• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to control and streamline the minds of young tamil brahmins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guru is needed to attain Moksha.Guru acts as a mirror of one's self, else to see one-self is impossible.That without Guru anything can be manifest is a myth and maya. Even those who seem to be spiritual prodegies from birth have poorvajanma vasanas and gurus guiding them secretively.

Guru-sathyam--Jagath-Mithyam!

sb!
that line is my guru's quote. at that time he was a temple priest, now he is a teacher of aagama patasala in thiruparangunram teaching 150 students.

amazing person, we are close friends, we used to call each others as "anna" - he used to say like professor, one should teach to make the disciple understand and move off. He is very wary about the emotional bondage.

regards

This whole thread I believe was started with one single issue - that it was immensely difficult for (young) people to get their minds streamlined all by themselves and so we sought out to share opinions as to how this can be done in an efficient way.

Now, with all the individual ideas received in the past few days, it looks like many (NOT all) want to form the opinion that a preceptor may not be that important. Then can we not invalidate this social issue/thread itself. If not it is a complete U-turn.

If everything is logic, then everything needs to be matter. In Hinduism we concur that there is something that is beyond matter. The rational mind (eastern and the western ones), accept that there is something called metaphysical. The Guru helps us in both - in a synchronous way.

Many of you might be aware of Object oriented techniques used in various industries. Like, we can drive a car, even if we had no idea of what made it work. Just because we had no idea what is behind the interfaces (encapsulation) given to us for driving, we cannot negate the fact, that there is something that makes the car work other than our driving. The engine does exist and it does require the initial spark of fire to start the process.

Similarly, there is something in our body, other than matter (beyond logic or the realm of mind), which makes it work - life. The process of driving is easy, the process of living is also easy. But, if we need to make the car all on our own from scratch, we start with the invention of wheel. It has taken thousands of years before the engine was invented. We just have hundred in this life. If it takes thousands for just the invention of an engine through evolution, just imagine finding out about "life" all by ourselves. That might take many life cycles.

Let's not forget, people shared ideas and opinions about the wheel, and other parts of automobile across generations before the final one made an automobile out of it. So, why do we have to delay our own process of understanding "life" by saying we would find it out all by our selves. Even, books do not help people become experts (even) in material professions. Well - doctors, lawyers, engineers don't try to become experts in their profession all by themselves for the same reason. We accept mentors (and/or universities) in material education, but should we say "no" when it comes to life education.

Shri Sridhar,

I believe that these sort of discussions were abundant in the olden times also... let us not frame our religion by saying that it has been perceived in a particular way... we are all guilty of our own perceptions...

In olden days probably, then used to discuss in Sanskrit, now we do in English, Thanglish, Hinglish... etc...

This whole thread I believe was started with one single issue - that it was immensely difficult for (young) people to get their minds streamlined all by themselves and so we sought out to share opinions as to how this can be done in an efficient way.

Now, with all the individual ideas received in the past few days, it looks like many (NOT all) want to form the opinion that a preceptor may not be that important. Then can we not invalidate this social issue/thread itself. If not it is a complete U-turn.

If everything is logic, then everything needs to be matter. In Hinduism we concur that there is something that is beyond matter. The rational mind (eastern and the western ones), accept that there is something called metaphysical. The Guru helps us in both - in a synchronous way.

Many of you might be aware of Object oriented techniques used in various industries. Like, we can drive a car, even if we had no idea of what made it work. Just because we had no idea what is behind the interfaces (encapsulation) given to us for driving, we cannot negate the fact, that there is something that makes the car work other than our driving. The engine does exist and it does require the initial spark of fire to start the process.

Similarly, there is something in our body, other than matter (beyond logic or the realm of mind), which makes it work - life. The process of driving is easy, the process of living is also easy. But, if we need to make the car all on our own from scratch, we start with the invention of wheel. It has taken thousands of years before the engine was invented. We just have hundred in this life. If it takes thousands for just the invention of an engine through evolution, just imagine finding out about "life" all by ourselves. That might take many life cycles.

