• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bharathiyar ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Sri KRS, in effectively silencing the Tamil-only fanaticism. You could do better by providing Tamil translations to all the English posts, so that the non-English knowers may not feel segregated.
அரைகுறை ஆங்கிலம் அறிந்தவர்கள் இரண்டாம் பந்தியில் உட்கார்த்தி வைக்கப்பட்டு மிச்சம் மீதி இருப்பதைச் சாப்பிடுவதாக நினைக்க இடம் கொடாமல் முதல் பந்திக்குக் கிடைக்கும் எல்லா உணவு வகைகளும் கிடைக்க வழிசெய்யலாமே.

Dear Sri anbesivam Ji,

Thank you for your excellent back handed compliment. As I have said before, to become a member of this Forum, you need to know english somewhat, as the registration process is in english. We have more than enumerated why we go by this policy.

Sir, do not unnecessarily post these type of things. If you do not want to participate in this Forum, you are more than welcome to leave. Go and post your thoughts in an all Tamil only Forum.

If you unnecessarily try to create this issue between english and tamil, again, you will be banned. Comprende, dear friend?

Regards,
KRS

Well done Sri KRS, in effectively silencing the Tamil-only fanaticism. You could do better by providing Tamil translations to all the English posts, so that the non-English knowers may not feel segregated.
அரைகுறை ஆங்கிலம் அறிந்தவர்கள் இரண்டாம் பந்தியில் உட்கார்த்தி வைக்கப்பட்டு மிச்சம் மீதி இருப்பதைச் சாப்பிடுவதாக நினைக்க இடம் கொடாமல் முதல் பந்திக்குக் கிடைக்கும் எல்லா உணவு வகைகளும் கிடைக்க வழிசெய்யலாமே.

anbe,

it is unfair and uncorrect to heap abuse on KRS on this issue. the decision was taken jointly by the moderators. all of us. so you should address your complaint to all the moderators.

what is the use of posting, if a significant number do not understand it?

like it or not, many of us have grown up, outside of tamil nadu and even though we speak tamil, do not know how to read or write it.

without going into the merits of this situation, i wish to say, that the moderators assumed that these were a significant number of our members and we wish all to be inclusive in their understanding of the posts.

we have also assumed that everyone here knows some english. where there is doubt in the context of the post, a better way to address it, is to ask for clarification - simpler language and elaboration.

i hope, on behalf of the moderators, we have explained to you, that the purpose of this forum, through our language policy, is to ensure that all of us have a fair chance at understanding and being understood.

thank you.

by the way, please avoid anger or sarcasm in your address to the moderators. we have a job to do, and believe me, i would have banned you right away. KRS has a little more tolerance than me. enough said.

without going into the merits of this situation, i wish to say, that the moderators assumed that these were a significant number of our members and we wish all to be inclusive in their understanding of the posts.

Greetings!

I am not unsympathetic to the moderators. They have a difficult responsibility and they have every right to make decisions for the forum.

However, in this discussion I think there is an over-reaction. While I myself don't like to be sarcastic, I think the sarcasm expressed by anbesivam1000 was not over the top.

The overwhelming majority of the posts in this forum is in English. What is the harm in allowing a few in Tamil only, especially ones that are purely literary, or ones that are well written and enjoyable to read, such as the ones from Sow/Smt(?). Narayanee (even though I do not agree with some of her opinions I enjoy her Tamil)? If she is required to provide English translations to every post it is just an added burden. Also, there may be some members with just enough English knowledge to sign up and participate, but not sufficient to translate Tamil into English. All I am saying is do not have an uniform policy, be flexible. Allow Tamil only posts as long as it is appropriate and the privilege is not abused.

Ok, now, let me end this post with a few thoughts from Bharathiyar:

முன்பி ருந்ததொர் காரணத் தாலே,
மூடரே, பொய்யை மெய்என லாமோ?

(oh fools! how can you claim lies as truth on the strength of tradition?)

நாணு மச்சமும் நாய்கட்க்கு வேண்டுமாம்
ஞான நல்லறம் வீர சுதந்திரம்
பேணு நற்குடிப் பெண்ணின் குணங்களாம்

(shyness and fear are for dogs; enlightened women are characterized by brave independence, wisdom, and good deeds)

முன்னாளில் ஐயரெல்லாம் வேதம் - ஓதுவார்
மூன்றுமழை பெய்யுமடா மாதம்;
இன்னாளி லேபொய்ம்மைப் பார்ப்பார் - இவர்
ஏதுசெய்துங் காசுபெறப் பார்ப்பார்.

