• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

drinking raw egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
​Very easy! Just have to click your profile page!! :ranger: . . :spy:

Good!!!!

So do you wonder why I don't like to give 'like' even to girl/lady/women members but still would like to get 'like's from them and also from male members??

Kind regards

Dear Shri Sangom

Permit me to say this - I actually very much disliked (hated) you some time last year! But I truly admire and like you now! :)

With lots of respects

Valli

Smt. Valli,

Whatever my shortcoming was, which made you dislike (hate) me, I am very sorry for that and apologize. And I am very glad that you have such an open attitude to change from hate to like! As Shri Kunjuppu says "hate what a person writes, but love / respect the person".

........... So do you wonder why I don't like to give 'like' even to girl/lady/women members but still would like to get 'like's from them and also from male members??

I wonder how you suddenly feel like NOT giving likes, after giving a generous 500 + so far!! Good luck... R R :thumb:

உணவு பழக்கம் அவரவர் வளர்ப்புக்கேற்ப அமைகிறது . நான் முடிந்தவரை வள்ளுவப்பெருமகனார் கூறியுள்ளபடி கொல்லாமையை அனுசரித்துவருகிறேன்.

அறவினை யாதெனில் கொல்லாமை கோறல்
பிறவினை எல்லாம் தரும்.

அறமாகிய செயல் எது என்றால் ஒரு உயிரையும் கொல்லாமையாகும், கொல்லுதல் அறமல்லாத செயல்கள் எல்லாவற்றையும் விளைக்கும்.

பகுத்துண்டு பல்லுயிர் ஓம்புதல் நூலோர்
தொகுத்தவற்றுள் எல்லாம் தலை.

கிடைத்ததைப் பகுந்து கொடுத்துத் தானும் உண்டு பல உயிர்களையும் காப்பாற்றுதல் அறநூலார் தொகுத்த அறங்கள் எல்லாவற்றிலும் தலையான அறமாகும்.

நல்லாசிகள் ,
ப்ரஹ்மண்யன்,
பெங்களூர்

உணவு பழக்கம் அவரவர் வளர்ப்புக்கேற்ப அமைகிறது . நான் முடிந்தவரை வள்ளுவப்பெருமகனார் கூறியுள்ளபடி கொல்லாமையை அனுசரித்துவருகிறேன்............

Respected Sir,

Now the thread may take a new twist. One does not kill a life, if it happens to be a

சைவ முட்டை - vegetarian egg! :hungry:

Everyone should know what it is!!

Regards,
Raji Ram

Drinking raw egg

Respected Sir,

Now the thread may take a new twist. One does not kill a life, if it happens to be a

சைவ முட்டை - vegetarian egg! :hungry:

Everyone should know what it is!!

Regards,
Raji Ram

Dear Mrs Raji Ram,

I never wanted to enter into this thread for discussion. Now that your comments on Vegetarian Eggs have invited me with the new twist, to give my other reasons. I do not know whether you have seen the hatcheries where these eggs are produced. I have been to very well maintained air-conditioned hatchery near Muscat in Oman. When I saw the conditions in which thousands of hens cramped up in "battery cages" in the egg laying factory for years to produce the "vegetarian eggs" I felt highly disturbed and question came to my mind, how could a civilized species of homo sapiens inflict such inhuman treatment on other helpless living beings? By this I do not go into the merits and demerits of vegetarianism. My comment is confined to "vegetarian eggs" only.

I request you to open the following website to see more about these hatcheries. Please note that the pictures may be disturbing:
The Chicken - All Creatures Animal Exploitation Photo Gallery
http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/chicken.html
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Smt. Valli,

Whatever my shortcoming was, which made you dislike (hate) me, I am very sorry for that and apologize. And I am very glad that you have such an open attitude to change from hate to like! As Shri Kunjuppu says "hate what a person writes, but love / respect the person".

Dear Shri Sangom

You are a truly great Person! I admire and respect you even more!

Very kind regards

valli

i miss the பச்சை முட்டை title to this thread :( why did you have it changed? :)

Dear Kunjuppu

You ask me??!! You should indeed be asking our dear Praveen!! Even I was surprised this morning to find the title changed!

Love
Valli

P.S. Dear Praveen, I don't mind a bit, infact it looks even better!

Dear Kunjuppu

You ask me??!! You should indeed be asking our dear Praveen!! Even I was surprised this morning to find the title changed!

Love
Valli

P.S. Dear Praveen, I don't mind a bit, infact it looks even better!

valli,

had praveen transliterated to 'green egg', i would have found it worthwhile atleast for a laugh. 'raw egg' is too clinically correct and boring.

i think :)

valli,

had praveen transliterated to 'green egg', i would have found it worthwhile atleast for a laugh. 'raw egg' is too clinically correct and boring.

i think :)

My dear Kunjuppu

So, what is the transliteration for 'green egg'? Is it something funny? Please, share it with us!