Let's not forget, people shared ideas and opinions about the wheel, and other parts of automobile across generations before the final one made an automobile out of it. So, why do we have to delay our own process of understanding "life" by saying we would find it out all by our selves. Even, books do not help people become experts (even) in material professions. Well - doctors, lawyers, engineers don't try to become experts in their profession all by themselves for the same reason. We accept mentors (and/or universities) in material education, but should we say "no" when it comes to life education.
hi,
namaskarams ...Like Arjun a young warrior got sarathi like Krishna.
all other pandavas does get a chance to hear Sri Bhagavad gita.
Like sri paramanhansa got discilple like Narendra...later called
swami vivekananda..

regards
tbs

Shri Sridhar,

I believe that these sort of discussions were abundant in the olden times also... let us not frame our religion by saying that it has been perceived in a particular way... we are all guilty of our own perceptions...

In olden days probably, then used to discuss in Sanskrit, now we do in English, Thanglish, Hinglish... etc...

Dear Seshadri,

Where did religion come into this discussion and how does your above comment relate to what I have written before? And why the mention of language of discussion now?

Last edited:
I guess your mention of religion was because, I had said something like "If everything is logic, then everything needs to be matter. In Hinduism we concur that there is something that is beyond matter. The rational mind (eastern and the western ones), accept that there is something called metaphysical. The Guru helps us in both - in a synchronous way."

This was only to reply to MM that logic is not everything and also there is a mention that eastern and western ones alike so nothing relation to (our religion) Hinduism alone.

It was in response to this... my first sentence...

The part about religion is directed at this... I just meant that differing views in itself is an interesting phenomenon which proves the diversity of views on religion and god... It could be logic, something beyond matter... and any more too.. I wanted to highlight that it is not limited to any one's perceptions...

The linguistic part was just a failed attempt at sarcastic humour... :nono: no offence meant.

Last edited:
logic is not everything - yes sir.

but only using logic a human mind can understand.

Bhagavt Padal in his works highlight the importance of Shruti and human intelligence in understanding. That' s how knowledge is gained and one become a Gnani Sir.

Dear MM,

It is with earnest feeling of sharing what little i know that i have been writing, please take no offense if any thoughts shared by me are in contrast to yours.

You are 100% correct when you say, "only using logic human mind can understand". Which is synchronous with what i had quoted in my earlier posting. "there is something in our body, other than matter (beyond logic or the realm of mind), which makes it work - life."

There was a great sage in ancient times, who gained knowledge in abundance, but after much effort, a great preceptor guided him saying, "you have gained knowledge to the extent of a handful of sand - it is a lot for sure. however, there is a whole earth full of sand or knowledge to be gained". Thus, the person was guided into the path of self-realization which gives the whole earth full of sand or knowledge.

The difference is knowledge/understanding (which is of the mind) and realization (which is of the soul). Ramakrishna said it is better to know the owner of a beautiful garden first than going around the garden. The owner will help you go around the garden faster and better. He referred to the owner (god or self) and the garden (world or knowledge).

The greatness of a Guru is in helping us into how we can know our self. All that i can do here is talk about the Guru's greatness in streamlining the young mind to reach beyond the mind - the self. There are so many of those great souls around.

M M

Did Bhagavat Padal see Shriman Narayanan? or suggest some link so that i can read about him,thnx.

sb

vasu sir,

suddenly i'm pressed for time. just a quick note

realization,knowing,understanding are all synonoms

soul needs instrument of eye and an external light to see - similarly soul needs instrument of buddhi aided by logic to realize. soul cannot realize by itself without these factors.

bhagwan saying is in harmony with my understanding..

thanks

Failure does not exist anywhere. Everything is beautiful. Always see beauty everywhere. Everywhere is beauty, everywhere is perfection, and everywhere grandeur; everywhere the face of God is shining. Sarvatah pani-padam tat sarvato’ksi-siro-mukham sarvatah shrutimal loke sarvam avrtya tishthati. What does the Bhagavadgita say? Sarvatah pani-padam tat. Where is God? How far? Brahmaloka, beyond? No. Sarvatah pani-padam. Everywhere the feet and the arms of God are spread out. Wherever you touch, you will find the finger of God, or the arm of God, or the feet of God. Sarvato’ksi-siro-mukham—everywhere eyes. You are seeing brick walls. No; they are the eyes of God, and heads of God—sahasra shirsa purushah says the Purusha Sukta. Thousands and thousands of heads. Your heads are part of the Universal, of that Purusha. Your head is not somewhere else. These little things like trees and mountains and rivers and what you are—everything—are only heads of that Being. Only you are imagining that they are outside and you are here. This outside-ness is a curse and must be removed from consciousness.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_136a.html

