• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are We Really Concerned About Our Community?????Let us do a Retrospective Analysis

I was the only idiot who stood under the tree enjoying the water shower singing "raindrops keep falling on my head" silently in my mind at the same time BUT the kids just looked at each other asking me? is this what you wanted to show us?

They didnt feel anything!
It happened to me also when I took my nephews to travel in the train of tenkasi to aryankavu in TN and when I explained enjoying the mountains and tunnel (I knew it already) they have not shown any interest

I agree with you. We are individualistic so do not participate in a group activity.
But to post in this forum may be too harsh.
Dear Sri Prasad,
Recently I read about opinion forming wherein it states, "Social influence is the process by which we as individuals adapt our opinion, revise our beliefs, or change our behavior as a result of social interactions with other people. In our strongly interconnected society, social influence plays a prominent role in many self-organized phenomena such as cultural herding". What we write is our own reaction to the events. As the old Greek saying goes " Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" . Even the expressions and language we use differs.
Best wishes,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I seriously dont mind an Amish life style!
It would be a welcome break from this over-digital world.
Children these days do not even get fascinated by anything natural.

I have a quite a tall Henna tree in my house and some other wild flower creepers hang from it too so beautifully and when it rains the whole tree gets weighed down by the water droplets and bends like a umbrella and I was showing it to 2kids who came to my house and i told them stand under the tree and i will shake it and fragrant water droplets would fall on us.

I was the only idiot who stood under the tree enjoying the water shower singing "raindrops keep falling on my head" silently in my mind at the same time BUT the kids just looked at each other asking me? is this what you wanted to show us?

They didnt feel anything!

Yes I could understand the changed situation Doctor.
Unfortunately we have lost the life of contentment. Also to appreciate the beauty of nature.
But, in recent times, especially after the shut down of social reactions due to COVID19, kids who spend more time inside the house or the locality, realise beauty of nature and show compassion to animals and insects that visit our house. We as elders should impress to them that we are part of nature and should adopt ourselves in the cycle to enjoy the beauty in creation. As all our festivals are celebrated in line with the six seasons.
I used to tell my grand daughters that the fruits, vegetables and grains we eat are the result of the toil of so many people.
I tell them "wealth and knowledge are given to us to share, otherwise they are useless muck".
Wishing you well,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Kabir das said:
Laalan ki nahin booriyan, hansan ki nahi paat
Sinhan ke nahi lehade, aur sadhu na chale jamaat

You do not have sacks of Rubies, Royal Swans do not walk in formations.
Tigers do not have a pod, and Sadhus do NOT walk in groups.

Last edited:
Kabir das said:
Laalan ki nahin booriyan, hansan ki nahi paat
Sinhan ke nahi lehade, aur sadhu na chale jamaat

Tigers do not have a pod, and Sadhus do in walk in groups.

It should read:

Tigers do not have a pod, and Sadhus do not walk in groups.

Yes I could understand the changed situation Doctor.
Unfortunately we have lost the life of contentment. Also to appreciate the beauty of nature.
But, in recent times, especially after the shut down of social reactions due to COVID19, kids who spend more time inside the house or the locality, realise beauty of nature and show compassion to animals and insects that visit our house. We as elders should impress to them that we are part of nature and should adopt ourselves in the cycle to enjoy the beauty in creation. As all our festivals are celebrated in line with the six seasons.
I used to tell my grand daughters that the fruits, vegetables and grains we eat are the result of the toil of so many people.
I tell them "wealth and knowledge are given to us to share, otherwise they are useless muck".
Wishing you well,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Very true sir.
I fully agree with you.

Good Morning All
Based on the latest conversation...
One thing.. everyone wants an easy life.
I wont say self centered but not ready to come forward for a common cause..
The basic purpose of this thread itself is defeated....The entire conversation is just about the Individual perspective.... there is no common cause...."How I can Live Peacefully"..
Our peace cannot be considered as a community Change...
Thanks
K Ramesh

It happened to me also when I took my nephews to travel in the train of tenkasi to aryankavu in TN and when I explained enjoying the mountains and tunnel (I knew it already) they have not shown any interest
hi

i enjoyed too...towards KOLLAM ROUTE.....very nice train pleasant journey...now new broad guage...
the mountains are called...connected to ayyappa....

Here people dont think as a community..
Resurrection of our old custom is the only way.. that too as a community...
That seems to be next to impossible.. they way people react to these posts..
People in this fourm says they dont want to be isolated from the society, but they dont mind get isolated from their own community...they want a new system.... they dont want to take any hardship.. just an easy life..
The real Brahmanan ... Impossible to find now...
K Ramesh

Honestly doesnt it ever strike to you that life is finally a personal path?
As much as your efforts are appreciated but at a certain age it will dawn upon us humans that its finally actually a one man show personal journey and may be people want to be alone.