Love

Last edited:
My dear Kunjuppu

So, what is the transliteration for 'green egg'? Is it something funny? Please, share it with us!

Love

transliteration, or what i know it to be, is typing in one language, the words of the other.

Type in Tamil - Google Transliteration

if you go to the url, type 'pachchai muttai', it comes up in tamil as பச்சை முட்டை.

my attempt at humour, has obviously failed :( ... i was suggesting praveen type.. oh forget it!!!

transliteration, or what i know it to be, is typing in one language, the words of the other.

Type in Tamil - Google Transliteration

if you go to the url, type 'pachchai muttai', it comes up in tamil as பச்சை முட்டை.

my attempt at humour, has obviously failed :( ... i was suggesting praveen type.. oh forget it!!![/QUOTEbb]

My Dear Kunjuppu

According to me even your obvious faliure is "Imayamalai Vettri"! :hug:

You are one true GENTLEMAN according to me!!

Love

valli

i miss the பச்சை முட்டை title to this thread :( why did you have it changed? :)

even i was about to write the same..

certain words gives a thrill, only when expressed in local verbatim and dialects.
since its translated to English, there is a hitch..

how can one 'drink' raw egg.. may be 'gulp'/eat/deglutition/swallow/ eating or any other apt term available, if some one could help me here.. any term of referring 'drink' follows a 'sip', and i feel 'eating' would be the right verb, than drinking.

we don't drink soup, rather 'eat' soup. thats what the book of dinning etiquette calls for.

here is an anecdote about translation in english.

in early stages of automobile revolution, there was a fight between the german and the brits, and americans, on how to call the windscreen as..

Amercians said, we are the one to invent the safety feature of it, so we call is as 'safety glass'. the germans said, we invented the car, so we own the right to name the parts , so be called as 'front glass'.. the brit said, i have the right to reject both of your nomenclature, cos we brits invented English!!.

confusion every where..

btw, i was wondering, is it easy for ourselves change the title of the thread? if so, how?

1. how can one 'drink' raw egg..
2. btw, i was wondering, is it easy for ourselves change the title of the thread? if so, how?
Answers:

1. Probably, it is captioned 'drinking...' because, in Tamil, people say 'muttai kudi!'

2. The title can change, only if the moderator wishes to change it! :thumb:

Answers:

1. Probably, it is captioned 'drinking...' because, in Tamil, people say 'muttai kudi!'

2. The title can change, only if the moderator wishes to change it! :thumb:

In Malayalam also the usage is "pacca muṭṭa kuṭikkuka" (drinking raw eggs) though sometimes the usage "pacca muṭṭa tinnu" is also seen.

hi
thread ippothu tamil/malayalam ilakkanam varai vanthu vitthathu.................engeyo arambichu....engayo mudiyuthu.....besh...besh...

regards
tbs

As you know, almost all our tastes are cultivated during the course of our formative years. As children we do not usually get overtaken by "fashion", "the in-thing", etc., and after we cross the age of 25-30, very rarely our ego allows us to change our tastes. But necessity and hunger together change our taste buds and the brain activity.

Since I have been a true Tabra for most of my life, eating eggs was not for me, but during my working years, I have got accustomed to non-veg eaters sharing the same table. I am told that nowadays many tabra households routinely buy eggs from the shops and make omelettes for morning breakfast, just as we (and I mostly prefer) dosai ;) My three sons were never given eggs by us but once they left school, we stopped interfering in what they eat and all that.

I am told about an NRI Couple who break eggs for their guest at home and prepare a quick snack out of it, just like we in our days are used to serving guests a quick upma, Add to that a quick beer from the refrigerator for interested guests. It seems this couple in their thirties still continue to believe in caste and sub-caste. Me a critic of brahmins , considered anti-brahmin here, still confine myself to an eggless diet. What an Irony.

Dear Subuddu ji,

You wrote :
Me a critic of brahmins , considered anti-brahmin here, still confine myself to an eggless diet. What an Irony.

You know i dont really think that anyone in Forum thinks of you as anti anything.
Each one of us have our own style of writing and you are unique thats all.

Just a point to share even though I am a pure veg who doesnt even use silk or leather..i still dont really feel my diet and lifestyle puts me in any better off position cos I have met many people who are non veg and eat everything that back bone faces the sun and yet have virtues much better off to me in countless ways.

