• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to arrest the slide in TB numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
They claim they are down to earth and do not want Sanskrit cos Sanskrit is High fi!LOL

There are 2 catgeories of people : One who consider reading more and more sanskrit texts will make them more cultured andwill get Moksha and the other extreme i.e by not reading anything ( not even Gita etc ) and by just repeating RAM NAM they will get Moksha . They are heavily anti sanskrit and believe that by reading Sanskirt their EGOs will get inflated and will not be able to develop Bhakti .Either extreme is dangerous .

Dear Renuka,

There is no programming of people. Let us take AI. It is humans who seek to develop intelligence. But once that intelligence is created, the created intelligence takes care of everything without any support.

I am not trying to compare humans to machines but just trying to point out that people may need help to become independent thinkers and solve problems on their own.

There are 2 catgeories of people : One who consider reading more and more sanskrit texts will make them more cultured andwill get Moksha and the other extreme i.e by not reading anything ( not even Gita etc ) and by just repeating RAM NAM they will get Moksha . They are heavily anti sanskrit and believe that by reading Sanskirt their EGOs will get inflated and will not be able to develop Bhakti .Either extreme is dangerous .

Agreed...but initiative is lacking among Hindus to understand their religious text.

They just come up with tons of excuses.

Muslims take Arabic classes in order to understand the Quran better even though its a total alien language to them.

They are never anti arabic.

I am not trying to compare humans to machines but just trying to point out that people may need help to become independent thinkers and solve problems on their own.

Dear Sravna,

I sometimes cant even solve my own problems!LOL

Do you feel that you can solve all problems you face?

Independent thinking happens when no one interferes with our mind.

So let people solve their own problems unless they consent for help.

Agreed...but initiative is lacking among Hindus to understand their religious text.

Unfortunately most of the religious teachers , Preiests themselves starnegly advise their followers not to read . Might be they are afraid that if the people read then they will find no necessity for them to attend these religious lectures .The only people advising people to learn Sanskrit and read the texts in Original are the Vedanta Teachers but there every student complains of difficulty in learning Sanskrit or having no time for learning Sanskirt .

Dear Sravna,

I sometimes cant even solve my own problems!LOL

Do you feel that you can solve all problems you face?

Independent thinking happens when no one interferes with our mind.

So let people solve their own problems unless they consent for help.

Dear Renuka,

Let us face it. Problems are real and people do need help. If we are in a position to offer help it is right to do so. Once we initiate people in to proper thinking mode they would not be asking for help.

Abrahamic religions have only a one specific book either in its original written language or in translation.

In the case of Hinduism, there is no such thing. All local languages have important texts for Hinduism. How many Iyers, whose identification mark on the forehead coincides with Shaivism, know about some of the fine religious texts in Tamil like Thevaram, Thiruvasagam, Thiruvembavai, Peria Puranam etc. Even some mutt leaders with powerful PR may have no knowledge about them. Generally all go with the group.

If we are not serious about the works in our Mother Tongue, how come the same people study a different language, master it and use it for learning.

Dear Renuka,

Let us face it. Problems are real and people do need help. If we are in a position to offer help it is right to do so. Once we initiate people in to proper thinking mode they would not be asking for help.

Dear Sravna,

The greatest test in life lies not in helping others but in helping ourselves.

Just be honest...do you really apply all the principles that you preach on yourself?

I am sure you can't.

I once was having a conversation with a psychiatrist friend who told me that she advises people to be spiritual and talk to God often cos God does not judge us.

I told her thats not what I will ever tell to a patient who has a psy problem..cos as it is some of them hear voices in their head and by telling them to talk to God they would create a new Voice in their heads and a new personality might even emerge.

So the best is to tell them to be real..live facing reality..no imaginary friend called God.

. Once we initiate people in to proper thinking mode they would not be asking for help.

Dear Sravna,

Frankly speaking I do not even know what is considered a proper thinking mode.

Actually some might even consider the usage of spiritual powers to control temperature as improper thinking mode.