(gone are the days when Iyers chant Vedas and rain aplenty guaranteed. Now, brahmins are untruthful, for a little cash won't hesitate to do anything)

பேராசைக் காரனடா பார்ப்பான் - ஆனால்
பெரியதுரை என்னிலுடல் வேர்ப்பான்

(greedy are the brahmins, but will sweat with fear at the sight of a white man)

Cheers!

p.s. The English translations I have provided do not do even 1% justice to the genius of Bharathiyar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever Subramanya Bharathi has said is not truth.

Veera Vanchi Natha Iyer, Neelakanta Brahmachari, Gomathi Sankara Dikshidar and few others have taken the violent path during the freedom struggle. Even though I don't approve of their method, we have to note that there is no parallel to Veera Vanchi's sacrifice.

Lot of others like Sathyamoorthi, Salem Vijaragavachariar, Srinivasa Iyengar, Madurai Vaidyanatha Iyer, Subramanya Siva, Rajaji and others have taken non-violent path following Mahatma Gandhi in the freedom struggle.

Subramanya Bharathi escaped to French controlled Pondicherry to evade arrest by the British. Pondicherry was also ruled by foreigners but he didn't open his mouth against them when he was in French territory. Such a person doesn't have any right to talk about others.

Mahatma Gandhi didn't gave importance to Subramanya Bharathi even though the latter met him in Chennai. Probably Bharathi would have wrote out of frustration as the TB of those days were mostly following Mahatma Gandhi.

Justice party people and their present day inheritors are talking all sorts of non-sense about TB community. Probably we have to add Subramanya Bharathi also in that list. Let them talk all sorts of non sense. Let us ignore them.

Last edited:
nara,

if you examine your own post rather carefully, which i did, there is an underlying sense of entitlement and a tone of grievance to support it.

a few weeks ago, in one of the pure tamil posts, i and my supposed mastery of english was mocked in a very personal manner. i let it pass as most times i ignore jingoism.

instead i went on to praise the post for its erudity. one should not, i think, mistake politeness for weakness.

i think it is a fatal flaw in our culture, to behoove, that gentleness, politeness and above all soft speech and all such, as deficiency.

apparently loud mouth bragging and heavy stick alone stands for bravery. after all are we not வாய்ச் சொல்லின் வீரர்கள்?

it is precisely this type of response from certain folks, that contributed to enforcement of english or english/tamil posts.

attitudes, sir, makes all the difference.

you are absolutely correct, as to the moderators, permitting a live and let live attitude towards tamil only posts.

should you dwelve into the context and content of some of the posts, then anyone who does not speak or write tamil, does not deserve to be in this forum, or call him/herself a tamil brahmin.

i hope you do understand, that this forum is no place for such beliefs or bias.

i hope i have explained our stand in a clearer manner to you, just so that you can understand, that decisions are not made arbitrarily here.

they are a consequence, sometimes, of incorrigible behaviour of some of our participants, who seem to forget that they are guests here, and should behave such.

re your translation doing injustice to bharathi, my query to you?

is it bharathiar's fault, that he appears from your viewpoint, that his tamil is 99% better than your 1% english?

thank you.

Greetings!

if you examine your own post rather carefully, which i did, there is an underlying sense of entitlement and a tone of grievance to support it.
I have no idea what this means. I am a plain spoken person. I do not have any hidden agenda. I just thought there was a over reaction. It does not really matter to me one way or the other.

I did not realize we all are guests in this forum. I am not sure who the hosts are. I was under the impression this is a public, albeit moderated, space for free exchange of ideas.

attitudes, sir, makes all the difference.
IMHO, in an impersonal forum such as this it is difficult to decipher attitude. Punitive actions if any must be based on offensive and disallowed acts.

they are a consequence, sometimes, of incorrigible behaviour of some of our participants, who seem to forget that they are guests here, and should behave such.
If there is a history here, I am not aware of it. My comments are strictly based on the merits of the present case.

