• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Enge Brahmanana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it has become crystal clear no one is making use of my thread

"Pairs of look alike / sound alike words."

I had spent hours in locating these words and yet my dear friends do not find time

to spare a few minutes in reading them and making use of them, so that my pain

does not go entirely in vain!
:welcome:

I studied in a village Panchaayat school, where everything was taught in Tamil.

Does this fact enhance or diminish the value of my threads?
:juggle:

I am thankful to members for their very valuable contribution on the subject. I am impressed with the deep knowledge of our members. While it was extremely useful and important to have a clarification of who a brahmin is, it is more important to follow brahminism. From various quotes and intrepretations in this thread, it is clear that a brahmin has to follow high moral standards and also has to perform religious duties (like doing nityakarma, reading vedas, spreading the message of vedas and other sacred texts, etc.). Let us now conclude on the defenition of the term 'brahmin' and instead focus our energy to follow these high principles in our daily life. Let us resolve that we would do our elders proud and hand over a rich tradition and sense of pride to our future generations. It is time at least people born as brahmins live as brahmins.

Loka samasta sukhino bavantu.

Now it has become crystal clear no one is making use of my thread

"Pairs of look alike / sound alike words."

I had spent hours in locating these words and yet my dear friends do not find time

to spare a few minutes in reading them and making use of them, so that my pain

does not go entirely in vain!
:welcome:

I studied in a village Panchaayat school, where everything was taught in Tamil.

Does this fact enhance or diminish the value of my threads?
:juggle:
Dear sister,

Though we read all the words, it is difficult to remember everything we read!

The dictionary comes in handy, when we wish to refer to a particular word.

The Tamil medium during school days does not affect the proficiency one gets later on in one's life. Don't you think so?

Best wishes...........

I am thankful to members for their very valuable contribution on the subject. I am impressed with the deep knowledge of our members. While it was extremely useful and important to have a clarification of who a brahmin is, it is more important to follow brahminism. From various quotes and intrepretations in this thread, it is clear that a brahmin has to follow high moral standards and also has to perform religious duties (like doing nityakarma, reading vedas, spreading the message of vedas and other sacred texts, etc.). Let us now conclude on the defenition of the term 'brahmin' and instead focus our energy to follow these high principles in our daily life. Let us resolve that we would do our elders proud and hand over a rich tradition and sense of pride to our future generations. It is time at least people born as brahmins live as brahmins.

Dear friend,

Once again, I wish to tell you that living a life of a brahmin, as defined by elders, is very difficult these days.

If a brahmin is able to live at least like the 'அந்தணன்', defined by TiruvaLLuvar, doing good deeds, refusing meat, leading his live in the righteous path and do the 'sandhya vandhanam' at least once a day, we should all be happy about it!

Regards,
Raji Ram

I am sure most of the people, even if not all the people, in our age group

had their Primary, Secondary and High School education in Non-English

medium.

So obviously we have all evolved satisfactorily
and successfully
:cool:

- after we left the school and on our own hard work and efforts!
:mod:

I studied standard 1 to 5 in a Corporation school, std 6-12 in a board school both in Tamil medium. Thanks to my English teacher Mr.K.Krishnamurthy in std 10, I learnt English grammar. Developed love for the language and went on to even teach English grammar on a part time basis to professional students (CAs) and employed people. I have written poems in English and have got them published in our office magazine when I was working in India. I am not boasting. What I want to say is that everything is possible. Past is necessarily not an indication for future.

As Sri Haridasa Siva has pointed out it is not necessary to study in English medium schools only to succeed in life. Hard work and dedication to the cause will bring success with God's Grace, added as a bonus!

I studied in the village Panchayat school between years 1 and 5. From year 6, I went to Don Bosco High School; it was Tamil medium. I learned English in year 10 from Mr.P.Sambandham. His teaching was so good, I used to share my grammer notes with year 11 students from other schools. I did not study any Bachelor's degree (I completed my first bachelor's degree, last year,after a full time 3 years study).

Cheers!

Dear Mr. Raghy (another Mr. R.R. :)?!)

Obviously you are planning to secure more degrees,

since you have spoken of your first degree.