Proper and Improper there is no fixed law and rules.

Dear Renuka,

I agree. I never said I do not need anyone's help. But that does not mean I cannot help others when they need help. Each has his own strengths, expertise and experiences so that he can offer them to others in need. Frankly I do not try to practice what I preach but I preach what I practice.

Dear Sravna,

Frankly speaking I do not even know what is considered a proper thinking mode.

Actually some might even consider the usage of spiritual powers to control temperature as improper thinking mode.

Proper and Improper there is no fixed law and rules.

Dear Renuka,

My idea of right thinking is something that always is able to think of the whole

Dear Renuka,

My idea of right thinking is something that always is able to think of the whole

Dear Sravna,

I dont know if right is always right and whole is always whole.

I rather not judge my own thinking.

I like being wrong too...I am able to accept error too.

If we always think right is right...it can be dangerous cos we would slide down the cascade of denial.

Then there is no way out.

Part of being Holistic is being able to accept error and being wrong.

Dear Sravna,

I dont know if right is always right and whole is always whole.

I rather not judge my own thinking.

I like being wrong too...I am able to accept error too.

If we always think right is right...it can be dangerous cos we would slide down the cascade of denial.

Then there is no way out.

Part of being Holistic is being able to accept error and being wrong.

Renuka,

It is all about being true to yourself. It is actually simple. It gets complicated because we leave ourselves open to exploitation by being so and so many feel like hiding the true self many times. But to some not being true to self comes naturally.

So knowing what is right is inherently not rocket science and even in this world of duplicity it can be figured out with some training.

Last edited:
Instead of talking of preserving culture, we can talk of what steps to take to help the poor among the sect.By the way helping any poor is equally good.

Data base can provide info. on first on religion practitioners like vadhyars, brahmin cooks, temple priests, subject, music and dance teachers. It should give their availabilty ,

contact numbers in full , location they can service etc and cost details for service etc.There is a great supply and demand mismatch.Even yesterday someone in our site was

looking for sastrigals for death ceremonies on terms he could afford. Due to supply constraints and more lack of knowledge ,many poor among these classes do not get

work. Many middle class and other well off keep lamenting that they do not get appropriate persons who can render timely service at reasonable costs. This is a serious

issue faced by all. Sites like this can easily fill the information gap with a data base of these sections of brahmin society.It will be godsend for many young professional

couples and senior citizens.Even working bachelors living in flats look for cooks and house maids who can provide them a meal or would be prepared to outsource meals if

someone can prepare and deliver. Brahmi women are prepared to cook in their own homes but they face delivery issues .So bachelors have to run to hotels for food at

dinner time and weekends.The weaker sections of brahmins can easily do better with a bit of help from this forum . Why should not we provide them a platform to offer

their services?

Brahmi women are prepared to cook in their own homes but they face delivery issues .So bachelors have to run to hotels for food at

dinner time and weekends.The weaker sections of brahmins can easily do better with a bit of help from this forum . Why should not we provide them a platform to offer

their services?

Such things already exists in some areas and I am sure in my area at Chennai.

We in an Association (Statewide) publish a book every year containing most of the data and information pertaining to our culture, traditions

As for matrimony services, we have information Centres to cater to the need.

And most used to share such information and are making best use of it at Chennai.

May be at Delhi someone can pay attention to starting one such ... better.. act fast.

Krish sir,

Very good valid idea. I fully support it. Only that personal details should not be exposed openly in the forum that they are exploited by vested interests. Kind of group or special topic created and email ids given to some admin type and they divert the queries to respective people so that privacy is maintained. Or each member can take responsibility for their region and connect the members to the respective services. Like, I can vouch for a smartha vadhyar who has studied in Iyengar padasalai in mannargudi and can perform both smartha & vaishnava functions (all functions) in a reasonable mutually acceptable cost in mumbai region.

Dear JJ Ji,

Nice to read your LOVVU story...keep it coming on.

You are the best!

