• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Afterlife exists says top brain surgeon Dr. Eben Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing is believing. A short spell in coma can do wonders.

"Dr Eben Alexander, a Harvard-educated neurosurgeon, fell into a coma for seven days in 2008 after contracting meningitis.During his illness Dr Alexander says that the part of his brain which controls human thought and emotion "shut down" and that he then experienced "something so profound that it gave me a scientific reason to believe in consciousness after death." In an essay for American magazine Newsweek, which he wrote to promote his book Proof of Heaven, Dr Alexander says he was met by a beautiful blue-eyed woman in a "place of clouds, big fluffy pink-white ones" and "shimmering beings".

"He continues: "Birds? Angels? These words registered later, when I was writing down my recollections. But neither of these words do justice to the beings themselves, which were quite simply different from anything I have known on this planet. They were more advanced. Higher forms." The doctor adds that a "huge and booming like a glorious chant, came down from above, and I wondered if the winged beings were producing it. the sound was palpable and almost material, like a rain that you can feel on your skin but doesn't get you wet."

I know that many of my peers hold as I myself did to the theory that the brain, and in particular the cortex, generates consciousness and that we live in a universe devoid of any kind of emotion, much less the unconditional love that I now know God and the universe have toward us.
"But that belief, that theory, now lies broken at our feet. What happened to me destroyed it."
Afterlife exists says top brain surgeon - Telegraph

I read this..even though I believe after life exists but to a certain extent the mind will only see what the mind knows.

His version of heaven sounded like very much winged angel types and clouds etc.just like what a Christian is conditioned to believe.

I am sure if it was an Indian Hindu who had an after life experience he/she would have seen some Apsaras,Devas etc.

So the mind plays a significant role in perception.

BTW what I want to ask is for generations we Hindus have been stressing about After Life but now just becos some white guy is saying the same we are taking it as solid proof!LOL

Ha Ha Ha...looks as if we do not have that much faith in our own selves!LOL

Last edited:
When such articles are pointed out, We are not taking it as the only solid proof, but only trying to tell those that have run away abandoning it, that people who havent been exposed to these theories are finding validity in them.

BTW what I want to ask is for generations we Hindus have been stressing about After Life but now just becos some white guy is saying the same we are taking it as solid proof!LOL

Ha Ha Ha...looks as if we do not have that much faith in our own selves!LOL
You are correct Renukaji.. We indians do want everything approved and proofed by the Foreigners. Any small time politician or small time celebrity from foreign land says anything abt India or abt our customs immidiately it will be highlighted and the media and the general public will go gaga over that!!

Cheers.

When such articles are pointed out, We are not taking it as the only solid proof, but only trying to tell those that have run away abandoning it, that people who havent been exposed to these theories are finding validity in them.

I get want you mean..but if tomorrow I tell whole forum that Ghost exists everyone will say "hey she must be nuts yaar..its all imagination only"

But if some white guy tells "Well ladies and gentleman last night I had an encounter with an entity from another zone and therefore Ghost exists!"

Everyone will say '"Bravo..so true.. Bravo"

I get want you mean..but if tomorrow I tell whole forum that Ghost exists everyone will say "hey she must be nuts yaar..its all imagination only"

But if some white guy tells "Well ladies and gentleman last night I had an encounter with an entity from another zone and therefore Ghost exists!"

I will agree to one of your statements above, not both :)

You are correct Renukaji.. We indians do want everything approved and proofed by the Foreigners. Any small time politician or small time celebrity from foreign land says anything abt India or abt our customs immidiately it will be highlighted and the media and the general public will go gaga over that!!

Cheers.

Dear sir,

This is what I am trying to say...now people will think that heaven is full of winged harp playing cloud hoping angels!LOL

You see all near death experiences to a certain extent is very much dependent on the blood supply to the brain.

I have read before where there is severe compromise to blood supply to brain people experience near death situations.

I am not saying after life experiences are not true but you see the mind only sees what the mind knows.

He saw a Christian Heaven..if it was anyone of the male members here in Forum may be they would have seen Rambha or Urvasi or Menaka and forgot to chant gayatri too!

