• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How can we encourage our kids to go to temple more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear N: Please see my response in bold letters.

Y, when people use "Hindu" sounding names and hide their own true religious allegiances, that is deception. You didn't do it, all I am asking is, you apply the same standard you lived up to, in these cases as well.

I beg you HOW do you know that they are "hiding their own true religious allegiance?"

Please cite the post(s) that triggered a "red light" to you regarding Mr. Iyer. I don't want to bring the other person here (if it is not ShivKC). Dear Shiv: Forgive me if I bring your name unnecessarily in this context.

Is it not paranoia that you all over-react here?

Regarding poaching, I note that you disagree and that is a shame. To me, trying to attract traffic to your blog from a site in which you refuse to participate, even though you are invited to do so, is, to put it extremely mildly, not fair.

I did it as a Compassionate Atheist! When people were hostile to Mr. Iyer, I lent him a helping hand. Lol :)

You have the right to use all the adjectives and adverbs in your posts!

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Take care.

:)

Dear Yamaka,

Where were you? I had not logged in for a long time and always wondered what happened to you.

You have a blog now? Can you direct me to it?

Hare Krishna

Dear Yamaka,

Where were you? I had not logged in for a long time and always wondered what happened to you.

You have a blog now? Can you direct me to it?

Hare Krishna

Hello gh:

Well, I was away for a month because of some "Structural Impediments" here!

I hope you are doing fine.

Please see my post # 620 in this Thread.

Cheers.

Dear Sri Yamaka Ji,

With all due respect, if I may say so, you don't seem to read the postings here carefully at all.

This explains you thinking that I called you impudent!(which I called myself); you thinking that Sri Renuka Ji attacking you (she was giving you an example how we can not even control a simple bodily function, when she was responding to your assertion that you had total control of life) and went after her with personal insults that Sri Praveen edited and moderated.

Srimathi HH Ji was a long term member of this Forum and she was moderated only when she ventured in to the questioning the moderation (go back and read the relevant posts). You don't know half of what transpired.

You signed on accepting the terms of this Forum and if you had taken a minute to have read it, you would have known about the rules about moderation. Obviously you as usual did not read it as well.

Again, as usual you shoot from the hip about Sri Iyer, without having read any of the posts. Because if you did, you would not be so misinformed.

It is a pity.

You also can not advertise your blog here openly. I let it go the first couple of times. But now I am removing all of them. If you post them again, they will be removed.

Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Yamaka Ji,

With all due respect, if I may say so, you don't seem to read the postings here carefully at all.

This explains you thinking that I called you impudent!(which I called myself); you thinking that Sri Renuka Ji attacking you (she was giving you an example how we can not even control a simple bodily function, when she was responding to your assertion that you had total control of life) and went after her with personal insults that Sri Praveen edited and moderated.

Srimathi HH Ji was a long term member of this Forum and she was moderated only when she ventured in to the questioning the moderation (go back and read the relevant posts). You don't know half of what transpired.

You signed on accepting the terms of this Forum and if you had taken a minute to have read it, you would have known about the rules about moderation. Obviously you as usual did not read it as well.

Again, as usual you shoot from the hip about Sri Iyer, without having read any of the posts. Because if you did, you would not be so misinformed.

It is a pity.

You also can not advertise your blog here openly. I let it go the first couple of times. But now I am removing all of them. If you post them again, they will be removed.

Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS:

Stop writing crap here.

Please cite the post where Mr. Iyer was "deceptive about his identity".

I agree, I have not read all the posts in the last 30 days. For a reason.

As others pointed out here before, you have an ideology to propagate in this Forum, which I will stand up and oppose as and when it happens.

Stop abusing your God Given Power as the Moderator here.

Cheers.

ps: Since this does know show your "Moderator Cap", I assume you are writing as a Guest.

Dear Sri Yamaka Ji,

Here you go again.

I did not say Sri Iyer was 'deceptive about his identity'. If I found him to be he would have been thrown out. I only asked him to prove what he said as 'this is part of Hinduism' by posting relevant citations. He could not or he would not do it. I fairly warned the members about this seeming reluctance. Go back and read the posts before saying I write what you say in 4 letter words.

