• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

drinking raw egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All

I have one (brahmin) girl friend who loves drinking பச்சை முட்டை!!! She says that it is particularly soothing after having something very hot like some dishes with மிளகைப்பொடி or வத்தக்கொழம்பு rice!!! (Oh, forgot to mention, soothing if it is from the fridge!) :)

What do you guys (here guys means both men and women) think?! Have anyone of you experienced it? If so what do you have to say?

Kind regards

This (drinking raw egg) is a very common practice among NB Keralites. Bs used to resort to this (hidden from public eye) when some one (especially youngster) was very lean and/or weak or was found to have consumption-like disease by the ayurvedic vaidyans. In the last case, ayurvedic medicines also will be taken. But I doubt whether the "consumption" which was talked about in those days was TB (tuberculosis) as we know it today.

I know of Tabra boys who grew drinking raw eggs because they were very poor to afford nutritious veg. food, and, they had to do lot of non-brahmin physical hard work to sustain themselves in their school days.

I do not know the taste but I cannot stand even the sight of someone breaking and drinking egg.

when i was young, i remember my dad having raw egg beaten with milk, which he used to drink one shot, nose closed, like poison :)

dad was essentially of weak health, and in order to boost his immunities, the famiily doc suggested a daily dose of eggs. i was only around 6 at that time, and dad late twenties. fresh egg used to be delivered early morning by the back door.

i remember mum keeping a separate glass and spoon for this purpose and these were never mixed with the rest of the utensils.

i think my parents considered it a shameful thing, for years later, when i brought it up in a conversation, i was ignored.

looking at the title of the thread, i was wondering if there really was a 'green' egg as opposed to other colours ;)

Hello Valliji,
I had the Bad experience of Raw egg.In my twenties when I took R.Egg and did exercises as suggested by friends.The result was Indigestion and Dehydration.Then I consulted A doctor who advised me to go for Boiled Egg.
I think Raw egg won't be acceptable for Digestion system for some.
Alwan

When i was in Nagpur visiting relatives some years back my Aunty was giving raw egg with hot milk to my cousin as she was going to be married soon. Apparently its great for the skin, complexion and health. So my sister and I were forced into this regiment? routine? whatever you call it daily for as long as were were in Nagpur, about 12 days in all. Disgusting! Oh yeah they added kesar (saffron) in the milk as well...as if it was a big help/difference. Still tasted awful. I remember us puking and my sister pretending to faint as well to escape this torture!

While growing up my father forced us to eat eggs every other day. I can't remember too much of it but i was around 4/5/6. I never liked it and used to wail and dinnertime was an ordeal for all. It stopped after a couple of years thankfully.

best antacid for me is raw eggs,but my cholesterol went up shooting :(

raw eggs/ half boiled/ bulls eye/under cooked, may carry Salmonella enteritidis / Tuberculosis , passed down through hen.

how about trying mayonnaise? a colloidal form of egg and edible fat..

When I was younger I used to eat half boiled egg with a sprinkle of sugar everyday.... very yummy!

Because of cholesterol, I quit eating eggs regularly! Too bad!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

hi
in cold winter.....in delhi.....half boiled egg is very famous in nook /corner,,,,with masala/salt..its favorite dish for delhites

including TBs in cold evenings....

regards
tbs

I do not know the taste but I cannot stand even the sight of someone breaking and drinking egg.
:)

Dear Shri Sangom

I have seen this friend of mine just gulp the egg and also comment that the yolk part which follows the white is yummier! :) She is one good-hearted but dare devil friend of mine!

Kind regards

looking at the title of the thread, i was wondering if there really was a 'green' egg as opposed to other colours

Dear Kunjuppu

The eggs of Emu and Cassowary are indeed green coloured ones though the shades may vary from light green to dark green!

And coming to think of it - I grew up all my life seeing only white (shelled) eggs. The first time I came across brown (shelled) egss, I was very surprised and had to check two, three times whether they were really chicken eggs!

My husband seeing my utter surprise casually remarked that நாட்டுக்கோழி முட்டை are usually brown ones!

Kind regards

When i was in Nagpur visiting relatives some years back my Aunty was giving raw egg with hot milk to my cousin as she was going to be married soon. Apparently its great for the skin, complexion and health. So my sister and I were forced into this regiment? routine? whatever you call it daily for as long as were were in Nagpur, about 12 days in all. Disgusting! Oh yeah they added kesar (saffron) in the milk as well...as if it was a big help/difference. Still tasted awful. I remember us puking and my sister pretending to faint as well to escape this torture!

While growing up my father forced us to eat eggs every other day. I can't remember too much of it but i was around 4/5/6. I never liked it and used to wail and dinnertime was an ordeal for all. It stopped after a couple of years thankfully.

