• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinduism - Do you feel the recent Nithyanand swami episode a blow to Hinduism ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri RVR,So, now you are trying to brainwash him back...? Can it not be seen that way? You have used the word 'trap'; did Nithyananda wilfully cause the boy to fail in his love? Or perhaps, do all the devotees/disciples of Nithyananda have love-failures? You are agitated because your relative boy got into a different way of life (ie., as seen normally)... it is only sheer luck (call it whatever you want) that Nithyananda was exposed in his private domain.

Also, I presume that you have no problems with the relative boy going into saynasam or whatever... if it is under a guru whom you revere. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So now saysasam has to become commercial - a sanyasi should hold a certificate which validates his sanyasam? Probably detailing the place, the guru etc and the date on which he became a sanyasi? Then perhaps, we should initially take a massive undertaking as to identify true sanyasis who then, become eligible to confer sanyasam to others. But then, there comes the problem - who can identify such sanyasis - people like us who have a totally different mindset?

Regards,

Definitely we have to brain wash the boy to save him from fraudulent God men.

If my relative boy wants to take sanyas, let him do it in a traditional mutts like Kanchi, Sringeri etc. We have no problem. Nobody can prevent his destiny.

Getting sanyas from traditional mutts like Kanchi, Sringeri, Vaishanvite and Madhva mutts is not easy.

My point is all sort of self styled Godman wear saffron, call themselves as sanyasis, indulge in all sorts of activities and offer sanyas to every body who are walking into their premises.

We have to differentiate between conservative, conventional mutts and others.

All the best

Dear RVR anna...

Dont get me wrong...Nithya is our Hindu brother and he has caused a scandal for us Hindus...that i dont deny..
Let this be among us Hindus to vadam and prativadam without comparing and contrasting him with a person of a different religion that too from a country that has done enough damage to your country....

Not all Pakistanis are bad...that i know...but not even one will run down his fellow citizen even if it was a terrorist bombing attack..

When we differentiate between Honesty and fraud, we have to keep the religion away from our discussions.

There is a episode where Dhrutrashtra needs to decide whom to crown a prince, Yudhisthir or Duryodhan.

He then asks both of them to judge a crime of death.

Duryodhan orders death sentences to all the four varna persons.

Yudhisthir gives them seperate sentences based on their varnas. The person belonging to Sudra gets least punishment, other varnas gets medium punishment and the Brahmin gets maximum capital punishment.

Dridhirastra accepts Yudhistra's judgement and crown him as Prince.

A sanyasi is suppose to have renounced every thing and regarded above all the four varnas. He is not suppose to commit even smallest crimes whatsoever.

Legally it is not a big crime to have sex with another willing person but morally and ethically, I cannot accept a sanyasi indulging in all these things. If we apply Yudhistra's judgement logic, the crime requires maximum punishment.

All the best

Sri Renuku ji, Sri TBS ji,

Sare jahan se accha..hindustan hamara solrenga....East or West India is Best solrenga, Mera Bharath Mahan ena kuda namba solrom...

Aanaal arasiyal vaadhigal naatai surai aaduranga, Arasiyal/Arasiyal vaadhigal Anniya sakthi ki kai kuduthu appaavi makkallai kolraanga, Unmaiyaana ozhaippaaliyum, Vivasaaiyayum odhaikaranaga, Nyaayamaana Urumaigalakku poraadavargalai theevaravaathigal ena mudrai kuththuraanga, ezhai makkaloda ezhumaiyai payanpadiththi avangalai arasiyal dhaadhaa vaaga maathuranga, ariyaanmaiyai payanpadiththi avangalai muttal aakkuranga......Enu enamo ellm kudumai nadukiradhu lah namba India naatu lay...

Ena lah...idhu ellam therindhum kooda..Mera bharath Mahaan ena namba ellorum nainaithukonde irikirom. Idhu nammolodia ariyaanmai yaa illa theevara desa pattru aa??

Nethaji Subash Chandra Bose mattrum Bagath Sing pola thai naatu premigal, thyagigal, uyarantha ullangal vaazhndha namba Thai Naattil, ippozhdu pala arasiyal vaathigalum mattrum varthaga niruvangalum kai koodi, naatai soorai yaadi, makkallai disaithiruppi soththu kumikirargal...

