• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The maid engaged to help me in house hold chores is destructive! She keeps on damaging the vessels. Her recent attack

was on the whistle of the milk cooker.

Last week, I left the milk cooker on the stove and went out of my kitchen. After a while, the aroma (?) of burnt milk filled up

the kitchen and started flowing out! Yes.... The tiny plate in the whistle was dangling inside, giving only a 'puff' and not a whistle!

After struggling for about 15 minutes with trial and error method, the plate was in the correct angle; 'araldite' fixed it in place.

When the adhesive paste dried up, the whistle was back in action!! :whistle:

IMG_4017.JPG

Last week, I left the milk cooker on the stove and went out of my kitchen. After a while, the aroma (?) of burnt milk filled up

Idea Mami, Why did you go out keeping the milk on the stove?
Basic thing is that when you boil milk, never leave that place!!!

P J Sir,

Have you not
seen
milk cookers with whistle? They are manufactured to allow us to go out of the kitchen, because when the

milk starts boiling, the whistle will blow! We have to simmer the stove and when the whistle blows for the second time, put off

the stove. Since my maid broke the whistle, I did not get the w
arning! That is why I wrote:

Her recent attack was on the whistle of the milk cooker.

P J Sir,

Have you not
seen
milk cookers with whistle? They are manufactured to allow us to go out of the kitchen, because when the

milk starts boiling, the whistle will blow! We have to simmer the stove and when the whistle blows for the second time, put off

the stove. Since my maid broke the whistle, I did not get the w
arning! That is why I wrote:

Idea Mami

Since the Whistle is broken It is all the more important, you should be there in the kitchen till the milk reaches boiling point. That was my point.

OMG! You haven't got the point! The fact that the whistle is broken came to my knowledge, ONLY when the whistle did NOT blow

on that day and milk started overflowing on the stove, letting out the aroma! OK? I learnt one more lesson from my maid.
icon3.png

And, now a days, I remove the repaired whistle, before letting my 'strong' maid wash the milk cooker!! :lol:

The plastic holder of the gas lighter was fixed to the wooden portion of the kitchen window because I did not wish to drill

the walls for this purpose. When the 'netlon' screens were fixed, the holder had to be removed. How to hang the lighter

without disturbing the walls? Drove a 3/4 inch nail to the edge of the window frame - easily - and a loop fixed to the gas

lighter, using a small electrical wire and insulation tape. :cool: Right? Now, the gas lighter hangs on the nail!

IMG_4013.JPG

OMG! You haven't got the point! The fact that the whistle is broken came to my knowledge, ONLY when the whistle did NOT blow

on that day and milk started overflowing on the stove, letting out the aroma! OK? I learnt one more lesson from my maid.
icon3.png

And, now a days, I remove the repaired whistle, before letting my 'strong' maid wash the milk cooker!! :lol:

Idea Mami

Now did you understand how irritating it would be to me when you imagine so many things on my post an answer? only to send you that message i was posting all these.

Idea Mami

Now did you understand how irritating it would be to me when you imagine so many things on my post an answer? only to send you that message i was posting all these.
Thank you for your explanation!
So, hereafter :tape: in your threads! For me... :peace:

Dear P J Sir,

What else do you expect as a reply, if you write:

....... Now did you understand how irritating it would be to me when you imagine so many things on my post an answer? only to send you that message i was posting all these.

I do not wish to irritate anyone in our forum. :nono:

P.S: 'R R madam' is a better way to address me!

My 'helper maid' often damags the vessels. One of her attacks is always on the handle of the pressure cooker. She turns

it so hard that everyday the screw gets loose! Now I have put 'm-seal' on the sides of the handle to keep it tight in place.

So far so good! :cool:

IMG_4027.JPG

Greetings.

#117.

That is the same vessel I use everyday for making kuzhambu/sambar/pongs. Mostly I use it as non-pressure vessel. Only sometimes use the lid and the weight.

I don't have any 'helper maid'. I find the screw becoming loose often and tighten that. The nut used in manufacture is not 'lock tight'. For a tiny fraction of extra cost, that screw loosening problem can be eradicated. But Indian manufacturers wouldn't do it.

That is the same vessel I use everyday for making kuzhambu/sambar/pongs. Mostly I use it as non-pressure vessel. Only sometimes use the lid and the weight.

I don't have any 'helper maid'. I find the screw becoming loose often and tighten that. The nut used in manufacture is not 'lock tight'. For a tiny fraction of extra cost, that screw loosening problem can be eradicated. But Indian manufacturers wouldn't do it.
Dear Raghy Sir,

I always use it as a pressure cooker to save time! Otherwise, how to participate in this forum with my busy schedule? :D

A wavy washer,
kept just below the head of the screw, which can press against this handle would help to lock it properly.
But as you say, our manufactures do not care about it! This 'm-seal' support keeps it in place and my maid washes it too! :couch2:

One more 'adventure' I had with my maid was when she lost the 'nut' in the poori press! That size was not available with me.

Why worry when 'm-seal' is handy? I made a small ball of m-seal and applied over the tip of the screw and let it dry. This m-seal

nut is holding the screw in place for the past one year! :cool: (You can find this 'nut' in jet black color, on the right side)

IMG_4039.JPG

I am going to Ram's native village for two days!

Shall join after returning to Sing. Chennai. Till then ... :wave:

what an interesting thread.

re pressure cooker handles - this time a few months back, afer our prestige had died, due to handle burnout, we bought a stainless steel chinese made.

the handles are riveted and there is a metal plate protecting the handle to the vessel, so that there is no direct exposure to the fire.

so far so good. all tight and fit.

re puri press.

does it really work. i have been wanting to buy one, but mrs K has overruled me. she is of opinion that this is useless. and like all south indians i know, our chapathi making process is elaborate and time consuming. unlike the punjabis i have seen, who can take a ball of maavu, and make dainty circular rotis, thin and even, just by patting it in their hands :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back