All I am advocating is flexibility. Perhaps you and the other moderators have already shown enough flexibility and you are at your wits end. In any case, I leave it up to you.

is it bharathiar's fault, that he appears from your viewpoint, that his tamil is 99% better than your 1% english?
Certainly not Bharathi's fault, why would I think that? I really do not know where you are getting this.

Anyway, I do not mean to to be argumentative regarding the policies the group of moderators wish to enforce. It is just my 2 cents. Take it if it makes sense. Cast it aside if it does not.

Cheers!

nara,

just a couple of clarifications.

the host is praveen. the moderators assist him in maintaining the decorum of the forum. every other participant, in my opinion, is a guest. hence expected to behave like good guests.

this forum has specific guidelines, and does not claim to proclaim voltairian rights to speak your mind at will.

there is a forum called karuthu.com which claims to seek its inspiration from voltaire, but that too is moderated.

moderation, is not intended to make everyone toe the line. it is intended, atleast in my opinion, to safeguard the rights of innocents, which in this case, is the vast majority of the participants whose sensitivities we strive to safeguard.

your comment regarding flexibility is noted. i am of the same view. the issue here is the manner in which it was demanded ie entitlement. that is objectionable in my opinion.

one has to learn (& learn fast) how to post requests ... or seek privileges. there is a method to it. blatant demand is not one such way.

let us move on.. no hard feelings i hope.

thank you.

Greetings!

i love your postings, views and presentation :) philosophically mine is comparable to yours

I am reminded of the adage, "Great men think alike -- Fools seldom disagree" :). With you "thinking" like me, as opposed to "agreeing" with me, I guess I have some hope :).

Alright, some more Bharathi:

வையகம் காப்பவ ரேனும் - சிறு
வாழைப் பழக்கடை வைப்பவ ரேனும்
பொய்யக லத்தொழில் செய்தே - பிறர்
போற்றிட வாழ்பவர் எங்கணும் மேலோர்.

(protector of the world or banana vendor --
great are those who live by honest work which others commend)

சூத்திர னுக்கொரு நீதி - தண்டச்
சோருண்ணும் பார்ப்புக்கு வேறொரு நீதி;
சாத்திரம் சொல்லிடு மாயின் - அது
சாத்திரம் அன்று சதியென்று கண்டோம்.

(one law for Shudras, and another for the useless brahmins -
if Shashthras say this, let us see that as a plot, not Shasthras)

உண்மையின் பேர்தெய்வம் என்போம் - அன்றி
ஓதிடும் தெய்வங்கள் பொய்யெனக் கண்டோம்
உண்மைகள் வேதங்கள் என்போம் - பிறிது
உள்ள மறைகள் கதையெனக் கண்டோம்.

(Truth is God, not the gods that are praised,
Vedas are truth -- all others are just stories)

புதிய ஆத்திச்சூடியிலிருந்து (From novel Athichchoodi):

சோதிடந் தனையிகழ் (mock astrology)

புதியன விரும்பு (aspire the new)

தையலை உயர்வு செய் (extol women)

யாவரையும் மதித்து வாழ் (live with respect for all)

யவனர்போல் முயற்சி கொள் (endeavor like the westerner)

வேதம் புதுமை செய் (reform Vedas)

Cheers!

p.s. It is very unbecoming to engage in ad hominem attacks against Mahakavi Bharathi. Attack his ideas if you must, but let us not attack him as a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s. It is very unbecoming to engage in ad hominem attacks against Mahakavi Bharathi. Attack his ideas if you must, but let us not attack him as a person.

nara,

i am more than aware of the attack on bharathiar, from the extreme elements (or those purporting to be them).

these do not identify themselves, and hide under the cowardice cloak of anonymity of the web.

i discount them to minus zero in credibility.

certainly, like all of us, subramanian, went through phases of life. who doesn't? he grew, matured and became the 'BHARATHI' whom we know and admire.

does it deny his ultimate genius? his revolutionary thoughts? the beauty of his poems? his love of Tamil?

i bow before him with all the humility that i can muster.

even the most fervent 'dravidian' has paid homage to bharathiar. those who deny him, are தமிழ் இன துரோகிகள் in my opinion.

as a proud தமிழன் i wish them to the netherlands of envy and self destruction...

thank you

I love Bharathi's poems. He is a Mahakavi no doubt about it.