Honestly doesnt it ever strike to you that life is finally a personal path?
As much as your efforts are appreciated but at a certain age it will dawn upon us humans that its finally actually a one man show personal journey and may be people want to be alone.
May be its a personal journey, At the end we need 4 people to move, 4 people to do the samskar..
There is no concept of Singular in our life. We are inter dependent.. Of Course, as a community.
People who ever talks about the individuality, personal path, journey, new system, isolation, society.. all can never ever achieve anything.
If our forefathers thought in the same way... we wouldn't have got all these scriptures, systems, values and respect what Brahmins have now.
K Ramesh

May be its a personal journey, At the end we need 4 people to move, 4 people to do the samskar..
There is no concept of Singular in our life. We are inter dependent.. Of Course, as a community.
People who ever talks about the individuality, personal path, journey, new system, isolation, society.. all can never ever achieve anything.
If our forefathers thought in the same way... we wouldn't have got all these scriptures, systems, values and respect what Brahmins have now.
K Ramesh
But life goes on isnt it?
We get up, eat, work, pray etc..then one day die.
Its pretty much thats all to life.

But life goes on isnt it?
We get up, eat, work, pray etc..then one day die.
Its pretty much thats all to life.
Its upto an Individual to decide just live and die or do something to the community and die..
Before we die, should do something to the community...which had been ignored by the rest of the society for no reason.
Naama Makkalaa pirakkirom.... Makkalaa thaan saaganum.. Maakkalaa illa..
K Ramesh

Its upto an Individual to decide just live and die or do something to the community and die..
Before we die, should do something to the community...which had been ignored by the rest of the society for no reason.
Naama Makkalaa pirakkirom.... Makkalaa thaan saaganum.. Maakkalaa illa..
K Ramesh
but seriously is the situation that bad?

I always felt most of the Tamil Brahmins are resilient and survive against all odds and mostly are doing well in life especially abroad.

I really feel may be you could be wanting an ancient feel to time.

but seriously is the situation that bad?

I always felt most of the Tamil Brahmins are resilient and survive against all odds and mostly are doing well in life especially abroad.

I really feel may be you could be wanting an ancient feel to time.
Yes,
"A Stich in Time Saves Nine"
We cannot wait for the worst situation to come..
When the community moves out of its normalcy then, its an indication of start of bad situation..
Intercast Marriages, stop doing the Nithya Karmas, thatppanam, Sradham etc., Stop Kuladeivam Vazhipadu, bracing other Dharmas for benefits etc., are the indications.
yes, we survived all the Odds when we were following the above mentioned list..
Now slowly its all vanishing....
No one can understand who the Brahmin is... its easy for people to target..and infact my own community itself ready to give up... (Effect of liberalization)..
Anyway..I have Started... will carry on...
K Ramesh

Yes,
"A Stich in Time Saves Nine"
We cannot wait for the worst situation to come..
When the community moves out of its normalcy then, its an indication of start of bad situation..
Intercast Marriages, stop doing the Nithya Karmas, thatppanam, Sradham etc., Stop Kuladeivam Vazhipadu, bracing other Dharmas for benefits etc., are the indications.
yes, we survived all the Odds when we were following the above mentioned list..
Now slowly its all vanishing....
No one can understand who the Brahmin is... its easy for people to target..and infact my own community itself ready to give up... (Effect of liberalization)..
Anyway..I have Started... will carry on...
K Ramesh

Ok lets see this from a technical point of view:

Intercaste marriage:

DNA studies do show presence of ASI gene and ANI gene in all Indian regardless of caste from North to South of India with varying proportions and presence of R1a1a Haplogroup in any caste of the subcontinent and but with higher proportions of it seen in Brahmins of the North of India and slightly lesser in Brahmins of South India who have a higher ASI gene but with higher R1a1a Haplogroup when compared to other Non Brahmin south Indians.

Ok..what does this show?
That inter caste exchange of DNA had happened in the ancient past.

No one person in India is a pure breed of any kind.

This goes to show that human civilizations have always been in flux..may be for a while it has endogamy then it starts its mixing about as per nature.

So can you really stop this?

Next is Kuladeivam worship.
Not many people are into this anymore as Vedanta is preferred these days than to ritual worship.
Kuladeivam itself isnt Vedic in origin and it was embraced by Brahmins as it was the local culture.
Brahmins only did rituals/yagnas in the past and not even idol worship.

