• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How can we encourage our kids to go to temple more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri Iyer Ji,

No one asked for your birth details. Again this is why the word obfuscation was used.

I asked you two very simple questions:
Cite passages in Vedas where your view of God came from; State upfront whether you are a Christian (following the teachings of Jesus Christ).

The answer to first question should be very easy. Cite the passages from the Vedas to affirm your claim. The answer to the second question should be a mere 'yes' or 'no'.

Instead you go on this tirade. Even in this posting, you twist my question about bonafides. No one cares whether you were born in to a Brahmin family or not. No one cares whether you wear poonal, chant Gayatri 1008 times a day or follow strict vegetarianism. No one cares whether you live in a Iyer colony or for that matter what you father does.

You have an obligation to be straight in this Forum for the sake of our members. I do not care who your God is, what your God is, how you live, where you live; but I do care when you view our legitimate questions about the basis of your views as at best hostile and provide no answers. That is all.

Regards,
KRS

Do not expect me to give you on a platter what I discovered taking pains searching the vedas and the upanishads. It costs. It pains. Call it whatever, obfuscating etc. I am not going to give you straight answers. Dont expect me to spoon feed you. I trust this is a forum to set people thinking, probe, research.

Why did you throw misgivings and aspersions as to my background. Do you habitually jump to conclusions? Were you civilized in your queries? You have not answered my questions either.

I hold Jesus in high esteem. Should you jump to conclude I am a convert to christianity?

Jesus said, 'Do not steal, Do not kill, Do not bear false witness'. Do you steal, kill or bear false witness? If you do not, are you a follower of Jesus Christ?

You may respond to me arrogantly saying, 'I am a moderator, I am not obliged to answer you questions'. That is upto you.

Regards,
Iyer

Last edited:
If this is not perfect obfuscation and arrogance, then what is! Okay folks, you are all forewarned. Proceed knowing what this person is saying and where he is coming from.

Regards,
KRS

Do not expect me to give you on a platter what I discovered taking pains searching the vedas and the upanishads. It costs. It pains. I am not going to give you straight answers. Dont expect me to spoon feed you. I trust this is a forum to set people thinking, probe, research.

Why did you throw misgivings and aspersions as to my background. Do you habitually jump to conclusions? Were you civilized in your queries? You have not answered my questions either.

Jesus said, 'Do not steal, Do not kill, Do not bear false witness'. Do you steal, kill or bear false witness? If you do not, are you a follower of Jesus Christ?

You may respond to me arrogantly saying, 'I am a moderator, I am not obliged to answer you questions'. That is upto you.

Regards,
Iyer

If this is not perfect obfuscation and arrogance, then what is! Okay folks, you are all forewarned. Proceed knowing what this person is saying and where he is coming from.

Regards,
KRS

I am saying, 'Aspire to become better human beings, a better person. Take the good from every scripture, book or works. Seek to know who God is rather than which temple to go, which religion to profess etc. Do not force our youngsters to go to temples. Instead advise them to read the scriptures, read good books. Leave it to their choice to do anything good'.

I am coming from Iyer Colony, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, South India.

Regards,
Iyer

Last edited:
Dear Sri Iyer Ji,

You don't need to give me anything on a silver platter, because if you do, there will be nothing but hot air on that platter. There is nowhere in the Vedas to support your monotheistic version of this world.

You obviously do not know much about Hinduism (or Sanatana Dharma) because you question why some Hindus follow Advaitha and others Dwaitha! Have you heard of the principles of Darsana in our tradition?

I don't want to waste your time and more importantly mine arguing about stuff that is self evident to all. You have the right to say things here within our rules, but don' expect anymore response from me, as I think you are intellectually dishonest for the above reasons I have cited. Bye.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
Dear Sri Iyer Ji,

You don't need to give me anything on a silver platter, because if you do, there will be nothing but hot air on that platter. There is nowhere in the Vedas to support your monotheistic version of this world.