But as a freedom fighter, what he achieved.

Most of the TB were with Mahathma Gandhi during freedom struggle.

Few TB worked under British Government, mostly the so called `middle class', just to make a living. Since they were paid by British, they couldn't open their mouth infront of their bosses. It doesn't mean that they supported their bosses.

Few others like Veera Vanchi, Neela Kanta Brahmachari, Gomathi Sankara Dikshidar etc took violent path. Their path didn't achieve the desired results but we cannot ignore their sacrifices.

Bharathi was not fitting into any of the above. When an arrest warrant came, he escaped to French territory. He didn't oppose French openly. When he tried to illegally migrate through Cuddalore, he was arrested by British.

After his release he met Mahathma Gandhi at Chennai. Mahathma Gandhi didn't entertain him for reasons which we don't know. Most of the TB community was with Mahathma Gandhi and was not with Bharathi.

Probably out of frustration he has written something against TB community which Dravidian parties are taking advantage.

Most of the TB community was with Mahathma Gandhi and was not with Bharathi.

Probably out of frustration he has written something against TB community which Dravidian parties are taking advantage.

Bharathi was for the entire nation and the total Tamil population, not for TB's alone. I felt sad, when I read it somewhere, that, only 14 people attended for his funeral.. Doesnt matter, he made his presence strong in his history book, thankfully, not alone as a TamilBrahmin, but as a great Tamil freedom fighter and Poet.

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

I never intended to mock at you and if I had caused such feeling in you I am sorry for it.

Of all the writers in this forum, you stand alone in the skilful use of words. I wish I had it. For me, who learnt ABCD in VI std., studied in Tamil medium and had never been to a college, you looked simply great. I found Bharathi greater in his mastery of English. Comparison is done only between near-equals. We say “Platinum is costlier than gold”, and not “than iron”. It was your humility, as becomes great men, to disown that honour and liken yourself to a speck of sand and him to Himalaya.

I write and rewrite several times before posting a short letter as this. I found it formidable to translate my long pieces on Bharathi and Vedam and discontinued them; and I blame none for this.

If you permit some meandering into Tamil, பிராமணாள் ஹோட்டல்னு போர்டு போட்டிருக்கேன்னு நுழைஞ்சுட்டேன். உள்ளே வந்தப்பறம் தான் தெரியறது, பர்கர், பிஸ்ஸா வாங்கினாத் தான் இட்லி, தோசை குடுப்பா ன்னு.
I learnt that this is not the forum for 'English theriyatha asadu' like me and I will quit it, after finishing the committed posting of Ammaiyar’s songs where I borrow translations.

Dear Sri Vikrama,

I have been reading your postings of Karaikal Ammaiyar regularly. Please don't disappoint me. Once I requested english translation also just to help others. After that you are posting english translations of Sri T.N.Ramachandran (Sekkizhar Adipodi) which is excellent. Please contrinue to post regularly.

Please don't leave the forum

All the best

Song: nirpathuve - பாடல்: நிற்பதுவே நடப்பதுவே பறப்பதுவே
Movie: Bharathi - திரைப்படம்: பாரதி
Singers: Unnikrishnan - பாடியவர்: உன்னிகிருஷ்ணன்
Lyrics: - இயற்றியவர்: பாரதியார்
Music: Ilayaraja - இசை: இளையராஜா
Year: - ஆண்டு: 2000 நிற்பதுவே நடப்பதுவே பறப்பதுவே
நிற்பதுவே நடப்பதுவே பறப்பதுவே
நிற்பதுவே நடப்பதுவே பறப்பதுவே நீங்களெல்லாம்
சொற்பனந்தானோ? பல தோற்ற மயக்கங்களோ?
கற்பதுவே கேட்பதுவே கருதுவதே நீங்களெல்லாம்
அற்ப மாயைகளோ? உம்முள் ஆழ்ந்த பொருளில்லையோ?
வானகமே இளவெயிலே மரச்செறிவே
வானகமே இளவெயிலே மரச்செறிவே நீங்களெல்லாம்
கானலின் நீரோ? வெறும் காட்சிப் பிழைதானோ?
வானகமே இளவெயிலே மரச்செறிவே நீங்களெல்லாம்
கானலின் நீரோ? வெறும் காட்சிப் பிழைதானோ?
போனதெல்லாம் கனவினைப்போல் புதைந்தழிந்தே போனதனால்
நானும் ஓர் கனவோ? இந்த ஞாலமும் பொய்தானோ?
காலமென்றே ஒரு நினைவும் காட்சியென்றே பல நினைவும்
கோலமும் பொய்களோ? அங்குக் குணங்களும் பொய்களோ?
காலமென்றே ஒரு நினைவும் காட்சியென்றே பல நினைவும்
கோலமும் பொய்களோ? அங்குக் குணங்களும் பொய்களோ?
காண்பவெல்லாம் மறையுமென்றால் மறைந்ததெல்லாம் காண்பமன்றோ?
நானும் ஓர் கனவோ? இந்த ஞாலமும் பொய்தானோ?
கற்பதுவே கேட்பதுவே கருதுவதே நீங்களெல்லாம்

