• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Alexander vs Porus – who was Porus, where is Buchaphelus & Nicea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the folks who are new to my posts – pl read my earlier post on – “Brahmins – Our True Origins” & then read this post.

Alexander’s Historian – Arrian (so you know where the word Aryan comes from J) writes that Alexander confronts King Porus in India (Greeks called our land as Indo / Indae..) in the famous battle of Hydaspes !!

Hydaspes stands for God-River & in our case, it can only mean Ganges - River Cauvery – Read my earlier post to find out why Cauver is Ganga !

King Porus moves his elephant army across the river to the south & waits for Alexander to cross the river & fight him.

Alexander crosses the river, for the first time meets an Elephant Army & it breaks through the famed Greek Phalanx causing a lot of damage & chaos. Alexander changes tactic, scares the elephants & finally captures King Porus. He releases him after the famous exchange – Alexander - I want to be treated like a King !!

After this famous war, Arrian writes, he continues to conquer the land till the mouth of the river. Beyond the Kingdom of Porus, there was a more bigger kingdom – Magadha in the Gangetic Plains with over 9000 elephants in their Army & then they will reach the great eastern sea wall !!

His Army faced with another massive Elephant Army revolts against Alexander & refuse to continue the Conquest. So Alexander goes back, leaving some of his soldiers back in India under Selecus.

Now as I said earlier, only Coorgies near the mouth of the River Cauvery have claimed they are the descendants of Alexander soldiers for centuries & they also had a pact with the Colonial British.

Correct Magadha is in Karnataka / Tamil Nadu. Infact there was a kingdom called Magadai Mandalam in Tamil Nadu & there is a place called Magada in Kanataka.

Alexander founded 2 cities near the Cauvery – Buchapheles (named on his horse) & Nicea !!
Mythical City of Buchapheles = Bangalore,
Mythical City of Nicea = Mysore !!

so you know know the great history of our cities & kingdoms !!

King Porus is the Pandian King – Purushottama (All researchers agree – Porus stands for Purushottama), Mandya is the land of Pandya, that’s why Pandavapura is in Mandya, Karnataka !!

As I said in my earlier post, the alexander soldiers split & create great empires in South india. Ravana is the Great Brahmin King – ruled from Troy/Lanka/Badami. Ayyole which is very near to Badami is called – “ARYAPURA”. Ravana Padhi Cave is the oldest cave temple for Shiva in Ayyole. Badami has 4 Caves – Shiva Cave, Vishnu, Jaina, Buddism – so you know all the religions came from this extra-ordinary kingdom.

After the Narasimhavarman vs Pulekeshi II war, Narasima takes the Vatapi Ganapthi Statue & the Brahmins to Tamil Nadu – and asks them to write the Ramayana !!. That’s why we call ourselves Vadama ( and our good friends – follower of Vibhishana - Vadagalai J ) & Sanskrit originates in the Ravana Kingdom & hence called as VadaMozhi.

Kannada Kings were great patrons of Telugu Literature, hence the famed Carnatic Music has such a large body in Telugu since it originates in Karnataka – Carnatic !!

By the way Singapore has a legend – that it was founded by a descendant of Alexander soldier. So you know, all the south indian kings intermarried with the Alexander soldiers &called themselves Arya, they conquered south east asia, singapore etc.. carrying this culture, religion, legend etc..

On a more religious note, Elephants continued to protect our south kingdoms from the Mughals for centuries & protected all our culture to this day !!. Only South Kingdoms had elephant armies, & you can see temple elephants worshipped to this day in all our south temples. Northern Kingdoms did not have such elephant armies, hence they fell to the Mughals without much resistance. Vijayanager empire had one of the largest elephant armies & stood as a wedge across Karnataka & Andhra for centuries protecting all of our culture.