I was practical may be cunning ! My father was impressed by details about him as per the matrimonial insert in The Hindu - responded got his jathagam - impressed with 9 porutham just short of 10 and asked if he can go forward I told him to put it in cold storage till I complte my studies . I wanted to have a feel about him before I decide and hence the inland letter asking him to meet me! I had it my way! I had an anxious moment as well They had about 150 responses - not possible now - narrowed down to 5 mine inculdeld but in cold store in our side! Another girls parents were pursuing hard to clinch the alliance early - the girl had even met his mother - impressed his mother was planning ponnu parka- he wrote ! I was upset and did not respond to this inland! With out informing he was at the gate - then I knew he will propose . yet - made him belive I was upset and that worked wonders! And I planted a kiss on his cheeks - Now after Renukas suggestions - kissing is meditation leading to bliss - thinking back I am convinced!

I was practical may be cunning ! My father was impressed by details about him as per the matrimonial insert in The Hindu - responded got his jathagam - impressed with 9 porutham just short of 10 and asked if he can go forward I told him to put it in cold storage till I complte my studies . I wanted to have a feel about him before I decide and hence the inland letter asking him to meet me! I had it my way! I had an anxious moment as well They had about 150 responses - not possible now - narrowed down to 5 mine inculdeld but in cold store in our side! Another girls parents were pursuing hard to clinch the alliance early - the girl had even met his mother - impressed his mother was planning ponnu parka- he wrote ! I was upset and did not respond to this inland! With out informing he was at the gate - then I knew he will propose . yet - made him belive I was upset and that worked wonders! And I planted a kiss on his cheeks - Now after Renukas suggestions - kissing is meditation leading to bliss - thinking back I am convinced!

Wow! So cute...so romantic!

Can't wait to hear more.

Sealed With a Kiss!

Wow! So cute...so romantic!

Can't wait to hear more.

Sealed With a Kiss!

So cute - The suite was my selection material purchased in Parasurams and stiched by Syed Bhakar - photo taken a week after my wedding!

Vishak Photos 214.jpg

Krish sir,

Very good valid idea. I fully support it. Only that personal details should not be exposed openly in the forum that they are exploited by vested interests. Kind of group or special topic created and email ids given to some admin type and they divert the queries to respective people so that privacy is maintained. Or each member can take responsibility for their region and connect the members to the respective services. Like, I can vouch for a smartha vadhyar who has studied in Iyengar padasalai in mannargudi and can perform both smartha & vaishnava functions (all functions) in a reasonable mutually acceptable cost in mumbai region.

Asadu sir,

The issue for vadhyars is one of mobility and their willingness to travel to another location atleast within the state for an assignment besides team building . For functions

like marriage or death more than one is required. Many do not have either the money or capacity to get together a few for a function, They lack enterprise.

Many times I wonder what is their vedic knowledge worth if they cannot make a decent living using it.

hi

somebody's kiss story....so can't wait....

My 'Dates' dated late 60 ! Gates are to be closed with this last episode ! 3 months after my wedding Kalyani - the girl who lost the race married an engineer - at Durgapur steel plant. She sent an invitation to my M in L and I attended the wedding on her behalf - became friends and are in touch even today - How all these datings changed & are different among gen-next-will follow - dating dated 2000 and beyond!

So cute - The suite was my selection material purchased in Parasurams and stiched by Syed Bhakar - photo taken a week after my wedding!

View attachment 5559

JJ ji,

Your husband is very good looking ..both brains and looks...no wonder you kissed him right away!

I am pretty sure you too must have been a good looking chic in your young days..even now you look very cute in your pics.

JJ ji,

Your husband is very good looking ..both brains and looks...no wonder you kissed him right away!

I am pretty sure you too must have been a good looking chic in your young days..even now you look very cute in your pics.

Looking chic? No idea - Well I was always confidant and smart! This was taken on punnyajanam 10 days after the birth of my elder son in 1972 Oct.

Screenshot_2016-03-30-12-14-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back