• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

adoption of brahmin boy or girl child

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear hemanth,

God Bless you sir for such a noble deed. i cannot think of any other act so fulfiliing as giving a good life to a baby.

if you so be inclined to only adopt only a brahmin baby, that too is ok, for a baby is a baby. it does not know caste. only the parents do.

here are a few pointers that i have come to know from experience

- do you live in india? if so, it is important that once you view the baby, keep tab on it, and take it away as soon as possible.

- if you live abroad, ensure that there is someone in india whom you trust, will take care of the baby

- please do not entrust care of baby to foster care. these are usually money goblins who as a rule, do not have the welfare of the baby at heart. as a result long term damages can be done to the baby.

- better to take an orphan baby, as it will avoid future potential for demands ('blackmail') - emotional or monetary or otherwise

- ensure that as far as you/your wife are concerned the adopted one is equivalent to natural born. this is a message for your relatives and friends. more so for your relatives.

Best wishes for your endeavour in this regard. God Bless.

dear hemanth,

God Bless you sir for such a noble deed. i cannot think of any other act so fulfiliing as giving a good life to a baby.

if you so be inclined to only adopt only a brahmin baby, that too is ok, for a baby is a baby. it does not know caste. only the parents do.

here are a few pointers that i have come to know from experience

- do you live in india? if so, it is important that once you view the baby, keep tab on it, and take it away as soon as possible.

- if you live abroad, ensure that there is someone in india whom you trust, will take care of the baby

- please do not entrust care of baby to foster care. these are usually money goblins who as a rule, do not have the welfare of the baby at heart. as a result long term damages can be done to the baby.

- better to take an orphan baby, as it will avoid future potential for demands ('blackmail') - emotional or monetary or otherwise

- ensure that as far as you/your wife are concerned the adopted one is equivalent to natural born. this is a message for your relatives and friends. more so for your relatives.

Best wishes for your endeavour in this regard. God Bless.

Shri Kujuppu, Shri Hemanth,

I understand that adoption in the recognised legal way is all well-set. If the couple adopting are old, say nearing their 40's the law allows only grown up children of 5 or 6 years so that it will grow into an adult by the time the couple reach their retirement age and so on. Similarly, the people from the orphanage will inspect before and also come and check the baby, the house, etc. till they are satisfied about the well-being of the child. It is also insisted that the foster-parents reveal the fact of adoption at a particular age of the child, etc. Adoption by people staying abroad/foreign citizens may not be as rigorous as for those living in India.

Lastly, one just cannot get an authentic "Brahmin" baby from this source; I am sure of it. The very request may be considered unlawful. So, perhaps it may be necessary to search for other routes and locate some authentic brahman parents who are ready to give their child for adoption. I presume that is what Shri Hemanth desires. I wish him well in his endeavour, but, it seems difficult in today's conditions. Even such a religious adoption has to follow the sastraic injunctions plus may have to be registered lest the parents later create mischief alleging foul play.

Dear Hemanth,
Its so great of you & Ur Dear wife for wanting to adopt a Child. Recently my Managers son adopted a 6month old baby Girl, inspite of having a 2 year old son.But he does not know wheather its a Brahmin or Non-Brahmin child. By law they do not tell.Its really great heart.He did it all legally with proper Govt. & court approvals.Should U be interested I can give U his Phone No. Kindly contact me at 9444086666 or [email protected]

kunjuppu
thanks for your pointers. they are very useful. we are Indian residents and we want to nurture the child ourselves and not leave to anyone else.

Came across this site tending to brahmin matrimonials. so thought there will be something about brahmin adoptions also.

moreover we are strict vegetarians and follow rigid rituals in our house and we dont want to do injustice to the child we adopt.

We are thinking if we could be of help to some destitute brahmin child that why asked here - in this site....

so we have our opinions to look for a brahmin orphan child. If it is possible, well and good.