Sometimes I wonder if diet really makes a difference at all to our thoughts.

hi
thread ippothu tamil/malayalam ilakkanam varai vanthu vitthathu.................engeyo arambichu....engayo mudiyuthu.....besh...besh...
Variety makes life interesting, right! In every thread this happens.... making it like a thriller movie!! :scared:
If you permit me to say this..... engEyO Arambichchu engEyO poguthu!! (it is not yet over)
:juggle:

Dear Subuddu ji,

You wrote :

You know i dont really think that anyone in Forum thinks of you as anti anything.
Each one of us have our own style of writing and you are unique thats all.

Just a point to share even though I am a pure veg who doesnt even use silk or leather..i still dont really feel my diet and lifestyle puts me in any better off position cos I have met many people who are non veg and eat everything that back bone faces the sun and yet have virtues much better off to me in countless ways.

Sometimes I wonder if diet really makes a difference at all to our thoughts.
Just to add let us remember that vegetarianism in India is an uppercaste practice. In Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan even kshatriyas are vegetarians. But you would seldom see an untouchable or very low caste in India being vegetarians. Also south India is less vegetarian (except for some castes again ) than the north with the exception of certain regions in India. In India for long superiority complex has been ingrained among the vegetarians.

Vivekananda and Shiridi Sai Baba who is revered by most people here were not vegetarians.

Having sald all this, why am I vegetarians. Firstly family background. If I had even taken to eating eggs I would have been most likely considered untouchable by certain family members who lived at that time, most have disappeared now. But I believe in the concept of vegetarianism because that is what I am used to.
I have carried unconsciously/consciously certain attitudes remenant of superiority complex. But as a brahmin it is impossible to be ritualistic and a total animal friendly lifestyle. The madisars worn by brahmin women and the frequently used silk dhotis are from silk which is based on violence. Leather is seldom avoided in modern households, though I am not aware of the past. Many vegetarians and casteists here I am sure continue to use either silk or leather or both. Good leather would mean they come from animals specifically killed for the leather. Dont be surprised even if the vehicles that carry some holy men also contain leather. Upanayanams and Marriages two most sacred occasions are contaminated by cow slaughter. Many medicines like capsules are based on animal product.It is thus impossible to be a true animal lover if one wants to enjoy modern life and comforts.

It is thus impossible and very wrong to hold on to holier than thou attitude, because one is a vegetarian. I do tend to rationalize to myself that I feel more peaceful staying away from as much violence as possible. Does the food we eat make us better people. I think it all depends on the way the food we eat is earned. Many Jains some of whom are my friends inspite of their totally stringent food style are no close to god or goodness than others. In all everybody must keep a sumcheck at the bottom row of their excel sheet. It is the sum of our entire life, that matters. Being a worthless fellow eating only vegetarian food is going to make the sum still look ZERO. However regardless of food eaten, if a person has made worthwhile contributions to society his sum is very high. It is that which can make life fulfilling!

Just to add let us remember that vegetarianism in India is an uppercaste practice. In Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan even kshatriyas are vegetarians. But you would seldom see an untouchable or very low caste in India being vegetarians. Also south India is less vegetarian (except for some castes again ) than the north with the exception of certain regions in India. In India for long superiority complex has been ingrained among the vegetarians.

Vivekananda and Shiridi Sai Baba who is revered by most people here were not vegetarians.

Having sald all this, why am I vegetarians. Firstly family background. If I had even taken to eating eggs I would have been most likely considered untouchable by certain family members who lived at that time, most have disappeared now. But I believe in the concept of vegetarianism because that is what I am used to.
I have carried unconsciously/consciously certain attitudes remenant of superiority complex. But as a brahmin it is impossible to be ritualistic and a total animal friendly lifestyle. The madisars worn by brahmin women and the frequently used silk dhotis are from silk which is based on violence. Leather is seldom avoided in modern households, though I am not aware of the past. Many vegetarians and casteists here I am sure continue to use either silk or leather or both. Good leather would mean they come from animals specifically killed for the leather. Dont be surprised even if the vehicles that carry some holy men also contain leather. Upanayanams and Marriages two most sacred occasions are contaminated by cow slaughter. Many medicines like capsules are based on animal product.It is thus impossible to be a true animal lover if one wants to enjoy modern life and comforts.

It is thus impossible and very wrong to hold on to holier than thou attitude, because one is a vegetarian. I do tend to rationalize to myself that I feel more peaceful staying away from as much violence as possible. Does the food we eat make us better people. I think it all depends on the way the food we eat is earned. Many Jains some of whom are my friends inspite of their totally stringent food style are no close to god or goodness than others. In all everybody must keep a sumcheck at the bottom row of their excel sheet. It is the sum of our entire life, that matters. Being a worthless fellow eating only vegetarian food is going to make the sum still look ZERO. However regardless of food eaten, if a person has made worthwhile contributions to society his sum is very high. It is that which can make life fulfilling!

You know in the part of the world where I stay being a vegetarian is sometimes looked down upon.

