• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

are there educational institutions only for (poor) brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
are there any educational institutions only for brahmins?

Even simple one year IT course in databases, web, art and music?

the kerala iyers trust sponsors poor brahmins for education. if you are the candidate or if you know of candidates, who have specified needs please contact them through the web

Kerala Iyers Trust |

best wishes...

Sri.Kunjuppu,

I sincerely think, we should also sponsor one or two unfortunately poor deserving canditate through their studies. What is your opinion about this? Can we take this as a 2010 resolution and try to make it happen?

Matter of fact, I am requesting all the members to think about this. Thank you.

Cheers!

Sri.Kunjuppu,

I sincerely think, we should also sponsor one or two unfortunately poor deserving canditate through their studies. What is your opinion about this? Can we take this as a 2010 resolution and try to make it happen?

Matter of fact, I am requesting all the members to think about this. Thank you.

Cheers!

yes that's a good indeed.

every better off person can choose how many children he wants to sponsor.

if each of us can sponsor just one child for his/her education, it will go a long way to a making a better country.

my mother sponsored education for girl children until they completed their studies all thru her active earning years. now my spouse and i do the same.

just ensure that you get regular feedback on the child's progress and care that the child is receiving.

Please approach National College, Trichy for boys and its sister institution Indira Gandhi Women's college for ladies. They can admit deserving candidates for B Sc Computer Science or BCA. They have financial support schemes also for poor students.

I am an alumini of National College, Trichy but presently I am not in touch with them.

If you require further financial support, please give the details to this forum.

All the best
are there any educational institutions only for brahmins?

Even simple one year IT course in databases, web, art and music?

I am at a cross road to evaluate free coaching classes (leading to a 1 year MCA or two MCA) to only brahmins though I don't believe in caste or religion or sometime God itself. I believe in doing good things to people, mostly in love all. serve all. But as a human I do fail sometime following this path.

However, the ground reality is "Brahmins are suffering" . It is true. But brahmins are solving this problem by running away and not really doing anything about it, so more suffering is passed on to those who are left behind. I have seen brahmins are not even vocal about this in public, unlike Jews or Muslims or Christians. White americans are not running away from USA just because Obama gives away goodies to blacks. They stay and fight. But brahmins - run away. Some of them even take alcohol (like me, not anymore though) and meat (like me, not anymore). I have comeback and living like a brahmin for the past 10+ years.

Politicians are here to keep the people divided because of obvious reasons, now they want to entice muslims who population is growing at an exponential curve. So, the mahans are increasing quotas everywhere in colleges, offices and whereever they think they can get away. Muslims will take the benefits, hey why not? It worked for everyone, let it work for Muslims also. What's wrong with that? Slowly in 10+ years, the reservation quota for Muslims will be at least 25%

Anyways, I have no problems with the reservation system because we realize that it is numbers game. More people represent a community, more benefits go to them. This is obvious to all of us.

I would like help out Brahmins in some way, probably even starting a non-profit. Because ST and SC get govt attention. MBC and BC have reservation systems. Christians get money from foreign countries and have hospitals to cater to them. Once again, please not that I don't believe in caste or religion. My heart goes to brahmins community because I suffered and my wife suffered too extensively. It is just not human to go away citing that I believe in Love all and Serve all. I do believe in Love all Serve all. But ground reality is : Nobody is lifting any finger.

Please discuss what can I do.

I need concrete ideas. How to execute them? How to get NGO status? How to process candidates? Where to setup? can we get non-profit status in US or EU?

I need meat...

Shri Care5,

You can run Schools as well as Arts, Science and Commerce colleges exclusively for poor brahmins. You can offer post graduate courses including MCA, MBA etc. Government will not interfere in admissions even if it is in Tamilnadu. You can form a charitable trust, society or non-profit company under Section 25 of Indian companies Act to run the institution.If you are getting any form of Government aid, then Government will not interfere in admissions.

However any professional college offering Engineering, Medical etc are subject to state reservation policy. State Government will take 65% of the seats and you can fill the remaining 35% subject to minimum mark guidelines.

The above are the present position in Tamilnadu.

All the best

SHASTRA is an engineering college....I don't think TN govt is interfering with them. I am not sure though.

care5,

pardon me for saying this. i think, one has to remove the cobwebs of hatred even before one starts doing good.

do good for the right reasons.

personally, i do not think, that the muslims are as well off or as favoured as you would like to think. it has been documented over and over again, that they are among the poorest of the people in india, barrinig probably the dalits.

i am not saying that i am not prejudiced, for as humans, we all are, and i think, prejudices define us.

but, i think, the nature of what you chose to believe, is faulted in its validity. beyond which i do not wish to go.

why not wish 'just to do good'? you can target the poor brahmins as the target of your choice.

based on my minimal experience, i think, TBs have very few who are wanting. ofcourse, not everyone will be a millionaire or IT wizard. but the community by and large are well off, compared to the previous generation, and also compared across board to other communities.

we are mostly middle class. we have several individual efforts to help out the unfortunate ones, especially the youth who wish to move ahead.

care5, there are always a group of complainers and whiners, who excuse their own inadequacy, laziness and prejudices in terms of being victimized. it is easy to fall prey to their moans and groans, and i suggest that you strongly desist from falling a victim to such.

surprisingly, i have found, that the intense need for our poor, is health care related. the operations are prohibitively expnsive and these families are double whammied, the sickness, and the loss of income from a prime earner.

having said this, i wish to say, that i admire your desire to help, though i do not necessarily consider your 'conversion' to a clean living 'brahmin' by abjuring meat/alcohol which you once favoured.

those are personal choices, and i think, should be a criterion for any good deed.

thank you and best wishes.

SHASTRA is an engineering college....I don't think TN govt is interfering with them. I am not sure though.

Shastra is a deemed university and hence is not under state government control. They give preference to brahmins but I don't think they give any reduction in fee.

Getting admission in Engineering college is not a problem but only fee is the problem.

All the best

Sri Care5

The brahmin community in villages have to be provided with proper school education. Unfortunately in Tamilnadu, government run schools are in a very bad shape. There are no proper teachers and even if there is a teacher mostly they are not competent and sincere. Probably a trust to help poor brahmin children will be of great help.

Loans are available for college education and up to Rs.four lakhs no security is required. We can help people to avail educational loans.

Probably we can help on career guidance for the students.

If you are interested, please inform us through this forum so that we can organise our resources. We can evolve proper mechanism to verity beneficieries also.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back