"Antha Naal Muthal...Intha Naal Varai Vaanam Maaravillai....Manithan Maari Vittaan.."

Shri Krishnamoorthy,
To All: Paramahansha is a stage for a person who is meditating and he will detached from the soul from the body and do Astral Travel,for that kind of spiritiual people the body is not a vehicle they can do whatever they want so Rajasekaran may also done like that? s.r.k.
Well, nithyananda seems to have undertaken some sort of travel currently, but it does not seem to be of the astral kind...

Aanaal arasiyal vaadhigal naatai surai aaduranga, Arasiyal/Arasiyal vaadhigal Anniya sakthi ki kai kuduthu appaavi makkallai kolraanga, Unmaiyaana ozhaippaaliyum, Vivasaaiyayum odhaikaranaga, Nyaayamaana Urumaigalakku poraadavargalai theevaravaathigal ena mudrai kuththuraanga, ezhai makkaloda ezhumaiyai payanpadiththi avangalai arasiyal dhaadhaa vaaga maathuranga, ariyaanmaiyai payanpadiththi avangalai muttal aakkuranga......Enu enamo ellm kudumai nadukiradhu lah namba India naatu lay...

Nethaji Subash Chandra Bose mattrum Bagath Sing pola thai naatu premigal, thyagigal, uyarantha ullangal vaazhndha namba Thai Naattil, ippozhdu pala arasiyal vaathigalum mattrum varthaga niruvangalum kai koodi, naatai soorai yaadi, makkallai disaithiruppi soththu kumikirargal...
idha korvaya sonna apdiye 'kaaptan' vijaykanth dialogue madiri irukku... :)

When we differentiate between Honesty and fraud, we have to keep the religion away from our discussions.

There is a episode where Dhrutrashtra needs to decide whom to crown a prince, Yudhisthir or Duryodhan.

Yudhisthir gives them seperate sentences based on their varnas. The person belonging to Sudra gets least punishment, other varnas gets medium punishment and the Brahmin gets maximum capital punishment.

A sanyasi is suppose to have renounced every thing and regarded above all the four varnas. He is not suppose to commit even smallest crimes whatsoever.

Legally it is not a big crime to have sex with another willing person but morally and ethically, I cannot accept a sanyasi indulging in all these things. If we apply Yudhistra's judgement logic, the crime requires maximum punishment.

All the best

You know anna...in Mahabharat..i least favored Yudhisthira..
He made weird judgements at times...like putting Draupadi at stake when he had already lost himself at the game of dice...

As her eldest husband he chose to stick to Dharma of gambling instead of standing up and killing the guy who was disrobing her..

To be frank he had no foresight...Thats what even Lord Krishna thought about him and thats why Gita was given to Arjuna...
Bhim Sen was no too inteeligent enough for Gita either..
Nakul and Sahadev were almost very silent types...

My all time favorite in Mahabharat is Karna...I just love him in it...

I dont think that judgement was very good..to give crime according to Varna..
I follow Duryodhana...at least he saw all as equal..not per varna...

Sanyasi is also a man...a human...even Devas can Err...
Anna ask yourself..hasnt even one Adharmic thought ever crossed your mind...
If you ask me I can give you a list of the Adharmic thoughts that have crossed my mind since a child..its just that I never did what i thought...

When i was 10..i hated this teacher so much becos she would find so much fault with me in class becos she did not like my mother becos of a personal tiff they had as friends once before...

I used to sit and stare at her..and hope she would catch fire..i was stupid enough to think i could set her on fire by looking at her..

Once she asked me.."What are you looking at?"
I replied.."You are so pretty teacher''(but actually she looked like a piece of dog excreta)

see Anna...its not a good thought..Adharma too...

All the best

Sri RVR ji, in my opinion you are right...

We human beings got multiple mind set, understanding and acceptance...

It is hard for an individual to make his points clear to another...

