• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anna Hazare arrested. Crowds swell in support. What will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully JSS will be able to prove that the audio tapes are fake because in a serious situation, such a tape will not be "in circulation" imo, as claimed by sunnews. Still, this will do sufficient harm to the reputation of the Mutt. I continue to hold the view that the mutt which was "claimed to be" one of the aamnaaya mathams by CSS comes to its end within 3 incumbents; real meteoric!

As one sows so one reaps including "walking gods"!

Hopefully JSS will be able to prove that the audio tapes are fake because in a serious situation, such a tape will not be "in circulation" imo, as claimed by sunnews. Still, this will do sufficient harm to the reputation of the Mutt. I continue to hold the view that the mutt which was "claimed to be" one of the aamnaaya mathams by CSS comes to its end within 3 incumbents; real meteoric!

As one sows so one reaps including "walking gods"!
I was once told about Varanasi Rajagopala Sarma being beaten up when he raised questions on Kanchi Paramacharya and the mutt's origin and his complete relocation to Benares, to the extent of his fear over the mutt. Do you have information about him and any details on what happened. It seems like he came out with a book and is this story reliable.

I was once told about Varanasi Rajagopala Sarma being beaten up when he raised questions on Kanchi Paramacharya and the mutt's origin and his complete relocation to Benares, to the extent of his fear over the mutt. Do you have information about him and any details on what happened. It seems like he came out with a book and is this story reliable.

Shri subbudu,

I am not aware of Varanasi Rajagopala Sarma or his book. But the followers of the Sringeri mutt had brought out a pamphlet (monograph?) during the 1970's claiming that it was the true account. I have read the pamphlet and there was a resolution of the Kasi Vidwat Sadas of 1930 or so which said that there was no evidence to change the time-honoured belief that Adi Sankara set up only four aamnaaya mathas, not five and so on. The resolution said also that it was not possible to recognize the Kanchi mutt as one of the original mutts installed by Sankara, and so on.

quote from one of the comments from the hindu ...

Prof.Thorat has brought very important issue in this high voltage campaign of Jan Lokpal Bill.The common people are swayed by the words anti-corruption movement.However, in reality it is an anti-constitutional movement to make a dictator in the name of Lokpal who would have uncontrolled powers above the constitutional authorities. Except President of India it will have powers to put any government servants, judges and elected representatives in jail in the name of corruption.The real problem with India is corrupt social system which allows certain class and caste people to robe majority of people from their rights in broad daylight.On 25, November 1949 in the Constitution Assembly Dr.B.R. Ambedkar said "If they adopt the revolutionary methods, however good the Constitution may be,it will fail.It is futile to pass any judgement upon the Constitution without reference to the part which the people and their parties are likely to play". Constitution must be upheld from Lokpal hysteria.

here is teh full article which explains the provisions within the constitution to enforce changes. the issue of corruption, i think, cannot simply be rid through laws. it is an mental infrastructure issue, starting with living wages for folks in power. next, i think, do away with immense bureaucratic rules, so that there is less need to interact with government servants for day to day issues and computerize renewals of certificates, passports etc. ie tke the human interface out.

The Hindu : Opinion / Lead : Ambedkar's way & Anna Hazare's methods

... But the followers of the Sringeri mutt had brought out a pamphlet (monograph?) during the 1970's claiming that it was the true account. ....
Dear Sangom sir, among SVs also, it is this kind of identity related issues that animate them, pitting members of one Matham against that of another.

Questions like who came first, who is legit, who follows tradition correctly, come up as a routine. Many pamphlets deriding the practices of others have been released, eagerly read by a small group of vociferous guardians of tradition -- i.e. their version of tradition.

For example, in Sri Rangam, every time there is a purappaadu for Swami Sri Desikan (SSD), there will be huge crowd of Thenkalais at the Sannithi, not because they are moved into a bhakti frenzy for SSD, but because they want to ensure that the court order they obtained prohibiting SSD with a Vadakali namam on his forehead from coming outside the precincts of the sannithi, is adhered to. The moment SSD goes back into the sanctum, the crowd will dissipate faster than a NY cabbie honking, after a traffic light turns green.

There are many such instances of open pettiness from both sides. For all the claims of broadmindedness of Sanatana Dharmees, all I see now is a whole lot of dirty bathwater worshiped, but the baby, if ever there was one, is long gone, perhaps got up and left out of disgust.

Cheers!

Well..PM has sent a letter to Anna today, asking him to call off his Hunger Strike... Anna's health is fast failing..

PM has agreed to send the Jan Lokpal Bill to the Speaker to be routed to the Standing Committee for review.

He has agreed to Fast Track this issue of Anti-Corruption, if the Parliamentary Process and Procedures permitting.

It seems Pranab Muk will act as the Negotiator between Anna Team and the PMO.

