• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to arrest the slide in TB numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Communities when they get together become lynch mobs to destroy not build any thing.

Such statement projects the limited exposure of the member and his superficial knowledge touching the topic.

Any collective is like communist country agriculture commune.

Only individual approach gives dividends.

Communities when they get together become lynch mobs to destroy not build any thing.

One or two can do their bit.

others can clap and encourage.

Frankly that is what we have been trained to think. Everyone can and has the potential to contribute. Once the negativity goes out of the mind we can see what others are capable of.

In the past few years I have been a member here has any activity taken off?

Even a venue for get together has no consensus.

Sorry for sounding pessimistic.

People who have spoken for change like Shri Krish, Smt. Renuka, Shri. Auh and others can also immensely contribute because change is also essential for evolution and once the constructive suggestions of both sides are heared an integrated plan for the benefit of the nation and humanity in general can be worked out.

Dear Sravna, I believe that change is in the making even in this discussion. All changes do not happen like a tidal wave. They start in ripples and slowly gather momentum as they progress.

I have only sought to address the futility of latching on to a raft in an ocean thinking that it would help us stay in one position. You can say that it is an anchor that docks a ship but even that is nothing compared to the force of the ocean.

The current of time would carry us regardless of our roots, regardless of our beliefs. All we ought to do is, like a fish, adapt to the current and enjoy the journey.

Dear Sravna, I believe that change is in the making even in this discussion. All changes do not happen like a tidal wave. They start in ripples and slowly gather momentum as they progress.

I have only sought to address the futility of latching on to a raft in an ocean thinking that it would help us stay in one position. You can say that it is an anchor that docks a ship but even that is nothing compared to the force of the ocean.

The current of time would carry us regardless of our roots,of our beliefs. All we ought to do is, like a fish, adapt to the current and enjoy the journey.

Thanks Shri Auh for summing up your views. I have learnt a lot from the opposing views as I m sure you would have too. If not anything else let this just be a beginning in understand one another and hopefully trying to cooperate in the future.

Our forum is good for learning slokAs, listening to songs and discourses and reading some good material. :ranger:

Most of the members don't give their correct identity or wish to meet any other member in person.

Some are awaiting a chance to attack a particular person and try to demean him and his family. :sad:

Sometimes I feel that we are ONLY fit for imaginary friendship that needs zero spending. :cool:

I beg to differ.
I had a great meeting in Mrs. Raji's house. She has organized other meetings as well, which I could not participate.
I for one would like to meet you. If you visit USA please come and visit me. I thought about contacting you when I was in Delhi.
In USA we have created a Hindu Temple, It incorporates all branch of Hinduism, and even includes Jains.
It is a combination of North-south, Siva-Vishnu-Devi-Murugan-Jagannath-ganesh. It was a joint effort. When there is a will there is a way. You need few like minded people to come together.

Last edited:
Mostly the trend in U.S.is the factor ruling & all T.Bs follow & shows the path to all the young to
Get MS & secure a job with handsome salary. Next, get married------ mostlly Tamil brahmins& And
Ensure property in India for parents
Get the ps rents visit US & give all comforts , to have intimscy with grand children , & they also vi it once in a few years. Of course none of the parents li.ke to have Green cardS?
Dear Mr. Prasad, I would be in U.S with my wife for Six months from15 May at Cape Canaveral close to NASA email Janaki..srinivasan11@ gmail .com.
My wife is a professional Astrologer, my On in law is n Engineer there for more than 25 years.
A.Srinivasan( rishikesan)

What do we do with these statements ?

Stick it up on walls and look at it.

Alternately burn some camphor with chants of om namo TB. in front of it

Grammar correction..Its Om Namah Tamil Brahmanaya.

Namah become Namo only when the following letter is a soft consonant.

T in the word TB is a hard consonant..so Namah remains Namah and does not become Namo.

Eg: The letter S in Shiva is a hard consonant..hence its Om Namah Shivaya.

The letter N in Narayana is a soft consonant...therefore the Namah becomes Namo and we get Om Namo Narayanaya.

This post is to prevent decline in cultural usage of Sanskrit..we have to maintain CULTURE!LOL

Last edited:
Is it mentioned anywhere that females cannot learn sanskrit?

Culture expects females to only serve the Pati Parameshwar!LOL

This is what one TB priest out here once told me...he said as a female I do not need to learn Sanskrit and read religious text..all I need to do is serve husband and everything else will be taken care of.

What I think is the need of the hour are people who can infuse positivity into those who are facing tough problems. It is not unlike a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist treats the problem once it sets in. But I think the attitude of many by itself waiting to trigger problems in them. So we need to offer right counseling to such people and this should be done by a person who is well versed in spirituality and in science. If there is no such qualified person two persons can do the job in tandem. People can also be trained once we find the experts. This type of counseling should be available throughout Chennai to start with.

The focus should be not on preserving TB culture alone but on people becoming cultured again.

Last edited:
I was learning to drive a car and had learners licence my parents advised to take their car Standard10 But i was keen on vespa which was fun rather than Standard Ten! I imagined Audrys ride on vespa in Roman Holiday

Sattva Love...dated only one person and married the same person.

Rajas Love..dated many people and ended up marrying someone else who was not in the dating list.

Tamas Love...can't remember the names of people dated and had no idea how one got married and not even sure if one loves current spouse.

What I think is the need of the hour are people who can infuse positivity into those who are facing tough problems. It is not unlike a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist treats the problem once it sets in. But I think the attitude of many by itself waiting to trigger problems in them. So we need to offer right counseling to such people and this should be done by a person who is well versed in spirituality and in science. If there is no such qualified person two persons can do the job in tandem. People can also be trained once we find the experts. This type of counseling should be available throughout Chennai to start with.

The focus should be not on preserving TB culture alone but on people becoming cultured again.

Dear Sravna,

I seriously do not believe in programming others to behave and think the way one feels they should think.

Uniform type of thinking is not healthy to society cos there would be no scope for original thoughts and progress.

There is no such thing as prevention of problems...problems happen for a reason.

Even if a person takes care of his/her health very well still there is risk of falling sick at any given time.

We do not know tomorrow..that is the harsh reality.

All this talk on Culture-Agriculture only produces crash test dummies.

BTW what is this culture everyone is talking about?

Some food or dressing style or some accent or some rituals..half of people do not even understand a word of what they recite..yet people think they maintain culture.

I know a Sat-Sang group here consists of North Indians..headed by a North Indian Brahmin..and boy are they so Anti Sanskrit!

They only want all Geeta shlokas to be recited in Hindi..all bhajans to be sung only in Hindi..not even one person wants to take the trouble to find out even the meaning of the Gayatri Mantra. Their leader mispronounces the Gayatri Mantra so badly and all follow him like rodents following the Pied Piper of Hamlin.

They claim they are down to earth and do not want Sanskrit cos Sanskrit is High fi .. .yet they keep bragging about Culture!LOL

So you see...culture is just what people want themselves to be..nothing really all the great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back