• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

cast bios - tamilnadu

Status
Not open for further replies.
i moved to tamilnadu after 10 years. worked with different parts of world and inside the country too. People or the software professionals who went to abroad and other places still have the same mentality. ie cast and other stuffs. all the other cast like devar, vanier, etc peole are not liking bramins. i dont know why. what is tbe reason. i dont know why people of othere communites are porking the nose at our bramin community and they want there communiity same.government reserves quota for other communities except bramins. still why they are doing so... my friend said this is happned because of periyar only... is it true. what our community done wrong for periyar. Regards Srini

Last edited:
We must stop using the word 'caste' which is thrust on us by europeans and western indologists and now perpetuated by the politicians. We had jati, kula and varna and people of all these groups were proud of their origins, did whatever work they wanted for living, respected all and lived in peaceful splendour. Even today all the jatis are proud of their tradition and kula acharas, and practice without friction.

Reservation has benefited the only fittest of the group - dalit, BC or SC/ST; rest of the group still at the same level where they were hundred years ago.

Classic example is mayawati, who claims to be a dalit-beti, has done nothing significant to improve their lot.

Feeling proud of your kula and jati is a healthy sign if that is done with respecting the personal space of other jatis and desist from derision of other jatis.

We must stop worrying about the negative mind set of BBs.

Then why our Iyengar/Iyer even bramin maximum girls are marrying other cast/Religion people, and few bramin guyes are marrying other cast/religion people. Where is the GAP, why this is happening so. Our cast is degrading , how can we prevent in near future ?
We must stop using the word 'caste' which is thrust on us by europeans and western indologists and now perpetuated by the politicians. We had jati, kula and varna and people of all these groups were proud of their origins, did whatever work they wanted for living, respected all and lived in peaceful splendour. Even today all the jatis are proud of their tradition and kula acharas, and practice without friction.

Reservation has benefited the only fittest of the group - dalit, BC or SC/ST; rest of the group still at the same level where they were hundred years ago.

Classic example is mayawati, who claims to be a dalit-beti, has done nothing significant to improve their lot.

Feeling proud of your kula and jati is a healthy sign if that is done with respecting the personal space of other jatis and desist from derision of other jatis.

We must stop worrying about the negative mind set of BBs.

I am looking at the village side also all the community should have to go out. then only we will be happen... because they done the mistake on us... we also need to curse them like that...

What do you think if we could abolish all castes? B, NB, everything period. Do you think that would be a good thing or a bad thing?

yes correct, but it wont happen that is sure. in the village side people are bound only with cast... i am 100 percentace sure. so our bramin girls should not attract with other cast guyes and our guyes should not attract with other girls, we need to marry our self irrespective of money and to save our values.

yes correct, but it wont happen that is sure. in the village side people are bound only with cast... i am 100 percentace sure. so our bramin girls should not attract with other cast guyes and our guyes should not attract with other girls, we need to marry our self irrespective of money and to save our values.

OK so what are you proposing? I suppose you mean CASTE not CAST.

Is there a social solution, or are you looking at legal solution. As far as marriage is concerned it is individual, or best upto the family. We can not enforce any solution.

Last edited:

Is there a social solution, or are you looking at legal solution. As far as marriage is concerned it is individual, or best upto the family. We can not enforce any solution.

dear prasad,

if i read between the lines of srini's post, it appears that he would like the khap system be introduced all over india. ie anyone who breaks the rule gets murdered, and the family property confiscated.

:)

there can be no other solution to his proposal, as i see it.

I agree, Caste difference is more of a Social problem than based on other reasons. In the cities and towns this problem is less. We have seen from experience no amount of legal solution can reach fully in the interier villages.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Caste is a peculiarly strong problem afflicting the Indian society. It is absolutely necessary that all Indians should do their bit to eradicate this caste consciousness from their minds. Superficial and symbolic acts like "pantibhojanam" etc., may be helpful but those methods won't be a cure. Only marriage between different castes will bring man and woman and hence the two families and consequently the respective extended families (on special occasions) together and help in removing the caste-based prejudices from human minds.

