• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinduism - Do you feel the recent Nithyanand swami episode a blow to Hinduism ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, rape is a serious offense. If police has registered a case against Nityananda that includes the charge of rape, then why are they not arresting him? He seems to give interviews freely. You can't say he is hiding if journalists can easily find him, and only the police cannot.

The matter is one of honesty between Nityananda and his followers. It is for them to work it out. He is unlikely to attract any new recruits and the existing ones will slowly get thinned out. This horse has been flogged enough. Now, the government has to put up or shut up.

Among the causes of rise of godman cheaters, perhaps the most important one is the proclivity of people to believe in supernatural intervention in their personal lives. A coincidence here, or a misunderstood causation there, leads people to develop unshakable faith in a range of things, some benign like an assortment of vradhams, some foolish like astrology, and some delusional like faith in godmen.

Among these, astrology is perhaps the most pervasive and detrimental. Godmen do attract a sizable section of the population, but only a very small subset go behind them to the extent of ruining their lives.

On the other hand, astrology attracts many multiples. People make serious life decisions based on astrology. A crusade against astrology is likely to benefit lot more people than one against cheating godmen. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nityananda

dear sundaram sir,
a desciple of chinmaya was staying with us and she said she walked out of the ashram because chinmaya had this habit of putting his hand into the blouse of women who meditated and sitting in the front row right in front of him, so these god men cannot hold themselves, like how in our scriptures they mention do not look at the man but listen to his godly enlightenment if one can get enlightened nothing like it, so this hype will rise and fall the god men will go on and here we see at least he has admitted to not remaining or advising celibacy to any one...sunkan

I have heard stories "kisu-kisu" on Asharam Bapu also. Like "Nityakalyanis" there are nitya anand seekers. Even Vishwamitra was no exception. With tongue in cheek he was reported to have said " I have never advocated celibacy". These people inspire their own clans. After all, you dont find sadhus in every crowd.:violin:

Dear all,

Sometimes I feel we humans only remember the negative aspects of an individual more than the positive aspects...

Best example is Vishvamitra...He is the one who coined the Gayatri Mantra for all to recite during Sandhyavandanam..but all people remember of him is the whole Menaka episode...

Let us not compare Rajasekharan (Nityananda) with Brimha Rishi Viswamitra.

Viswamitra's life is an open book. He was confered the title Brimha Rishi by his fellow Rishis of that time.

Saint Arunagirinathar had weakness for ladies before getting the grace of Lord Muruga. In every stanza he condemns lust .

Let us not compare such great people with the present day God man. Rajasekharan is still hiding and is coming only on videos. He is not subjecting himself to the due process of law.

All the best

Dear all,

Sometimes I feel we humans only remember the negative aspects of an individual more than the positive aspects...

Best example is Vishvamitra...He is the one who coined the Gayatri Mantra for all to recite during Sandhyavandanam..but all people remember of him is the whole Menaka episode...
c

I like this, correctly said.
Like wise, many sages, rishis lapsed seriously sometime stand today as people to be emulated for something they have done very good .
In general, we humans tend to harp around the one bad done and forget the many good.
I am not at all comparing and not even trying to justify.
One who breaches what he preaches should be admonished. it is as simple as that.

Nityanand

Dear all,

Oh no, the idea is to tell that great people are not infallible in adverse conditions. I am neither comparing the two. I am attempting to tell people that they should know how to separate grain from chaff. Nityananda has also enticed other followers big and small, by his philosophical speeches. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It is we who rest the bust on the pedestal. Should not we be careful?

Oh no, the idea is to tell that great people are not infallible in adverse conditions. I am neither comparing the two. I am attempting to tell people that they should know how to separate grain from chaff. Nityananda has also enticed other followers big and small, by his philosophical speeches. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. It is we who rest the bust on the pedestal. Should not we be careful?

dear sir,

I was just giving a general statement...becos enough times we hear Vishwamitra and Menaka more than the fact he coined the Gayatri Mantra..many people also dont even know this fact and go on reciting the mantra without even knowing the originator...

renu

many a times, i reiterate to myself, that music is universal. what does the religion of the composer matter.

yet, i cannot reconcile myself to some losses to hinduism.

nowadays, foremost, is a.r.rehman, aka dileep kumar. have heard many a narrative of the circumstances of conversion, but come to realize, that there is very little chance of reconverting or even acknowledging his hindu identity, which gave birth and nurtured his great music.

personally, i do not believe, that a regimented islam could birth such a genius. his abhorrence to hinduism is strong.

what did we do wrong?

when history is written, nobody would remember nithyananda. but for posterity, dileep kumar would be known only as a.r.rehman.

i don't care what caste of hindu you are. but as an acknowledged hindu, i feel the loss. :(

....what did we do wrong?

Not many people ask this question, and that is the wrong Hindus are guilty of.

