• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we change the destiny of a baby by fixing the time of birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some say that astrological predictions are based on a cocktail of 20 per cent logic, 20 per cent maths and 60 per cent intuition; the last one making that crucial difference between a good and a bad astrologer.

People who have confidence in themselves will not pay money to know what lies ahead. I think the best philosophy in life is to take each day as it comes. Otherwise when something bad is predicted, you die a thousand deaths in anticipation of that catastrophe.

What if the astrological time chosen is bad for the doctor, anesthesiologist, the OR room, mother. It is very bad example of playing God.
What if there is logistic problems, or other circumstances that forces the time of birth to bad period, the mother can feel the guilt for life. What a logic.

Last edited:
Since some members want the Like function to be considered again I guess may be let Praveen decide if it should be restored or not.

Anyway Praveen knows best.

What ever will be will be Que Sera Sera.

Dear Sangom Sir,

Thanks for you reply. In the song you have mentioned - the composition of Saint Thyagaraja - he says that Rama told him that

He will take care of him in ten days time. And, he died after about ten days and his sishyAs could see a 'jyothi' going up from

his 'uchchan thalai'. Probably, that was the way the Saint wanted to leave this world and reach the lotus feet of Lord Rama. :hail:

Smt. RR,

What you write is the popular "myth" which is always satisfied with what it wants to imagine and stubbornly refuses to find out what the TRUTH is. But there is a section of opinion which says that this giripai in the plaintive sahana was sung in the initial stages of Thyagaraja's last days whereafter he went into a delusion-like stage till he breathed his last after some suffering which is normal for any human being.

As to 'jyothi' and 'uchchanthalai', it is what the gullible public is made to believe; you can hear similar versions in respect of most religious celebs like RKP, RM, etc. Only, I have not come across this routine testimony story in the case of SSB. You may also be aware that most people who die as "dasnaami" sanyasis are buried in the sitting posture and their "kapaalam" (i.e., uchchanthalai) is broken with a coconut, the assumption being that the so-called 'jyothi' which failed to manifest is being "forced" out of the kapaalam in this way ;).

Of course each one of us is free to believe whatever suits us.

Dear Renu,

What you said is correct! All the posts are not read fully!

I am surprised to find that the 'gang of four' is not yet popular! :grouphug:

P. S: Oops! The smiley has five! :)

Astrology is a science: Bombay HC; reiterates SC judgement

In 2004, the SC has ruled that astrology is a science and directed universities to include it in its syllabus. The union government in the 20011 case submitted in its affidavit that astrology is a 4000 year old trusted science.

There are fake astrologers, fake doctors, fake cosmetic enhancers, fake swamis and fake ps (politicians, police,paramour) and fake financiers. There are enough laws available to catch and punish fake-bodies.

There is a mountain of difference between an astrologer suggesting a pariharam - if you do this with full faith, effects of evil planets will be mitigated and you may succeed and pseudo astrologer demanding 50000 rupees to get special rudrakshm from himalayas for 100% success. Even a simpleton can spot the fake.

Let us use astrology as a management tool, and get maximum benefit with minimum cash outflow. Advice such as - do puja for 48 days, visit this holy temple - do immense good to the receiver.

Almost all developers and builders claim their work is vastu compliant; even corporations and industrialists insist on vastu. If the entrepreneur goes bust, he has to blame himself and not vastu or astrologer.