Pre -existing Pre Vedic -Agama Shastras too amalgamated with Vedic school of thought and we have various forms of deity worship today.

So what you practice itself as a Brahmin today is a result of fusion of schools of thoughts of both the Vedic and Non Vedic ideologies in the past.

So what is 100% the same anymore?
Its not and never would be becos Sanathana Dharma is an evolving one.
Not a rigid fixed one, hence its survived sans violence and was all inclusive.

So frankly speaking what are you trying to save and prevent?
You really cant stop flux and change.

The core values can be preserved.
Many people after Covid-19 have shifted to more Vedantic ways of prayer becos when all temples were shut we could only rely on our Inner self and God and nothing else.
With the Vedantic mindset one might not want to adhere to Kula Deivam or image worship as before.

Its not totally wrong to go beyond that becos the goal of Sanathana Dharma is to go beyond all conditioning and realize the Truth.

Ok lets see this from a technical point of view:

Intercaste marriage:

DNA studies do show presence of ASI gene and ANI gene in all Indian regardless of caste from North to South of India with varying proportions and presence of R1a1a Haplogroup in any caste of the subcontinent and but with higher proportions of it seen in Brahmins of the North of India and slightly lesser in Brahmins of South India who have a higher ASI gene but with higher R1a1a Haplogroup when compared to other Non Brahmin south Indians.

Ok..what does this show?
That inter caste exchange of DNA had happened in the ancient past.

No one person in India is a pure breed of any kind.

This goes to show that human civilizations have always been in flux..may be for a while it has endogamy then it starts its mixing about as per nature.

So can you really stop this?

Next is Kuladeivam worship.
Not many people are into this anymore as Vedanta is preferred these days than to ritual worship.
Kuladeivam itself isnt Vedic in origin and it was embraced by Brahmins as it was the local culture.
Brahmins only did rituals/yagnas in the past and not even idol worship.

Pre -existing Pre Vedic -Agama Shastras too amalgamated with Vedic school of thought and we have various forms of deity worship today.

So what you practice itself as a Brahmin today is a result of fusion of schools of thoughts of both the Vedic and Non Vedic ideologies in the past.

So what is 100% the same anymore?
Its not and never would be becos Sanathana Dharma is an evolving one.
Not a rigid fixed one, hence its survived sans violence and was all inclusive.

So frankly speaking what are you trying to save and prevent?
You really cant stop flux and change.

The core values can be preserved.
Many people after Covid-19 have shifted to more Vedantic ways of prayer becos when all temples were shut we could only rely on our Inner self and God and nothing else.
With the Vedantic mindset one might not want to adhere to Kula Deivam or image worship as before.

Its not totally wrong to go beyond that becos the goal of Sanathana Dharma is to go beyond all conditioning and realize the Truth.
What you want to tell or prove.
I don't understand.
If you want to give keep giving information from Internet you can.. but all cannot be considered true..
So many information is forged or mis quoted.
Its just a Belief...If I believe im a 100% True Clan... I am... I dont want anyone's authentication for that..
DNA/RNA all these things u can see in our temples itself as Sculptures of Naga Devatas... So, what ever u bring as science already existing....
Agamas... Dharmas.. Vedas... always rite.
Even, if anyone dies, in that area, or on Grahanam Day, the temple is closed.. So we can take this into this catagory..
Inter Cast, Inter Dharma, Inter-religion Marriages are not good for any one..
Pasu-Pasuvoda thaan seranum..
I dont believe in Hi-Low breeds..
K Ramesh

I got it from another Thread:-

I read recently in fb which I have given it as a screenshot
Screenshot_2020-09-08-14-16-13-937_com.android.chrome.jpg

What you want to tell or prove.
I don't understand.
If you want to give keep giving information from Internet you can.. but all cannot be considered true..
So many information is forged or mis quoted.
Its just a Belief...If I believe im a 100% True Clan... I am... I dont want anyone's authentication for that..
DNA/RNA all these things u can see in our temples itself as Sculptures of Naga Devatas... So, what ever u bring as science already existing....
Agamas... Dharmas.. Vedas... always rite.
Even, if anyone dies, in that area, or on Grahanam Day, the temple is closed.. So we can take this into this catagory..
Inter Cast, Inter Dharma, Inter-religion Marriages are not good for any one..
Pasu-Pasuvoda thaan seranum..
I dont believe in Hi-Low breeds..
K Ramesh
Its not from internet.
Its from understanding of DNA and also history.
I do not rely on internet and instead I use my knowledge in related fields.