Any sort of travails & ordeals that comes on the way of a spiritual leader/God man, tarnishing his/her image and importance can be considered zilch by themselves and we ordinary humans in terms of basic belief - "Paramaatmaavukkum Sodhanai Varum"..especially in this kali yuga.

But when such a God Man get caught himself unawares with his sexual fantasies/indulgence, then its terrible for one self to prove innocent and us to accept him any more as divine soul...Because neither we can ever conclude that Media and others associated with such propaganda are wrong nor Swamy Nithyanada is guilty…The advancements are as such…

In majority such God Man will be considered as normal soul, one among us, who got the right to defend himself, prove innocent and come out with flying colours..As a common man he can do anything he wants, carry on with his yoga and meditation teachings with out harming others and breaching the law..but never can claim himself to be a sanyasi or spiritual leader...

Unless we Hindus understand the concept and importance of spirituality, believe in supreme soul, believe in divinity and act accordingly, for sure we will succumb to mockery by other communities..

You know anna...in Mahabharat..i least favored Yudhisthira..
He made weird judgements at times...like putting Draupadi at stake when he had already lost himself at the game of dice...

As her eldest husband he chose to stick to Dharma of gambling instead of standing up and killing the guy who was disrobing her..

To be frank he had no foresight...Thats what even Lord Krishna thought about him and thats why Gita was given to Arjuna...
Bhim Sen was no too inteeligent enough for Gita either..
Nakul and Sahadev were almost very silent types...

My all time favorite in Mahabharat is Karna...I just love him in it...

I dont think that judgement was very good..to give crime according to Varna..
I follow Duryodhana...at least he saw all as equal..not per varna...

Sanyasi is also a man...a human...even Devas can Err...
Anna ask yourself..hasnt even one Adharmic thought ever crossed your mind...
If you ask me I can give you a list of the Adharmic thoughts that have crossed my mind since a child..its just that I never did what i thought...

When i was 10..i hated this teacher so much becos she would find so much fault with me in class becos she did not like my mother becos of a personal tiff they had as friends once before...

I used to sit and stare at her..and hope she would catch fire..i was stupid enough to think i could set her on fire by looking at her..

Once she asked me.."What are you looking at?"
I replied.."You are so pretty teacher''(but actually she looked like a piece of dog excreta)

see Anna...its not a good thought..Adharma too...

Yudhistra is regarded as `Dharma Putra' in our epics.

He was trapped in to the gambling game by the Sakuni and others. He was forced to play the game to uphold Kshatriya Dharma. He knows very well that Sakuni is the expert in the game and he is going to lose.
Putting Draupadi at stake in the game is always debatable. Lord Rama requesting Sita to undergo Agni Pariksha is also debatable.

Lord Krishna and Veda Vyasa knows the forthcoming events fully well. Both of them withdrew from the scene after the aswametha yagam at Indhraprastha.

It is nothing but fate that Emperor Yudhistra was trapped into a gambling game.

Over all in the Mahabaratha, it is only Yudhistra regarded as Dharma Putra.

Personally each one of us would have committed some mistakes. But we don't do it knowingly or intentionally.

But the sins committed by these God man are done with their full knowledge and with an intention to cheat innocent public.

They cannot be compared with normal human beings like us.

All the best

Last edited:
idha korvaya sonna apdiye 'kaaptan' vijaykanth dialogue madiri irukku... :)

Ada da....enakkum ippo dhaan strike aagarthu...kaaptan Vijaykaanth mama vodia thaakkam ivalavu adhigam aaaa??? :laugh:

Nella vellai MGR mama ippo nammidam illai....Irunthaal avalavu dhaan pongo..Elloriyum Saattai yaaliye adichchu vodaichchu pinni edirthupaaru:target:

Shri Krishnamoorthy,Well, nithyananda seems to have undertaken some sort of travel currently, but it does not seem to be of the astral kind...

Koodu vittu koodu paanjutaaro????? Alla kootu kule pooti irukiraaro enamo...

