is an extremely difficult balancing act as one should not get carried away by the success of using force. Only God can pull off that balance.

We need to focus on small problems first before planning to tackle huge problems. With respect to both thoughts and actions. Believe me it is a very difficult task. For that one needs to be constantly monitoring the thoughts for destructive pragmatism. That is thoughts and actions that focus only on the self and the material.

It is the ideal nature of the mind that can counter the negative thoughts. So one needs to strengthen ones mind. Entertain thoughts that are ideal. Let them fight with the negative thoughts of the brain.

Your real test comes when you are actually in the midst of the situation that creates the negativity. Generally we will be overwhelmed by the negativity. However with constant nurturing of ideal thoughts changes begin to happen.

Let us take an example. You think you are not smart enough and fear putting across your ideas and thoughts in front of others. This is the most common fear and influences the behaviour of people. People don't want criticism or be ridiculed. They will try to avoid them and generally go with the tide.

It is imperative that you put across what you think and not parrot what is expected provided it doesn't hurt others or is harmful to others. The fact that you are nurturing ideal thoughts constantly will sooner or later elevate your thinking and will make you come across in a positive way.

Remember you can go with the tide or project false intelligence to impress people but you will never grow mentally. That is you can never become spiritual .It is necessary to be original even if people may think it as stupid but something positive will be happening if you stick with good thoughts.

Last edited:
Everyone has the potential for perfection. We have been relentlessly hammered the view that not all are equally capable. That thought itself discourages us and deters progress. Nurture thoughts of perfection. You will grow mentally.

The problem with maintaining law and order is that there are many forces at work wanting desperately to destabilize India. I do not have to mention which country or group of countries are that. They wont succeed. On the contrary they are going succumb by their own self destructive force.

Indians by themselves are good. But they are being corrupted by foreign forces. The hoary culture and background of India has maintained it in good stead despite very strong attempts to harm it.. It is the foreign influence that is the culprit and has to be dealt with

Latest ads

Back