• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi RR madam,
i strongly believe that the SIX important things in our life based on poorva janma karma phala...its not our choice....

its purely chance/luck..many disagree with me...but its my analysis.....my opinion too....THE SIX THINGS ARE....BIRTH....EDUCATION...

JOB.....WIFE ....CHILDREN....DEATH.... i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

Sri. TBS sir, Greetings.

Kindly pardon me for picking up a message addressed to someone else. ( seeking pardon from both parties).

It is interesting to note you mentioned about 'poorva janma karma phala'. My birth was dubious. As per education, although I always managed much much better than the average, I was a punch bag everytime I presented my progress card... at one stage, I just gave up.. couldn't be bothered. As per job, I have been employed all my life, but did not make enough money?.... I just don't know. When it comes to wife, it was her courage, her confidence and her boldness along with her support, things happened; I grew up in a village... If she complained at any stage even once, most of the village would have beaten me up!... Well, we made two children, worked as best to our knowledge as possible to provide the best possible by us; we are going to leave it at that. We don't expect anything in return.

Death.. yet to be seen.

Now can you guess about my poorva janma karma, please? Thank you.

Cheers!

In many flats in Sing. Chennai, clothes lines are provided in the bed rooms / sit outs. To save space, all the clothes including

blouses and petticoats could be put in hangers and dried. We also have clothes lines in one of the rooms, though there are a

few in the back yard. To lift the hangers, I fixed a one inch screw to a PVC pipe - about 3 feet in length. The screw could be easily

fixed, if we make a hole in the PVC pipe, by poking the 'appak kuchchi', after heating its tip on gas stove for about half a minute.

I find it very useful. Earlier, I used to get the thin rods used in the textile stores to roll the shirt lengths and fix a nail at one end.

Now a days, they have replaced the rods with cardboard sheets!

IMG_3986.JPG

..... When it comes to wife, it was her courage, her confidence and her boldness along with her support, things happened;
உங்கள் மனைவி இறைவன் தந்த வரம் என்பது நிஜமே! :angel:

PJji,
Is there a name for this shop?

Raji Madam

There is no name to the shop, but it is just outside the Post office Compound; there is also a Tea Shop, this one is before that; the owner's name is Govinda Rajan, but he has another shop, only his daughters are managing it.
You need to fill up some forms giving the details of the items packed etc. Do not send any Liquid items ; it is not accepted.

Sri. TBS sir, Greetings.

Kindly pardon me for picking up a message addressed to someone else. ( seeking pardon from both parties).

It is interesting to note you mentioned about 'poorva janma karma phala'. My birth was dubious. As per education, although I always managed much much better than the average, I was a punch bag everytime I presented my progress card... at one stage, I just gave up.. couldn't be bothered. As per job, I have been employed all my life, but did not make enough money?.... I just don't know. When it comes to wife, it was her courage, her confidence and her boldness along with her support, things happened; I grew up in a village... If she complained at any stage even once, most of the village would have beaten me up!... Well, we made two children, worked as best to our knowledge as possible to provide the best possible by us; we are going to leave it at that. We don't expect anything in return.

Death.. yet to be seen.

Cheers!
hi raghy sir,
i clearly mentioned in last line itsself...i repeat here again...i know and expected some comment on this....

.. i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

its purely my experiences and opinion tooo...

I found a request in my mail box (not here as a post) to suggest an idea to keep off pegions from the balcony! Sorry.. No idea!

If any other member knows, please share it here. But I read somewhere that to keep off birds, a huge balloon with bid eyes

drawn on it will keep away birds in general. May be, a huge light coloured ball with big eyes drawn kept in the balcony will help!
icon3.png

hi raghy sir,
i clearly mentioned in last line itsself...i repeat here again...i know and expected some comment on this....

.. i may be wrong...ppl have different opinions....

its purely my experiences and opinion tooo...

Sri. TBS, Greetings.

I was not planning to challenge you. My request was sincere.

Cheers!

Thank you Madam for the information. I did post this request on this forum thread; probably it was taken off by a moderator.

I am struggling for the last two/three months to keep off the pigeons from my balcony; they find the awning covered balcony populated with potted plants a nice place to rest and roost. They are so smart that they have a counter strategy for any strategy that one has to keep them off.

I look forward to suggestions from those who had experienced this menace earlier and have come out of it successfully.

With best regards,

Ramakrishnan

Whenever there is a get together in any relative's house nearby, my pressure cookers will be on demand.

Since there is a chance of the weight valve getting mixed up, I wind a colour thread, for easy identification!

IMG_3987.JPG

Sri. TBS sir, Greetings.

Death.. yet to be seen.

Cheers!

