• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raji Madam

One more Idea
How to make Tomato to ripe.

Apple to make tomatoes ripe.jpg

Donkey's Milk:

In Tamil Nadu of South India, Donkey's Milk is given to New Born Human for better and sound voice. Usually it is given only once. Rare occasions it is given twice. The quantity of Milk given varies between 5 to 10 ml, but not more than that.

Asses’ milk or donkey’s milk is has been used since Egyptian antiquity for both alimentary and cosmetic reasons.

Donkey milk, along with mare’s milk, is the closest to breast milk, with notably low lipid ratios and high lactose ratios.
Composition of donkey’s, mare’s, human and cow’s milk (g/100 g)

-- ----- -- -- donkey ---- mare- -- -- - --- human -- --- --- cow
pH ......... 7.0 to 7.2 - - 7.18 - - ---- ---7.0 to 7.5 - - ---- 6.6 to 6.8
protein ---1.5 to 1.8 - 1.5 to 2.8 -- --- 0.9 to 1.7 - - - 3.1 to 3.8
lipid ....... 0.3 to 1.8 - - 0.5 to 2.0 -- - 3.5 to 4.0- - - 3.5 to 3.9
lactose - - 5.8 to 7.4 - - 5.8 to 7.0 --- - 6.3 to 7.0 - - - 4.4 to 4.9
residue - - 0.3 to 0.5 - - 0.3 to 0.5 - -- 0.2 to 0.3 - - - 0.7 to 0.8

Parents hoping their children to be expert singers may carefully note!!

But does the Brahmin code of conduct allow this?

Parents hoping their children to be expert singers may carefully note!!

But does the Brahmin code of conduct allow this?
Dear Sangom Sir,

Brahmins give only 'gOrOjanai' to babies for a loud and clear voice. :)

I have not seen any brahmin giving donkey's milk to the newborn!

Dear P J Sir,

I was about to post an idea to keep the tip of the 'Adhi anthamillAtha' sellotape...

(for 'cellotape' Google shows a red underline as a wrong spelling!)

We need NOT look for a toothpick! Please see the next post! :ranger:

2566d1361033994-ideas-ideas-tooth-pick-onscotch-tapenmark-end.jpg

Just twist the end twice before storing the sellotape! :cool:

IMG_4239.JPG

Raji Madam
By twisting the end portion, it might help you to open next time, but we are also losing some portion of it as we can not use the twisted tape portion
any further.
Keeping a Tooth pick ensures no loss!!

Pressure cooking is very fast and hence saves the consumption of L P G. When green vegetables are cooked in pressure

cooker, they tend to turn brown and sticky, if left in the cooker for sometime, because of steam. To retain the fresh green

colour, fry the green veg. for a minute in a table spoon of oil seasoned with mustard seed and whatever you like (!), pour

about a ladle of water and then close the lid with weight valve. As soon as steam builds, put off the stove and release the

steam immediately. Fresh green cooked veg will be ready!

Here is a sample:

IMG_4236.JPG

Pressure cooking is very fast and hence saves the consumption of L P G. When green vegetables are cooked in pressure

cooker, they tend to turn brown and sticky, if left in the cooker for sometime, because of steam. To retain the fresh green

colour, fry the green veg. for a minute in a table spoon of oil seasoned with mustard seed and whatever you like (!), pour

about a ladle of water and then close the lid with weight valve. As soon as steam builds, put off the stove and release the

steam immediately. Fresh green cooked veg will be ready!

Here is a sample:

IMG_4236.JPG

dear raji,

first time i am seeing vendakkai/peas pressure cooked. why?

these are naturally so quick in cooking - i imagine you are talking of vendakkai poriyal (or upperi as we say :))

unless, there is something else involved, which needs the vendakka to be pressure cooked.

..... Can i share your ideas please with my Contacts in FB/ Yahoo Etc?
Dear P J Sir,

I am writing in a public forum and so you can give the link of this thread to your friends!

That should be well and good. There is no need to copy paste everything in other sites! :)

P.S: May be someone will give five stars to this thread! :lol:

IMG_4238.JPG

All my friends can easily find out what this one is! Yes...... An L P G cylinder. Most of them look shabby and so I cover them

with this cloth which is a piece of the old cover of my sofa set. I got it form the guy who did upholstery for my sofa set!

Dear P J Sir,

I am writing in a public forum and so you can give the link of this thread to your friends!

That should be well and good. There is no need to copy paste everything in other sites! :)

P.S: May be someone will give five stars to this thread! :lol:

How do you give five stars?

Dear Renu,
May P J Sir is on a trip to Chicago! He wrote in one of the threads, sometime back. :ranger:

IMG_4221.JPG

You may not be able to guess what this is! In a few shops in Kerala, the provision shop packs stuff in news paper and ties

with this thread. My mom who makes use of even tiny things made a huge bundle of this thread by attaching one by one

for a few months and gave it to me. I have been using this to make garlands for nearly one year. This much is left out. :)

Dear Renu,
May P J Sir is on a trip to Chicago! He wrote in one of the threads, sometime back. :ranger:

renukaji/Rajiram madam

Thank you for remembering me.

We had a very bad time at Chicago Airport waiting for the connecting flight Kansas City
As the weather was very bad, chilly and windy, even with thermal insulation, we were shivering and no place to hide!
The flight were getting delayed /cancelled.
Finally when we arrived at destination place, our son's whole family was waiting at the airport , it was past mid night!!
Kids were all over us, and hugging , hugging hugging... no end!!
they wanted us never to leave them again and we made a promise!
Very difficult to explain this affection from grandchildren;
When we left UK, our daughter's children wanted us to return within a week!!
We got severe cold, cough, fever, could not eat anything at Chicago Airport.
Our Daughter in Law also got us some blankets to cover us during the journey home.
It was snowing..near our home 2 feet snow.., only the driveway was clear..
After reaching home we just not felt like taking anything. we had a hot coffee and a biscuits only.
Sleep was not coming.
Early morning around 4 am one of our grand children aged 7 came to sleep by us in spite of telling he might catch cold, running nose from us..
After a few minutes another grand son aged 9 came slowly and they were with us .
As it was Saturday, no office, our son and daughter in law were sleeping.

We got up without disturbing the kids around 7 am (local time in US ) and started to unpack..
If i go on on... you will get bored!!

How quickly kids grow up!!

They have gained height, weight.

More later on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back