I would suggest that those who marry intercaste and inter-religion be given preference next to the SCs and STs BPL. If this scheme works for one or two generations roughly, India will become an almost casteless country.

Sagotra marriage is only one out of 1000 disputes handled by the khap. In a tv discussion programme, one lady from haryana, explained how her problem with her husband and in laws was sorted in one hour by the khap, when the case was pending in the court for over four years. And all the money given to the inlaws was recovered. As usual, her time was cut short and she was never given the mike. The khap only orders the couple to leave the village and does not hand out murder.

Perhaps sangom sir will explain how in his native state of kerala, justice is handed out by muslim mullas. Today, there is a news item - in UK only one out of 100 sexual and physical abuse of students in madrasa reach the court, and conviction is negligible.

Our system is more rational and humane - if one doesn't want follow the laws, he has the option to get out of the community, and sometimes, the village.

Instead of condemning the khap without hearing their version of the incident, and evaluating all the local disputed they have handled in the last couple of years, the so called 'natural justice' is not done.

dear prasad,

if i read between the lines of srini's post, it appears that he would like the khap system be introduced all over india. ie anyone who breaks the rule gets murdered, and the family property confiscated.

:)

there can be no other solution to his proposal, as i see it.

what happned to the family value or other, u tell me who is marriying the SCST . there are few Bramin guyes marry SC/ST.. how about the other community guyes and girls. Why they are not marrying SC/ST. Why tevar /Nadar /other non- Bramin casts want girl from their own cast and they are ready to marry Bramin girls by making love, why they are not prefering to marry SC/ST Girls. They want to take care of their casts and bramin society should not care for their casts.What is this bad feeling.When ever they want to scold the bramins they quote some word from EVR. Even EVR said about bramins not about their casts. But maximum Now a days other cast peoples only following the old funda, like when i come u need to stand. fold your hands. Even today i hered in few places.

It is not about the castism, it is about maintaining the values. each and every one having their values, Chetian/Bramins/Tevars every one have their values . This is the bounday. Say for example land is the boundary to live for human being if we can not live at the sea or other areas by nature unless you sustain. that is really problem.

Last edited:
every caste are forming Strategies, So we also need to form strategy and need tell our family values to the youngster. I hered one of my friend one of the kannada bramin community girls ages 21 speak with one person of the team member very closely and so that guy approached to love her, that girls said to that guy we are from bramin so our parents wont allow the cross marriage. we want to retain our family values.

we need to tell our traditions to the current generation and explain the values and make them to understand and comfortable with our tradition and values. Money never be the matter, we can earn money at different ways if we want to become a richest person.

Last edited:
Caste is a peculiarly strong problem afflicting the Indian society. It is absolutely necessary that all Indians should do their bit to eradicate this caste consciousness from their minds. Superficial and symbolic acts like "pantibhojanam" etc., may be helpful but those methods won't be a cure. Only marriage between different castes will bring man and woman and hence the two families and consequently the respective extended families (on special occasions) together and help in removing the caste-based prejudices from human minds.

I would suggest that those who marry intercaste and inter-religion be given preference next to the SCs and STs BPL. If this scheme works for one or two generations roughly, India will become an almost casteless country.

Mr Sangom Sir,
Are you serious, create one more quota?
Two people marrying have their own problem, adding more pressure is not going to help them. Even in US inter-race/inter-religion marriage adds more pressure when raising kids.

Education, and economic is the only answer that can eradicate bias. Government should get out of the bussiness of dividing the society.
We will still have the problem of inter-state/inter-language and various other divisions. Is the NB community homogeneous, I know the Brahmin community is not?

Last edited:
Let the government remove the word 'caste' from all sources - constitution, laws, ordinances, census, reservation. Let the government create more opportunities in education, jobs, training; let it open more schools, more 'choultries' (for supplying free food to the needy) and invest heavily in housing for all.