Everyone knows here I am a Hindu and will defend my religion and culture. Seems like you want a non idealogue as a Moderator. May I point out to you there is no such person in the world. You are a prime example. You are a virulent SET-atheist idealogue.

So, don't get upset, when I am pointing out the truth.

If you want to debate, read others carefully and properly reason. In my opinion both have been missing a while now.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Yamaka Ji,

Here you go again.

I did not say Sri Iyer was 'deceptive about his identity'. If I found him to be he would have been thrown out. I only asked him to prove what he said as 'this is part of Hinduism' by posting relevant citations. He could not or he would not do it. I fairly warned the members about this seeming reluctance. Go back and read the posts before saying I write what you say in 4 letter words.

Everyone knows here I am a Hindu and will defend my religion and culture. Seems like you want a non idealogue as a Moderator. May I point out to you there is no such person in the world. You are a prime example. You are a virulent SET-atheist idealogue.

So, don't get upset, when I am pointing out the truth.

If you want to debate, read others carefully and properly reason. In my opinion both have been missing a while now.

Regards,
KRS

Hello KRS:

You know I was writing to Mr. Nara about Mr. Iyer. The issue was whether Mr. Iyer was "deceptive about his identity".

Bhoom..you barged in. Why? If you are not worried about "the deceptive identity" of Mr. Iyer.

Yes, I am a proud virulent SET- a self proclaimed Athiest. An ideologue.

But I am not a Moderator who deceptively shows my chameleon skin as a Guest or Moderator whenever it suits my taste!
Lol.

As a member or guest, I can debate with you till the end of the earth to expose your superstition. Believe me.

But I just can't handle you when you barge in as His Highness Moderator. Lol.

Well Dear Yamaka,

Well you only mentioned my handle a few times and questioned the Moderation! Duh!

You may be a great Scientist, but believe me, your ideology is based on superstition as well. That much was evident when you could not answer my questions previously.

Everybody knows my beliefs. They also know that I am fair. People like you who say such a thing about my Moderator role have not produced a whit of evidence over the years where I was moderating unfairly based on my views.

So, you are the latest of this group. As they say in Missouri - 'show me'.

Please do not just throw around empty words, you are embarrassing yourself. :) :) :) LOL!

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
Dear Praveen:

I have a request to make.

Whenever I engage in debate or argument with Mr. KRS, he cannot function as a Moderator, period.

I just don't trust him to be impartial.

He must take himself out of that assignment for the sake of FAIRNESS and Equity.

I await your view on this.

Regards.

Y

Dear N:

I got your note in the PM. I am already here writing posts and arguing with Mr. KRS/the Moderator.

Do you think the New Moderation Policy would accommodate my request to Mr. Praveen in post 634?

Cheers.

Dear N:

I got your note in the PM. I am already here writing posts and arguing with Mr. KRS/the Moderator.

Do you think the New Moderation Policy would accommodate my request to Mr. Praveen in post 634?

Cheers.

If you are discussing a matter partially or wholly through PMs with any member or with moderator, please refrain from posting partial matters in the open posts. The members who have no issues with moderators/moderation have no interest in such posts.

If you are discussing a matter partially or wholly through PMs with any member or with moderator, please refrain from posting partial matters in the open posts. The members who have no issues with moderators/moderation have no interest in such posts.

Sri.Zebra, Greetings.

There sems to be some misunderstanding here. Few days back, Sri.Nara requested Sri. Yamaka to take part again in the forum by posting his messages through a PM. Sri.Nara mentioned that in post #623. Sri. Yamaka mentioned about that PM in #635. So, the PM mentioned about Sri.Yamaka is not about moderation in the forum.

The next sentence, a question asked by Sri. Yamaka is different. That has nothing to do with the PM sent by Sri. Nara.

I am mentioning here, since #635 may be misleading as proved by Sri.Zebra's reasonable concern.

Cheers!

Sri. Yamaka, Greetings.

Your message in post #630 is not in good taste. You may ask the same question much more politely. The more we educate ourselves, the more politeness is expected of us.

Majority members in this forum are happy to see the moderator taking place in discussions too. Sri.KRS has been fair in his moderation so far. So, personally I don't mind his participation in discussions.

I do not think you are poaching members from here either. I would like to visit your blog entries too.

Kindly present your arguments with Sri.KRS more politely, please. Thank you.

Cheers!