You obviously do not know much about Hinduism (or Sanatana Dharma) because you question why some Hindus follow Advaitha and others Dwaitha! Have you heard of the principles of Darsana in our tradition?

I don't want to waste your time and more importantly mine arguing about stuff that is self evident to all. You have the right to say things here within our rules, but don' expect anymore response from me, as I think you are intellectually dishonest for the above reasons I have cited. Bye.

Regards,
KRS

Mr. KRS,

I thought you were courageous enough to accept my challenge and industrious enough to research. Sadly you were neither.

Had I quoted the portions from Vedas and Upanishads, they are certain to be misinterpreted and to corroborate my interpretations, I may have to refer to many other portions from Vedas and Upanishads that would hurt the sentiments of brahmins and set off another series of arguments and debates which would not augur well for this forum. In my experience with brahmins, they are sentimentally weak.

May be i do not know much about hinduism. Neither does anyone in this forum. Some only pretend to know everything about hinduism. Anyway it is not more important to know hinduism (or for that matter any 'ism' or 'ity') than to know God. There is more than Darsana in the scrptures.

you are intellectually dishonest

Hasty (mis)conclusion.

Regards,
Iyer

Mr. KRS,

I thought you were courageous enough to accept my challenge and industrious enough to research. Sadly you were neither.

Had I quoted the portions from Vedas and Upanishads, they are certain to be misinterpreted and to corroborate my interpretations, I may have to refer to many other portions from Vedas and Upanishads that would hurt the sentiments of brahmins and set off another series of arguments and debates which would not augur well for this forum.r

sh.iyer, i think, you should quote/refer vedas to defend your point. now that sh.krs has asked about it, and not worried about hurting sentiments you should attempt this.

to me, at the outset, you seems to be having very less idea about hindu scriptures and hence avoiding to go in to details.

pls try it, other wise, it gives an impression that you are playing prank here.

now that you agreed that you keep high esteem jesus,but dont follow any religion, you can have that stand too. the forum accepted people of atheism to hit on brahminism/hinduism. i think, you would also be accomodated here.

but a small request. dont use the 'words of attack' on the community. that hurts. words like 'so called brahminism' looks simple but hurts. try to be gentle here, and focus on proving your point, come what god you follow. after all, hinduism accomodates all religion, and for sure , you are one among here, even if you follow christ, but not a christian.

Mr. KRS,
Had I quoted the portions from Vedas and Upanishads, they are certain to be misinterpreted and to corroborate my interpretations, I may have to refer to many other portions from Vedas and Upanishads that would hurt the sentiments of brahmins and set off another series of arguments and debates which would not augur well for this forum. In my experience with brahmins, they are sentimentally weak.

You sound like one other person in this forum who makes similar statements after condeming others' misintepretations.
These are easy and handy tools you get here.
As your own friends says in post #606
to me, at the outset, you seems to be having very less idea about hindu scriptures and hence avoiding to go in to details.

pls try it, other wise, it gives an impression that you are playing prank here.
Please do something. Otherwise, you might loose a broad-hearted friend who is so vocally supporting your presence here.

Last edited:
Shooting wild. Who is criticizing whose faith? Appreciate what. For a start you can appreciate who go to temples!

There seems to be something terribly inaccurate and inappropriate with you in general and with your perception in particular. Perhaps you are one who criticizes other so-called-faiths. Hence you view any advise as criticism. Change your perception. Learn to appreciate. You will be on the path to become a better person.Regards,Iyer

irrelevant questions as far as temple visits are concerned.

These are not mandatory, but preferable to know in a broad perspective.

For them with a perverse mind set everything is a fad; dresses, behaviour, music - anything can be called a fad.

There is no bar that partying and temple visit are mutually exclusive. What a stale observation?