Courtesy: AKR Consultants (Aakiraa)

G Soundara Rajan

vikrama,

i don't think it was you who mocked me.

i think we are all here to learn, exchange and understand. these are by their nature very simple activities.

personally, i do not think, you should leave the forum, because of your supposed lack of mastery of english. i understand you fine.

i do not think, it is right, to give up so easily.

i suggest, you stick with it here, and continue to persevere.

i have always felt that the only foolish words are those that are not uttered. everything else is worth its weight in gold. or if you prefer, platinum :)

cheers sir, and hoping to hear tons more from you :)

பாரதி எனக்கு இஷ்டம். சில பிராமணர்க்கு வாஞ்சி நாதன் தியாகி ஆஹ இருக்கலாம் ..காந்தி அவரை சந்திக்க மறுத்திருக்கலாம். பிரான்ஸ் பாண்டிச்சேரி அவருக்கு அடைக்கலம் கொடுத்திருக்கலாம் .. என்னாலும் , சரித்திரத்தில் பாரதிக்கு மாத்தரம் தான், இடம் உண்டு . பாரதி எல்லா தமிழனுக்கும் மரியாதைக்குரியவன்.

I love Bharathi. few brahmins may outcaste him for he took assylum in pondichery or for not gandhi meeting him. vanchi and few brahmin names could be cited as great freedom fighters. But when history is written, its only the 'Bharathi' stands tall. Bharathi is for all tamilians , cos we need all tamilians. Let one do not make politics out of it.

Dear Sri vikrama Ji,

I initially warned you about posting in only tamil and since then you have been doing an yeoman's job in translating. I really appreciate that on behalf of our non Tamil knowing members.

Now, if fully translating the verses in english is exacting a heavy toll on you, I have a suggestion - just give a short gist of what the whole poem/song says. The idea is to atleast let the non tamil speaking members understand what you are posting - it need not be a line by line translation. We can allow this, because you are a sincere man.

We used to allow all tamil postings in the past, which were done once in a while. But we passed this no tamil only posting policy, unfortunately because some 'self styled' tamil advocates started saying that english is a 'foreign' language and as Tamil Brahmins we need to post only in Tamil.

Looking forward to your beautiful postings for a long time to come. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

I never intended to mock at you and if I had caused such feeling in you I am sorry for it.

Of all the writers in this forum, you stand alone in the skilful use of words. I wish I had it. For me, who learnt ABCD in VI std., studied in Tamil medium and had never been to a college, you looked simply great. I found Bharathi greater in his mastery of English. Comparison is done only between near-equals. We say “Platinum is costlier than gold”, and not “than iron”. It was your humility, as becomes great men, to disown that honour and liken yourself to a speck of sand and him to Himalaya.

I write and rewrite several times before posting a short letter as this. I found it formidable to translate my long pieces on Bharathi and Vedam and discontinued them; and I blame none for this.

If you permit some meandering into Tamil, பிராமணாள் ஹோட்டல்னு போர்டு போட்டிருக்கேன்னு நுழைஞ்சுட்டேன். உள்ளே வந்தப்பறம் தான் தெரியறது, பர்கர், பிஸ்ஸா வாங்கினாத் தான் இட்லி, தோசை குடுப்பா ன்னு.
I learnt that this is not the forum for 'English theriyatha asadu' like me and I will quit it, after finishing the committed posting of Ammaiyar’s songs where I borrow translations.