sb

Failure does not exist anywhere. Everything is beautiful. Always see beauty everywhere. Everywhere is beauty, everywhere is perfection, and everywhere grandeur; everywhere the face of God is shining. Sarvatah pani-padam tat sarvato’ksi-siro-mukham sarvatah shrutimal loke sarvam avrtya tishthati. What does the Bhagavadgita say? Sarvatah pani-padam tat. Where is God? How far? Brahmaloka, beyond? No. Sarvatah pani-padam. Everywhere the feet and the arms of God are spread out. Wherever you touch, you will find the finger of God, or the arm of God, or the feet of God. Sarvato’ksi-siro-mukham—everywhere eyes. You are seeing brick walls. No; they are the eyes of God, and heads of God—sahasra shirsa purushah says the Purusha Sukta. Thousands and thousands of heads. Your heads are part of the Universal, of that Purusha. Your head is not somewhere else. These little things like trees and mountains and rivers and what you are—everything—are only heads of that Being. Only you are imagining that they are outside and you are here. This outside-ness is a curse and must be removed from consciousness.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/disc/disc_136a.html

sb

Well said... all paths seem to lead to the supreme consciousness...

sesh!

purusha sooktham says one thing , you interpret another thing.

how to remove the curse?

not many ways - only one way - that is " teaching immersed in parampara" make no mistake about it.

Regards

Dear MM,

this is my third attempt to write a reply...i guess trying to explain the un-explainable remains to be so un-explainable....

internet problems...website problems seem to indicating this...

How to Control young minds?

1. In the first place, every one hates to be 'controlled' or 'regulated'
by others. The present day youth are no exception.

2. They want clarifications and counselling and some convincing too.
This calls for enormous amount of wisdom, patience and
perseverance, on the part of the elders around.

3. Once the young minds gain conviction and faith, they are ready to
lay a path of their own. Generally, it will be a good one, acceptable
to others.

4. We may have to use 'Archimedes principle', here. Instead of trying to
drive out all that is unwanted from the young minds, let us put some
interesting, meaningful and purposeful things in their minds. Thus,
good ideas/notions and values will replace all that was unwanted.
It is easier said than done. Again, it is to happen or made to happen
silently without any moral campaign or open publicity.

5. In this process, no imposition is to take place. Morever, we shall not
try to inculcate those values or practices, in which we ourselves do
not show full interest or belief. Otherwise, the whole process that
lacks credibility will be counter-productive. The youngsters will be
tempted to experiment with what is forbidden or what is suggested to
be out of bounds for them.

6. We ourselves may have to learn a thing or two from the youngsters
and this fact must not be lost sight of.

7. Finally, we must acknowledge the universal truth that good and bad
and virtues and evils have always been present in this earth, since
beginning.
icon14.gif

Parents,society,individual ,guru ,friends and above all grace of god will automatically control & streamline the minds of young tamil brahmins.

vasu sir!

you did replied something, but i deleted my inbox - so I 've no reference now.

But I got the gist of it.

you said something like life beyond body... etc...
you gave an analogy of computers....

still the connection is missing.

when a person dies - it is something similar like falling in to sleep. there is no way to get enlightened in sleep state. so even the life or jeeva exists after death, it is covered by tamas or sleep.

enlightenment is possible only in waken state. not in a dream or deep sleep state. because buddhi is not available at that state.

computer is sleep mode cannot function so too in powerless state. but the potential to perform exists .

Regards

Sri Malgova Mango, this true A Santsatguru will not take any form Guru Kanikai form disciple. He should live with is own earnings and teach disciple free what he learned and what he understnd. A perfect Master will allways teach only how to getrid from this Maya World,and he is the only soul can lift the other soul to the ultimate supreme lord, were we come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back