• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This we learnt in a physics class. Fill the bottle with oil upto the level to be cut, and then dip a thick red hot iron rod. The glass will crack at the oil-air interface. It worked during school days. Now glasses too undergo tempering and stress relieving like humans; this trick may not work with all bottles.

Raji Madam

Any shop doing in Photo Frame, or Glass/Mirror wear selling shop can do this, they have the required tools for cutting.

This we learnt in a physics class. Fill the bottle with oil upto the level to be cut, and then dip a thick red hot iron rod. The glass will crack at the oil-air interface. It worked during school days. ........
Dear Sir,

It will be easier to go to a photo framing shop! :car:

Raji Madam

I got many really ORIGINAL IDEAS in my sleeve~~~do you want me to tell how you will go to photo frame shop..

Today seems to be 'total power shut down' day! :noidea: how because, it is usually on the 18th / the third Tuesday!!

So..... since I work with the UPS (clarification because, once my friend asked me whether I used a candle for 'power')

a quick idea without any picture. :D

To drive away mosquitoes in our vicinity, spread powdered camphor around the place. I do this in my music class room
with a couple of camphor tablets and also while listening to sabha concerts. OMG!! In some sabhas mosquitoes just kill you! :scared:

My friend told me that in Krishna Gana sabha, she found camphor smell as soon as she entered it.

I thought what Ram asked me once...... 'Are you testing whether your students can smell camphor?' :lol:

Today seems to be 'total power shut down' day! :noidea: how because, it is usually on the 18th / the third Tuesday!!

So..... since I work with the UPS (clarification because, once my friend asked me whether I used a candle for 'power')

a quick idea without any picture. :D

To drive away mosquitoes in our vicinity, spread powdered camphor around the place. I do this in my music class room
with a couple of camphor tablets and also while listening to sabha concerts. OMG!! In some sabhas mosquitoes just kill you! :scared:

Raji Madam

It is time for those who are living in Singara Chennai to have Solar Power panels in their roof top.
Who knows, the Government of Tamilnadu may bring a legislation to make it compulsory on all Households consuming more than 500 units per Two months to have their own Solar power panel.

Now you can possibly geta Solar power for Rs 1.5 to 2.0 Lacs investment. but when the Government brings an order, the price might shoot up.

We have in our Chennai home Inverter , Battery operated, no need for maintenance.

Dear RR Ji,

We should try to disprove this saying.... Kazhudaikku theriyuma karpoora vaasanai.

Please bring a donkey to your music classroom and observe if it gets restless and does not like the smell of camphor or it likes the smell and start singing too!LOL

Dear P J Sir,

We too have an inverter at our sweet home. But the total power cut will be for eight hours non stop and if I enter our forum

(won't leave easily), then we may not have any power to run the fans for the afternoon nap! Hence I stayed away from my PC. :D

My sister in law has installed solar power at our village but lot of problems are faced! :pout:

Dear Renu,

I would never dare prove the proverb wrong. When I went to the village with Ram, soon after our wedding, one mAmi came home with

a 'chombu' and asked for 'gOmiyam'. Ram's mom asked me to get it! I did not know the meaning first and was literally blinking like :loco:.

Then she told me that it is No. 1 of our cow! I was so scared and told that it is absolutely impossible! Now you are asking the lady who is

afraid
of a cow, to bring a donkey to her sweet home that too into the pooja room where she takes her classes!! :fear:

Dear Renu,

I would never dare prove the proverb wrong. When I went to the village with Ram, soon after our wedding, one mAmi came home with

a 'chombu' and asked for 'gOmiyam'. Ram's mom asked me to get it! I did not know the meaning first and was literally blinking like :loco:.

Then she told me that it is No. 1 of our cow! I was so scared and told that it is absolutely impossible! Now you are asking the lady who is

afraid
of a cow, to bring a donkey to her sweet home that too into the pooja room where she takes her classes!! :fear:

dearaji,

i could not help laughing at this. so funnny!!

what if instead, you had returned a chombu full of other miyams - just for namesake let us call it rajimiyams. or better still kunjuppuimyam :)

would that lady have ever known the difference?

not sure what they use gomiyam for, but anything the Go can do, humans can do better. no? :)

we used to have a mottai patti living opposite our house. whenever street cows peed, she used to rush, and gather some of the pee in her hand, and i forget, whether she drank it, or smeared it over her head.

oh well!!