Annal oru naal veliye vandhu pattai yai kalapuvaaru paarungo...Kuttiayai kalakaravargal stambiththu nirkka poraargal...

only indians in the world show restraint after 26/11.

speaks volumes about tolerance and intelligence of indians.

pakistan will never ever stop its jihadi elements as its part of islam.

americans will never ever stop giving arms to pakistan as its in its own interest of countering hinduism.americans are christanity lovers in a major way,so,they will see to that china a communist giant and pakistan an islamic converts nation,gets maximum dole,so that indians in particular hindus are wiped out as majority religion and replaced by a sikh or islamic or christian or buddhist or jain...etc becoz hindus have no unity.read paramacharyaals hindu dharma at Hinduism Sanathana Dharma and Vedanta: presented by Shri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham : kamakoti.org to know why our caste dharma is important,united we stand divided we fall

You said it. Exactly that is what the Americans are doing; British have culture, Americans have none. They are pitting all neighbours against India. Pakistan is already occupied by US, Chinese were never reliable to play any honest game. Like I said before, all these majority religions are meaninglessly and mindlessly frightened of minority Hindu India which is at present governed by none too intelligent people. Pity them they know not God, but only the system they have created for themselves to survive.

If DMK were to be at the place of Duryodana or Yudhishtra, he would have ordered to Kill the brahmin and blessed the others with colour TV to watch.

But the sins committed by these God man are done with their full knowledge and with an intention to cheat innocent public.

At the age of 3,paramahamsa nithyanandam has been drawings of shri meru?At,the birth of bhagavan sathya sai baba,the musical instruments started playing by all itself?by age 14,baba declared who he is?all these people started to con people from this young age,and consistently people are getting conned,and now sun tv has exposed this con,and now you are exposing them further,snicker snicker,ya right.but one statement is right,they are not human like us as both are para-normal beings.such athmas are gift to humanity,imo.sai ram,nithyam sharanam gacchami.

re

If DMK were to be at the place of Duryodana or Yudhishtra, he would have ordered to Kill the brahmin and blessed the others with colour TV to watch.

dmk only mocked and ridiculed brahmins and their way of life.

aiadmk,with vengence foisted murder charges on a saint,this party under present leadership shud be cursed,and booked in court and thrown into jail,for misappropriation of wealth and abuse of power as cm.

its better for all tambrams to leave the state is an alternate solution

re

You said it. Exactly that is what the Americans are doing; British have culture, Americans have none. They are pitting all neighbours against India. Pakistan is already occupied by US, Chinese were never reliable to play any honest game. Like I said before, all these majority religions are meaninglessly and mindlessly frightened of minority Hindu India which is at present governed by none too intelligent people. Pity them they know not God, but only the system they have created for themselves to survive.

americans are not pitting one against other.saarc nations are unable to accept India as their leader,becoz India does not have the blessings or tacit approval from the big 5 in UN.Once India does this,automatically,everything will be fine.The temptation to convert to christanity,islam,communists are just too much,they look forward in anticipation to acheive this goal for generations to come.

but then knowing india and indians as much as i do,it will be interesting as we make history.

islam convert nation pakistan,is fully utilising the sentiments of americans,and americans need pakistanis for their larger overall plan,of 'oil' transportation,as its mega bucks for american companies,which all are operating as shell companies,which we call benami in India.Indians are very big players.If the money deposited in foreign banks are brought into circulation within India,within 500 days,india economy is shining jewel forever.

Yudhistra is regarded as `Dharma Putra' in our epics.

He was trapped in to the gambling game by the Sakuni and others. He was forced to play the game to uphold Kshatriya Dharma. He knows very well that Sakuni is the expert in the game and he is going to lose.
Putting Draupadi at stake in the game is always debatable. Lord Rama requesting Sita to undergo Agni Pariksha is also debatable.

Lord Krishna and Veda Vyasa knows the forthcoming events fully well. Both of them withdrew from the scene after the aswametha yagam at Indhraprastha.

It is nothing but fate that Emperor Yudhistra was trapped into a gambling game.

Over all in the Mahabaratha, it is only Yudhistra regarded as Dharma Putra.

Personally each one of us would have committed some mistakes. But we don't do it knowingly or intentionally.

All the best

Dear RVR anna,

You are mistaken here...Through mediatation and acquired Siddhic Powers from previous births some individuals can attain Paranormal powers...coupled with religous knowledge they can scale the highest realm...
But this at times does come with a price..when the ugly Ahamkara(Ego) rears its head...