That's very cute and so funny Amala :)

Love

raw eggs/ half boiled/ bulls eye/under cooked, may carry Salmonella enteritidis / Tuberculosis , passed down through hen.

how about trying mayonnaise? a colloidal form of egg and edible fat..

Dear Shiv

Mayonnaise is made from either whole egg (raw) or egg yolk (raw)! If not handled properly or stored at the right temperature Salmonella will very eaily grow in it! It is one of the food which falls under 'Potentially hazardous food' category!

Kind regards

A word of advise..Dont ever eat eggs uncooked.
Raw egg white contains Avidin that binds to Biotin(one of the Vit B complex group) and prevents its absorption in the gastro intestinal tract.

So what ever eggs you guys want to take..make sure its at least 1/2 boiled cos even mild heating destroys Avidin so 1/2 boiled eggs are safe to consume.

Dear Kunjuppu

The eggs of Emu and Cassowary are indeed green coloured ones though the shades may vary from light green to dark green!

And coming to think of it - I grew up all my life seeing only white (shelled) eggs. The first time I came across brown (shelled) egss, I was very surprised and had to check two, three times whether they were really chicken eggs!

My husband seeing my utter surprise casually remarked that நாட்டுக்கோழி முட்டை are usually brown ones!

Kind regards

I only saw white colored eggs in India.In Malaysia all eggs are reddish brown from the farm.
It differs from chicken to chicken and from country to country.

Dear Friends

I just came to think of it - I am sort of too embarressed to give 'like' to you all (girls/ladies included) since it has 'love heart' symbol with it! :shocked:

But even though it is a two way road, I am more than happy to receive 'like' from you ALL! ;)

Even though it would seem like you all 'Love' me - I don't mind!!!

I would even thank you guys for having given me a 'like'!!!!!!!!!:dance:

Kind regards

:)

Dear Shri Sangom

I have seen this friend of mine just gulp the egg and also comment that the yolk part which follows the white is yummier! :) She is one good-hearted but dare devil friend of mine!

Kind regards

As you know, almost all our tastes are cultivated during the course of our formative years. As children we do not usually get overtaken by "fashion", "the in-thing", etc., and after we cross the age of 25-30, very rarely our ego allows us to change our tastes. But necessity and hunger together change our taste buds and the brain activity.

Since I have been a true Tabra for most of my life, eating eggs was not for me, but during my working years, I have got accustomed to non-veg eaters sharing the same table. I am told that nowadays many tabra households routinely buy eggs from the shops and make omelettes for morning breakfast, just as we (and I mostly prefer) dosai ;) My three sons were never given eggs by us but once they left school, we stopped interfering in what they eat and all that.

Dear Kunjuppu

Kind regards

emu eggs and emu farms are growing very fast in TN as per Podhigai programmes.

As you know, almost all our tastes are cultivated during the course of our formative years. As children we do not usually get overtaken by "fashion", "the in-thing", etc., and after we cross the age of 25-30, very rarely our ego allows us to change our tastes. But necessity and hunger together change our taste buds and the brain activity.

Since I have been a true Tabra for most of my life, eating eggs was not for me, but during my working years, I have got accustomed to non-veg eaters sharing the same table. I am told that nowadays many tabra households routinely buy eggs from the shops and make omelettes for morning breakfast, just as we (and I mostly prefer) dosai ;) My three sons were never given eggs by us but once they left school, we stopped interfering in what they eat and all that.

Dear Shri Sangom

Permit me to say this - I actually very much disliked (hated) you some time last year! But I truly admire and like you now! :)

With lots of respects

Valli

Dear Friends

I just came to think of it - I am sort of too embarressed to give 'like' to you all (girls/ladies included) since it has 'love heart' symbol with it! :shocked:...

Hi Mrs. Valli! I am surprised to see this note from you, because you have given nearly 200 more 'like's than you

have received! Probably you have seen one of my replies in another thread? :noidea:

The forum members may note that I hesitate even now to give a 'like's and prefer to reply, if I like something!
And now .... :focus:

Raw Egg and Boiled Egg are good for health as they have high calorific value. After consuming Egg in general and Raw Egg in particular acidity may occur but egg is not always the culprit. If the stomach is accustomed, egg will not cause acidity. Drinking plenty of water after consuming egg would neutralize the acidity. It is best to mix raw egg with hot sweetened milk. The white in boiled egg is rich in proteins and is consumed by body builders after a long workout. The yellow could cause cholesterol if the body is not proportionately exercised. An egg a day coupled with appropriate exercise would keep many a muscle and bone ailment away.

Hi Mrs. Valli! I am surprised to see this note from you, because you have given nearly 200 more 'like's than you

have received! Probably you have seen one of my replies in another thread? :noidea:

The forum members may note that I hesitate even now to give a 'like's and prefer to reply, if I like something!
And now .... :focus:

Oh! How come you know that I have given nearly 200 more likes than I have recieved??? :)

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back