Shri Raghy,

I think, it is needless to say that, I share the same views/opinions as what been expressed by Shri tbs and many others who could realize and believe in the same.

Now, I would like to express something below, to get your feedback.

"I struggled and acheived"
"I applied my brain, got recognized ONLY due to my brain and scaled high"
"I put in hard work and I was reasonably rewarded"
"With my intelligence I picked up my right spouse and thus could have a successful family life with peace and harmony"
"I worked with my spouse to provide the best to my children and it's now done"
"I brought up my kids well and they are now successful and happy"

- This is what many successful and contented people say.

"I struggled But I couldn't achieve"
"I applied my brain BUT I was devastated by others"
"With my intelligence and true love of heart I picked up my spouse/love/partner BUT after some time he/she changed and dodged me"
"I worked with my spouse to provide the best to my children BUT the children/child never ever bothered to express their love and care towards us"
"I brought up my kids well to be successful and be good humans BUT they turned out to be failures"

- This is what many pained humans say.

Now, what I want to know from you is -

Are "ALL THE PEOPLE" falling under the later category are not competent and did not put the required efforts and brain to achieve the best possible in different aspects of their life?

And do you consider that, people who grumble for being cheated, discriminated, deprived of reasonable recognition and rewards, being neglected and pained by their spouse and children are all unreasonably and ridiculously feeling/expressing their distress, annoyance and disheartment?

Your valuable imputs/answers for the above question may enlighten many people to work towards "ALL ROUND SUCCESS, REASONABLE AND GENERALLY ACCEPTED HAPPYNESS AND CONTENTMENT".

I know these excahange of views are totally irrelevant to the thread topic. But, I coudn't resist my curiosity to express my self and get some insight from Shri.Raghy. I seek sincere apology.

I swear, I would not post such irrelevent post here after in this thread and would not attempt to drag by my further responses. Thus, I would request Shri Ragy to not to mistake me IF I don't exchange my views further with him, in case Shri.Raghy chooses to respond to my above query.

Last edited:

I found a request in my mail box (not here as a post) to suggest an idea to keep off pegions from the balcony! Sorry.. No idea!

If any other member knows, please share it here. But I read somewhere that to keep off birds, a huge balloon with bid eyes

drawn on it will keep away birds in general. May be, a huge light coloured ball with big eyes drawn kept in the balcony will help!
icon3.png

Raji Madam

Keeping a fake owl in the Veranda or balcony wards off pigeons entering there.

Perhaps you've seen them perched on office building ledges, sitting atop museum roofs, or lining bridges like sentinels. From the streets of San Francisco to the shores of Savannah, you'll find fake owls standing duty.

In Chennai, one may get these fake owls from NARI Koravas, HANDICRAFT emporiums ,etc
About Fake Owls | eHow.com

Dear Sri. Ravi, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post #60. I do not think your message is off topic; it is very well in sync with the topic. To a certain extend, you are exploring ideas in social skil development. In my opinion, there is no need for you apologise. If you choose not to reply further, it is perfectly all right. I appreciate your kindness to inform that before hand.

I request you to kindly look at my message in post #51. I am neither claiming any success not expressing any pain. I just wrote the simple jist of my life as I see it and as it happened.

My point was just to show, success and failures are only subjective feelings. Anybody watched me during my childhood and teen years would have considered me as an incapable person ( to certain extend even as a cowardly person). I was not a role model for success. But things happened... continue to happen.

Since you sought my insight, this is my insight - Even when we don't know about our life to the full extend, we should not let others pass judgement about our success or failures. Real success or real failure lies in our mind. It is only measured by the amount of satisfaction and the amount of happiness and laughter we share with others.... never measured by money/status/career success/catching a great looking or wealthy spouse etc. One serve of 'thayir sadam' we eat in peace at home is 1,000 times more tastier than a buffet in a 5 star hotel given by someone else for a show-off.

I will never judge a person as incompetent if that person is trying to acheive something. Sometimes it takes longer to taste the success... but usually would happen one day if we keep trying. Everyone's life is unique. Our goals are not the same. Ravi, what is life? We came with nothing; we 'earned and gathered' so many things..... which are not really ours! when the time comes, we have to leave everything behind anyway. So, why should we judge someone?

Sometimes people do feel cheated not so much by their spouse but by their children. I guess we may have to analyse case by case... but in general, such feeling may have some justification in many cases. Let me explain, please... In most cases, parents support, encourage and contribute for their children's success.. sometimes parents go for 25 to 30 years of hardship for their children... I know of cases where they even spend their provident fund for educating their children... When such parents stand tired after spending their prime years, savings, all the money they had, they are in ned of support.. if the children take off leaving them high and dry, that would be heart breaking. If such parents feel cheated, I think they have a point.