DNA does not lie so the fact is inter mixing is inevitable and no single race in the world is pure.

We cant classify people as High Low or any breed becos at the end of the day even the human body has to be transcended and discard.

Adhering to one's culture and tradition is fine but should not have shades of pride and prejudice otherwise there isnt actually any culture at all..
Culture isnt just about rites and rituals...its about understanding humanity and its inter connectedness.

Endogamy is fine too becos its easier to marry a person from the same culture for a smooth sailing marriage but then again you can only advocate it but consenting adult children could choose different communities.

Coming to mixed castes ...the last time the Vedas was re-arranged and compiled it was a mixed individual who did it.
It was also a person from a hunter community who wrote the Ramayan.

I visited a mental hospital, and there i met many patients who believe what they want. But without authentication from the ward doctor, they would not be allowed to go home.

Similarly believing that you are 100% whatever without DNA authentication, is false.

I visited a mental hospital, and there i met many patients who believe what they want. But without authentication from the ward doctor, they would not be allowed to go home.

Similarly believing that you are 100% whatever without DNA authentication, is false.
I don't go to Mental Hospital for any reason and meet any Mental Patient.... as neither they understand what I say nor I understand what they want to convey...
your conversation is just resembles the situation.
you should not make comment reading in between the lines..
If you do so, then you will definitely visit the Mental Hospital... hope you know the reason.
Thanks
K Ramesh

I don't go to Mental Hospital for any reason and meet any Mental Patient.... as neither they understand what I say nor I understand what they want to convey...
your conversation is just resembles the situation.
you should not make comment reading in between the lines..
If you do so, then you will definitely visit the Mental Hospital... hope you know the reason.
Thanks
K Ramesh

I go to mental hospitals as I volunteer my time there.
There i met a patient who is restrained as she believes she can fly. Believes are not facts,
The Nazis believed in the purity of the white race, see where it lead them to.

Now that science can determine a person’s racial and ethnic origins from a cheek swab, those devoted to ideas of racial “purity,” are employing methods of mind games and logic twists to support their beliefs despite facing evidence of their own multiracial heritage.

Researchers Aaron Panofsky and Joan Donovan of UCLA looked at the way members of the white supremacist website Stormfront handled finding out the results of their DNA tests. Panofsky explained that due to the potential for conflict over their very identity, these test takers were often supported in several ways that, frankly, are obviously not true.

“When a subject would take the genetic ancestry test (GAT), the results to this group were good or they were bad,” Panofsky said. “Sometimes it was a matter of ‘Well I thought I was Irish, but actually I’m Norwegian, so I’m still very white, hooray.’ But if the news was what these white supremacists would consider to be bad, defined as evidence of heritage from, for example, Middle Eastern peoples, this is where it would get interesting.”

The first method to maintain the idea of racial purity was simply to reject GAT as a basis of knowledge about an individual’s heritage. Trust in family history and records were deemed superior to “some test.”

In the Pali Canon, the Buddha has many conversations with brahmins who, clearly provoked by his ideas of radical equality, routinely approached him to argue and learn. Late in the Middle Length Discourses, we meet a group of 500 brahmins who live in the town of Savatthi, where the Buddha is staying at the time. When they hear that the Buddha has been teaching that all the castes are equally “pure,” they are outraged, and decide to send a smart young brahmin to go and debate him.

In the following conversation between the Buddha and the proud brahmin Assalayana (after whom the Assalayana Sutta is named), the Buddha offers some ways to address the obdurate belief in superiority of caste, race, or any other birth group.

Master Gotama, the brahmins say, ‘Brahmins are the superior caste; any other caste is inferior. Only brahmins are the fair caste; any other caste is dark. Only brahmins are pure, not non-brahmins. Only brahmins are the sons and offspring of Brahma: born of his mouth, born of Brahma, created by Brahma, heirs of Brahma.’ What does Master Gotama have to say with regard to that?

The Buddha begins to dismantle Assalayana’s notions of superiority by noting that we all enter the world the same way:

But, Assalayana, the brahmins’ brahmin-women are plainly seen having their periods, becoming pregnant, giving birth, and nursing [their children]. And yet the brahmins, being born through the birth canal, say, “Brahmins are the superior caste . . .”

The question should be are we really concerned about India?

Sarhad pe marne wala the har vir tha Bharatvasi.

If you expand your horizon you will not be worried about such mundane things.

I understand that people in power do not like to lose it, so they try to claw back to the top.
So in this age where caste politics dominate the political scene, the disadvantaged want any means to gain their glory days. I guess that is human.

Latest ads

Back