• If you are using hotmail, outlook, live or rediffmail email and is trying to register or have registered with the website, please read this post.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbs

Dear P J Sir,

என் சோகக் கதைப் பகுதியைக் கிளறுகின்றீர்கள்! சங்கீதம் என் முதல் விருப்பம். ஆனால் சங்கீதம் படிக்க சரித்திரம் ஒரு

பாடமாக அமையும்! (Music - main; History - ancillary) எனக்கு சரித்திரப் பாடம் எட்டிக் காய்! மருத்துவம் படிக்க, புகுமுக

வகுப்பில் (P U C) தவளை, எலி, கரப்பான் பூச்சி இன்ன பிற அறுக்க வேண்டும். இதுவும் பிடிக்காத விஷயமே. தவளையை

அறுக்க முடியாதவள், எப்படி 'மருத்துவி' ஆவேன்?? கணிதம் நன்றாக வரும் என்பதால், வேறு வழியின்றி, கணித
த்தில்

முதுகலை (M Sc) பட்டம் பெற்றேன்!

1976-வது ஆண்டின் சிறந்த வீணை இசை இளம் கலைஞராகத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்டு, திருச்சி மற்றும் கரூர் இசை

மேடைகளில் வீணை வாசித்ததும், விசாகப் பட்டணத்தில் அகில இந்திய வானொலியில் வீணை இசைத்ததும் என்

இள வயது சாதனைகள்! இப்போது
சங்கீதம் கற்பித்து
, என் இசை ஆர்வத்தைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்ளுகிறேன். :cool:
hi RR madam,
i strongly believe that the SIX important things in our life based on poorva janma karma phala...its not our choice....

its purely chance/luck..many disagree with me...but its my analysis.....my opinion too....THE SIX THINGS ARE....BIRTH....EDUCATION...

JOB.....WIFE ....CHILDREN....DEATH.... i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

P.J.

Raji Madam

You got so much of Talent in you; very nice to know about your knowledge in Veena also.

The original name for Saraswati Veena was Kacchapi Veena – meaning the main resonator was in the shape of a tortoise back.Saraswati Veena traces its name to the acclaimed painting of the great artist Raja Ravi Verma.

MA Saraswathi Veena points to the collective sound of all our thoughts and actions as it is manifest as music in the cosmic universe; it marks the withdrawal of the senses and the focus needed to attain knowledge. Placing the left hand on top of the veena closer to the heart shows that knowledge should be used for the good of others. Placing the right hand on the bottom shows that negative knowledge should be kept under control. The veena points to the potential for the negative and positive purposes of knowledge--the choice is left to the person as to which type of knowledge is used.

Since you also mastered this Art, true to its meaning, you spread your knowledge for the good of others.

Raji Ram

..........THE SIX THINGS ARE....BIRTH....EDUCATION...JOB.....WIFE ....CHILDREN....DEATH.... i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....
Dear T B S Sir,

Just one change: BIRTH .... EDUCATION ... JOB ..... SPOUSE .... CHILDREN .... DEATH ... :)

மனைவி அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம் என்பதைப் போலவே

கணவன் அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம். :angel:

Raji Ram

Thank you P J Sir for your post on Veena.

There will be markings for the basic 'Sa Ri Ga Ma Pa Dha Ni' in both octaves for the rAgam MAyAmALavagowla.

Once, a few of the marking beads in one of my veenas ( I have four with me) fell down. I took the
thick silver

color paper from a Br
ooke Bond tea packet and made circular pieces with the help of a punching machine.

Those shiny pieces were fixed with feviquick paste to replace the beads. :thumb:

P.J.

P J Sir,

I have already sent one bundle to my son and one to my sister in law, through our (Ram & me) niece who visited us for winter break! :D

Raji Madam

Just outside T Nagar Post office ( Pondy Bazar) , you will find a shop with packing material to send parcel through Post Office; They pack very neatly ; They help in every way , and even stand in the line before Registered Parcel Counter , and get the proper Receipt from Post office; that way we are relieved of standing in the line ; They may be charging a little extra than those Post Office men do the packing.
We used to send Sweets, to UK/US like this.

prasad1

Raji Madam

Just outside T Nagar Post office ( Pondy Bazar) , you will find a shop with packing material to send parcel through Post Office; They pack very neatly ; They help in every way , and even stand in the line before Registered Parcel Counter , and get the proper Receipt from Post office; that way we are relieved of standing in the line ; They may be charging a little extra than those Post Office men do the packing.
We used to send Sweets, to UK/US like this.
PJji,
Is there a name for this shop?