I wrote in my message I don't expect anything from my children..... that was not due to my broad mindedness though! I still have few years under my belt and I am confident to make enough to retire without expecting any help. That's all. Secondly, I live in a country where I do get a pension ( irrespective to whether I worked in private sector or public sector). Such facility is not available in India. So, parents after spending their prime years are right to look towards their children for support.

I sincerely hope I addressed your question.

I did not fall in either of the category highlighted by you. So, I did not go through that portion of your message.

There was a reason to write my message when I wrote it. I don't believe in 'poorva janma karma' is beside the point. Even those who believe in 'poorva janma karma' can not say whether a person is suffering or leading a happy life because happiness is a subjective term. So, we can't really say a person is reaping the reward or paying the penalty in his/her life. ( Let me provide an example... when I was young, like 11 or 12 years old, sometimes I would be asked to go to our small farm to do some chores there... other kids would be enjoying their time, playing... I would be going to the farm. Now, one may see this as an unhappy situation, considering I can't play with other kids... other side of the coin is, I possibly would be breaking a pole of sugarcane from the farm and eating that after completing the chore! or it could be fresh peanuts.... if I am really lucky, it could be sugacane juice & fresh made jaggery!... you figure it!).

Cheers!

Some 'illaththarasigaL' like me, dress up well even while staying indoors. Kitchen work is a must and the dress might get

stained, if apron is not worn! Now, an idea - 'orE kallula rendu mAngAy'! Cotton towels fade off after using for a few months.

To recycle them usefully, just cut off a portion at one end of the long towel, big enough to slip over the head. It is an easy

to wear apron, which almost covers the full dress!

IMG_3982.JPG

hi raghy sir,

மனைவி அமைவதெல்லாம் இறைவன் கொடுத்த வரம்

......... I refer to your message in post #60. I do not think your message is off topic; it is very well in sync with the topic. To a certain extend, you are exploring ideas in social skill development. .........
I beg to differ this view. I do not want to explore ideas in social skill developments, in this thread!
This is a reminder of the OP: :ranger:

My mother fondly calls me 'Idea Thilakam'. I always try to find new ideas - to make useful things out of the old ones;

do some repair work with a new idea and so on... I wish to share a few of the ideas - a few of my own and a few from
other sources! Friends in our forum are :welcome: to share anything new they know! Thank you. :)

By 'anything new they know', I wanted some novel ideas and definitely not anything related to karmA theory! :)

I beg to differ this view. I do not want to explore ideas in social skill developments, in this thread!

Raji Madam

Beg to differ/disagree (formal)

A polite way of saying that you disagree with something that someone has said
Agreed;

Why not we use the word ‘I wish to differ’ instead of’ I beg to differ?’

Probably Raghy Sir could give some insight?

Cheers

Hi RR,

I refer to your message in post #65, please. If you feel my message in post #62 is off topic to this thread, you are welcome to request Sri. Praveen to remove it, please. It is up to Sri. Praveen to decide. I have no debate in that.

Cheers!

Sri. PJ Sir, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post #66. I don't have much of insight in this. Insight in this subject is not my forte. If it is not that agreeable, it may be removed.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sri. PJ Sir, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post #66. I don't have much of insight in this. Insight in this subject is not my forte. If it is not that agreeable, it may be removed.

Cheers!

Raghy Sir

I just wanted your insight about "wish to Differ " instead of "Beg to Differ"

Cheers!!

Hi RR,

I refer to your message in post #65, please. If you feel my message in post #62 is off topic to this thread, you are welcome to request Sri. Praveen to remove it, please. It is up to Sri. Praveen to decide. I have no debate in that. ...
Dear Raghy Sir,

Please do not say that you do not expect any reply!!

I do not want to drag the 'karmA' theory for many posts here. We talk often about this in many other threads. In fact

I strongly believe in that and also in அவனின்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது! You post is a good one an I too enjoyed reading it.

Thank you!

P.S: I felt sad because you did not address me in your usual style!! :pout:

Being 'illaththarasi', I should give a few ideas about easy ways to prepare food and drinks!

Here is an idea to make quick 'degree coffee'! The filter papers used in coffee makers is needed for this.

To make two cups of degree coffee: Place one filter paper in a cup and put two table spoons of coffee powder.

Pour 100 ml of boiling water. After one minute, gather the tip of the filter paper carefully; drain the decoction.

Add hot milk and sugar to taste. We can make cold coffee with cold milk too! :)

IMG_3995.JPG

Raji Madam

Give some smart ideas reg how to Keep Kannu Pidi in foreign countries where it is difficult to get proper Ingi leaves or banana leaves.
Also sugar cane bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back