Some fall from their level...and again need to take birth to attain perfection..
Some fall due to any of these.... Kama,Krodha,Lobha,Moha,Mada and Matsarya...
The 6 hooded serpent which is present in everyone of us...

Ramakrishna Paramahansa had a disciple with Yogic powers where he could create light with his hands and he used to create light to walk in the dark at night ...walking in front of Ramakrishna Paramhansa...

Ramakrishna Paramahansa removed that ability of that disciple and later explained that power would in the future distract him from the spiritual path even though that disciple was pure at heart...

I feel everyone whether Godmen or "Normal Humans" are normal only...
I can conduct a post mortem to prove that all are normal only..

Unless they are Ultraman...my all time Japanese superhero..

YouTube - ULTRAMAN COSMOS FIGHTING IN FE3

Last edited:
No one can bring the down fall of Hindiism. From time immemorial these things are happenning not alone in hinduism but also more in all other religions. ignoring is the best solution

re

No one can bring the down fall of Hindiism. From time immemorial these things are happenning not alone in hinduism but also more in all other religions. ignoring is the best solution

om to that
amen to that
aameen to that ,ambes :)

To All the story of Mahabharattha is just because the revenge by Sakuni to kill the Drudarashran family because this blind king forcefully married his sister, and Bashimer, helped for thatso he played the key role.s.r.k

re

To All the story of Mahabharattha is just because the revenge by Sakuni to kill the Drudarashran family because this blind king forcefully married his sister, and Bashimer, helped for thatso he played the key role.s.r.k

i see a lot of sakuni (mams) here in the forum :hurt:

Respected friends of the community,
This is my maiden posting. So I start with a small prayer to Lord Ganapathi and the Spiritual gurus as is our usual practice.
Who went after Swami Nithyananda. Those who wanted something in return rather quickly. Those that went after him today could blame him. Why should I blame when I did not go after him. These days people are born painless. There is no pain even to the mother due to various medicines and injections. I am 58 from the normal Tanjore district brahmin family. I was willing to take struggle as part of life. Perhaps the gen-X these days wants all pleasures but no pain, unless pain comes as a result of some self made injury. It is instant cricket, instant coffee, instant mail, instant love and hate, etc. All now or never. My view is that people are not interested in hard work and sincerety any more or the merit of hard work is being whittled down. We look to the God men as being quickly ameliorative of the pains and sufferings. Those who suffer some deficiency, want relief instantly and therefore go to the Godmen. A few may indeed get some help. Those who did not get, say some things and those who got say some other things.
It is very difficult to search the atman from within. Only sages like Ramana Maharishi or the Paramacharya of Kanchi or the Sai Baba could be the real Gurus who could cause the real uplink. Real Guru does not seek anything except that he conveys things indirectly which take a long time to understand. Let us take instance of Shirdi Baba's Charithram where he said that a little girl will explain the Upanishad and it happened in a simpler way.
For one who did not go after any Godman other than the Great souls referred to in the previous paragraph, let me say that instances like Nithyananda would only strengthen the Hindu way of life. Let us learn to sift the grain from the chaff.
Sarve Janah Sukhino Bhavanthu. Brahmanah Santhu Nirbhayaha.
Namaskarams
T R Ramamurthy

This is my maiden posting. So I start with a small prayer to Lord Ganapathi and the Spiritual gurus as is our usual practice.
Who went after Swami Nithyananda. Those who wanted something in return rather quickly. Those that went after him today could blame him. Why should I blame when I did not go after him. These days people are born painless. There is no pain even to the mother due to various medicines and injections. I am 58 from the normal Tanjore district brahmin family. I was willing to take struggle as part of life. Perhaps the gen-X these days wants all pleasures but no pain, unless pain comes as a result of some self made injury. It is instant cricket, instant coffee, instant mail, instant love and hate, etc. All now or never. My view is that people are not interested in hard work and sincerety any more or the merit of hard work is being whittled down. We look to the God men as being quickly ameliorative of the pains and sufferings. Those who suffer some deficiency, want relief instantly and therefore go to the Godmen. A few may indeed get some help. Those who did not get, say some things and those who got say some other things.
It is very difficult to search the atman from within. Only sages like Ramana Maharishi or the Paramacharya of Kanchi or the Sai Baba could be the real Gurus who could cause the real uplink. Real Guru does not seek anything except that he conveys things indirectly which take a long time to understand. Let us take instance of Shirdi Baba's Charithram where he said that a little girl will explain the Upanishad and it happened in a simpler way.
For one who did not go after any Godman other than the Great souls referred to in the previous paragraph, let me say that instances like Nithyananda would only strengthen the Hindu way of life. Let us learn to sift the grain from the chaff.
Namaskarams
T R Ramamurthy