How many of the youngsters you are talking about diligently read the so-called hindu scriptures? How many of them have learnt sanskrit? How many of them can quote from the Vedas, Rig, Yajur, Sama; how many of them have read the Upanishads or quote from the Upanishads? How many of them can give a discourse on Bagwad Gita? If not a discourse, how many of them can quote at least one verse from the Gita? And most important, how many of them practise righteousness? How do they conduct themselves in public. Do they make an impact on others? Is their conduct and character such that others think "I wish I were born a brahmin?".

Visiting temples has become a fad and a fashion now. The agenda is entirely different. It is not to worship God.

I have many young colleagues who spend their weekends partying in high spirits. They also visit temples.

Regards,
Iyer

I am getting more and more convinced that Shri iyer is a brahmin according to his birth (in Saibaba Colony, Coimbatore, Stanes family, etc.), but has changed over to Christianity. Now he wants to come in here and tell us and convince us that by becoming a christian and believing absolutely in Jesus, we all will become better humans and all of us will be "saved" as the christians often say to beguile the gullible masses.

But Shri iyer appears to be shy to boldly admit who or what he is, and is also not capable of entering into arguments to prove how hinduism is worse than christianity, or how christianity is better in comparison to hinduism because he just does not have a real assessment of the level of knowledge of hinduism of the members here.

So, let us leave him in peace (shall we say RIP?) and pass on. That is my sincere view please.

This is the standard opening statement of all those who have a different agenda. And they want to convince tambrahms that only by giving up what they are doing now they will become better human beings. This happened more than once in this forum.

No harm in trying the old trick again. But it will not succeed.

I am saying, 'Aspire to become better human beings, a better person. Take the good from every scripture, book or works. Seek to know who God is rather than which temple to go, which religion to profess etc. Do not force our youngsters to go to temples. Instead advise them to read the scriptures, read good books. Leave it to their choice to do anything good'.

I am coming from Iyer Colony, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, South India.

Regards,
Iyer

I am getting more and more convinced that Shri iyer is a brahmin according to his birth (in Saibaba Colony, Coimbatore, Stanes family, etc.), but has changed over to Christianity. Now he wants to come in here and tell us and convince us that by becoming a christian and believing absolutely in Jesus, we all will become better humans and all of us will be "saved" as the christians often say to beguile the gullible masses.

But Shri iyer appears to be shy to boldly admit who or what he is, and is also not capable of entering into arguments to prove how hinduism is worse than christianity, or how christianity is better in comparison to hinduism because he just does not have a real assessment of the level of knowledge of hinduism of the members here.

So, let us leave him in peace (shall we say RIP?) and pass on. That is my sincere view please.

Dear Mr. Sarma,

Do you know what is Hinduism? Do you know what is Christianity? Since you dragged me into a controversy, I can ask you one hundred thousand questions, tear you apart and expose your ignorance in this forum. But I shall refrain from doing so.

I am convinced that you are a person who has succumbed and subscribed to what is imposed on you, that your thinking is programmed and you are not your own.

There is a wide gulf, light years apart, between applying the advises of Jesus in your life and following christianity. The difference is not subtle. Jesus never founded any religion or anything that can be termed as an 'ity'. The europeans founded a religion dragging the name of Jesus, which over centuries got divided into denominations and at one point of time, the English, as is their habit to name anything and everything, coined the term 'Christianity'. Jesus is absolutely not involved in the activities of any the denominationalists. You most probably met with the Pentecostal denominationalists and jumped to your conclusion about me. That again is because you subscribed to whatever the imperialists imposed on you about Jesus. You never had the independent thinking to probe into the Truth and discern for yourself. No one is forbidden from reading scriptures of whatever origin, draw the good principles and apply it in their lives. No one is mandated to convert to any religion so as to read scriptures. By applying the principles of scriptures you dont become a convert. That is a narrow minded perception. There are christians and muslims who have read Vedas, Upanishads, Gita, who have applied some of the principles in their life. That does not mean they have converted to Hinduism.

