• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins and Pujas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri SRK, there is also a concept of athma pujai...

but again, as Shri Nacchi has clearly pointed out, this thread is not about what is necessary or not... rather about how pujas are performed... and how various families do it...

I have experienced the goodness of reciting shlokas, performing homams in my house... Everyone is not a siddha purusha or a sanyasi... so there are some routines for us to attain peace, happiness and grace of the lord...

After upanayanam, I regularly performed samithadhanam twice a day... I cannot express it, but the spiritual feeling was enormous... Slowly when I let it go because of job and other occupation, I could sense the tamas attitude creeping in...

Last edited:
Shri Nacchinarkiniyan

If you are more knowledgeable than Jagathguru Bharathi Teertha Swamigal,then your writings in this forum,reflect it otherwise.I just posted a link from the Sharadha Peetham.Get down from your high horse and stop being peevish,like an immature brat,would be my first reaction,but since you are old and learning vedas at this age,and trying to educate young and all,with your experiance i will disdain,from any more reply to you.Becoz,i have noticed,you constantly harp about,the thread is being hijacked or there is no relevance to the title and what not...well that is your opinion...and there are other people with other opinions...no one is belittling anyone...

I have been expressing myself,the way i know.Its not my intention nor am i trying to provoke any heated arguments on a personal basis.Frankly,i am distracted by all this.

Sandhya Vandanam itself is a oral puja for brahmins.Only a non-brahmin will say or think otherwise.Sometimes...oh never mind...

sb

Last edited:
I am not bothered where the link is from. I do not accept any authority on Hinduism. To downcry Japa and Puja shows your immaturity and narrow vision of Hinduism. Because other castes can not do sandhyavandhana does not make it great.

You have only been posting to deride others. Your posts contribute very little to this forum except your post count. In fact your posts take away the seriousness in almost all forum discussions. Grow up, Young Man and stop being a persistent and irrelevant poster.

>>I am not bothered where the link is from. I do not accept any authority on Hinduism.<<

ROFL.....Who the heck is Nacchinarkiniyan?Majority Hindus in the world have never heard of you,and incidently you have copied Shri Nacchinarkiniyan name as your moniker and actually hiding behind this great Tamizhan's name,and posing as a great knower of knowledge and regurgitating,and your condescending attitude...says it all...you remind of folks that i met in New Jersey LOL...

I do not accept any caste leader's authority on Hinduism. I admire Swami Sivananda whom I consider an authority on Hinduism.

I prefer to remain anonymous. The moderators know to what extent I would go to retain my anonymity. This irks some people. I do not want anyone to hear about me. I only post information which I believe are useful to the members. Yes, I do express my opinion also.

I have had a feedback that many members have found my posting useful. You can see the posts in this forum.

You are a new resident in the U.S. I had my education there 40 years back. Do not throw U.S at me.

This is not a chat group. Praveen has started it to address the problems faced by the community as a community forum. Since the posts do get googled I would not like any posts to generate a anti-Brahmin feeling. Frivolous posts like yours take away the seriousness of any subject and turn away members/visitors from the forum.

About Hijacking of threads, this is an accepted view of the moderators of all internet forums. The moderators here have supported me. I have a member of the internet forums/usenet groups for a long time now.

The fact that the Acharyas have said that Sandhyavandhanam is extremely important does not in any way mean that all other practices of Hinduism are irrelevant as you imply. I am sure that the Shringeri Acharya never meant any such thing. I know him. As Seshadri put it given the lack of time in these days a Brahmin should give first priority to sandhyavandhanam.

But you can always squeeze in some Japa and Puja. I will post about how it can be done.

>>You are a new resident in the U.S. I had my education there 40 years back. Do not throw U.S at me.<<

Stop being judemental Shri N.

>>The fact that the Acharyas have said that Sandhyavandhanam is extremely important does not in any way mean that all other practices of Hinduism are irrelevant as you imply. I am sure that the Shringeri Acharya never meant any such thing. I know him. As Seshadri put it given the lack of time in these days a Brahmin should give first priority to sandhyavandhanam.<<

I never implied anything.Its your mind which is playing tricks with you.Check your mind first.Just becoz you know acharya,you dont get a free pass with me.Glad S S has articulated for you to understand.Keep it up.

A Jnaani or a knower of truth, can continue to engage in Guru-Sishya interactions and other worldly interactions due to Praarabdha Karma or Karma which has already started to evolve, which are part of Ishwara Srishti, while enjoying Jivanmukthi or liberation while being alive.

My age is probably your experiance in life Shri N.But then donkeys too age like me.Again,donkeys carry the load,of dirty linen,as Mahaswamigal told my maternal family members....