Report:
Hetal Vyas, TNN Feb 3, 2011, 05.04pm IST
pixel.gif

The Bombay High Court reaffirmed this on Thursday when it dismissed a PIL that had challenged astrology as science.
The PIL was filed by an NGO, Janhit Manch that had sought action against 'fake' astrologers, tantriks, practitioners of Vastu shastra etc.
"So far as prayer related to astrology is concerned, the Supreme Court has already considered the issue and ruled that astrology is science. The court had in 2004 also directed the universities to consider if astrology science can be added to the syllabus. The decision of the apex court is binding on this court," observed the judges.
The judges also took on record an affidavit submitted by the Union government. The Centre had in its affidavit stated that astrology is 4000 years old 'trusted science' and the same does not fall under the preview of The Drugs and Megical Remedies Act (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954.
"The said Act does not cover astrology and related sciences. Astrology is a trusted science and is being practiced for over 4000 years," said an affidavit filed by Dr R Ramakrishna, deputy drug controller (India), west zone.
"The said Act is aimed at prohibiting misleading advertisements relating to drugs and magic remedies. The Act does not cover and / or relate to astrology and / or allied sciences like Palmistry, Vaastu Shastra etc. In view thereof, a purported ban on practices promoting astrology and related sciences sought by the petitioner, which is a time tested science more than 4000 years old is totally misconceived and unjustifiable," says the affidavit.
The (PIL) filed by Janhit Manch and its convener Bhagwanji Raiyani, along with his associate Dattaram Kumkar, had questioned the validity of predictions by many well-known astrologers.
The PIL, which ran into more than 100 pages pointed to several cases, including that of Indira Gandhi and Charan Singh becoming prime ministers, despite opposite predictions.
Representing the Union government, advocate Advait Sethna told the court that even the SC had accepted that astrology was a science and many universities had included it as a subject.
Advocate for Maharashtra government, Bharat Mehta too supported the stand taken by the Union government. Mehta submitted an affidavit filed by the food and drugs administration (FDA) department which said that necessary action is being taken against the guilty under the Drugs and Megical Remedies Act.
The PIL had urged the authorities to ban articles, advertisements, episodes and practices promoting astrology and its related subjects like vastu, reiki, feng shui, tarot, palmistry, zodiac signs and rashifal.
Astrology is a science: Bombay HC - Times Of India

Dear Sangom Sir,

The 'jyOthi' concept might be a myth. But I like to believe it. It is also said that during the last few minutes of Muthuswami

Deekshithar on earth, he requested his disciples to repeat the line starting with 'meena lOchani pAsa mOchani'. When he left

his mortal coil, all the strings in his God given veena also broke. I like to believe this too! They are mahAns. :hail:

There is a popular anecdote about the sign board - "Fresh fish sold here".

When I saw the 'like' button missing, this came to my mind! :lol:

I salute you. One needs immense courage of conviction for such a stand.

Dear Sangom Sir,

The 'jyOthi' concept might be a myth. But I like to believe it. It is also said that during the last few minutes of Muthuswami

Deekshithar on earth, he requested his disciples to repeat the line starting with 'meena lOchani pAsa mOchani'. When he left

his mortal coil, all the strings in his God given veena also broke. I like to believe this too! They are mahAns. :hail:

Dear Shri Raghy,

Though my astrological knowledge is merely amateurish, what I can say is that, in astrology, if you start aiming at more and more accuracy (like the 7digit log, etc. which you mention), the more one's chances of making a blunder. This may be illustrated by taking the ṣaṣṭyaṃśa or one-minute-of-arc sub-division of the Rasi. Parasara Hora places great reliance on this ṣaṣṭyaṃśa chart, even to predict the poorva janma karmas, etc. But the Lagna or ascendant will change in this chart in about 2 minutes of time, on an average and it may so happen that if the time of birth is changed by + or - 5seconds of time, the ṣaṣṭyaṃśa Lagna will change and the predictions will change, sometimes very radically.

What is the sine qua non for a good astrologer, imo, is that "sixth sense" which only very very few practising astrologers of today possess.

Again gaṇita jyotiṣam is not a branch of predictive astrology; it is the calculation part. One who knows this need not be able to predict at all. Similarly, one who excels in phala jyotiṣam may be unable to cast a horoscope or make any astrological calculations beyond the rudimentary ones.

Dear Sri. Sangom, Greetings.

It was a real good challenge in those days casting the horoscope. I did not know how to predict; but, I enjoyed calculating the positions of planets with reference to Lagna. Time of sun rise was very important; IST was not taken in consideration. We used to refer charts for GPS co-ordinate for every place and cross-refered time of sun-rise for that place. Placement of lagna depended upon that. Interstingly, our neighbour calculated yet in a different method! I take it you refer to 'interpretation' as 'sixth sense'. Interpretation is very important. For correctly interpreting, one has to know the jatakan's life and background very well. When strangers are approached for prediction, it may not happen.

Cheers!

Dear Renu,

I expected this from you! :)

Dear RR ji,

I won't be online much today as its a 2 day holiday here for Eid Ul Adha.Might log in a bit later in the night.

So all of you be good ok when I am not around in forum.

Don't fight till I come back!LOL

Dear Sri. Sangom, Greetings.

It was a real good challenge in those days casting the horoscope. I did not know how to predict; but, I enjoyed calculating the positions of planets with reference to Lagna. Time of sun rise was very important; IST was not taken in consideration. We used to refer charts for GPS co-ordinate for every place and cross-refered time of sun-rise for that place. Placement of lagna depended upon that. Interstingly, our neighbour calculated yet in a different method! I take it you refer to 'interpretation' as 'sixth sense'. Interpretation is very important. For correctly interpreting, one has to know the jatakan's life and background very well. When strangers are approached for prediction, it may not happen.