I have not heard much of ARR, so I can't say much about his widely acclaimed genius, I did not think much about Jai Ho either. I think ARR can never beat Kannadasan and MSV. Their music standout without any help from electronics.

Cheers!

many a times, i reiterate to myself, that music is universal. what does the religion of the composer matter.

yet, i cannot reconcile myself to some losses to hinduism.

nowadays, foremost, is a.r.rehman, aka dileep kumar. have heard many a narrative of the circumstances of conversion, but come to realize, that there is very little chance of reconverting or even acknowledging his hindu identity, which gave birth and nurtured his great music.

personally, i do not believe, that a regimented islam could birth such a genius. his abhorrence to hinduism is strong.

what did we do wrong?

when history is written, nobody would remember nithyananda. but for posterity, dileep kumar would be known only as a.r.rehman.

i don't care what caste of hindu you are. but as an acknowledged hindu, i feel the loss. :(

Dear Kunjuppu ji,

You know...I tend to agree with you a little...
You know I have many a times wondered when a Hindu converts to another religion he/she becomes so fanatical and follows every rule and regulation in their new found religion like a Ba Ba Black Sheep..just repeating Yes Sir Yes Sir Three Bags Full..

I have known many of such people who have no improvement in their lifes after conversion but infact more delusional...
But I am suprised that they never revert to Hinduism..even though none of their prayers are really answered in their new found religion..

When they were Hindus they would complain..."God never helped me etc"
When they convert and no prayer answered..they wont complain but would say.."God is testing me..God is showing me how to cope."

You know what kunjuppu.....Its not our loss ...Its their loss...

Hinduism

Not many people ask this question, and that is the wrong Hindus are guilty of.

I have not heard much of ARR, so I can't say much about his widely acclaimed genius, I did not think much about Jai Ho either. I think ARR can never beat Kannadasan and MSV. Their music standout without any help from electronics.

Cheers!

Most of the Muslims in this part of the world were Hindus. "This is whole, that is whole, when the whole is taken out of the whole the whole still remains the whole." Many may be believing only in the system of things rather. The majority of the people in the world are Muslims, next Christians, and then others. But alas, they are all afraid of the small un-established "Hinduism". Poor unfortunate people they are going crazy, nuts and insane. Can anybody work out how many billions of dollars are spent in this "conversion" business. You can only pity them. Change of faith! Oh, faith can be changed, too. If it is the new faith to be believed, what was the old one? The name of the game is dividing God! It is going to be like the mangy dog which, unable to gnaw at its tail, will bark at passerby.

dear sundaram sir,
a desciple of chinmaya was staying with us and she said she walked out of the ashram because chinmaya had this habit of putting his hand into the blouse of women who meditated and sitting in the front row right in front of him, so these god men cannot hold themselves, ....

I hope the Chinmaya you have quoted is not the late Swami Chinmayananda, founder of Chinmaya Mission. Pl. confirm

2 gems from twitter :

1. Fun with 1- Ananda, Fun with 2- Mahananda, Fun with 3 - Parmananda(*), Fun with loads of'em - Nityananda ;)

(*) i would replace this with premananda

2. Vini Vidi Vici - modern version

He swami, He concurred, He came

:) :)

Hindus are all guided by Hinduisam and not by the said God Men, whose ups and owns are in the hands of the politicians of this nation, which we had wittnesed recently in Tamilnadu , after the Kanchi Sankara Mutt case. No one should give importance to such things to affect their faith in Hinduisam.

re

I hope Chinmaya is not Swami Chinmayananda of Chinmaya Mission

maniya,

there was a scandal abt him too.he is supposed to have 'kai pottufying' in womens blouses !!!

nachi naga.

re

Hindus are all guided by Hinduisam and not by the said God Men, whose ups and owns are in the hands of the politicians of this nation, which we had wittnesed recently in Tamilnadu , after the Kanchi Sankara Mutt case. No one should give importance to such things to affect their faith in Hinduisam.

kumarxx,

mahaswamigal of kanchi warned his sishya about getting involved with jan jagran political wing.so,jj has showed her political vendetta by foisting a false charges on hapless hh jayendrar and vijyaendrar saraswathis!!immdly a tsunami followed to chennai.

nachi naga.

Nithyanand swami

It is the mistake of people that they accepted Nithyanand swami as a spirtual Guru. He never proclaimed that he is a sanyasin and if some people had foolishly followed him , it is their mistake and NOT the mistake of Hinduism !!

No details needed to be discussed more please about his personal actions which we saw in television, read in news papers, weekly magazines etc., All of a sudden he was going to the top level, and all of a sudden he has come down in view of all reportings.
That is not criteria now.
My raising this question is specific as the objective is also clear, I am sure.
Do you feel that his downfall as a hindu swamiji, a hindu spiritual teacher will bring a bad name to hinduism or not ?
if you say yes, how ?
if you say No, why ?
With out getting into any other details can the kind valued opinion of our memebers be generated? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back