• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to counter brahmin bashing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guru don't get yourself upset with what your college friend's opinion. In your reply to her you have mentioned that women were asked to stay indoors during mensuration period in view of their health conditions. It is true. Chances of women getting tired frequently, irrespective of their good health condition, will be more during that period. Forget about your friend, who seems to be overwhelmed by wrong thoughts, try to educate your sisters, if you have any, on these issues and help them understand our practices.
vvs

Brahmins do not need quota and should not ask for quota. But they should get their fair share in every sphere of life, based purely on their merits.

When I talk of reservation, I used to quote one example that is similar to the exam situation quoted by Sundara Rajan.

When Olympics take place, marathon was organised. People like EVR and Karunanidhi are the members of the organising committee. They say, an FC athlete is required to run the whole distance, a BC has to run for 80% of the distance, MBC for 60%,
SC for 50% and ST for 40%. Then, basing on who reaches the destination first, medals will be awarded.

Another example. A person accused of murder/s is found guilty and awarded death sentence by the court. Then he pleads for some remission. When the judge asks him on what grounds the guilty seeks remission in the sentence, he says, "I belong to
............ community. So, I am entitled to some concession as compared to others".

Though this is a very crude analogy, it is just to illustrate to what stupid length, our present day systems can go.

Folks,

Despite our previous posts, where we explained that a Forum member does not necessarily see all the exchanges between a person who is banned and the Moderators, some folks are still intent on passing comments on the quality of the Moderation.

Statements are made, which are not correct and if we remove them, then we will be accused of non-transparency and bias.

So, let me explain:

1. Moderators do have our opinions and we express them as Forum members. But we police each other to make sure that there is no bias based on our own inclinations/philosophy. So, some statements above that somehow the moderator's actions are coloured by our personal philosophies is quite wrong. People who make such statements are not doing anything towards making this Forum a uniting place of our community.

2. It is alleged that 'some moderators' when they get cornered, bring up their authority as moderators to the discussion. I challenge anyone to prove this. Sri Kunjuppu Ji, specifically excused himself from moderating this thread.

3. I also agree with many of the points that Sri Jamadagneya Ji stated here - but alas, he did not give me an opportunity to rebut him in a few specific areas, where he made statements that I do not think are true. I am not going to elaborate on them, because he is not here anymore.

4. It is suggested that we do not allow discussions about our religion/culture from the orthodoxy perspective. If we shut down opinions from our progressive members, then we need to shut down the opinions from our more orthodox members as well. The community comprises of all shades of opinions and sampradhayams. Unity is acheived only when we allow for all opinions within the framework of our Moderation policy and work towards our sole objective of uplifting our community.

5. After being banned for valid cause, Sri Jamadagni not only tried to infiltrate this Forum several times, but also have threatened to harm this Forum. He has implied that he is a 'big guy'. So, does this give him the authority to crash our site and try to take it over? Again, I have to say that the members do not see a lot of posts because they are removed.

What I would request the members is to at least trust the judgement of the moderators. If you do not, please approach the owner privately. Nothing good will come out of questioning the modus operandi of the moderators. It can only weaken our Forum and our objectives.

There were exactly 3 personalities who were banned from this Forum for the last couple of years, not counting the spam advertisers. We are very, very careful as to banning someone; because in the end the Forum is the one which is affected from diminished membership.

Please understand that the norm in Forums is to moderate without any explanation/reason.

I am also closing this thread. If someone is interested in continuing, please open a different topic.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back