• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin Iyer - gaya shradham

shek41

Hello,

I have couple of questions regarding gaya shradham. It will be great if someone from the group can clarify my concern.

1. After how many years of one's death, can we perform Gaya shradham?
2. Is it fine to do Gaya shradham for late father when Mother is still alive? Is it good to do Gaya Shradham for father alone, or one should ONLY do it when both the parents are no more?
3. Is there any specific time of the year for tamil brahmins(Iyer) to do Gaya Shradham? I have read "pitru paksha" in some posts to do Gaya Shradham.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have couple of questions regarding gaya shradham. It will be great if someone from the group can clarify my concern.

1. After how many years of one's death, can we perform Gaya shradham?
2. Is it fine to do Gaya shradham for late father when Mother is still alive? Is it good to do Gaya Shradham for father alone, or one should ONLY do it when both the parents are no more?
3. Is there any specific time of the year for tamil brahmins(Iyer) to do Gaya Shradham? I have read "pitru paksha" in some posts to do Gaya Shradham.

Thanks in advance.
1) There is no time frame.
2) Yes. You can perform for father and others. After performing Gaya srartham you have to continue everyyear afterwards.
4) No. based on your convenience and weather there.

R Ramaswami

1) There is no time frame.
2) Yes. You can perform for father and others. After performing Gaya srartham you have to continue everyyear afterwards.
4) No. based on your convenience and weather there.

R Ramaswami
Can you suggest any good iyer/tamil vaadyar contacts for me in Rameswaram, Prayagraj, Kashi and Gaya to do the Shradham

Latest ads

Back