Dear Sir...You post is so enlighting..You indeed live up to your name...Rama(Pleasing)....Murthy(idol/personification)

renu

Namaskarams
T R Ramamurthy

Welcome Shri Ramamurthy. A good post. But I would like to differ only on one point. That today's youth does not want pain. Let me explain that, like me, even yourself would have started life in leisurely way and had to struggle to go up absorbing pain as tonic Did you start from KG or Nursery? What with donations,today, for beginning education and multitudes of attractions in the process to become a youth. The parents tensions are psychologically transferred to the upcoming child. We never had attractions to suffer from. But mind is monkey and the children of today have been undergoing this pulls and pressures. The academics are full and tight and extra activities are equally important for parents to be proud of. Every where there is tension and urgency for them. Science developing very slow in our days, is developing at a lightning speed. They have to compete with more number of equals, academically and financially. In our times, there were not even 'navratnas' in a class; and in today's classes there are hardly navratnas in back benches. The gamut of knowledge in today's world is amazing and for us kind it is mind-bogging, inspite of calculators and computers. We cannot match their time management ideas because it is cumbersome and demanding. In my opinion, we should be a little more appreciative of their problems and that way only we can retain them in our fold.

Dear Sister Renuka and Brother Iyyarooran
Thanks for your comments and compliments. I agree with the point that there are many distractions in today's context for the growing children. We used to be, as growing children, oozing saliva and also afraid to take beating from parents and elders (sometimes so afraid as to pass u...e). We had that atmosphere to grow. The children these days are much pampered as there are only one or at best two children in any family. We had grown in a joint family with many brothers and sisters. The joint family was strength and affection to brothers and sisters and relatives was free flowing. Todays children do not know what an elder sister could mean in a big family.

Yes, there is stiff competition, but whatever parents should do they should try to place the children in a position of comparative advantage. But nothing beyond. The way we can retain in fold has to be devised in a manner which generates from a forum like ours common for all families.
We had grown in the atmosphere of agraharams in small villages and interior areas where a car driving in our street would be a matter of story. These children are exposed to greater details than we could have ever comprehended. ACs, cars, luxuries are available in plenty. But what is needed is value of life, importance of relationship, respects to elders and help to the needy. Certainly, the children are growing in a different atmosphere than what we were used to. They cannot be faulted. But a common bond for brahmns, Tamil brahmins, could be recognition for the sustained values. Tamil brahmins invaded Delhi and other parts of Indian cities, a s some of known North Indian friends used to say, at 120 words per minute. But this generation has many options. Sooner or later, we will have an Ambani or a Bill gates from amongst Tamil Brahmins. Some common links like respect for the religion, identity and rituals should be valued by us and inculcated to the next generation somehow.
I have come to the forum to give and certainly take some values.
Thanks brother and sister.
let us continue.

Another point I want to make is that Godmen would be really Godmen. Saibaba asked for Dakshina and obtained but spent it for the purpose of his disciples and distributed to various persons - needy etc. He did not acquire a plot of 200 acres during his life time. He further had around Rs 16 or so, at the end of his life.
The Ashrams etc. of the current day belonging to the so called Swamis have the latest gadgets fitted - ACs, King size beds, sofas and other things. Sai Baba used to sit for long years in a stone. Wore clothings made of jute gunny bags, stitched and restitched garments etc. That is what I meant by sifting the grain from the chaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back