It is the fact that Sri subramanya Bharathi met Mahathma Gandhi. But Mahathma Gandhi didn't entertain him for reasons best known to both of them.

Ultimately the movement lead by Mahathma Gandhi only got freedom for the country.

At the same time, no body is disputing the contribution of Sri Subramanya Bharathi during freedom struggle. Nobody is disputing his talents in Tamil Language.

At the same time, no body is disputing the contribution of Sri Subramanya Bharathi during freedom struggle. Nobody is disputing his talents in Tamil Language.

The fact according to me is, Bharathi is not a disputable fact. Do we dispute on God.. According to me , he is more than a Gandhi, sadly, he was not gifted with a long life.

I would proclaim, he is more than a Gandhi.. Bharathi was not an opportunistic like Gandhi... I say this with all due respect for the 'Father of Nation'

The fact according to me is, Bharathi is not a disputable fact. Do we dispute on God.. According to me , he is more than a Gandhi, sadly, he was not gifted with a long life.

I would proclaim, he is more than a Gandhi.. Bharathi was not an opportunistic like Gandhi... I say this with all due respect for the 'Father of Nation'

If you think Mahathma Gandhi is an Opportunist, then there is no point in discussing with you. Good bye

ஒன்று பரம் பொருள்

In spite of his non-brahminical looks and tirade against hypocrisy of Brahmins, Bharathi had great regard for Vedas and had deep knowledge of them. Not only his devotional songs but other songs and essays also display his love for Vedas. His patriotism, desire for social reform and regard for womanhood are all based on Vedas.

I have authored a book titled 'Bharathi seytha Vedam', highlighting this. It has been published as e-book by www.sangapalagai.com - Tamil Stories & eBooks Online and the print version is likely to appear in December. In this and subsequent posts I propose to give some extracts from the book.

Gist of today’s post

Bharathi treated all religions alike. He sang songs on Allah and Jesus also besides on Kali, Vinayaka etc. The vedic ‘Pragnanam Brahma’ forms the basis of his religious principle.

பாரதி இந்து மதத்தின் மீதும் வேதங்களிடத்தும் பெரு மதிப்புக் கொண்டிருந்த போதிலும் பிற மதங்களைச் சமமாகவே போற்றினார். எல்லாச் சமயங்களும் கடவுள் ஒன்றே என்று தான் கூறுகின்றன. ஆயினும் ஏன் தகராறு? தன் சமயத்தையே நன்கு அறியாத அரை குறை மனிதர்கள், “நான் வணங்குவது மட்டுமே கடவுள், மற்ற சமயத்தவர் வணங்குவது பேய்களை, பேய் வழிபாடு செய்வோரைத் திருத்துவது அல்லது அழிப்பது என் கடவுளுக்கு உகப்பானது,” என்ற வகையில் பேசுகிறார்கள். அத்தகையோருக்குப் பாரதி அறிவுறுத்துகிறார் -

வேடம்பல் கோடியோ ருண்மைக்குள வென்று
வேதம் புகன்றிடுமே- ஆங்கோர்
வேடத்தை நீருண்மையென்று கொள்வீரென்றவ்
வேதமறியாதே

நாமம் பல்கோடி ஓர் உண்மைக்கு உள என்று
நான்மறை கூறிடுமே- ஆங்கோர்
நாமத்தை நீருண்மை என்று கொள்வீரென்று அந்
நான்மறை கண்டிலதே.

வெவ்வேறு பெயர்களில் வழிபடப்படுபவை வெவ்வேறு தெய்வங்கள் அல்ல. அவை அனைத்தும் ஒரு தெய்வத்தின் வெவ்வேறு வேடங்களே. இந்த வேடங்களைத் தெய்வத்தின் மீது மனிதர் தாம் சுமத்துகின்றனர். அதன் உண்மையான சொரூபம் சுத்த அறிவு ஆகும். இதை உணர்த்தும் வேத வசனம், “ப்ரக்ஞானம் ப்ரம்ம” என்பதைப் பாரதி மிக எளிமையாக வெளிப்படுத்துகிறார்.

