• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Following hindu tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That made me think again.

It would indeed be nice to live from minute to minute or second to second. No past, no thought of future. As the moment comes, live it like a cockroach. No need for any rituals because every ritual can be analysed and reduced with the help of neurons in the brain to just motions driven by hormones and raw emotions. Right now the cockroach before me is giving me a curious look. I wonder what it is thinking or does it think at all. Yes, being an amoeba is better than being a cockroach or a thinking human being with rituals which are enjoyed by some, found boring by some, and diced and spliced by some looking for a lot of hidden meaning, superior-inferior binaries, new and fresh ideas etc.,.

Ada pongappa. Vaazhkkai vaazhvatharkke-with all the rituals and the sweets and sweet memories that they bring to the table. LOL.

How do we know that cockroaches don't have rituals. All animals have rituals that are built in to their genetic code, that allows them to survive.

A plant's root grows towards the soil and water. Maybe that is a ritual as well ...

So why dont you bring in some new and fresh ideas for everyone here?

Why only keep depending on others to bring in some ideas and get bored for nothing at all?

Good point. I will start a thread as well !
I hope I do not become like you posting something or the other every hour LoL

Dear friend,

I have been a member of Tamil Brahmins Forum for the past nine years.This forum gives a platform for expressing our views freely.

Well, you are correct that many subjects are repeated in discussions.This is because of new members who join start the subject for discussion. It is only fair that they should be allowed to express their views.
My experience is that serious subjects do not have many participants. I am a serious type participant, I go through many source materials before I enter a thread. It gives me an opportunity to expand my knowledge.
I can tell there are quite a number of members who enrich discussions by sharing their rich knowledge and experience.
I can assure that you will certainly get involved as the time goes.

Regards
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Mr Brahmanyan

I have always liked your thoughtful and informative posts.

Thanks for your comments. I was tied up with some work related items and it was nice to read your post.

Regards

Good point. I will start a thread as well !
I hope I do not become like you posting something or the other every hour LoL

It would be very nice of a-TBji to let the members here know what things should one post on and at what intervals as it appears she/he has some secret knowledge about this.

TBji, please share that secret with us.

LOL.

It would be very nice of a-TBji to let the members here know what things should one post on and at what intervals as it appears she/he has some secret knowledge about this.

TBji, please share that secret with us.

LOL.

OK, here is the secret.
The bar for posting anything must be very high. It has to have useful content delivered in a respectful and professional manner.

The members here have to enforce this and not require forum owner or moderator for such things.

Imagine one of us is asked to deliver a TED talk and the person is asking all of us for sincere help and input. Each post must think what its value is for such a talk before posting !

Wow, how did you even do it? In addition to the censor board, now you are the forum librarian as well!
Dear Biswa Sir,

What for do we have Google search? :)

Left click and drag the mouse to select a line or two from the message; Right click on the selected lines

and Left click on 'Search Google for " - - - - ". So easy to get the source / sources !
icon3.png

OK, here is the secret.
The bar for posting anything must be very high. It has to have useful content delivered in a respectful and professional manner.

The members here have to enforce this and not require forum owner or moderator for such things.

Imagine one of us is asked to deliver a TED talk and the person is asking all of us for sincere help and input. Each post must think what its value is for such a talk before posting !

Okay. I sort of understand though it is all at a very high level in the clouds. Thanks. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back