Perhaps sangom sir will explain how in his native state of kerala, justice is handed out by muslim mullas. Today, there is a news item - in UK only one out of 100 sexual and physical abuse of students in madrasa reach the court, and conviction is negligible.

I don't understand why my name has been brought in into this topic of Khaps; I have not so far made any comments on this topic because my knowledge of the Khaps is limited to those few publicised cases only.

Anyway, mullahs are not a very visible part of the Kerala Muslim society. And, from whatever info. I have over the years, the ordinary Muslim avails of the Mullah's service on the occasion of marriage and death. Talaq is probably there but there are no publicised cases and so it is not possible to say whether the Mullahs play a role other than that of a ritual witness to the dissolution of the marriage as per the request of the man. I have reasons to believe that Kerala Muslims will not mind going to the news channels if there is any sexual abuse by the Mullahs in the Madrasas; the secular literacy and educational level are high enough to make the average Muslim boy/girl to understand religious education as different from sexual abuse, I suppose.

what happned to the family value or other, u tell me who is marriying the SCST . there are few Bramin guyes marry SC/ST.. how about the other community guyes and girls. Why they are not marrying SC/ST. Why tevar /Nadar /other non- Bramin casts want girl from their own cast and they are ready to marry Bramin girls by making love, why they are not prefering to marry SC/ST Girls. They want to take care of their casts and bramin society should not care for their casts.What is this bad feeling.When ever they want to scold the bramins they quote some word from EVR. Even EVR said about bramins not about their casts. But maximum Now a days other cast peoples only following the old funda, like when i come u need to stand. fold your hands. Even today i hered in few places.

It is not about the castism, it is about maintaining the values. each and every one having their values, Chetian/Bramins/Tevars every one have their values . This is the bounday. Say for example land is the boundary to live for human being if we can not live at the sea or other areas by nature unless you sustain. that is really problem.

LOVE. Love is blind you know?? Nothing can stand before LOVE. Family values, family/community culture, tradition, status etc.etc. can not hinder with True Love.

As a solution for the problems you are highlighting, what I think of is, Brahmin guys instead of just being into studies, work and prayers alone, instead of just being "Chamaththu" or "Ammanji", should hit the gym, build up muscles, groom up well, be outspoken with Brahmin girls, be heroic and romantic, flirt with a Brahmin girl and struggle hard to win her heart and marry her.

Isn't that a sensible, practical and a healthy approach, if a Brahmin guys and their parents want only Brahmin girls and the parents of Brahmin girls want only Brahmin SIL?

So, I think, TN Brahmana samajam should focus on and formulate a program to mould Brahmin guys to aquire all interpersonal skills and be a winning hero of Brahmin girls.

What is your opinion about it?

I am 100% sure , now a days maximum Tamil bramin guyes are going to GYM,Make their body attractive. This is not about the love. This is about the family value traditions. Now a days no bramin guyes are amanji's that even every Bramin girls know a bout it well. Is government will give Quota for bramin people who are poor. I saw some padasala their income is less while compared with xxx people in tamilnadu... Can the government will give Quto for those people or is our community will help them to bring their family life?

How long this love stay with them, they dont want their family.if one girl left from the home and marry their patner whome he loved.. all the blessings is required.. leave the blessings it about safety and guidence from the seniors. if their prents not accepting their love what will be their position ?? for 20 years they want their parents for shelter , after 21 once they know what is the world and got the finance. they want the lover and they want to marry him. What is the funda. it is unethical . I am asking one question why the bc/Mbc/Obc guyes are not liking ST/SC. these guyes dont know how to love SC/ST.. then what EVP said is wrong about bramins... Like braminism they also have ego and untouchably practice in their culture. so those guyes should not point hand on the bramin guyes...

<edited and removed> while freedom to express your views is given there are some unwritten restrictions in place to ensure your views do not affect others.

LOVE. Love is blind you know?? Nothing can stand before LOVE. Family values, family/community culture, tradition, status etc.etc. can not hinder with True Love.