Last edited by a moderator:
sangom,

thanks for your reply.

i do not wish to belittle any child here

yeah, i know that if we had posted our requirement on any other site, it would be taken otherwise.

that is why i took liberty to post such query in tamilbrahmins forum only. this desire has been there in the corner of our heart since some time to give good life to a desitute brahmin child. if someone can help us in this endevour well and good.

we already know the age rules for adoption and after calculating all that we are asking for less than 2 years child - so that the child gets attached to us.

its nice to get replies so quickly to my post. so thanks

ambes,
thanks for your prompt reply and your intention to help us.

u have already made it clear that religion is not revelaed to the parents at the time of adoption. so i will discuss with my wife and if it ok for us, will surely write to you.

thanks once again for helping us in someway.

sangom,

thanks for your reply.

i do not wish to belittle any child here

yeah, i know that if we had posted our requirement on any other site, it would be taken otherwise.

that is why i took liberty to post such query in tamilbrahmins forum only. this desire has been there in the corner of our heart since some time to give good life to a desitute brahmin child. if someone can help us in this endevour well and good.

we already know the age rules for adoption and after calculating all that we are asking for less than 2 years child - so that the child gets attached to us.

its nice to get replies so quickly to my post. so thanks

Shri Hemanth,

In today's conditions we do not find brahman families (young couple who will have two or three year children) going in for more than one or at best two, because, of late there has been a general trend that a single child does not get full character formation as it grows up - of sharing, loving and all. So, it is next to impossible to find a child from brahmans. That is why I wrote, thinking that perhaps you are located abroad and do not know the situation here.

There is nothing wrong in your writing your desire to adopt a known brahman child. But if that becomes impossible I would request you to consider relaxing that condition and adopt any orphaned child so that it gets a beautiful life; that will be the best punyakarma both of you will be doing in this life.

kunjuppu
thanks for your pointers. they are very useful. we are Indian residents and we want to nurture the child ourselves and not leave to anyone else.

Came across this site tending to brahmin matrimonials. so thought there will be something about brahmin adoptions also.

moreover we are strict vegetarians and follow rigid rituals in our house and we dont want to do injustice to the child we adopt.

We are thinking if we could be of help to some destitute brahmin child that why asked here - in this site....

so we have our opinions to look for a brahmin orphan child. If it is possible, well and good.

hemanth,

i don't intend to beat up again on an already decided issue. but could not help myself by pointing out, that a child, if you brought it up as your own, will be 'a strict vegetarian, and follow the rigid rules of your house', for it knows no other.

so there is no 'injustice' involved as far as it is concerned.

it is certainly an often repeated phrase about 'helping a destitute brahmin child'. sangom has cautioned you, re the pitfalls of so narrow a search, in current day and times.

please keep us informed as to the results and once again, i wish you the best.

hi sangom,
yes there is logic in what you say - there are not more that 1 or 2 children per family in most of hindus leave alone brahmins. so it is a difficult situation to expect them to give away their child for adoption. and neither is our intention to tear away the child from their living parents (mother and father both alive).

We are looking for some organization as such which has a hapless vegetarian child, if we can find something like that.

We are Indian citizens staying in India and we know the social situations here

As we hear of brahmin/ vegetarian old age homes, brahming matrimonials, veda patasalai and brahmin samajam or associations, just have this small hope there will something as brahmin child adoption also !!

We are just giving our earnest try, that's it. Rest is left the desire of God. Anyways thanks for cauting us about the foulplays also that could happen

this eerie thing is always there in the back of our philathropic mind - but do not want it outshadow our vision.

hi kunjuppu
thanks for cautioning us. we slightly understand the pitfalls that may be possible.

anyways hope to sail through successfully in our quest, with the blessing of the Almighty.

hi sangom,
yes there is logic in what you say - there are not more that 1 or 2 children per family in most of hindus leave alone brahmins. so it is a difficult situation to expect them to give away their child for adoption. and neither is our intention to tear away the child from their living parents (mother and father both alive).

We are looking for some organization as such which has a hapless vegetarian child, if we can find something like that.

We are Indian citizens staying in India and we know the social situations here

As we hear of brahmin/ vegetarian old age homes, brahming matrimonials, veda patasalai and brahmin samajam or associations, just have this small hope there will something as brahmin child adoption also !!

We are just giving our earnest try, that's it. Rest is left the desire of God. Anyways thanks for cauting us about the foulplays also that could happen

this eerie thing is always there in the back of our philathropic mind - but do not want it outshadow our vision.

I don't know for sure but the Sivananda Asram may be having a vegetarian orphanage. You may like to try there.

adoption - boy or girl child

Could someone who has already legally adopted a child, shed some light on the following:

how much will the whole process cost ?

legal matter - how much fees ?

adoption agency - how much fees ?

and what are other miscellaneous costs ?

We want to be prepared with the money as and when we get the option for adoption

sangom,
thanks for a lead. we already tried this place an year ago.... will try to call them once again now...