Raghy

hi RR madam,
i strongly believe that the SIX important things in our life based on poorva janma karma phala...its not our choice....

its purely chance/luck..many disagree with me...but its my analysis.....my opinion too....THE SIX THINGS ARE....BIRTH....EDUCATION...

JOB.....WIFE ....CHILDREN....DEATH.... i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....
Sri. TBS sir, Greetings.

Kindly pardon me for picking up a message addressed to someone else. ( seeking pardon from both parties).

It is interesting to note you mentioned about 'poorva janma karma phala'. My birth was dubious. As per education, although I always managed much much better than the average, I was a punch bag everytime I presented my progress card... at one stage, I just gave up.. couldn't be bothered. As per job, I have been employed all my life, but did not make enough money?.... I just don't know. When it comes to wife, it was her courage, her confidence and her boldness along with her support, things happened; I grew up in a village... If she complained at any stage even once, most of the village would have beaten me up!... Well, we made two children, worked as best to our knowledge as possible to provide the best possible by us; we are going to leave it at that. We don't expect anything in return.

Death.. yet to be seen.

Now can you guess about my poorva janma karma, please? Thank you.

Cheers!

Raji Ram

In many flats in Sing. Chennai, clothes lines are provided in the bed rooms / sit outs. To save space, all the clothes including

blouses and petticoats could be put in hangers and dried. We also have clothes lines in one of the rooms, though there are a

few in the back yard. To lift the hangers, I fixed a one inch screw to a PVC pipe - about 3 feet in length. The screw could be easily

fixed, if we make a hole in the PVC pipe, by poking the 'appak kuchchi', after heating its tip on gas stove for about half a minute.

I find it very useful. Earlier, I used to get the thin rods used in the textile stores to roll the shirt lengths and fix a nail at one end.

Now a days, they have replaced the rods with cardboard sheets!

Raji Ram

..... When it comes to wife, it was her courage, her confidence and her boldness along with her support, things happened;
உங்கள் மனைவி இறைவன் தந்த வரம் என்பது நிஜமே! :angel:

P.J.

PJji,
Is there a name for this shop?
Raji Madam

There is no name to the shop, but it is just outside the Post office Compound; there is also a Tea Shop, this one is before that; the owner's name is Govinda Rajan, but he has another shop, only his daughters are managing it.
You need to fill up some forms giving the details of the items packed etc. Do not send any Liquid items ; it is not accepted.

tbs

Sri. TBS sir, Greetings.

Kindly pardon me for picking up a message addressed to someone else. ( seeking pardon from both parties).

It is interesting to note you mentioned about 'poorva janma karma phala'. My birth was dubious. As per education, although I always managed much much better than the average, I was a punch bag everytime I presented my progress card... at one stage, I just gave up.. couldn't be bothered. As per job, I have been employed all my life, but did not make enough money?.... I just don't know. When it comes to wife, it was her courage, her confidence and her boldness along with her support, things happened; I grew up in a village... If she complained at any stage even once, most of the village would have beaten me up!... Well, we made two children, worked as best to our knowledge as possible to provide the best possible by us; we are going to leave it at that. We don't expect anything in return.

Death.. yet to be seen.

Now can you guess about my poorva janma karma, please? Thank you.

Cheers!
hi raghy sir,
i clearly mentioned in last line itsself...i repeat here again...i know and expected some comment on this....

.. i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

its purely my experiences and opinion tooo...

Raji Ram

I found a request in my mail box (not here as a post) to suggest an idea to keep off pegions from the balcony! Sorry.. No idea!

If any other member knows, please share it here. But I read somewhere that to keep off birds, a huge balloon with bid eyes

drawn on it will keep away birds in general. May be, a huge light coloured ball with big eyes drawn kept in the balcony will help!

Raghy

hi raghy sir,
i clearly mentioned in last line itsself...i repeat here again...i know and expected some comment on this....

.. i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

its purely my experiences and opinion tooo...
Sri. TBS, Greetings.

I was not planning to challenge you. My request was sincere.

Cheers!

Thank you Madam for the information. I did post this request on this forum thread; probably it was taken off by a moderator.

I am struggling for the last two/three months to keep off the pigeons from my balcony; they find the awning covered balcony populated with potted plants a nice place to rest and roost. They are so smart that they have a counter strategy for any strategy that one has to keep them off.

I look forward to suggestions from those who had experienced this menace earlier and have come out of it successfully.

With best regards,

Ramakrishnan

Raji Ram

Whenever there is a get together in any relative's house nearby, my pressure cookers will be on demand.

Since there is a chance of the weight valve getting mixed up, I wind a colour thread, for easy identification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.