As a solution for the problems you are highlighting, what I think of is, Brahmin guys instead of just being into studies, work and prayers alone, instead of just being "Chamaththu" or "Ammanji", should hit the gym, build up muscles, groom up well, be outspoken with Brahmin girls, be heroic and romantic, flirt with a Brahmin girl and struggle hard to win her heart and marry her.

Isn't that a sensible, practical and a healthy approach, if a Brahmin guys and their parents want only Brahmin girls and the parents of Brahmin girls want only Brahmin SIL?

So, I think, TN Brahmana samajam should focus on and formulate a program to mould Brahmin guys to aquire all interpersonal skills and be a winning hero of Brahmin girls.

What is your opinion about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any bramin girl/Women will reply for this Question(Who registered in our site) ? Why bramin girls attract with Non Bramin boys ? As per ravi communiction I asume this is only about the sexual (interXXXcouXXX)and the physical attaction Our bramin girls are attracted towards them.... Dont mind my word pls!!

I think you are doing injustice to women. They are doing what they think is right for them. If Brahmin boys are not up to the task, they should not win the girl. The problem is with our culture, where the boys are spoiled and not groomed to attract girls. The society better wake up and accept the changes that is taking place.

Girls are making the decision and it is not their parents.

I am 100% sure , now a days maximum Tamil bramin guyes are going to GYM,Make their body attractive. This is not about the love. This is about the family value traditions. Now a days no bramin guyes are amanji's that even every Bramin girls know a bout it well. Is government will give Quota for bramin people who are poor. I saw some padasala their income is less while compared with xxx people in tamilnadu... Can the government will give Quto for those people or is our community will help them to bring their family life?

How long this love stay with them, they dont want their family.if one girl left from the home and marry their patner whome he loved.. all the blessings is required.. leave the blessings it about safety and guidence from the seniors. if their prents not accepting their love what will be their position ?? for 20 years they want their parents for shelter , after 21 once they know what is the world and got the finance. they want the lover and they want to marry him. What is the funda. it is unethical . I am asking one question why the bc/Mbc/Obc guyes are not liking ST/SC. these guyes dont know how to love SC/ST.. then what EVP said is wrong about bramins... Like braminism they also have ego and untouchably practice in their culture. so those guyes should not point hand on the bramin guyes...

<as edited by moderator>

Dear Mr.Sriranga,

You have got me absolutely wrong...

There is nothing unethical with being attractive to a brahmin girl. A girl would have some liking for a guy unless he grooms himself well, be outspoken (not being introvert), to well interactive, attentive and expressive in a much freindly manner and be caring to her. All in true spirit and not by faking nonself. All I mean to say is, as Shri Prasad has stated in his post #19, since girls now a days wants to make her own best choice (and that very good indeed), Brahmin guys too need to be smart to be attravtive to a brahmin girl and make an attempt to have mutual love for each other. Brahmin guys can well do this holding on their family/traditional values and with true sense of liking and selecting a Brahmin girl.

My post #17 and this one gives you a clear answer as why Brahming girls are getting attacted towards other caste guys and gain confidence to get married to him, having known him to the best possible level.

There is nothing in any wrong sense here.
<I have edited the statement here (that was objecting the concluding statement in post #18), subsequent to the edition done to the concluding lines of post #18>

Its all about how to be presentable, how to be expressive, how to gain the confidence of a girl, how to show her who you are (so that Brahmin girls can well undrstand that you are not a old fashioned orthodox guy with rigidity and no sense of independency and manly qualities). In most of the cases, parents would not create problem when their sons or daughter love a brahim and marry him/her. If at all there exists objections and hinderance, the couple can well manage it with many others supports (from the brahmin community), can expect the rift with parents to be over soon and more importantly can be well surviving in a Brahmin community, sustaining all family values, cuture and tradition and offer the same to the offsprings, without any confusions.

Look out and find a brahmin girl whom you could find as a good natured girl with good character, behaviour and with whom you can feel the compatibility matching and you can fall in love. And get on the toes to be her hero.