Do you know what is Hinduism? Who coined the term Hinduism? Can you produce evidence from any of the Vedas, Upanishads etc where it is written that this assortment of faiths shall be called Hinduism?

Are you a Hindu? Are you a Brahmin? How do you say you are a Hindu? How do you claim you are a Brahmin? By what virtue are you a Hindu or a Brahmin? Are you as Hindu and as Brahmin as a Hindu Brahmin who lived one thousand years ago? I am certain you are not? Then why do you call yourself a Hindu or a Brahmin? Were you convinced that Hinduism is real and then chose to follow Hinduism? Or was it imposed on you by your parents (and your mind programmed) to follow Hinduism and you were forced to pretend that you are convinced.

Where in this forum did I mention, Hinduism is inferior? Is Hinduism real to you because it is truly real or because YOU were born in that religion? Had you been born a christian or muslim, would you have still confessed Hinduism is a great religion? I am sure, if you were born in a christian family you would have claimed Christianity is the greatest. If you were born in a muslim family, you would have claimed Islam is the greatest. So, for you greatness of a religion is dependent on whether YOU were born in that religoin. Do you belong to Hinduism or Hinduism belongs to you? If Hinduism was not imposed on you, may I know why you chose to follow Hinduism and why you chose to be a brahmin? What is your conviction?

My intention is not to offend you or set a tirade against you as I was misunderstood earlier. Please give an introspection, answer to your own conscience.

Regards,
Iyer.

Last edited:
This is the standard opening statement of all those who have a different agenda. And they want to convince tambrahms that only by giving up what they are doing now they will become better human beings. This happened more than once in this forum.

No harm in trying the old trick again. But it will not succeed.

How much of a Brahmin are you? Are you practising what brahmins practised one thousand years ago. If not why have you given up practising what your ancestors practised and why do you call yourself a brahmin? When you have tremendously changed over the centuries and yet call yourself a brahmin, why dont you change over to a better human being?

Regards,
Iyer

One last query to all members in this thread and I shall no longer waste my time and energy in this thread.

If you are not inclined to make your body (Dheham) a Temple (Dhevalayam) then Why not make your own homes and houses a Temple, meditate and find the peace and tranquility in your own homes, instead of visiting some structure far away from your own home?

When you cannot find peace and tranquility within yourself, you will never find peace and tranquility without, not even in the most sought after temple.

Regards,
Iyer

Going temple..

This is a wonderful topic that can be discussed with an open mind. I have made this a sticky topic, so it will stay above all.
i will reserve my full views on this till the last, but nevertheless here i one that i could not resist

Our ancestors and elders keep saying God is omnipotent and god is everywhere, within you and me. So it negates the idea of going to a particular place to worship him/her.
Dear friends,

Unless we instill the habit & comes early in life, it is hard to make them practice, or go on their volition.. The early childhood is so important that like a game play we can just teach them everything in a playful way.. Bcos, that gives the the greatest memory, which remains throughout their life..

It is no use in bvlaming the children, . we only ahve to take them out .. But in many houses, even elders, are hooked to TV so much, that even talking between family members has become a rare commodity nowadays, No interaction within family members.. so it is up to us to switch off tv while eating, & taking children for a walk, telling stories, slohas.. in terrace ( bcos if U r at home they will be diverted), etc...

For ac tivity sake we can even include the neighbouring children too, so that everyone comes, it will bemore easy to amek them attend & learn in a simple competititve manner..

Yours,

mrs.melu

This is a cliche all missionaries and hindu/brahmin haters do all the time. You are only repeating what others have done. What makes you think or conclude that you are a better human being; perhaps you are under the illusion that by taking jnanasnanam one is freed from all sins and becomes a better human being. In your town your must have seen padres pushing the heads of unsuspecting poor under water in the river and then telling them that they are liberated and send them home with a small sanmanam.

Since your current outpourings do not conform to your past link with iyer colony, perhaps your current alignment or your response to the earlier questions raised will help.

