• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindus worship monkeys and elephants. Can you tell me why

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can tell anyone these lines;

1)"when almost the whole world worships money..what is so wrong if I worship a monkey or an elephant or any living object ?"

2)"when we women are supposed to worship our husbands I dont see any harm worshiping a monkey"

Afterall , monkey differs from money in only one extra letter!!

We can tell anyone these lines;

1)"when almost the whole world worships money..what is so wrong if I worship a monkey or an elephant or any living object ?"

2)"when we women are supposed to worship our husbands I dont see any harm worshiping a monkey"

The first one is a good one. The second one I am not so sure. The last such woman I saw was 65 years old. I have not since seen a younger one fitting the description.

These days, if you don't worship the damE, you will be damNed
(you = men = husbands)

The FORCE used proves beyond any doubt that it is out of

personal experience. You are very frank sir! :clap2:

See HOW MUCH of a difference a single letter can make!!!!

Now let us move on to the the next exercise...:)
Tame? :decision: Dame?
:rolleyes:

I think I now have the answer. Like God, monkeys and elephants do not speak.Also, maybe, because they have an extra limb - tail or trunk.

Oh, yes. every animal can be worshiped; even birds - like Crow, peacock, Garuda, etc. Cow, Nandi,Lion, Tiger,etc. are worshiped. Maybe Arabs are worshiping Camels. In Rajasthan they sort of worship rats. Let me add that "Kaamwaalis" sort of worship broomstick; to a new broom they apply kumkum before using it. I do not know whether insects are worshiped. Insects like cockroaches are said to have been created by Sage Vishwamitra. Man thinks, except himself every thing is worshippable! There is no knowing whether these animals, birds, insects are worshiping us!

Last edited:
Haven't you see the fanatic fans performing paal abhishekham and karpoora haarathi to the cut-outs of their favorite hero on the day the movie is released?

Oh, yes. every animal can be worshiped; even birds - like Crow, peacock, Garuda, etc. Cow, Nandi,Lion, Tiger,etc. are worshiped. Maybe Arabs are worshiping Camels. In Rajasthan they sort of worship rats. Let me add that "Kaamwaalis" sort of worship broomstick; to a new broom they apply kumkum before using it. I do not know whether insects are worshiped. Insects like cockroaches are said to have been created by Sage Vishwamitra. Man thinks, except himself every thing is worshippable! There is no knowing whether these animals, birds, insects are worshiping us!

The FORCE used proves beyond any doubt that it is out of

personal experience. You are very frank sir! :clap2:

See HOW MUCH of a difference a single letter can make!!!!

Now let us move on to the the next exercise...:)
Tame? :decision: Dame?
:rolleyes:
Out came a mame, of nice and slender frame,
Carrying a flame that’s not too lame,
Sir, do dame and tame mean the same?

Game on, was the response: Yes mame!
Tame a dame with care, you get name and fame,
Else you wind up with shame and blame!

Last edited:
Words of wisdom stringed into a lovely poem! :clap2:

Tame and Dame may or may not mean the same -

depending on that dame under discussion! :)

Wonder whether a lame flame will be of much use though!

A dame can't tamed unless she herself decides to become

tame. Haven't you heard of "She stoops to conquer?"

She can STOOP TO CONQUER OR SWOOP TO CONQUER !

Swoops! :decision: Stoops?

Nice poetry. I :love: poetry even if I do not see eye to eye with

regards to the content.

Out came a mame, of nice and slender frame,
Carrying a flame that’s not too lame,
Sir, do dame and tame mean the same?

Game on, was the response: Yes mame!
Tame a dame with care, you get name and fame,
Else you wind up with shame and blame!

Naturally :)

We were talking about some lucky man's unlucky wife

who is still living in the early 20th century.! :becky:

If the man was lucky, then his wife must be lucky too. The only luck a man ever needs is a good wife. And if she makes the man feel lucky, then she has already won the battle for control!

The Law of Conservation of Luck states that

"The sum total of the luck of the husband and his wife

always remains a constant." :high5:

So luckier the husband becomes ...

unluckier his wife HAS to become!

You can't cheat Universal laws. :nono:

Also the more you have ... the more you want. :popcorn:

The more you serve... the more service is expected of you.

The more you sacrifice... the more sacrifices are expected of you.

There is no limit either for the services or the sacrifices, I am sure.

If the man was lucky, then his wife must be lucky too. The only luck a man ever needs is a good wife. And if she makes the man feel lucky, then she has already won the battle for control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back