Anyways,coming to the topic,since you do not believe in authority of hinduism,as you are self proclaimed authority ,a la guru yourself..its nice to see you write or rather blow your trumpet...pipri pi doom taka doom...hey thats a oral recitation & puja by itself...ROFL

sb

P.S.Glad that moderator's know who you are,and you are not all that anonymous.You have given up your identity long time back.

Last edited:
Your posts are frivolous and destructive. Your posting in the Chidambaram temple issue is a standard example. Your name dropping of big names does not impress me. It is said that empty vessels make more noise. All that you have been doing in this forum is to make noise. Nothing else.

Hinduism does not have a central authority. Who was talking about the authority of Hindism. Better learn more about Hinduism and read my post before you reply.

I prefer to remain anonymous. The moderators know to what extent I would go to retain my anonymity. This irks some people. I do not want anyone to hear about me. I only post information which I believe are useful to the members. Yes, I do express my opinion also.
Does this say that the moderators know who I am?

I may be a donkey. But I do useful work and contribute to this forum in a positive way. I do not try to destroy the forum with frivolous and destructive posts like you.

So Ham

Your posts are frivolous and destructive. Your posting in the Chidambaram temple issue is a standard example. Your name dropping of big names does not impress me. It is said that empty vessels make more noise. All that you have been doing in this forum is to make noise. Nothing else.

Its a matter of your opinion about my posts.Thanks.

Hinduism does not have a central authority. Who was talking about the authority of Hindism. Better learn more about Hinduism and read my post before you reply.
Hinduism itself is a rebranded version of Sanathana Dharma,let alone authorship or authority!Your posts are your opinion about Hinduism.I must say,you do write well.Your english teachers have taught you well and you are a good student,to regurgitate that.

Does this say that the moderators know who I am?
In this day and age,anyone and everyone can be identified.Obviously,you are still living in memories instead of living in the present.Welcome to present tense.

I may be a donkey. But I do useful work and contribute to this forum in a positive way. I do not try to destroy the forum with frivolous and destructive posts like you.
I guess,you have missed comprehension in english class.Read again,what i have written.Yawnnnnn....:dance:

sb

Just my view...

Think we all have a certain level of attachment to our posts, for they are our expressions - either as perceptions, feelings or derived information. And in this they reflect our personality to an extent. But to extrapolate this to judge a character of a person may be a bit of an overdose.

We speak from different perceptions and the last thing we would need here is to have an ego clash. In a public forum these skirmishes are bound to happen... regardless of how knowledgeable we are... I too am no exception.

The intent may be right, but the expression may be crude - am not pointing at anyone in particular, but we are expressing ourselves through the literal, and it could be construed in different ways according to the bent of the individual.

All manner of posts contribute to learning - either to the poster or to the reader. Most do not express themselves, and such people would find an expression in some of the posts, however irrelevant they may seem to another.

We discuss about brahman, philosophies, hinduism and all its greatness... maybe we are all accomplished in our own right... but still...

Its a matter of your opinion about my posts.Thanks.

Hinduism itself is a rebranded version of Sanathana Dharma,let alone authorship or authority!Your posts are your opinion about Hinduism.I must say,you do write well.Your english teachers have taught you well and you are a good student,to regurgitate that.

In this day and age,anyone and everyone can be identified.Obviously,you are still living in memories instead of living in the present.Welcome to present tense.

I guess,you have missed comprehension in english class.Read again,what i have written.Yawnnnnn....:dance:

sb

You make me sick. Better learn English in addition to Hinduism. Live in a real world. You are not CIA/FBI to trace out anyone over the net.

Talking to an individual like you is a waste of time. The members will judge you. You are beneath contempt.

S S

Murugannukku Vel Vel Kandanukku Vel Vel.Subramanian enra payair attach aayirkono,addaan,commander-in-chief style lae wareer!Appannukku wazhikatiyavanchay...gnanam pazham niyappa Tamizh gnyana pazham nee appa....

sb:)

You make me sick. Better learn English in addition to Hinduism. Live in a real world. You are not CIA/FBI to trace out anyone over the net.

Talking to an individual like you is a waste of time. The members will judge you. You are beneath contempt.
Awwwwww...Shri N...so you are requesting other forum members to be judgemental tooooo...sigh....ponaal pogattum poda,inda bhumiyil nilayandu vazhandavan yaarada..ponaal pogattum poda....:)

sb

Q/a...

These passages from the book "Dialogues with The Guru" provide answers to many nagging questions that trouble the individual as well as the society. While answering generic questions, Sri Acarya, induces one to reflect over the true meaning of Sanatana Dharma and application of its principles to modern life.