How can we encourage our kids to go to temple more

In our earlier days, we used to see people visiting Temple either in the
morning or in the evening to fullfil their spiritual needs besides secular
learning. Discourses, lectures etc are to be arranged in the Temple Hall
in those days. Even in some villages, people go in the morning to the
Temple Tank and after taking a bath, they visit the temple prior to returning
home. As different area people come over there to the Temple, besides from
the four sides surrounding the Temple, it gives an opportunity to meet every
one and exchange their religious views, like a Community Meeting Point.
The children who accompany the elders watch the parents worship the
Presiding God, Deity and other Idols in the Temple and in turn it gave them
an opportunity to get an awareness of the Temple and also the importance
of the Temple Visit, giving a belief of the presence of God and its power
to bless and shower blessings on those who have a dedicated worship. This
indirectly gave confidence to others giving a trust that God Prayer brings
happiness and wealth.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

When children are free at home, they have to be impressed upon the importance
of the temple visit and also about the Wonders like antique paintings, golden
chariots, different Vahanams of Animals, etc in the Temple premises. For example,
Visit to Navagraham Sannithi has its own importance. One to get or acquire -

Sun (Sooriyan) - good health
Moon (Chandiran) - good name
Mars (Ankaragan) - Wealth
Budha (Budhan) -good Education
Guru -(Viyazhan) Gnanam
Velli _ Beauty and Good Talent
Sani - Long Life and Happiness
Rahu - To quell enemy fear
Kethu - for the development of family

We should slowly educate them and make them understand that

Dedication, Bakthi, Dyanam and Self Control help us to feel the presence of
God early. All bad things happen owing to acquiring wealth due to wrong methods.
The pleasure that we derive through this method is only short lived. People
will not get sleep due to fear from thief, disease, IT Raid, etc.

Similarly we should explain to them the importance of doing Puja to Cow and
Elephant. Like that, why we plant Thulasi in our house. It has a lot of medicinal
value. As compared to other plants, Thulasi gives more oxygen. It has an
effect of clearing the environment pollution. Early morning Thulasi Pradakshinam
gives us more oxygen.

We should also explain to them the object of Surya Namaskaram and the prayer
to the Lord Sun.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Is it not paranoia that you all over-react here?
Dear Y, there is no paranoia, nobody is hounding anybody out. Even now we are discussing this only because you made a comment on real identity.

In the past, we have discussed this matter of hiding behind "Hindu" sounding monicker several times, this is a well known fact for those of us who have been here for a while. I don't have the time or urge to fish out the past posts in order to satisfy you. If you wish please search the archives.

As for the rest of your comments, my offer to dialog with you via PM stands. If you so desire please get in touch with me via PM.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Dear Z:

Please read Mr. Raghy's comment on this regard.

My position is when Mr. KRS argues with ME on any topic as a member he can't be a Moderator on that topic, because I suspect he abuses his role as a Moderator when he is losing the debate or argument.

Perhaps, you and some others may not feel like it. That's not my problem.

Regards.

Y

Sri. Yamaka, Greetings.

Your message in post #630 is not in good taste. You may ask the same question much more politely. The more we educate ourselves, the more politeness is expected of us.

Majority members in this forum are happy to see the moderator taking place in discussions too. Sri.KRS has been fair in his moderation so far. So, personally I don't mind his participation in discussions.

I do not think you are poaching members from here either. I would like to visit your blog entries too.

Kindly present your arguments with Sri.KRS more politely, please. Thank you.

Cheers!

Hello Raghy: Greetings.

Nice hearing from you.

Clearly, from the tone of my post #630 you can suspect some problem between me and Mr. KRS. Yes, we have issues to sort out.

Mr. KRS represents an ideology of the Past: He loves to protect the Gurus and Seers, and all old traditions of the past.

I represent an ideology of the Present & Future standing on the power of logic, rationality, and Science, Engineering & Technology.

When we get into argument we have "heated exchanges" which may look very odd and uncivilized. That's the Nature of the Beast, I suppose..

Since any Debate must be on a level playing field, I urge him (and Mr. Praveen) NOT to wear the Moderator Cap in the "Middle of the Game".

If he agrees to it voluntarily w/o Mr. Praveen or Mr. Nara's prodding, I am ready to enter into the Boxing Ring.

