• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to arrest the slide in TB numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB means something else in our dear forum, J J Ji! :)

BTW, a title flashed in my mind, like movies of olden days!

கன்னத்தில் முத்தமிட்டுக் கணவனைக் கைப்பற்றிய காரிகை

'kannaththil muththamittuk kaNavanaik kaippatriya kArikai! ;)

KMKKK it may mean something else also

Kanathil muthamittal Kalveri kolluthadi - could be a title option!

Last edited:
I have decided to leave this thread. As there appears to be many TBs here who are bent on giving up their sAtvik Brahmin values, I di not want to offend them by persisting with my posts. It appears the forum and silent majority here have views which are in agreement with the vociferous few here. I give up being a minority. There is no scope for a debate. Already someone has passed a judgment that we are all jokers. Thanks.

Sorry to see you go.
We have difference of opinion, but we have our own strong POV. Nobody has to leave as long as we respect each other.
On the other hand people come and go in this stage we call world. Sometimes it is freewill and other times it is destiny.

Sorry to see you go.
We have difference of opinion, but we have our own strong POV. Nobody has to leave as long as we respect each other.
On the other hand people come and go in this stage we call world. Sometimes it is freewill and other times it is destiny.

I m leaving only this thread. We will still have opportunities to argue in other threads.

I have decided to leave this thread. As there appears to be many TBs here who are bent on giving up their sAtvik Brahmin values, I di not want to offend them by persisting with my posts. It appears the forum and silent majority here have views which are in agreement with the vociferous few here. I give up being a minority. There is no scope for a debate. Already someone has passed a judgment that we are all jokers. Thanks.

hi

its true....world is theater....we are all actors....sometimes we are all jokers here....i agreed...

What will happen to tamil brahmins if vaagmiji leaves?

It will be boring! Cos who are we going to argue with?LOL

Vaagmi ji is a Deva...some of us are Asuras!(me included)...so Devas and Asuras need each other!LOL

Last edited:
I agree renukaji

We asuras need to have our ears pulled by a holy Deva.

What type of Asura are you yaar?

No one touches an Asura.

We Asuras terrorize others!

Devas cant touch an Asura..its only the Supreme that can handle us...and we reach Sayujyam by confrontation!

Devas have no chance for Sayujyam! They can only be Sattva!LOL

Last edited:
Praveen,

I was the one who bemoaned the loss of TB & started the thread...But the way the thread is going, I am aghast at the "free for all" & blasphemical approach to the issues facing the community..The suggestions of Vaagmiji are in right earnest...Instead of lending our ears we are ridiculing it ..I guess it will do no good to our community

My suggestion is to close this thread

What will happen to tamil brahmins if vaagmiji leaves?

Nothing. They can go have a peg of stiff vodka then sit before the computer and make a post on how premarital affairs do a lot of good to TB youngsters and so is the need of the hour. LOL.

It will be boring! Cos who are we going to argue with?LOL

Vaagmi ji is a Deva...some of us are Asuras!(me included)...so Devas and Asuras need each other!LOL

You are neither deva nor an asura.

vaagmiji and a few others are devas.

krishji and a few others are asuras.

Now we need some one to maintain peace and distribute you know what.

And there you have our Renukaji.

LOL.

Praveen,

I was the one who bemoaned the loss of TB & started the thread...But the way the thread is going, I am aghast at the "free for all" & blasphemical approach to the issues facing the community..The suggestions of Vaagmiji are in right earnest...Instead of lending our ears we are ridiculing it ..I guess it will do no good to our community

My suggestion is to close this thread

I too suggest the same.

I would like to share few words on this topic before this thread is closed ( in case there is any intention to close threads ) and will do so by today . So I suggest the thread not be closed for the time being .

Many like to hear what suits personally suits them.

Having lofty ideals of stopping the slide in brahmin community is excellent.

But most like others to say what suits their own beliefs.

Ir we are a democratic forum , we should allow all to express themselves.

Out of some outlandish thoughts a gem of a good idea might emerge.