What else can be done now, Anna's Thambis and Thangais?

Give your considered views to Anna!

Cheers.

Y,

I think MMS will do anything to get anna to sip some OJ and consider the ‘fast’ ‘broken’. what is needed is to break the
momentum of the movement and gain time.

all of MMS' actions are aimed towards acheiving just that.

For the next act in the drama, as you would rightly say,

‘wait and watch’

:)

I am becoming more and more suspicious and despondent as well, to see that this Anna frenzy has gone to Canada, US etc., too as shown in the channels! Are these true, I don't know.

All these people think that just like our purana stories, this one JLP will put an end to all corruption in India which I think is a fool's paradise idea. On the contrary, Ambedkar's views seem prophetic to me; this should not give rise to a super demon in the form of a corrupt JLP!

And even at this nascent stage AH seems to have all the adamantine qualities of MKG and more; otherwise why should not Team Anna take up PM's call for dialogue in right earnest and start discussing? Here petty egoism that Anna is a step above even the PM, seems to be working. And with such dictatorial tendencies I do not consider Anna to be a blessing to this nation but the opposite. Thorat's statement that in Ralegan Siddhi, the village Anna is credited with having made an ideal village, the SCs and Sts seem to be still segregated from the hidher castes is worth noting ;)

anna wants P.M to be included in his JLP and it looks like PM may agree to it, as a tactic, to strike a tough bargain on other points.

my question to anna&co is, what is the inability with the the current judicial system, while handling PM / ministers?

On 12 June 1975, a justice of allahabad high court found the PM guilty on the charge of misuse of government machinery (a kind of corruption) for her election campaign.
few years ago, court had made CM JJ & laloo guilty .suresh kalamadi/a.raja are already in judicial custody.

what difference JLP would make here, in handling such cases?

sangom,

india is definitely not high in the list of interests of usa media. they now have libya to keep them occupied. here in canada, anna gets news coverage as an item in the international news. nothing of the indepth reporting we find for sensational happenings.

all this can change, if anna kicks the bucket, while starving. :)

As per the TV reports here, MMS has been ordered by Sonia from US to write the letter to anna and start talks. MMS has not done this budging on his own. In a TV interview subramanyan swamy said that he is not blaming the PM as he is only a puppet. Proved once again.

Well, Pranab's team includes kurshid and sandip dixit, who is alleged to have made lot of money in the cwg scam.

Arundhati Roy

to be fair, here is a rebuttal to arundhati roy, from chetan bhagat.

chetan is a well known author, ex iit, ex iim ahmedabad, investment banker and now full time writer. Married to a tambram, he has the latest best seller, ‘two states’, a biofiction of his own marriage.

i expected a wee bit more from chetan. All he has done, is to repeat verbatim arundhati’s post and denied it, without any cogent argument.

The fact that anna is 74 and wears a Gandhi cap, is not a good enough reason.

Chetan has quoted from bhagvad gita, "Nothing is permanent". The Gita also says, "When the pot of sin overflows, something happens to restore order.".

Maybe anna has a good cause and even a better case. But with chetan being such a mediocre apologist for anna, I am inclined to tilt towards arundhati – atleast for her skills in penning a better quality article. :)

anna's haranguer at ramlila grounds today:-

"I told him then that I would decide by 10pm after listening to my conscience"- true arrogant dictators never had worked by conscience while on duty hours.

"Please do not mistake me for (not taking the medicine)" :-- is he trying impress some jevoha witness supporters out there.

"If someone from government comes here to evict me forcibly you people should go and block the gate. But you should be peaceful":--- according to his interpretation of IPC, stopping a government official from delivering his duty seems to be a peaceful act. how about blocking the gates of parliament?, peacefully of course!

"Even if my kidney fails, there are many people here who will give theirs" :--- dont worry mr.PM, frankly, i want to live for another 10 years. in case you let me down by not force feeding me,i already have drafted a good contingency plan for safe guarding my kidney?

"I have given my heart and I am ready to give my life also," :-- a quick U-turn.. how about donating your kidney? (sorry, receiving)

Anna's health worsens, refuses hospitalization - The Times of India

one consensus had arrived in the all party meeting today..

all party meeting mean, the ruling party want to do some act, but dont want to enforce it unilaterally, just because they have the majority in parliament, in spite want to win the confidence of opposition party in parliament, before venturing...

in line with that, the meeting of all parties in Parliament requests Shri Anna Hazare to end his fast.

it infers, uni vocally, it indicated that, our parliament soon may also ask Anna Hazare to stop his suicide!!

lets see, what the dictator has to say.

It appears that Jan Lokpal Bill has been already sent to the Standing Committee for review...this SC has membership from ALL political parties.. and it requests inputs from everyone..