If not, then I will REFUSE to debate on any subject with Mr. KRS (or his Tradition-bound Group).

The matter is as simple as this.

Regards.

Y

Sri Yamaka said:
My position is when Mr. [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]KRS[/FONT][/FONT] argues with ME on any topic as a member he can't be a Moderator on that topic, because I suspect he abuses his role as a Moderator when he is losing the debate or argument.

There is no such thing as 'winning' or 'losing' an argument here. We mostly discuss and rarely DEBATE, even though that word is often misused here, including by me. True debate requires the knowledge of one's position as well as the opposing views in detail.

In my opinion no one here has that much knowledge, we all have our POVs, that's all. Lots of times we all agree to disagree.

Again 'suspect' is not proof. Unless you have proof of me doing what you say I am doing, please stop with this nonsense of besmirching my name in public. If you have proof, show me, otherwise, please keep quiet. LOL! :)

Regards,
KRS

<edited by praveen. If you have an issue with a moderator or moderation, please discuss it with private message. constantly posting it in public is not encouraged and not something that is acceptable too.>

Last edited by a moderator:
To Whoever This May Concern:

Here is the Solution from my side for the "clique" between myself and Mr. KRS -

As I wrote to Mr. Raghy today, I will NOT engage Mr. KRS in any debate or argument on any topic. He may choose to play his role as Moderate as appropriate.

I expect, in return, that he will not barge into any conversation that I may have with other members here.

Peace to ALL.

....I expect, in return, that he will not barge into any conversation that I may have with other members here.

Peace to ALL.
Dear Y, what you want to do is obviously for you to decide, but as a moderator, I hope Shri KRS will not a priori promise he won't, as you say, "barge in". He has a responsibility that is larger than what you wish to do here in this forum.

Y, I am with you on many issues, you know that, but I think you need to put the interest of the forum at least as equal to that of yours. As I observed elsewhere, albeit in reverse, I think this forum is not indispensable to you, similarly, you are not indispensable to the forum.

Lots of peace to you, and if I may say so myself, will you please wait and watch :)!!!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamakaji,

There is no practical solution to this. A moderator (KRS, myself or someone) cannot be removed as a moderator for that period of time where he/she participates.

End of it, a moderator is also a member.
And as a member he is entitled to share his views. Just because he is a moderator does not mean he is exercising his powers to gain an undue advantage.

And whether you trust him or not is your decision. But at the end of it, i would say do not see him as a moderator, see him as another member. The moment you see him as a moderator participating in discussions is when it complicates things.

Beyond this reasoning out, there is nothing that can be done.

Dear Y, what you want to do is obviously for you to decide, but as a moderator, I hope Shri KRS will not a priori promise he won't, as you say, "barge in". He has a responsibility that is larger than what you wish to do here in this forum.

Y, I am with you on many issues, you know that, but I think you need to put the interest of the forum at least as equal to that of yours. As I observed elsewhere, albeit in reverse, I think this forum is not indispensable to you, similarly, you are not indispensable to the forum.

Lots of peace to you, and if I may say so myself, will you please wait and watch :)!!!

Cheers!

Dear N:

"Y, I am with you on many issues, you know that, but I think you need to put the interest of the forum at least as equal to that of yours. As I observed elsewhere, albeit in reverse, I think this forum is not indispensable to you, similarly, you are not indispensable to the forum."

I just don't understand the last sentence and the need for it at all at this context.

I am a Member (here it says a Veteran! Lol :)) and I have written over 1400 posts in about less than a year.

Since this Site/Forum says it is an Open Forum "for any person of any caste, religion or nationality". I become eligible to register and participate.

Mr. KRS using words like Guest and Host and "Guest are here as a privilege and not a Right" are all total nonsense.

Members write posts and posts grow and meander around. The Site gets more Members and it prospers due to high traffic. If Members stop writing because of some Czarist Moderator, this Site will be in graves very soon.

Most owners know this basic fact.

No one is indispensable (including the Moderator and the Owner; we have thousands of blogs to entertain writers and the key is what we write, how we write and consequently how interesting the Site becomes).

I conclude that Forum/Site will become vibrant only when the Member Writers are treated FAIRLY and not by a Czar.

Is this not a fact in this early 21st Century?

Peace, dear N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back