• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Alexander vs Porus – who was Porus, where is Buchaphelus & Nicea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are 'kamarupinis' and can take any form - ugly or seductive or beautiful. A group of people in UP claim they are the descendants of Ravan and worship him and celebrate his achievements. I believe he killed brahmins and rishis, terrorised devas and earthlings, disrupted yajnas, and that is why all celestial beings approached visnu to eliminate him. The devas assisted rama, an avatar of vishnu, by being born as vanaras.

Why should sita love ravan, when she is already married to rama, biggest catch, who is a 'patnivratan'.

You must tell your son the truth, citing the source.

Dear Jaykay Ji,

Ravana was a good looking guy and yet no one has painted him as how he looked like.

Everyone made him look ugly.

This is totally unfair.

Since good looks run in families..most probably Surphanakha too would have been beautiful and people down played her beauty to prop up Seeta.

That is why when I teach my son Ramayan I tell him the truth that Ravana was not ugly as it is depicted.

Both are 'kamarupinis' and can take any form - ugly or seductive or beautiful. A group of people in UP claim they are the descendants of Ravan and worship him and celebrate his achievements. I believe he killed brahmins and rishis, terrorised devas and earthlings, disrupted yajnas, and that is why all celestial beings approached visnu to eliminate him. The devas assisted rama, an avatar of vishnu, by being born as vanaras.

Why should sita love ravan, when she is already married to rama, biggest catch, who is a 'patnivratan'.

You must tell your son the truth, citing the source.

Dear Sarang ji,

I have noted that in most stories..the Asuras are invariably Shiva followers and the Good Guys are always Vishnu followers.

Ok logically speaking the Asuras never hated God..Most of them were great devotees of God...so it does not make sense as why should they resort to killing Brahmins/Rishis or stopping any Yagna when they are not Anti God.

There seems to be something fishy here..may be all the so called Brahmin killings..stopping Yagna was just a clash of opinions of school of thoughts..may be the its Shaivaism Vs Vaishnavaism.

So who ever wrote the Purana would have called his opponent an Asura.

Ok coming to Sita..I wonder if she ever regretted not falling in love with Ravan?

Ravan no matter what..even though had multiple wives kept all of them well.

Being Patnivrat is of no use if one chooses to abandon an innocent wife.

Dear Renuka,

Like the bad guys, good guys can also be bad, to the bad guys I mean just like you see in some of the tamil movies

Dear Renuka,

Like the bad guys, good guys can also be bad, to the bad guys I mean just like you see in some of the tamil movies

Yes you are right..so it all depends who wrote the story.

It is their point of view we are reading.

Last edited:
I recently visited Baijnath Shiv Mandir about 50 kms from Dharamshala in H.P...Here the shivling installed in the temple is said to have been carried by Ravana...As a mark of respect, effigies of Ravana are not burnt during Dussehra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back