That’s why people keep the Elephant God - Lord Ganesha in their homes, on their doors, in the Cars, Cabs, Trucks etc.. because it always protects us. That’s why people take their children to the temple & get them blessed by the Elephants, & such is the legendary belief that once the Elephant blesses the children, they will protect them for life from all enemies !!

Wish you all a happy Gowri & Ganesha festival !!

To my Brahmins friends on this forum: Pl tell all our kids about our true history & the legendary lineage, they will automatically marry within the community – there will be NO IC/IR marraiges !!

Last edited:
I think if we analyse the happenings across time, most of the stuff would seem related, but that does not mean that they are the same.

The above post as well as the post in the link http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/9474-brahmins-our-true-origins.html contains many categorical pronouncements, which, except for the articles (a, an and the), needs to be validated by proof and not simply by "because they are so".

Or perhaps I am all wrong, and this is indeed fiction !

well unfortunately truth is bitter :(. those who cannot rationally counter-argue always resort to name calling & worthless comments - LOL !!

well unfortunately truth is bitter :(. those who cannot rationally counter-argue always resort to name calling & worthless comments - LOL !!
Fortunately or unfortunately, your post itself is a good example of your statement... :)

I mean, what you have said are like chandamama stories - fascinating to read, but how to decide if that is the fact?

Last edited:
Unfortunately we do not have a section called fiction, or fantasy in this site. why do you try to rewrite history without any new findings.
We are in search of truth, why do people try to keep us from getting there. In historical times the people who try to dissuade rishis from there quest were called Demons, and even Rama was called to destroy such villains.

May be that is the only solution.

Auh auh auh (oh, I am just clearing my throat - LOL !!) - Another totally worthless comment, readers will decide on the merit - u don't need to be worried for others - LOL !!!!

why do people keep stopping others to know the truth. In the past, Mahishasuran was creating a lot of issues & stopping Brahmins from pursuing the truth, & he was cut off by Goddess Kali ! Maybe that is the only solution !!

JK (and I am not clearing my throat), really tell me, what else have you to offer as proof for those fantastical claims you have made.... on top of it you have made another smug comment as if there are a group of readers jostling one another in a bid to read the piece of fiction you have concocted.

I am rather amused by your replies and please do post on. Whenever I want a laugh, I will definitely visit this thread. LOL! :)

auh, auh (I amclearing my throat again) – you can laugh, you can cry, you can jump, I don't give a crap. if you want to have a rational discussion, then come with rational objections, instead of posting some worthless comment.

I have already provided my proof in my posts, so you need to come back & say why the proof I am quoting is wrong. for eg, when I say Ramayana, Troy & Narasimhavarman/Pulekeshin II are the same war it is because every one of theevent/sub event matches, so you need to logically analyze & find faults & say why it is NOT the same war.

Last edited:
auh auh (clearing my throat again) - when the Greek Historian Arrian writes that after the war with Porus across the river, Alexander captures all the land up to the mouth of the same river in the country of Indo/Indae, & then you find that the Coorgi community settled right at the mouth of the cauvery river claiming that they are the descendants of Alexander soldiers for centuries, it is basic common sense that the war must have happened near by. well, basic common sense is most uncommon - LOL !!!

I am sure there are number of inmates in the mental hospital with this grandiose hallucination.

well, there is another mental case now shocked by reading this true story & going to the mental hospital. Do you want me to pay for the transport :) - LOL !!

auh auh (clearing my throat again) - In the Rig Veda, there is battle of 10 kings involving - Aryans, Puru tribes & Bharata Kingdom etc.. , so all of them were adjacent kingdoms. Bharata Varshe is only Karnataka & Tamil Nadu - Only the dance form in Karnataka & Tamil Nadu are known as Bharata Natyam - Dance form of Kingdom Bharatha - Refer my earlier post for many more proof points. anyways, hope you learnt some history today. LOL !!

Dear JK, I have read that Megasthenes, when he heard about Krishna and Kalinga, had compared to Hercules and Hydra, but that is by no means a rational explanation to conclude that Hercules and Krishna are the same.

