• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

doubts and clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
sandhavandhanam is a nithya karma. Come, what may, be even when a person has to go to the final rites to his parents even at that time too depending upon the time sandhyavandhanam is to be done and then only other ritual related Karyams. Sandhaya vandhanam is not in any way to be considered as a wish granting prayer. I was given to understand that late Rajaji has once remarked that there is no virtue earned by doing systamatically sandhyavandhanam but one is earning a sin if not done. You can draw our own conclusions now , Sir.

sandhavandhanam is a nithya karma. Come, what may, be even when a person has to go to the final rites to his parents even at that time too depending upon the time sandhyavandhanam is to be done and then only other ritual related Karyams. Sandhaya vandhanam is not in any way to be considered as a wish granting prayer. I was given to understand that late Rajaji has once remarked that there is no virtue earned by doing systamatically sandhyavandhanam but one is earning a sin if not done. You can draw our own conclusions now , Sir.
you are absolutely correct. Not doing nithyakarma is a sin.

Well said Dr Sundaram.
Sandhyavandanam is rich in meaning and it gives tremendous power of concentration,clarity,memory etc in addition to the other benefits.
Without having any doubts continue to do Sandhyavandanam, Mr Gopalan Kannan.You will see for yr self how you develop!

A lot of benifits have been said by performing Sandhya Vandhanam.Sandhya has two meanings--one the twilight-another sri.Gayatri's synonym is Sandhya.-Gayatri-Sandhya-Vidhya-Saraswathi---sandhya vandhanam gives-"Ojhosi-Balamasi-Braajosi--WHEN "Sukhla Dhaathu"=Semen is judiciously spent and preserved,it gives a benifit called "Urdhva Rrethas"--the enegy thus preserved imparts "Ojhas"--Dr.C.Dwarakanath says in his "Introduction to Kayachikitsa"--Ojhas is immunity.we may say something akin to that -In the works of sarva sri.Charaka, Susrutha,Vagbhata,Maadhava,Sarangadhara,Bhela (Samhithas) Ojhas is said to be of Two types--Apara(in the Heart 8 bindus and in the whole body Ardhanjali-I do not want to go for elaboration--This Ojhas gives Balam and Bhraajas(the Sanskrit Dhathu(root) "Bbhra" means scintillating light--what is called "Tejhas"--so sandhya Vandhanam is said to give immunity,Balam,Bbhrajakam(Tejas)=Aura--one can gon on write a big essay--our forefathers have carefully desighned an excellent "Nitya Karma" for us--One can do "Naimitthika Karma", at will- but Nitya Karma ,one can not do at will--One has to eat food to sustain life.

My colleague and best friend-a very orthodox Varanasi Brahmin Dr.Ayodhya Pandey(Sukhla Yajur Vedhi-Maadhyaanthika Zhaakha) used to say without doing sandhya vandhanam even one performs "Vaaja Peyam" it is something equivalent to feeding 1000 brahmins without giving one grain of rice to Biological mother--because vedham says about Sandhya-"Maathaha Itham Brahma Jushasva Naha"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You sri.Swaminatha Sharmann--In fact in Sandhya vandhanam if one has no time to do the "Poorvaangam" and "Uttharaangam"-which just takes only about 18 minutes ,one can do the "Pradhaana Angam" namely Gayatri Japam alone--about 24 Japams(Chatur Vimsathi).All benifite will be available.Gayatri japam is only asking for ONE's own welfare apart from the welfare of the Universe.

Some people have to be in the office during the hours of Madhyanikam (ie noon ). It is suggested that this "madhynam " can also be done after the Prathah kala sandyavandnam. What about those working in shifts (day/night) etc. I wish to have some clarifications being given by any Mahans like kamakotipeetam, Ahobila mutt, Vnamammalai mutt... etc considering the moderndays living.

Maadhyanikam can be done soon after the morning Sandyavandanam during the present days.
But other than the poorvangas Gayatri Japam is a must.

I think Mr. Srinivasan's query can be answered from what I have heard from elders:
If you are unable to do sandhyavandhanam in the proper way -taking care of the direction you face, stand or sit, cover yourself with uththareeyam, hold your hands upright or across for counting,giving arkhyam with water etc.,-you can do it in maanaseeka way. That is chant all the mantras while you imagine in your mind that you are doing all the karma as stipulated along with these mantras. Our elders used to do this when they had to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back