How much of a Brahmin are you? Are you practising what brahmins practised one thousand years ago. If not why have you given up practising what your ancestors practised and why do you call yourself a brahmin? When you have tremendously changed over the centuries and yet call yourself a brahmin, why dont you change over to a better human being?

Regards,
Iyer

Of late, people in general are on the mission of Eternal Divine Path to get to
know the amazing Truth and existence of God, which energizes them to
visit the Temples as often as possible. Further, these days, majority of the
religions, if you move across different religious people, on this holy earth,
are not contradicting themselves on the existence of God and the path to the
Salvation. People generally visit the Temples, of late, with some aims like
transformation of our life from constant domestic worries, elimination of certain
problems, fulfillment of certain desires, to attain peace, etc in the family. All
these prove that people have indirectly accepted that there is a Supreme Power
on this Earth which would give them solace.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

All through the ages, King considered himself as a dasan of the almighty to protect the people, flora and fauna. The Ministers had no responsibility and that is why the present ministers are not responsible.
King built temples, abode for the god and also for cultivating fine arts of music and dance but with the entry of the commercial minded westerners, the whole thing degenerated. With our free india it has degenerated to rock bottom. The king appointed oduvars for singing. Nadavanams were formed as part of the temple to get fresh flowers for the god. A community was formed to do harvesting flowers and making garland. The king never wanted the devotees to pay a fee for entry into temple. But the government is now embarked on increasing its revenue by selling tickets (black tickets also like cinema tickets) from entry to archana and abishekams. In fact, there is only an idol at the sanctum sanctotum with no soul of god in the idol. When the providence has filled the space with its manifestation, we need not think that the god is simply caged inside the sanctum sanctotum. If you go inside, a HRCE official will be seen taking money and sending a briber to go ahead of you even if you are a ticket holder. Then there is a host of crowd to fleece the devotee to donate for annadanams which they do for themselves and not for public. Worship the GOD within the four walls of your abode. Detestable are the present conditions of temples which have become only commercial centres to fatten HRCE. All Brahmins, please worship at your home doing the three sandhya vandanams every day and also the amavasya tharpanams. Let us inculcate the sense of bhakthi in our children, good habits, making them conscious of the fact that a struggled young life in making oneself by education and knowledge only will result in a decent life when employable.

One last query to all members in this thread and I shall no longer waste my time and energy in this thread.

If you are not inclined to make your body (Dheham) a Temple (Dhevalayam) then Why not make your own homes and houses a Temple, meditate and find the peace and tranquility in your own homes, instead of visiting some structure far away from your own home?

When you cannot find peace and tranquility within yourself, you will never find peace and tranquility without, not even in the most sought after temple.

Regards,
Iyer

Dear Mr. Iyer:

I am astounded to see that very many Believers here in this Forum are hostile to you; they even ask for your "real identity"! Why? It's very bewildering...

You are clearly following your God and Religion to give you peace and tranquility. You are succeeding in your effort, I think.

In case you want to debate with me, an Athiest, please visit

<edtd - KRS>

You are all welcome there.

Regards

Y

Last edited by a moderator:
....I am astounded to see that very many Believers here in this Forum are hostile to you; they even ask for your "real identity"! Why? It's very bewildering...
Dear Y, the problem here is not a desire to force the member to reveal the identity, but to expose what seems to be an attempt to use misleading identity. This person uses the monicker "Iyer" but clearly espouses Christian sentiments. There is at least one other person who uses a very Hindu sounding name but is a proselytizing Christian. He tries to sow discord where there may be simply disagreements. The objection is only to this deviousness.

Take for instance your own case, you have never been shy to admit your true leanings without revealing your real identity -- it got revealed because you chose to give certain personal details, nobody forced you to.

As far as I have seen nobody in this forum forces anybody to reveal their true identity unless there is attempt to purposely mislead with ulterior motives.