“ஆயிரம் தெய்வங்கள் உண்டென்று தேடி
அலையும் அறிவிலிகாள் -பல்
லாயிரம் வேதம் அறிவொன்றே தெய்வமுண்
டாமெனல் கேளீரோ”
எனது சமயம் அழிந்து விடுமோ என்ற அச்சமும், எல்லா மதங்களுக்கும் உட்புகுந்த கருத்து ஒன்றே என்பதை அறியாமையுமே சமய வன்முறையின் அடிப்படை. வீரமில்லாமல் இந்த அச்சங்களுக்கு இடமளிப்பவர் எந்தச் சமயத்தவரானாலும் இறைவனை அடைய முடியாது என்கிறார் பாரதி.

வீரமிலா நெஞ்சுடையார் சிவனைக் காணார்
எப்போதும் வீரமிக்க வினைகள் செய்வாய்
பேருயர்ந்த ஏஹோவா அல்லா நாமம்
பேணுமவர் பதமலரும் பூணல் வேண்டும்

“ஒவ்வொரு மனிதனும் தனித் தனி இயல்பினன். அவனவன் மதம் அவனது தனித் தன்மையைப் பொறுத்தது. எனவே இன்னும் இரண்டு கோடி மதங்கள் பெருகட்டும். எத்தனை பேர் எத்தனை விதமாக வழிபட்டாலும் உண்மை ஒன்றே” என்கிறார் விவேகானந்தர். பாரதி அதனை வழிமொழிகிறார்-

பூமியிலே கண்டமைந்து மதங்கள் கோடி
புத்தமதம் சமணமதம் பார்ஸி மார்க்கம்
சாமிஎன ஏசுபதம் போற்றும் மார்க்கம்
ஸநாதனமாம் இந்துமதம் இஸ்லாம் யூதம்
நாமமுயர் சீனத்துத் தாவு மார்க்கம்
நல்ல கண்பூசி மத முதலாப் பார்மேல்
யாமறிந்த மதங்கள்பல உளவாமன்றே
யாவினுக்கும் உட்புகுந்த கருத்திங்கொன்றே

தெய்வம் பல பல சொல்லிப் பகைத்
தீயை வளர்ப்பவர் மூடர்
உய்வதனைத்திலும் ஒன்றாய் எங்கும்
ஓர் பொருளானது தெய்வம்
என்கிறார் பாரதி. அல்லாவைப் போற்றி அவர் பாடுவதைக் கேட்போம்-
பல்லாயிரம் பல்லாயிரம் கோடி கோடி அண்டங்கள்
எல்லாத் திசையிலுமோர் எல்லையில்லா வெளிவானில்
நில்லாது சுழன்றோட நியமம் செய்தருள் நாயகன்
சொல்லாலும் மனத்தாலும் தொடரொணாத பெருஞ்சோதி
அல்லா அல்லா அல்லா

இதே கருத்தைக் காளி மீது ஏற்றிப் பாடுகிறார்.

விண்டுரைக்க அறிய அரியதாய்
விரிந்த வான வெளியென நின்றனை
அண்டம் கோடி வானில் அமைத்தனை
அவற்றில் எண்ணற்ற வேகம் சமைத்தனை

பாரதி விநாயகருக்குச் செய்யும் அர்ச்சனையைக் கவனியுங்கள். தொல் பழம் தெய்வங்கள் உள்பட, வெவ்வேறு பெயர்களில் வணங்கப்படும் இந்துக் கடவுள்கள் மட்டுமல்லாது இஸ்லாமிய கிருத்துவப் பெயர்களும் ஒரே பரம்பொருளைக் குறிப்பதை விளக்குகிறது அது.

விநாயக தேவனாய் வேலுடைக் குமரனாய்
பிறநாட்டிருப்போர் பெயர்பலகூறி
அல்லா யெஹோவா எனத் தொழுது இன்புறும்
தேவரும் தானாய் திருமகள் பாரதி
உமை எனும் தேவியர் உகந்த வான்பொருளாய்
உலகெலாம் காக்கும் ஒருவனைப் போற்றுதல்

இறைவி இறைவன் இரண்டும் ஒன்றாகித்
தாயாய்த் தந்தையாய்ச் சக்தியும் சிவனுமாய்
உள்ளொளியாகி உலகெலாம் திகழும்
பரம்பொருளேயோ, பரம்பொருளேயோ
ஆதிமூலமே அனைத்தையும் காக்கும்
தேவதேவா சிவனே கண்ணா