• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindus worship monkeys and elephants. Can you tell me why

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know this saying!
"ஏவா மக்கள் மூவா மருந்து!"

When my very imaginative nephew remarked immediately,
"The parents of such children WILL remain younger for longer, but the children themselves WILL grow old prematurely!"

So my comment was
"
ஏவிய மக்கள் முதிர்வர் விரைந்து!"

I am reminded of our family astrologer who said that it is not enough just to compare the the 'poruthams', but do dasa-bhukti for both for a period of say 35 years to ensure that the the couple do not have a bad period at the same time. If the hubby is going through a bad patch, but the wife is having a good period, they will face and weather the misfortune comfortably. He will recommend the match only when the the trough period of both do not match over an extended period.
The Law of Conservation of Luck states that

"The sum total of the luck of the husband and his wife

always remains a constant." :high5:

So luckier the husband becomes ...

unluckier his wife HAS to become!

You can't cheat Universal laws. :nono:

Also the more you have ... the more you want. :popcorn:

The more you serve... the more service is expected of you.

The more you sacrifice... the more sacrifices are expected of you.

There is no limit either for the services or the sacrifices, I am sure.

Thank you for "driving home my point with a hammer" :)

I am reminded of our family astrologer who said that it is not enough just to compare the the 'poruthams', but do dasa-bhukti for both for a period of say 35 years to ensure that the the couple do not have a bad period at the same time. If the hubby is going through a bad patch, but the wife is having a good period, they will face and weather the misfortune comfortably. He will recommend the match only when the the trough period of both do not match over an extended period.

Shri Sarang: # 52 : In astrological parlance it is called Dasa Sandhi. Man always pretends that..... he has a choice in life always and remains a fool after making his choice!

What choice does he have :decision:
between the devil and the deep sea??? :fear:
or the fire and the frying pan??? :scared:

Shri Sarang: # 52 : In astrological parlance it is called Dasa Sandhi. Man always pretends that..... he has a choice in life always and remains a fool after making his choice!

Choice is change and any change is welcome to break monotony. I think it is Gorky who said "when life is monotonous even death or fire is a welcome event".

What choice does he have :decision:
between the devil and the deep sea??? :fear:
or the fire and the frying pan??? :scared:

Swim the ocean of existence leaving the devil behind,
Let not the sharks of temptation bite, making you rewind,
In the pan above the fire roast the seeds of desire,
The choice is finally ours..so get out from this mire.

Last edited:
If he were such a great bhakta, Narayana :angel:

would not have given him such a bad choice! :nono:

The river split for Vasudev when he was carrying baby Krishna across and Vasudev did have a hard time in prison still..so I guess the choice is not in our hands.

Lord may give such a bad or a worse choice

just to test the intensity of our bhakti.!

You are right Renu!

The river split for Vasudev when he was carrying baby Krishna across and Vasudev did have a hard time in prison still..so I guess the choice is not in our hands.

I am reminded of our family astrologer who said that it is not enough just to compare the the 'poruthams', but do dasa-bhukti for both for a period of say 35 years to ensure that the the couple do not have a bad period at the same time. ........
I have seen good wife getting married to bad husband and has life long suffering! :ballchain:

How is this possible? NO 'poruththam's in their horoscopes??

I have seen good wife getting married to bad husband and has life long suffering! :ballchain:

Dear RR ji,

You know I had done a small test before where I took two horoscopes of a husband and wife well known to me.
There are in their 70's and had a love marriage that too a stable loving one and I checked their Poruthams just for fun.

And guess what!!! there was no match at all!!
The porutham was very bad and the irony is they are still very happily married.

So its good to do some retrospective study too on horoscopes.

Dear Renu,

In Kerala, many astrologers say that, the first thirteen stars, counting from the star of the girl, will NOT be matching stars

for the girl. Added to these will be a few more in that list. In Tamil Nadu, stars 1, 3, 5 and 7 from the girl's star are considered as

NON matching stars, in addition to a few more! But my eldest uncle and aunt had 65 years of happy married life (uncle passed

away at the age of 91 and aunt is alive) and my uncle's star was 5th from aunt's star! Any astrologer would have refused to

match their horoscopes, just by looking at the stars... I still wonder why people believe so much in horoscopes!

Dear Renu,

In Kerala, many astrologers say that, the first thirteen stars, counting from the star of the girl, will NOT be matching stars

for the girl. Added to these will be a few more in that list. In Tamil Nadu, stars 1, 3, 5 and 7 from the girl's star are considered as

NON matching stars, in addition to a few more! But my eldest uncle and aunt had 65 years of happy married life (uncle passed

away at the age of 91 and aunt is alive) and my uncle's star was 5th from aunt's star! Any astrologer would have refused to

match their horoscopes, just by looking at the stars... I still wonder why people believe so much in horoscopes!

Yes I agree with you..but you know I even known couples of arranged marriage with matching horoscopes and marriage didnt even last 6 months and got divorced.

Now the same person who is looking for a second alliance still wants to check horoscopes to see for Porthum.

Once bitten but still not horoscope shy.

Porutham is just a mark sheet for getting admission into wedded life.

A good astrologer will use the multiple tools available to him for a more balanced match. Hoe many love at first sight pairings have survived life long living together.

Any astrologer would have refused to

match their horoscopes, just by looking at the stars...
Isnt that an ultra wide generalisation, speculating that every astrologer starts with the star?

I still wonder why people believe so much in horoscopes!

Arent there others things too, more dubious that make us wonder why people go after?

........ Before I share some points that he prepared with our help and delivered to the class next day I want to ask our members how you would advise an Indian/Hindu child put in a spot like this to answer :) .........
Better give the points prepared by your son, Prasad Sir!

We are hijacking the thread to horoscopes!! :typing:

Better give the points prepared by your son, Prasad Sir!

We are hijacking the thread to horoscopes!! :typing:
Dear Raji madam,
Those points have already been given in a Looong writeup under a new thread.
We are just trying to keep the thread alive, so the monkeys and elephants in it dont go to sleep.

Isnt that an ultra wide generalisation, speculating that every astrologer starts with the star? .....
We have come across quite a few astrologers (Kerala and TN) and all of them started from the 'star' poruththam only!

Dear Raji madam,
Those points have already been given in a Looong writeup under a new thread.
We are just trying to keep the thread alive, so the monkeys and elephants in it dont go to sleep.
Dear Ozone,
Sorry. I am yet to read it! OK.... Let us keep the monkeys and elephants awake!! :horn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back