Cheers!
hi Raghy sir,
in fact ...in marriage matching horoscope predication is entirely different...generally there is another horoscope for gals in marriage...

its called ' RITHU KALA HOROSCOPE'... based on rithu kaala....the marriage life of girl to be predicted...now a days nobody

does properly...so now a days so called INNOCENT DIVORCESS more ....

Dear TBS Sir,

Please do not say that marriages break because of non matching of horoscopes. Do you think that all the couples had

100% or at least 75% matching of horoscopes, in the previous generation? I have seen many couples in our circle, who

have 'third class match' (as it was known those days), leading life together, whether happy or unhappy. Now, divorce is

no more a stigma and girls have become brave because of their financial independence! Tolerance has almost vanished. :tsk:

While looking at an horoscope it just struck me that an important reason why one would need intuition to predict correctly, is that each person's life is purposeful and unfolds according to a pattern. There is the big picture that you need to see. So your prediction has to be a correlation of various factors and get that big picture right. Once you do that you are very likely to have made a correct prediction. And for seeing that theme of a person's life you need intuition.

hi Raghy sir,
in fact ...in marriage matching horoscope predication is entirely different...generally there is another horoscope for gals in marriage...

its called ' RITHU KALA HOROSCOPE'... based on rithu kaala....the marriage life of girl to be predicted...now a days nobody

does properly...so now a days so called INNOCENT DIVORCESS more ....

Dear Sri.tbs Sir, Greetings.

(I notice the 'like' facility back in effect!).

I do not know anything about 'Rithu Kala Horoscope'. I used to know how to calculate 'Nakshtra porutham'. But I didn't know the efect though. For example, if it comes to 7th position, they say 'thina porutham' missing. I have seen many proposals tumble because of this. Also because of 'Moola nakshatram'... sad to see this kind of limited outlook. Well, I and Padma don't have 'thina porutham'. ( when we look at uthamam, mathimam and adhmam, our compatability falls under 'adhamam). Yes, we fight almost everyday... and we love everyday too! 31 years later I must say, taking 'thina porutham' seriously may not be quite right!

Man and wife are not just living together. It is one getting dissolved in the other. I noticed 'Artha Nareeswara' picture every now and again.. relationship should be like that. If my wife conducted a CPR at work ( she does at the rate of minimum three per month), I almost would feel the shoulder pain... later, I would be massaging, applying warmth in the vicinity etc.

Secondly a 'purushan' should exhibit 'pourusham' (பௌருஷம் ). He should not be 'softy softy' all the time... there are times he should know how to draw the line.. same thing goes to the girl too... she should draw the line so attractive, she should be able to bind him down with flowers.. you know what I mean?.... nowadays people don't have time for such nicities.... everything is in a rush... that's why they don't have time for each other, relationships tumble. As a rule of thumb, in most cases men fail to exhibit பௌருஷம். in some unfortunate cases, woman stay too rigid where the guy exhibit பௌருஷம் and they end up parting... in my opinion, such cases are okay to part... they shouldnot have been together in the first place.. that is only in the case when the lady is too rigid and exhibits the qualities of பௌருஷம்! Such ladies seldom succeed in a relationship.

Cheers!

Greetings.

On the 18th page of this thread I like to raise a doubt, please. What if the destiny of the child is to get a birth like that in a 'c- section' delivery? Since we don't know the destiny of the child ( or anyone for that matter), why can't we consider that possibility?

Cheers!

The soul of the baby is already formed before its birth. We know that this is according to karma. So it actually follows we are changing nothing by changing the time of birth. It is either that, the destiny that the baby is born at that time or we are changing only something superficial since the destiny of the baby is already decided and the time of birth only tells us that.

The soul of the baby is already formed before its birth. We know that this is according to karma. So it actually follows we are changing nothing by changing the time of birth. It is either that, the destiny that the baby is born at that time or we are changing only something superficial since the destiny of the baby is already decided and the time of birth only tells us that.

Sri.Sravna,

I don't really subscribe to 'poorva Janma Karma'. In my opinion, we finish off our karma in this same janma itself. In any case, I like your post. 'C-Section' or any other mode of delivery, irrespective to that, that baby is already formed. If there is a destiny for the child, the others are only the instruments to bring out that destiny.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back