Dear Sir, Your act is very noble.Instead of adopting a orphanage, it is better to adopt a very poor brahmins child of course the child being a father /mother less child.so that for practical and religious purpose thai is the gene of the child will be of abrahmin.This will be acceptable by sasthras to ensure that your forefathers will also get their pindas.
for this you can visit kanchimutt or sringeri mut and pray the acharyals to arrange one
s.gopalaswamy

Dear Sir, you can contact Mr Vekataraman whose address is as belowNo 6, Janakiraman street ground floor west mambalam, Chennai 33
gopalaswamy

sri gopalaswamy,
thanks for your reply. our endevour has been what you have said very correctly - embrace a brahmin child who is fatherless / motherless and in somecases a girl child, who is unwanted because of financial compulsions... this will be win win situation for all three -- us, child and its parents, who will not feel guilty...

thanks for your genuine intention to help us out.

Some 40 years back, Madam Glubwallah Jadav of Nungambakkam ran a home I forgot the name.(Seva Sadhan??) It had 70 to 200 male and female child and the home was at a place near vadapalani. I think it was Saligramam. Here each boy/ girl will be adopted by a foreign couple who will pay for their food cloth etc., and the foreigner will visit the adopted child once in a year and take photos. at the time of marriage they will unite the boy and girl in the same place. I know their activities well. and I was at a later date visited the home, since Gaithode, where I use to visit took me there and my father was working as a consultant or liaison for some time.

sri gopalaswamy,
thanks for your reply. our endevour has been what you have said very correctly - embrace a brahmin child who is fatherless / motherless and in somecases a girl child, who is unwanted because of financial compulsions... this will be win win situation for all three -- us, child and its parents, who will not feel guilty...

thanks for your genuine intention to help us out.

Please never adopt a child whose parents are known. This will lead to a lot of complications later. Like the parents may claim the child once he/she grows up. Or if and when their financial situation improves. And then the child most likely will go back to the original parents when he/she grows up.

Adopt only real orphans.

Last edited:
Please never adopt a child whose parents are known. This will lead to a lot of complications later. Like the parents may claim the child once he/she grows up. Or if and when their financial situation improves. And then the child most likely will go back to the original parents when he/she grows up.

Adopt only real orphans.

... to add to this: if the adoptee's parents' financial status gets worse, you are open for the most vile of blackmail. nacchi is 101% correct!!!!!

Again the child who is adopted is caught between the real parents and the adopted parents. Adoption of a poor relation's son was done in the old days to ensure that the final rites are done. Some times the adoption was done after the boy has become old. The boy resented this. Though the purpose of final rites are accomplished the adopted child rarely has real affection for the adopted parents. I have seen this once too often.

Unfortunately many Tamil Brahmins still do this.

Again the child who is adopted is caught between the real parents and the adopted parents. Adoption of a poor relation's son was done in the old days to ensure that the final rites are done. Some times the adoption was done after the boy has become old. The boy resented this. Though the purpose of final rites are accomplished the adopted child rarely has real affection for the adopted parents. I have seen this once too often.

Unfortunately many Tamil Brahmins still do this.

very true nacchi.i have a relative who did this. the son took all the wealth and enjoying it with his wife & family.

the (adopted) mother died. the (adopted) father last heard, living forlorn and sad in some village near kaladi. the father could have enjoyed the wealth instead of letting his adopted son into the business, usurp the wealth andkick him out.

good old fashioned brahmin waiting for funeral rites i guess!! not sure if the son would bother considering the ill feelings all around.

The flip side of the coin. I have a female relative, childless marriage, adopted a 1 day old baby girl – caste unknown. Now 30 years later, the daughter is like mother’s second skin; the parents have never been so happy as having this one loving child. Grandchild expecting

Last edited:
Nachi,
you have very very valid point... We have understood clearly all the pit falls that can happen and are happening to us !!

yeah though the world has not completely gone to the dogs, there are many many many cheaters in name of religion, caste and most of all - money !!

So all my earnest and genuine intention is getting lost.

kunjuppu,

good that you people are sharing views here. we want to adopt out of affection towards the orphan child and willingness to give a bright future to the child rather than think of our last rites - dont believe in it and we are young to think about it !! touch wood !!

yes in our endevour to find such a child we have found many failures. Also we keep hearing bad experiences more often than not.

Anyways thanks for giving us a positive side too !! -- This is a boost for us, not to lose hope !!

Dear Sir, you can contact Mr Vekataraman whose address is as belowNo 6, Janakiraman street ground floor west mambalam, Chennai 33
gopalaswamy

gopalswamy,
FYI,there is no such person there now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back