All the best for the future degrees!

with warm regards,
V.R.

referring various letters, I too studied in a municipal school from 1st to 4th, 5th to 11th in a secondary high school in Kumbakonam. there was a separate subject englishto study. honestly I couldnt grasp the language. after leaving the school I could not even speak one sentence properly in english. so, I improved my english knowledge skills only through reading english newspapaers and reading books- novels, fictions, poem etc by author-wise. what I mean to say is everything is achievable if you have will.

hi all,
i studied in veda patasala with sanskrit is main language.....i did four masters and a ph.d through english medium.....even i tried six masters...

i was only student in ph.d in sanskrit department....even i had problem to get a guide in ph.d to do in english.....everybody does in hindi/

sanskrit medium for research in sanskrit....but i tried and published in english....by god's grace i got a nice guide in university of delhi...

its based on interest and god's grace.....now im in USA ...purely a english based country.....just info....i did masters in sanskrit/

education/library and computer science/MBA and philosophy.....

regards
tbs

Last edited:
hi all,
i studied in veda patasala with sanskrit is main language.....i did four masters and a ph.d through english medium.....even i tried six masters...

i was only student in ph.d in sanskrit department....even i had problem to get a guide in ph.d to do in english.....everybody does in hindi/

sanskrit medium for research in sanskrit....but i tried and published in english....by god's grace i got a nice guide in university of delhi...

its based on interest and god's grace.....now im in USA ...purely a english based country.....just info....i did masters in sanskrit/

education/library and computer science/MBA and philosophy.....

regards
tbs

Dear Sri tbs,

Wonderful achievement for an individual.
God Bless you with long life of good health and prosperity to continue in your journey of seeking knowledge.
Wishing you all the Best,

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Great Tbs. You are an inspiration for all of us. That great things are possible by us, homo sapiens. Your great educational achievements make me feel that I should also emulate you in some way, ...get another degree soon, though I am yet to decide what it should be. I hope I would be able to accomplish this as soon as I could possibly can. I am already on the wrong side of my 50s.

By the way, I also graduated from Delhi University. It is one of India's good universities.

Best wishes to you, Tbs. And all the Contributors on this thread. I enjoyed going through it. Thank you all.

Kgpal

hi
Thank u V R...shri brhamanyan sir and kgpal....infact only education is the only asset for any normal middle class tambram....becoz

parents always insist on education...especially in lower middle class family...so EDUCATION IS ALWAYS ASSET... not liability....according

to manu....ADYANAM ADYAAPANAM CA BRAHMANANAAAM......so we altry to excel in education and teaching....its our herditary....

regards
tbs

Dear Mr. tbs,

If I were you, I will think twice or may be thrice, before quoting Manu!
:nono:

Our (middle class brahmins') assets, property and wealth is only the

education we
have. At least Goddess Saraswathi has been kind to us all

along.
:hail:

with warm regards,
V.R.

Last edited:
When we read all the recents posts in this thread, the bottomline is clear. No matter which medium one studies in; no matter which place one studies, it is one's will that shapes one's knowledge and character. Again, Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam is a good example.

ref.28, Dear Sri Haridasa Siva, I fully endorseyour views. it is difficult toborn in brahmin family; it is said that it takes generations for a person to born in a brahmin family. I play with words (excuse me, Mr Siva)therefore, it is high time people born in brahmin family(since I think nobody is born as brahmin, pardon me Mr Siva) should try to live as brahmins. to initiate I will do my best although it is hurculian task. God help us God save us

Dear Shri.Sudeshwar,
I have also heard people saying like this often.I have read in my childhood that to be born as a Human Being in this universe is great.
Is there any scriptural evidence in support of your statement.Please do not misunderstand me.Just for my knowledge sake.

Dear Shri.Sudeshwar,
I have also heard people saying like this often.I have read in my childhood that to be born as a Human Being in this universe is great.
Is there any scriptural evidence in support of your statement.Please do not misunderstand me.Just for my knowledge sake.

is "life" not equally vauable to every living thing? where is higher and lower in this?

There is no higher or lower form of living.

There is no superior or inferior form of living either.

But there in one big difference which we can't overlook.

All the other living things stick to their internal programming a.k.a Instincts.