These passages are translation of talks with His Holiness Sri Chandrasekhara Bharati Swamigal,of Sharadha Peetham,Sringeri compiled by Sri R. Krishnaswamy Iyer.

http://www.srisharada.com/QA/QA.htm

sb

Awwwwww...Shri N...so you are requesting other forum members to be judgemental tooooo...sigh....
sb

This is a community forum where people are encouraged to come with questions about problems they face. We have had a number of queries from members though of late it has come down.

The members are expected to answer the question without trivializing the question.

Members do judge the posters. We did have a contest for the Best Post of the Month. The first winner was KRS and then Ranganathan. I was the last one to win it.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=1402

This happens in all the serious forums. In the Microsoft technet forum the members who have given the top answers are listed.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

I joined this forum for the purpose of answering some of the questions raised by members and also give my thoughts on the problems facing the community.

I did not come to this forum to get answers for either religious or spiritual questions as I can always check up with experts personally.

Bala,

You are being unnecessarily rude and provocative.

This website is not loading well for me since yesterday night. Perhaps there is some maintainence going on (dunno whether this post will appear or disappear). And i wonder if the moderators are reading your posts at all.

I can only say this Bala - everyone is free to express themselves anyway they want. However sir i do take offence to your name calling. Sorry for interfering but its not nice to denigrate anyone personally unless you know why and for what you are doing it and if it really is necessary.

Empty Vessels

Shri N

>>I joined this forum for the purpose of answering some of the questions raised by members and also give my thoughts on the problems facing the community.

I did not come to this forum to get answers for either religious or spiritual questions as I can always check up with experts personally. <<

I thought we all are doing that,including me.You are the one who is constantly mentioning that people are not posting to the title of the threads,and your thread is being hijacked constantly,as if,the entire world has crashed...Shri N:blabla:,you have low level of tolerance,in my opinion.Maybe we ought to agree to disagree and move on...this will be my last answere to this immature behaviour on account of both of us.:yell:

Shrimathi H H

I know you like Shri N and respect him,lets leave it at that.:eyebrows:

>>I can only say this Bala - everyone is free to express themselves anyway they want. However sir i do take offence to your name calling. Sorry for interfering but its not nice to denigrate anyone personally unless you know why and for what you are doing it and if it really is necessary. <<

sb:bump2:

The members will judge who is the empty vessel in this forum. I have been silent when I was attacked in the past. Tolerance is mistaken for cowardice by people like you. I do not intend to remain silent in future. The members have already judged me in the past and have judged favorably. I do hope I will be able to post useful information in future also.

You call providing information regurgitating. But do you have that information? You do not. You can only make frivolous remarks and trivialize any issue. So keep quiet and let me provide information to the members who need it.

Brahmana is the correct usage!

According Sir S. Radhakrishnan, although used very widely, the term brahmin is not a correct word [1]. In the ancient Hindu texts, the word brahmana is used to indicate "absolute" or the "infinite spirit" of Lord Brahma. In the course of history, as the varna or the caste system developed, the group of priestly people came to be known as brahmanas or brahmins. In this section, the word brahmin is used to refer to the community of people known as brahmins in today's India.

http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/people/brahmins/index.htm

sb

Guys,

Cool down.

We are all here for the same reason even if we have different views on certain topics. Ultimately our purpose is the same.

so, lets not get into unnecessary name calling and petty arguments.

I am pretty positive everyone of us have something that can help others, lets concentrate on that and leave out the rest :)

Regards,

Dear sri Nacchi ji, you have stated that Swami Sivanadha is your guru, then i think you are not follwing his teachings,e.g. regarding Deepavali, Guru, Guru bakthi, books those books will give insite view about Hindu and Hindu way of livings. I am a TamilBrahmin today a following a Sikh as my GURU and following his teachings because the original teaching of Braatha varsa living style. OUR OWN GURU S failed in such teaching and they never bothered about the community. They followed only their Pooja and lead a life according their tradations. Sorry to state that the GURU and siciple system come for better living in Harmony and Brotherly, But unfortunenatlly, all the Guru's hailed from Telugu or Kannada Brahmins and the started their own way of teachings and went foraway from the teachings of Saivasiddhantham. From my childwood I have seen somany Swamijies and their way Ill treating Brahmins by a scale of standared of Rich and Poor. S.R.K.

SRK,

I said I admire Swami Sivananda. He is not my Guru. Yes. I have Gurus. Deeksha Guru, Jnana Guru. I follow the teachings of my Jnana Guru who was an Avadhoota of the Lord Dattatreya lineage and a Tamil Brahmin by birth.

Such Gurus do not publish their teachings. The teachings are person to person. Both religious as well general. The teachings also depend upon the Guru's decision as to the stage you are in. They teach by parables, stories and indications. My Guru attained Maha Samadhi years back.

Such Gurus have become rare now. My Guru was the last in his lineage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back