Countless times at medical talks during dinner I have had people tell me point blank on my face that I am trying to save money by being a vegetarian and many female doctors think that I am veg becos I want to remain slim.

Being vegetarian here is not easy.You just have to answer countless questions why when you are a Non Brahmin one is still vegetarian cos Non Brahmins here think that only Brahmins are supposed to be vegetarian and not anyone else.

So any social events becomes a big headache here especially medical talks so most of the while I leave before the dinner is served cos sometimes people ridicule Non Brahmin vegetarians.

Like I had once a fellow doctor who put on my plate vegetables from a chicken dish he picked up with his own fork and spoon he was eating with.
He actually told me to eat the vegetables he had placed on my plate and i got real uneasy that he had done that cos that vegetables were soaked in chicken soup.

And further more he used his own fork and spoon which he was eating with.
So I ordered a new meal for myself and all other senior doctors told me later that i was insulting to a person who had placed vegetables on my plate and also said that its was only soaked in chicken soup so why did i need to order new food.

I was thinking anyway that guy wasnt any Maman or Machan to me to share same food.

You know in the part of the world where I stay being a vegetarian is sometimes looked down upon.

Countless times at medical talks during dinner I have had people tell me point blank on my face that I am trying to save money by being a vegetarian and many female doctors think that I am veg becos I want to remain slim.

Being vegetarian here is not easy.You just have to answer countless questions why when you are a Non Brahmin one is still vegetarian cos Non Brahmins here think that only Brahmins are supposed to be vegetarian and not anyone else.

So any social events becomes a big headache here especially medical talks so most of the while I leave before the dinner is served cos sometimes people ridicule Non Brahmin vegetarians.

Like I had once a fellow doctor who put on my plate vegetables from a chicken dish he picked up with his own fork and spoon he was eating with.
He actually told me to eat the vegetables he had placed on my plate and i got real uneasy that he had done that cos that vegetables were soaked in chicken soup.

And further more he used his own fork and spoon which he was eating with.
So I ordered a new meal for myself and all other senior doctors told me later that i was insulting to a person who had placed vegetables on my plate and also said that its was only soaked in chicken soup so why did i need to order new food.

I was thinking anyway that guy wasnt any Maman or Machan to me to share same food.
Lot of it is cultural. In America your attitude would not be considered offensive as people believe in individual privacy and politeness.
In the place that I live brahmins are usually non vegetarians and very rarely vegetarians unless they are into some religious deeksha or are widows or for health reasons. My vegetarian notions are hence considered a non native behavior and rather not considered offensively as a casteist practice.

The next time these uncomfortable questions are thrown to you, tell them that you are a believer in Mahavira and Ramalingar. Tell them saivism means saivam and that these practices came before caste.
Regards

personally, i think today's north america and europe too maybe, are a vegetarians' delight.

in 1973, when i first came to canada, i had a chance meeting with one of my professiors, who seeing my meagre cart, and with no meat in it, asked me semi mockingly, if i was a vegetarian?

today, the attitude has changed, and in many white families i know, there is in oddball vegan, vegetarian or folks who live on raw foods & nuts.

but for the average indian vegetarian, there is a whole new world of other cuisines, which our parents were not aware.

one can cook excellent mexican and italian foods, with absolutely no meat. then there is the healthiest way to cook, flash heat of vegetables in a wok with sauce to flaovour, ie stir fry. one gets to lovvv the crunchy bite of the carrots and the broccoli, which gets mushy in whatever form we cook per indian recipes.

to my own parents, poori/chappathi was 'foreign', and i still remember my mother taking hints from a north indian domiciled relative, as to how to get the chapathi soft and fluffy, with layers, and little ghee. :)

here is my special veggie italian sauce; goes with all pasta: you can add cheese (any type) to flavour. also hot sauce.

ingredients:
- a can of crushed tomatos 28 oz (796 ml),
- cricket ball sized onion, (green, red, yellow) pepper
- one cup chopped, mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup sliced,
- salt 1/2 teaspoon (t),
- 1 Tablespoon (T), crushed oregano
- 1 t heaped, crushed oregonao 1 t heaped,
- ground black pepper 1/4 t,
- garlic 4 pods crushed,
- (olive preferred) 4 T.(you can add another 2 o3 olive oil as it gives a good flavour)
- 1/4 cup red wine (very optional - alcohol will evaporate)
- water 1 cup initially, add more to preffered consistency of the sauce

- heat oil, sautee onion, then add the peppers, mushrooms and heat to brown
- add 1 can of crushed tomatos
- right away add all the other ingredients
- cook low heat to simmer for 1 hour, till the sauce groups together, thickens with the vegetables coming together and releasing the aroma.

can be kept for a couple of weeks in the fridge

- goes with any type of pasta. taste better a couple of days later. good for lunches. gets the other tongues drooling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back