But man breaks away from this in trying to live by his Intelligence and there by causes irreversible changes in the world he lives.
:boom:

பல கருத்துக்கள் கூறப்பட்டிருக்கின்றன.
பழந்தமிழ் இலக்கண நூலான தொல்காப்பியம் மற்றும்
பழந்தமிழ் சங்க நூல்களை ஆராய்வோம்.
திருக்குறள் கடைச்சங்ககாலத்தின் இறுதியில் அரங்கேற்றம் கண்டது என்று
ஆராய்ச்சியாளர்கள் கூறுவர். அகத்தியம் தான் முதல் தமிழ் இலக்கண நூல் என்றும்
அது இன்று கிடைக்கவில்லை என்றும் கூறப்படுகிறது.அதை பின் தொடர்ந்து வந்த
தொல்காப்பியம் இன்று இருக்கிறது.
முதலில் தொல்காப்பியம் என்ன கூறுகிறது என்று பார்ப்போம்.

தொல்காப்பியம்
புறத்திணையியல் -ஸு-16

அறுவகைபட்ட பார்ப்பனப்பக்கமும்
ஐவகைமரபின் அரசர் பக்கமும்
இருமூன்று மரபின் எனோர் பக்கமும்
மறு இல் செய்தி மூவகை காலமும்
நெறியின் ஆற்றிய அறிவன் தேயமும்
நால் இரு வழக்கில் தாபகப் பக்கமும்
பால் அறி மரபின் பொருந்ர் கண்ணும்
அனை நிலை வகயொடு ஆங்கு எழு வகையான்
தொகை நிலை பெற்றது என்மனார் புலவர்

மரபியல் - ஸு-71
நூலேகரகம் முக்கோல் மணையே
ஆயுங்காலை அந்தணர்க்குரிய
படையும் கொடியுங் குடியும், முரசும்
நடைநவில் புரவியும்
, களிறுந்தேரும்
தாரும்
, முடியும் நேர்வன பிறவும்
தெரிவுகொள் செங்கோல் அரசர்க்குரிய
அந்தணளார்க்கு உரியது அரசர்க்கு
ஒன்றிய வருஉம் பொருளுமார் உளரே

பரிசில் பாடாண் திணைத்துறைக் கிழமைப்பெயர்
நெடுந்தகை செம்மல் என்று இவை பிறவும்
பொருந்தச்சொல்லுதல் அவர்க்கு உரித்தன்றே
ஊரும் பெயரும் உடய்த்தொழிற் கருவியும்
யாரும் சார்த்தி அவை அவை பெறுமே
தலமைக்குணச்சொல்லும் தம் தமக்கு உரிய
நிலைமைக்கு எற்ப நிகழ்த்துப என்ப
இடை இரு வகையார் அல்லது நாடின்
படை வகை பொறாஅர் என்மனார் புலவர்
வைசிகன் பெறுமே வாணிக வாழ்க்கை - 78
மெய் தெரி வகையின் எண் வகை உணவின்
செய்தியும் வரையார் அப்பாலான
. - 79
கண்ணியும் தாரும் எண்ணியர் ஆண்டே - 80
வேளாண் மாந்தாக்கு் உழுதூண் அல்லது
இல் என மொழிப பிற வகை நிகழ்ச்சி

வேந்து விடு தொழிலின் படையும் கண்ணியும்
வாய்ந்தனர் என்ப அவர் பெறும் பொருளே
அந்தணளார்க்கு அரசு வரைவு இன்றே - 83
வில்லும் வேலும் கழலும் கண்ணியும்
தாரும் மாலையும் தேரும் மாவும்
மன் பெரு மரபின் ஏனோர்க்கும் உரிய
அன்னர் ஆயினும் இழிந்தோருக்கு இல்லை - 85

குறிப்பு
இங்கு பல ஸுத்திரங்களால் நான்கு வகுப்புக்கள் குறிக்கப்பட்டன
அவை
- பார்ப்பனர்/அந்தணர்,அரசர்/மன்னர்,வைசிகன்,வேளாளர்
பூணூல்
(நூல்),கமண்டலம்(கரகம்),த்ரிதண்டம்(முக்கோல்),ஆஸனம்(மணை) அந்தணார்க்கு - 71 ஸ்ரீவைஷ்ணவ ஸன்னியாஸிகள் இன்றும் முக்கோல் ஏந்துகிறார்கள்
இவை அரசர்க்கும் உண்டு
பரிசில் பெறுவோர்,நெடுந்தகை,செம்மல் என அரசரை சொல்லலாம், அந்தணரை சொல்லக்கூடாது- 74
நான்கு வகுப்புக்களுக்கும் ஊர்ப்பெயர்,தொழில்,கருவி சேர்த்து சொல்லலாம் - 75
அரசர்,வைசிகன் - படை வகை உண்டு, ஏனயோர்க்கு இல்லை. - 77
எட்டு தான்யங்கள்-உற்பத்தி, விற்றல் வணிகர்க்கு உண்டு - 79
வேளாளர்க்கு உழுதல், அதைக்கொண்டு உண்பது, வேறு ஒன்றும் இல்லை - 81
அந்தணர்கள் அரசாளக்கூடாது. - 83
செல்வந்தராயினும் தன் வகுப்பு தொழிலை விட்டவர் இழிந்தோர் - 85
தர்ம சாஸ்த்ரங்களிலும் இவை(பதிதன்) சொல்லப்பட்டவையே