There may be parallels in many folklores, mythologies and legends; China have the dragon which could very well be the Sharaba, if we go by the logic that whatever is similar, must be the same.

Can't the Coorgi community have migrated? And how good are their claims?

And Bharata varshe is what???

If you have presented your conjectures to a recognized body, you could let us lesser mortals know about it.

And I think, there seems to be a problem with your throat as well !

auh, auh,(clearing my throat - LOL) - My throat is perfect, but when I read your comments, I have to clear my throat before responding.

Megasthenes one of the greatest historians in the world did NOT hear about Krishna & Kalinga & confused himself, he came to india, visited Magada & the Pandian kingdom & calls Madurai as Mathura - the land of Krishna/Heracles/Dionesys. He says, in the Pandian kingdom he was stunned to hear a story similar to Troy - Ramayana chanted by the priests !!. He also talks about the caste system in the pandian kingdom.

Yes, there are parallels in mythology & history, but you cannot have stories where million events are identical & then say they are different. Oh, it just happened 2 identical wars with every one of the events happened in Greece & South India separately – wow what a co-incidence it must be!! – really auh? LOL!!

Bharata Varshe is what ?, - Okay, now you really have no clue on our culture.Bharata Varshe is the land of Bharata & the south Brahmins chant "Bharata Varshe Bharata Kande Arya Vartha Arya Vanshi" in their mantras !!

Ramayana &MahaBharata are stories of Bharata kingdoms !!! – so you know the link.

Last edited:
I have just ordered for some Greek Coffee which the Alexander soldiers brought to south India & dutifully grown by the Coorgi community till today continuing the tradition to clear my throat :) :)

Dear Shri Jaykay,

I would not take the detractors seriously as their main forte is in finding faults however logical the posts may be. Their main tactic is to say something insulting and make you react with rage so that what you are saying loses its force. Genuine critics seem to be very rare.

Dear Shri Jaykay,

I would not take the detractors seriously as their main forte is in finding faults however logical the posts may be. Their main tactic is to say something insulting and make you react with rage so that what you are saying loses its force. Genuine critics seem to be very rare.
Is not pointing out faults the very basic of any reasonable debate?

Apart from sweeping statements and grandiose generalizations, there does not seem to be much logic here. What are you alluding to?

I have just ordered for some Greek Coffee which the Alexander soldiers brought to south India & dutifully grown by the Coorgi community till today continuing the tradition to clear my throat :) :)
Enjoy your Greek coffee, with a turkish taste, smelling of spices, but of course, all in true South Indian tradition; it will clear not only your throat...

And oh... the smiley... :)

Last edited:
Hi Sravna - Absolutely agree with you. Also this post is beyond their comprehension ability, hence they can only respond with such useless comments. Cheers,

auh auh (clearing my throat again) - In the Rig Veda, there is battle of 10 kings involving - Aryans, Puru tribes & Bharata Kingdom etc.. , so all of them were adjacent kingdoms. Bharata Varshe is only Karnataka & Tamil Nadu - Only the dance form in Karnataka & Tamil Nadu are known as Bharata Natyam - Dance form of Kingdom Bharatha - Refer my earlier post for many more proof points. anyways, hope you learnt some history today. LOL !!

Dear JK ji,

As far as I know the dance is called Bharata Natyam named after Sage Bharata who composed the Natya Shastra a text about Classical Dance,Music and Drama etc...therefore its is not becos of any geographical location that the dance is called Bharata Natyam...so your Bharata Varsha being only Karnataka and Tamil Nadu is questionable here.

Last edited:
< snipped >
Bharata Varshe is the land of Bharata & the south Brahmins chant "Bharata Varshe Bharata Kande Arya Vartha Arya Vanshi" in their mantras !!