In case you want to debate with me, an Athiest, please visit ............
Y, I think this is not fair. If you wish to debate these theists do so here, why invite them to your blog, this can be seen as poaching, no? Stay here Y and talk to us. You have had a run in with Shri KRS, so have we all, we are not nursing anger towards him, let alone the site. If you still not want to talk to us folks here in this forum, then I think it is only fair that you do not advertise your blog site here.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Dear Y, the problem here is not a desire to force the member to reveal the identity, but to expose what seems to be an attempt to use misleading identity. This person uses the monicker "Iyer" but clearly espouses Christian sentiments. There is at least one other person who uses a very Hindu sounding name but is a proselytizing Christian. He tries to sow discord where there may be simply disagreements. The objection is only to this deviousness.

Take for instance your own case, you have never been shy to admit your true leanings without revealing your real identity -- it got revealed because you chose to give certain personal details, nobody forced you to.

As far as I have seen nobody in this forum forces anybody to reveal their true identity unless there is attempt to purposely mislead with ulterior motives.

Y, I think this is not fair. If you wish to debate these theists do so here, why invite them to your blog, this can be seen as poaching, no? Stay here Y and talk to us. You have had a run in with Shri KRS, so have we all, we are not nursing anger towards him, let alone the site. If you still not want to talk to us folks here in this forum, then I think it is only fair that you do not advertise your blog site here.

Cheers!

Every opinion based on scientific criticism I welcome. As to prejudices .. to which I have never made concessions ... “Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti.” -- Karl Marx

Dear N:

Delighted to hear from you. And I like what you have at the very bottom from Marx.

1. My natural instinct is to robustly participate in the Forum.

Not reading all the posts in the past 30 days or so,

I see dear KRS once voluntarily resigned, then called back by popular votes about which dear Raju stoutly opposed. I understand his POV, and I agree.

My only objection is -

a. How could a person who actively engages in debates/arguments be allowed to be a Moderator? The same question Sangom Sir is asking, I believe.

To recall, dear KRS was involved fully on the "clique/row/tiff" involving myself, HH, Renuka and Raju Jan 3-5, 2012:

Dear KRS "egged on" Renuka to go "harsh" on me; she responded with "bodily fluid" which was encouraged by Raju. Then HH asked me to "stand up" to these people's harsh words.

Immediately, dear KRS jumped on HH and started wearing his Moderator cap. When I intervened, he warned me "You will be considered as violating the rules of Moderation", and started preaching "To come here as guests is a privilege, and not a right!".

The tone was very harsh and Czaristic. You know very well, for Yamaka and many others who live in the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" such tone is an anathema, and we just walk taking our pen away! Lol.

It appears that HH was finally made the scapegoat for something started by dear KRS. This is totally unfair. Please remember that HH likes to keep dear KRS as the Moderator, although I am not comfortable with that idea.

But, the tone and the vision of dear Praveen has been very calm and reasonable, "This site is for the members, who make this site useful and vibrant". Here I understand that dear Praveen and dear KRS are on different pages, perhaps due to "generation gap". Lol

b. There should be an Appeal Process - the writers should be able to contest the decision of the Moderator 1 to another independent-minded Moderator 2. If still the grievance persists, the matter can be referred to the Owner, who should be bold and impartial to give the Final verdict on the matter.

I prefer the whole process is done "Under the Sun Light", done openly so that the readers would know the true Rationale of the Moderators and the Owner. Doing it in PM may look simpler, but anything behind the doors will elicit doubts and other problems, IMO.

Till this matter is resolved, I hesitate to write long posts here (except this!!! Lol).

2. Sorry to tell you this:

Neither Mr. Iyer and nor the other person (if it is ShivKC, Lol :)) appear to me as Christians loitering here to "proselytize" anybody.

Even they are, so what? Everyone has the right to recruit/ to convince /to cajole/ to covert anybody else to their religion, to their group or POV openly anytime.

Where is the coercion here?