That removes the need for Varun Gandhi or someone else in BJP messing with this issue..

Team Anna must realize that Procedures and Process of the Parliament must be followed in formulating legislation... it could take several weeks for the SC to send its recommendations to the Parliament.

What if SC rejects Anna's core principles? What if Parliament defeats some or all of his wishes?

What rights he has to force any body to do anything?

Unless he imagines he IS the Dictator! Lol Our Dictator-In-Making is against Democracy! Lol

Hello Sarang,
Even after seeing the Massive support and the Difiant Annaji.the Govt is trying to make the Anna team an'Ullu' by forming teams with members like Sandip Dixit. and Dragging the issue for one or other reason.
Alwan

Last edited by a moderator:
The Govt is Dragging the issue is to give Sufficient Time for Sonia to wipe out The Swiss Bank Account to show that she is Clean.

Many suspicious report says that Mrs Sonia,went out of the Country,not for Medical Grounds.Even if it so,why did she Went abroad without informing People?

Almost all PMs and even our Hon'ble Ex CM Dr MGR too was in Bruklin Hospital in US.
The whole people of TN knows,when he went and Welcomed him in Airport when he arrives.

The people saw the Photos of MGR when he was under Treatment in US.

So it is Very Suspicious That Mrs Sonia went out of Our Country only to Cheat People and Not on Medical Grounds.

do you know, it only cost rs.400 (8$) to register a domain and host an info stating T.S.S from madurai had stashes rs.4000cr in Swiss Bank Generale de kujuppu !!

Sir

1)As per your Quote no body from the side of those listed has approached The Court yet and File Defamation Suit.If they are clean on their part Definitely they might have did it.

2) If it is possible to include any ones name in it as you said,why there is no names of BJP people so far released ?

The Govt is Dragging the issue is to give Sufficient Time for Sonia to wipe out The Swiss Bank Account to show that she is Clean.

Many suspicious report says that Mrs Sonia,went out of the Country,not for Medical Grounds.Even if it so,why did she Went abroad without informing People?

Almost all PMs and even our Hon'ble Ex CM Dr MGR too was in Bruklin Hospital in US.
The whole people of TN knows,when he went and Welcomed him in Airport when he arrives.

So it is Very Suspicious That Mrs Sonia went out of Our Country only to Cheat People and Not on Medical Grounds.

i understand you are an ardent BJP supporter. no issues,and i respect that.

but, while BJP was in power, what stopped them not to disclose (rather expose) the swiss bank accounts of the leaders of opposition party like, sonia, chidambaram, stalin, karunanidhi etc? why harping now?

if its CM JJ on BJP shoes, and if your data is true, she would have ensured that Sonia Gandhi or Chidam Baram locked in tihar !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Paranoia....Now, people know how False Propaganda get started...

Mrs. Gandhi appears to be a very Private Person.... that's good... she doesn't like hogging the limelight, which now belongs to Anna Hazare and his Team Anna!

Where's the problem?

ps. Why didn't Anna include the NGOs and the Corporates in his Anti-Corruption Campaign?

So that he can spend Rs.220000 of his Trust's money to celebrate his birthday next year too! Lol

Last edited:
do you know, it only cost rs.400 (8$) to register a domain and host an info stating T.S.S from madurai had stashed rs.4000cr in a Swiss Bank called 'Generale bank de kujuppu !!

TSS,

you are opening up yourself for arrest and defamation. particularly from folks who know that you are a bjp chela. this list is a fake. look at the way the names are spelt - many of them partly or split like our PC (no initial). probably some north indian guy who has no clues how to spell tamil names. atleast he could have done his homework right.

fyi, the blogspot idlivadai, which has a huge following, prudently removed the same list, within hours, after warning from some responsible folks.

tss, in your case, praveen will be obliged to hand over your email addres and you can easily be traced through your business. you may able to convince the judge that you are innocent, but only after protracted court time and lawyer fees. not sure if bjp will help you with that.

good luck!!

...ps. Why didn't Anna include the NGOs and the Corporates in his Anti-Corruption Campaign?
This is definitely a serious question. I just can't support a JLP that exempts big corporations and NGOs. TSS, and other supporters of this bill as is, what is your response?

The JPL I will support is one that goes after corruption in high places, both inside and outside government.

Cheers!

Anna aide Arvind Kejriwal said if anything happens to Anna, the Prime Minister will be held responsible.

good,the p.m should immediately accept his responsibility and prevent this suicide attempt at any cost. may be force feed him, or smoke 'em out, pack the podium lock stock and barrel & shift it to the nearest ICU.

buoyed by all party assertion, that the parliament is supreme, i think, the govt is going to take a tough stand now.

now anna has ordered his gangs to picket the house of mp's and ministers, but in a peaceful manner!

i wonder how picketing and peace, go together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back