South Indian Brahmins' samkalpam as per the aapasthamba soothra - which many follow - is as follows:

bhaaratha varshe bharathaH khaNDe merOH dakshiNE paarsve asmin varthamaane vyaavahaarike...kaaveree nadeetheere (or the nearest river according to the place in which this samkalpam is chanted) xxxx nagare/graame... and so on.

It therefore appears to me that even aapasthamba, who is considered to be from Godavaree river basin area (not north India) accepted bhaarathavarsha as a larger geographic area inside which was the piece called "bharatha: khaNDa" in which the mount meru was situated to the north.

Hi Renuka, Sangom,

Lets look at the evidences:

1. Our Sanskrit texts (specifically Vishnu Puranam) talk about the boundaries of Bharata Varshe as land that lies in the North of the Ocean & South of the Himalaya Mountain is the land of Bharata. So if you look at the land from the Indian Ocean, the sub continent is the land of Bharata & it is limited by the Himalayas. So you have to fix where the correct Himalayas are ?
2. Ramayana talks about Himalayas as a mountain range where large trees grow on the mountain, exotic roots & miracle herbs are grown. Hanuman goes from one hill to another in bare foot searching for Sanjeevini. Clearly the Ice clad Tibetan Mountain ranges cannot be the Himalayas.
3. Hima Giri mountain range is in Karnataka, beyond the Nandi Hills. Karnataka is known for the Lingayats – Major population are follower of Lord Shiva
4. Sanjeevini Hills is in Andhra.
5. Hima Giri Mountain is the tallest mountain from Nilgiris to the currently named “Himalayas”, even the Vindhyas are NOT the tallest.
6. Hima Giri is also the Mount Mero Parvathe in our Sanskrit texts
7. Mount Mero is one that stands in the middle of the world & is the tallest mountain.
8. In the Ramayana War – Ravana is known as Tripura Sundara – Most Handsome Man in 3 worlds. He conquers the entire world - defeats Heaven, Hell & the Land of the Humans.
9. Ramayana & Narasimhavarman/Pulekeshi II war are the same. No other war in this world which is fought on a lady – Victors claiming she was kidnapped, the defeated claiming she ranaway !!
10. Pulekeshi II defeats King Indra of Andhrapala,& defeats all the kingdoms & comes to Kanchi. He defeats Mahendravarman.
11. So Mount Mero stood in the middle of the world between these 3 kingdoms – Heaven, hell & Land of Humans. Middle of South India.
12. Pulakeshi II rules from Badami/Ayyhole, which is known as Aryapura. King Indra rules from Andrapala – All this from “written inscriptions”.
13. Hence land of Bharata is beyond these 2 lands rules by Ravana & Indra upto the Ocean. From Himagiri to the Ocean in south.
14. Story of Bharata – Menaka comes from Heaven –Kingdom of Indra & begets a child Shakuntala with Vishwamitra – Warrior. Shakuntala then marries Dushyanta & begets a child named Bharata.
15. King Bharata leads his Aryan army & conquered the Ganges plains exceeding Indra’s dominion upto the Ocean. So Hima Giri is the correct Himalayas & Cauvery is Ganga.
16. As per this, correctly the Bharata Natyam – the divine dance form of Bharata is present only in Tamil Nadu & Karnataka & nowhere else.

Trust this clarifies.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Dear JK ji,

You were saying about the believe that Singapore was founded by the descendants of Alexander the Great.

I have read that too.

Some people also call Alexander the Great as Iskandar Zulkarnain and till today historians are not too sure if Alexander and Iskandar are the same person cos Iskandar is believed to be a Mulsim....to add to the confusion some even believe that Iskandar is Skanda! (Lord Kartikeya)..so may be 100 years from now someone might claim that Singapore was founded by Skanda!

God knows how Malaysia got its name..some claim that it is named after the mountain Malaya cos pre independence Malaysia was called Malaya.

Anyway we have a road called Mahameru here..so don't ask me how all these names came here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back