Some may say "Y is a troll, loitering here to take away our kids from Theism to Atheism". I will ask them "Even it is true, so what?"

Yes, I want to use the power of Science, Engineering and Technology to convert everyone to be Rationalists. What's wrong in it?

Most of us write under an assumed name. Is it not allowed or encouraged in the blogosphere?

Please remember, I am standing up for Mr. Iyer who says he is a strict Brahmin - which I totally accept, and I don't want to suspect him

Who am I to suspect anyone in an Open Forum?

3. I am sorry to know that you feel I am "poaching". Am I "trespassing" or "stealing" here? I don't.

I am simply informing Mr. Iyer that if he feels like debating me, an Athiest, a place is waiting for him.

Just an information passed on in this "Information Age".. That's all.

Most probably, Mr. Iyer may not visit my blog...

Wait and watch. :)

Regards

Y

Last edited:
Dear Y, much of what you write about moderation have been discussed threadbare. When the matter was resolved I sent you a PM asking you to come back and you ignored it, which is fine as an indication of disinterest. Now, restarting the same topic, I see no compelling reason for it at this point in time. Yet, if you must we can talk about it via PM, when it comes to dialog I am always in favor of more of it.

Neither Mr. Iyer and nor the other person (if it is ShivKC, Lol :)) appear to me as Christians loitering here to "proselytize" anybody.
Y, did you even read what I wrote? You have created a straw man and triumphantly burnt it down. I really don't care who is who, or what religion they subscrib to, to me all religions are delusions to one degree or another. It is not the religious persuasion I was talking about, it is the deception I am against. I welcome anyone who says he/she is a Christian, or Muslim, or heck even a Scientologist for that matter, and wishes to convert me. I would say, alright, go right ahead and try.

Just an information passed on in this "Information Age".. That's all.
Y, this is disingenuous, you have a problem with the forum, you make no attempt to resolve it, yet you make posts here like -- psst, psst, come to my blog and talk to me, I won't talk to you here, but if you come to my blog I will -- that to me is at the very least, cheesy.

Cheers!

Dear N:

Please read my response given in bold letters. :)

Dear Y, much of what you write about moderation have been discussed threadbare. When the matter was resolved I sent you a PM asking you to come back and you ignored it, which is fine as an indication of disinterest. Now, restarting the same topic, I see no compelling reason for it at this point in time. Yet, if you must we can talk about it via PM, when it comes to dialog I am always in favor of more of it.

Sorry, I did not read any of the PM in the last 30 days.. I will read soon.

Y, did you even read what I wrote? You have created a straw man and triumphantly burnt it down. I really don't care who is who, or what religion they subscrib to, to me all religions are delusions to one degree or another. It is not the religious persuasion I was talking about, it is the deception I am against. I welcome anyone who says he/she is a Christian, or Muslim, or heck even a Scientologist for that matter, and wishes to convert me. I would say, alright, go right ahead and try.

N, please show me "the deception" that Mr. Iyer or the other person (if it is ShivKC) showed. None of the posts that I read showed it.

I am afraid you act with some sort of "intuition" or "guess work". That's why I asked, "Even they are, so what?". We respond to the matter discussed in any post. We don't try to identify who the writer is. This is what dear Raghy said in another context.

Y, this is disingenuous, you have a problem with the forum, you make no attempt to resolve it, yet you make posts here like -- psst, psst, come to my blog and talk to me, I won't talk to you here, but if you come to my blog I will -- that to me is at the very least, cheesy.

I disagree.

Cheers!

...Please read my response given in bold letters.

Y, when people use "Hindu" sounding names and hide their own true religious allegiances, that is deception. You didn't do it, all I am asking is, you apply the same standard you lived up to, in these cases as well.

Regarding poaching, I note that you disagree and that is a shame. To me, trying to attract traffic to your blog from a site in which you refuse to participate, even though you are invited to do so, is, to put it extremely mildly, not fair.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back