Dear Renu,

afraid

Raji Madam

like this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSmJL0J_tlY

Last edited:

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

Those who use 'gOmiyam' regularly know the 'niRam, maNam and dhidam' of the special drink! :)

So, nobody can cheat them. Any day No 1 and 2 of 'gO' is far more better than human products!
I can't even think of replacing the 'chANi theLikkal / mozhugal' with what you have suggested! :faint:

Now you are asking the lady who is

afraid

Dear RR ji,

You know in my mother's community there is a tradition that when a child is born..they baby is given a drop of donkey's milk..believing that all ignorance will be washed away.

So my mum told us that when she was born the first drop of milk she drank was donkey's milk.

So my father often jokes when she gets stubborn saying "the donkey's milk only washed away the ignorance but it blessed you with stubbornness"

Also another donkey story...when I was a student in India..my mum used to come visit me often and we would go to Puttaparthi whenever she was visiting me.

Those days the Dobiwallah's there used donkeys to carry their load of clothes.

Somehow the donkey's used to love to look at my mother and turn their heads to look at her.

So I told her that donkey could be the descendant of the donkey who gave you milk!

Dear Renu,

I too have heard that the new born child is given donkey's milk first! In our village it used to be very costly
and dhobis made good fortune by this! :popcorn:

renukaji

'கழுதைப் பாலைக் குடித்ததாம்
அழுத பிள்ளை சிரித்ததாம்"

Donkey's Milk:

In Tamil Nadu of South India, Donkey's Milk is given to New Born Human for better and sound voice. Usually it is given only once. Rare occasions it is given twice. The quantity of Milk given varies between 5 to 10 ml, but not more than that.

Asses’ milk or donkey’s milk is has been used since Egyptian antiquity for both alimentary and cosmetic reasons.

Donkey milk, along with mare’s milk, is the closest to breast milk, with notably low lipid ratios and high lactose ratios.
Composition of donkey’s, mare’s, human and cow’s milk (g/100 g)

-- ----- -- -- donkey ---- mare- -- -- - --- human -- --- --- cow
pH ......... 7.0 to 7.2 - - 7.18 - - ---- ---7.0 to 7.5 - - ---- 6.6 to 6.8
protein ---1.5 to 1.8 - 1.5 to 2.8 -- --- 0.9 to 1.7 - - - 3.1 to 3.8
lipid ....... 0.3 to 1.8 - - 0.5 to 2.0 -- - 3.5 to 4.0- - - 3.5 to 3.9
lactose - - 5.8 to 7.4 - - 5.8 to 7.0 --- - 6.3 to 7.0 - - - 4.4 to 4.9
residue - - 0.3 to 0.5 - - 0.3 to 0.5 - -- 0.2 to 0.3 - - - 0.7 to 0.8

Dear RR ji,

If you have Lemongrass..we use it for cooking here...its also called Citronella grass.

Two or three Lemongrass...crush the bulb with a pestle and put it in a pail of water and use it to mop the house.

It smells fragrant and keeps mosquitoes away.

In fact Lemongrass is used as the active ingredient in stick on anti mosquito patches and also mosquito repellent lotions.

lemongrass.jpg

Donkey's Milk:

In Tamil Nadu of South India, Donkey's Milk is given to New Born Human for better and sound voice. Usually it is given only once. Rare occasions it is given twice. The quantity of Milk given varies between 5 to 10 ml, but not more than that.

Asses’ milk or donkey’s milk is has been used since Egyptian antiquity for both alimentary and cosmetic reasons.

Donkey milk, along with mare’s milk, is the closest to breast milk, with notably low lipid ratios and high lactose ratios.
Composition of donkey’s, mare’s, human and cow’s milk (g/100 g)

-- ----- -- -- donkey ---- mare- -- -- - --- human -- --- --- cow
pH ......... 7.0 to 7.2 - - 7.18 - - ---- ---7.0 to 7.5 - - ---- 6.6 to 6.8
protein ---1.5 to 1.8 - 1.5 to 2.8 -- --- 0.9 to 1.7 - - - 3.1 to 3.8
lipid ....... 0.3 to 1.8 - - 0.5 to 2.0 -- - 3.5 to 4.0- - - 3.5 to 3.9
lactose - - 5.8 to 7.4 - - 5.8 to 7.0 --- - 6.3 to 7.0 - - - 4.4 to 4.9
residue - - 0.3 to 0.5 - - 0.3 to 0.5 - -- 0.2 to 0.3 - - - 0.7 to 0.8

Dear PJ sir,

You know previously Pig(Porcine) Insulin and also Pig heart valves were used in humans becos of the DNA compatibility.

Now donkey's milk is similar to human milk.

So I am quite convinced we spend our lives like hogs and making an ass of ourselves!LOL

Dear Renu,

I shall check in the herbal medicine shop, for the availability of lemon grass. Thanks for the info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back