Instead of concentrating on ritualistic aspects of religion , I suggested bring an economic content to help the not so well off like sastrigal, teachers and make data bases

of these types.

One cannot stop the slide without economic recovery of the weak. Only a prosperous society can think of cultural uplift.

No sense in closing ones ears to the unpalatable posts which many times reflect the realities on the ground.

Stopping a thread does not change mindsets or grass root realities.

Krishnaji,

Please go ahead!

Thanks Vgane

By today I will definitely share my inputs and first mentally articulating to myself how best to present the same .But today itself I will start sharing some of my inputs . This is based on my own personal experience as well as observing the experience of others .

Very true and I agree provided the thread is not hijacked by other activities like it happened here to such an extent we forgot what was the original intention of this thread . Sri Vaagmi's post can be refuted point by point and I am OK with that ( so wil Sri Vaagmi accept the same ) but hijacking it with other issues to such an extent the other issue dominates and we loose track of the original intent is not good .I myself lost interest in this topic when I found this thread getting hijacked .

So anyway let us continue and have constructive criticisms and sharing .

Threads sometimes meander and the topic gets into sidelanes.

But I have seen normally they get back on track fast .

It is because very few contribute to ideas and most are passive watchers .

I do not see more than a dozen who are active and all know each other.

So it is only minor ribbing and no hard feelings.

All mean well and want the brahmin community to do well.

It is time for implementation of suggestion received.

Let us compile data on sastrigals to start with for data base.

Many like to hear what suits personally suits them.

Having lofty ideals of stopping the slide in brahmin community is excellent.

But most like others to say what suits their own beliefs.

Out of some outlandish thoughts a gem of a good idea might emerge.

Instead of concentrating on ritualistic aspects of religion , I suggested bring an economic content to help the not so well off like sastrigal, teachers and make data bases

of these types.

One cannot stop the slide without economic recovery of the weak. Only a prosperous society can think of cultural uplift.

No sense in closing ones ears to the unpalatable posts which many times reflect the realities on the ground.

Stopping a thread does not change mindsets or grass root realities.

I said more on this topic will follow if I do not rush to Madras on an important personal matter - - What is that? It is economy- and upward mobility of women! My D in law is economically sound and independent Last Sunday she got best women employee award of the organization in Bombay! She leaves home at 7.30AM drops the children at school and normally back home around 8 PM and spend time with children helping them in their home work. Driving for about 4 hrs daily she is totally exhausted She works in bank and 6 day a week (till recently) and cannot work from home. Has 3 servants a cook & a caretaker staying at home and another visitig women helper and the fourth - her hubby if there is a need - . The 2 at home are not well and likley to leave soon and she phones if no alternative arrangement is possible she has to quit her job! They have another 2 BK flat purchased in the adjusant tower and the Grahapavesam is on 24 April - . this is meant for us to move into if and when we wind up Madurai establisment. I don't want her carrier to come to an end and be poorer by 16L PA - if I could help her out by mooving to Madras if no suitable alternate arrangement is possible - though. moving out of Madurai will be painful to me. Economics takes priority over emotion! Hope for a suitable arrangement! This for all of us ponder and not to be shouting about non issues

JJ ji
Best wishes for your gruha pravesam

You describe the world of educated working women of the community aptly.

Most require an army of servants [many turn out to be unreliable], besides extended family to give a helping hand.

Many in a different world of their own cannot realise the hardships and woes of a working woman and are totally insensitive.

Most here turn preachy and talk of preserving culture and talk of convention and sampradayam .

This they do after retirement and suddenly develop a love for these in their last years of life.

It is worthwhile to ask if whats is sliding worth arresting? Does it meet the needs of modern living?

Why should not this forum help in training domestic workers to do the jobs of cooks, domestic helpers, child care workers, attendants for seniors requiring help home.?

This is pragmatic way of helping the brahmin community working women.

I know what you are talking about.

I have had a working wife for a lifetime and I know what is nurturing and making lives better for womenfolk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back