Some muslim would have seen the well promised virgins.

All men who get near death experience always say they saw some beautiful lady.

These doc also saw some beautiful blue eyed woman.

So far the woman patients I know who have had near death experiences never ever mentioned about any hot sexy guy in heaven.
Woman only see light,beautiful gardens, rivers, divine music etc..no sexy handsome guys OK!
So how come all men are getting this visions which women do not get??

So it shows our subconscious is wrecking havoc when we have hypoxia(lack of blood supply) to the brain.

Think it Over.

I am prompted by my life-experiences to believe that death is not the complete end of a human being (or for that matter any animal, bird, etc.). Something pertaining to that dead entity survives and either it causes a new birth or that "something" continues in a new body created by other factors and causes. Since no one has so far seen the other side of death (including the famous Nachiketas), several hypotheses have been made and almost all of them have a limited set of believers.

According to my belief, the kāraṇa śarīra formed by the sum total of our Karma whose results are un-experienced till the moment of death, survives even after death. But it has very limited power in the absence of some physical body and the senses-mind-intellect triad. But this kāraṇa śarīra also is capable of some limited kinds of experiences in a realm different from our earthly plane.

Humans under coma, delirium and such conditions get the experiences of the kāraṇa śarīra temporarily. The doctor's experience in the present case looks to me to be one such case.

There are websites about Life After Death (LAD) experiences and one common point in many of these experiences is that the person has to go through his/her immediate past life (as though a film is being viewed) realize the good and bad things he/she had committed and then an automatic awareness comes as to what lies before in the next birth. The person is then left to acquire the necessary skills and abilities to sail through the next birth successfully (akin to the 'study leave' for students before the exams.).

More brainy stuff: Bad company affects your brain

Beware; some company may affect the brain and hell may replace heaven.

London, Oct 11 (IANS) Bad company could affect your brain, scientists have discovered.
Whether you like someone or not can affect how your brain processes their actions, according to research from the University of Southern California.
Watching someone else move causes a "mirroring" effect - that is, the parts of our brains responsible for movement are activated by watching someone else in action.
But being around someone you don't like can send this process awry - you might think the person is moving more slowly than they actually are, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
The study took differences in race, age and gender into account.

Bad company affects your brain - Yahoo! News India

"if tomorrow I tell whole forum that Ghost exists everyone will say "hey she must be nuts yaar..its all imagination only"

No...No.. I will not say so...even If you try to prove...I have accepted Renuka Madam & her ghosts are having ever lasting bond..& friendship...!!

TVK

Hi Renuka,

All men who get near death experience always say they saw some beautiful lady.
These doc also saw some beautiful blue eyed woman.
So far the woman patients I know who have had near death experiences never ever mentioned about any hot sexy guy in heaven.
Woman only see light,beautiful gardens, rivers, divine music etc..no sexy handsome guys OK!
So how come all men are getting this visions which women do not get??

Just curious. What was the experience of the Gays?

Dear Renu

Before TVK asks you this, what did your ghosts look like - males/females/shemales ?

Hetero / Homo, is something that one can decide by ....................... .

Yay Yem

Dear Renu

Before TVK asks you this, what did your ghosts look like - males/females/shemales ?

Hetero / Homo, is something that one can decide by ....................... .

Yay Yem

Dear sir,

Response is good I see..so people do believe that Ghost exists!LOL

Ok here goes:

Ghost are not so much different from us humans..as I said before they are equally confused.
Sometimes I feel they fear us too and think by scaring us they are able to feel better of themselves and claim some territory like how dog's mark their territory with their famous lifting one leg and micturating!LOL

Well so far I have not yet seen any White Saree wearing Ghost..Most of them are some ill defined shadows that at times can just make a quick dash right in front of you anywhere and anytime.

Some have been white..some have been black and some come with not too good smell too.

Some have outline of humans too and room temperature drops too and lights do flicker when they come and go cos they do affect the electromagnetic field too.

One of my brother's friend once even recorded a voice of a ghost that was troubling him at his work place.

Lots of stories yaar..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back