If still the girl wants to refuse your proposal due your financial standings, than you can't do anything with it. And this is the common factor with any B and NB low profile guys.

Or if she still loves you and you both are prepared to build your home together, to the best, than you are lucky to have a Brahmin girl whom you loved.

NB's love B girls only because of their unique charm, beauty & intelligence. There is a craze for Brahin girls among NB guys in TN, as far as I could know reasonably.

As regarding BC/MBC/OBC caste guys not liking ST/CS girls are concerned, they may have their own reasons and knowing those reasons not gonna give any solutions to our problems. I mean for the Brahmin guys who wants to marry only Brahmin girls.

So let us be concerned about our issues and find out the best possible sollutions to marry a Brahmin girl and keep every one including ourself happy.

If a Brahmin girl falls in love with NB and marry him, its purely her choice of her life. A practical life with confidence, true love and care etc. to the heart content is what every girl would like to have rather holding on traditional values. This attitude and perception of the Brahmin girls are no wrong and makes absolute sense of living one's life happily.

Last edited:
I Dont know about about the Injustice. U mean to say we need to fight with other boys like others communities are doing or need to drunk at the family bars. see the thing is very clear.
Now a days guys are not doing in justice,Maximum guys changed their mentality based on their partners decision. Even they are supporting their female partners up to maximum level

I think you are doing injustice to women. They are doing what they think is right for them. If Brahmin boys are not up to the task, they should not win the girl. The problem is with our culture, where the boys are spoiled and not groomed to attract girls. The society better wake up and accept the changes that is taking place.

Girls are making the decision and it is not their parents.

Thanks Sirji,
Here i have doubt, Why our girls are in love with them. What they are better than us.If you say in physic There are more guyes better than NB. If you say finance there are more guyes are doing well. If you say finance and physic that is not true love.

Dear Mr.Sriranga,

NB's love B girls only because of their unique charm, beauty & intelligence. There is a craze for Brahin girls among NB guys in TN, as far as I could know reasonably.

....,Maximum guys changed their mentality based on their partners decision. Even they are supporting their female partners up to maximum level
What is your problem with this? I for one, and my wife too, would be quite upset if our son didn't support his wife, even if it is against me and my wife. The beauty is, because of this attitude on our part, both my son and his wife, and his mother and I are very happy and love our mutual company.

Cheers!

Thanks Sirji,
Here i have doubt, Why our girls are in love with them. What they are better than us.If you say in physic There are more guyes better than NB. If you say finance there are more guyes are doing well. If you say finance and physic that is not true love.

Dear Mr.Sriranga,

What all I have stated in my previous two posts highilghting physical build up, grooming up well etc are all about basic presentabilitiy of any guy towards a girl. The prime factor here is how well brahmin guys are interacting with brahmin girls in their social circle. How well they are attractive to Brahmin girls in their communication/interactions with sense of humor, frankness, straight forwardness and friendliness?

Brahmin guys should learn these inter personality skills and should not hold themselves from being extrovert. Being terse in communication and being shy would not help them getting close to a girl. Having good physic, handsome looks and being rich alone not enough for a girl to gain confidnece on a guy and to like him.

Please be noted that physical build up and financial standings in general are secondary to fall in love with a guy.

The basic attractions for a girl to like a guy are -

1) His character, behavior and his intentions
2) His frankness, boldness and his smartness
3) His attitude and gratitude
4) His level of patience, understanding and acceptance with her
5) His level of attention, love and care towards her.

To show who you are, you need to come out and express yourself with your good interactions, rather "allways" sitting at home, working in office, updating knowledge through TV, Newspaper and Internet and expecting parents to find a Brahmin girl for you.

Good interactions with Brahmin girls are required for Brahmin guys to demonstrate their qualities and capabilities. Hiding them in the name of "chamaththu" not gonna help them out, in this present scenario.

Consider her as a female similar to your mother and sister and comfort her to the best of your ability and genuine personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back