கற்பியல் - ஸூ-51
காமஞ்சான்ற கடைக்கோட்காலை
ஏமன்சென்ற மக்களொடு துவன்றி
அறம்புரி சுற்றமொடு கிழவனும் கிழத்தியும்
சிறந்தது பயிற்றல் இறந்ததன் பயனே
-இஙகு வானப்ப்ரஸ்த ஆஸ்ரம முறை சொல்லப்படடது.
புறத்திணையியல் -ஸு-16,17

நால் இரு வழக்கில் தாபகப் பக்கமும் - 16

அருளோடு புணர்ந்த அகற்சியானும் - 17

- துறவு பேசப்பட்ட்து

கற்பியல் ஸூ-1
கற்பெனப்படுவது கரணமொடு புணரக்
கொளற்குரிய மரபின் கிழவன் கிழத்தியை
கொடைக்குரி மரபினோர் கொடுப்ப கொள்வதுவே
-இங்கு தாய் தந்தை பெண்ணை கன்னிகாதானம் செய்யும் ப்ரகரணம் சொல்லப்பட்டது
களவியல் ஸூ-1
இன்பமும் பொருளும் அறனும் என்றாங்கு
அன்பொடு புணர்ந்த ஐந்திணை மருங்கின்
காமக் கூட்டங்காணுமங்காலை
மறையார் தேயத்து மன்றல் எட்டனுள்
துறையமை நல்வாழ்த் துணைமையோர் இயல்பே

-இங்கு தர்ம சாஸ்த்ரங்களில் கூறப்பட்ட எட்டு விவாஹ முறையும் அவற்றுள் காந்தர்வ விவாஹமும் பேசப்பட்டன

முன்னய மூன்றும் கைக்கிளை குறிப்பே - 14
பின்னர் நான்கும் பெருந்திணை பெறுமே - 15
-:ப்ராஹ்மம்,ப்ராஜாபத்யம்,ஆர்ஷ்ம்,தெய்வம் முதலியவை அறம் என்றும்,
-ஆஸுரம்,ராக்ஷஸம்,பைஸாசம் முதலியவை செய்யத்தகாதவை என்றும் கூறுகிறார்.

மேலோர் மூவர்ககும் புணர்ந்த கரணம்
கீழோர்க்கு ஆகிய காலமும் உண்டே
- கற்பியல் - 3
-அந்தணர்,அரசர்,வணிகர்க்கு உரிய முறைகள் வேளாளர்களுக்கும்
ஏற்பட்டது

பொய்யும் வழுவும் தோன்றிய பின்னர்
ஐயர் யாத்தனர் கரணம் என்ப
(கற்பு - 4)

-பொய் கூறுதல், சொன்ன பேச்சைக் காபாற்றதல்- முதலிய காரணங்களால்
அந்தணர் வைதீகச்சடங்கை வகுத்தனர்

பிறப்பே குடிமை ஆண்மை ஆண்டொடு
உருவு
, நிறுத்த காமவாயில்
நிறையே
,அருளே, உணர்வொடு திருவென
முறையுறக்கிளன்த ஒப்பினது வகையே
- மெய்ப்பாட்டு இயல் - 25

-
இங்கு தலைவன் தலைவியரின் தகுதியைக் கூறுமிடத்து பத்து வித ஒற்றுமையில்
பிறப்பையும் ஒரு ஒற்றுமையாக்குகிறார்
. பிறப்பு என்பதற்கு அந்தணர்,அரசர்,வணிகர்,குறவர்,
கூறுவர்,வேடுவர் போன்ற குலத்தை குறிப்பிடுவதாக இளம்பூரணர் கூறுகிறார்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back