• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஓ அமெரிக்கா ...

How do indian youngsters change After going to US for studies.?

One post I read.

1.Respect own mother more.[after trying their hand at buying provisions, vegetables and doing their own cooking]. She did all this for him in india.

2. Respect housemaid and waiters. After doing part time jobs in college cafe most realise it is important to thank maids and tip waiters.

3.Most are taught by parents to bond with other indians in US. They realise other races -chinese ,koreans are also hard working and diligent. Some whites in US can

also be friends.But most move in their own circles and only deal with other races only for academics and not other things..

4 . If one wants to see US , public transport is no good. Best is to rent a car and travel with three others sharing driving duties.

5. One can relate to a friend/classmate, go for coffee followed by a movie, drink later and end up in bed.No parents or relatives to worry about.

I saw one episode of Quantico.

Priyanka chopra gets arrested with hand cuffs accused wrongly of killing a FBI agent. When she is taken in police van driven by african american woman, she helps her by giving her

handcuff key and helps her escape.I suppose indians are considered close to african americans

Last edited:
My answers in blue - from what I have observed!!

How do indian youngsters change After going to US for studies.?

One post I read.

1.Respect own mother more.[after trying their hand at buying provisions, vegetables and doing their own cooking]. She did all this for him in india.

Our boys always respect parents. The only difference is that they understand how hard it is to cook and clean!!

At least their moms had house maids to help; but here...........!!!

2. Respect housemaid and waiters. After doing part time jobs in college cafe most realise it is important to thank maids and tip waiters.

Not all them do part time jobs. Some get enough money as AID and feel shy to work as waiters. The unwritten rule

is to tip 15% of the total bill to the waiter. Wow! Some of them are so handsome and stylish students!! :thumb:

3.Most are taught by parents to bond with other indians in US. They realise other races -chinese ,koreans are also hard working and diligent. Some whites in US can

also be friends.But most move in their own circles and only deal with other races only for academics and not other things..

It is NOT taught by the parents. But most of the students keep in touch with their college-mates who are Indians. Tamil

and Telugu students are more in number. Those who visit temples get a few Indian friends living in their area. My d i l

has a few tambrahm girls in her close circle of friends. Whites are NOT very close to Indians though they are very friendly.

BTW, Boston people are really friendly. :)

4 . If one wants to see US , public transport is no good. Best is to rent a car and travel with three others sharing driving duties.

Since highways are excellent, travel by road, if there are four persons, is much cheaper that flight! Most of them travel by

road even if the driving time is 8 to 10 hours. Boston to New York takes only about 4 hours - distance is about 350 kms.

5. One can relate to a friend/classmate, go for coffee followed by a movie, drink later and end up in bed.No parents or relatives to worry about.
If the city is safe, women go for late night movies and return safely. Some cities like Detroit are unsafe after sunset! :fear:

In fact the married Indian girls have the permission of their hubby to eat out and or go to a movie once in a month!

Hubby takes care of the child / children! :cool:

I saw one episode of Quantico.

Priyanka chopra gets arrested with hand cuffs accused wrongly of killing a FBI agent. When she is taken in police van driven by african american woman, she helps her by giving her

handcuff key and helps her escape.I suppose indians are considered close to african americans

Most of the African Americans are very jovial, obese and friendly people! They DO like Indians a lot. :D

Last edited:
'அசெட்'டும், அசடும்!

அமெரிக்காவில் சென்று வீட்டு வேலைகளில்
அமைதியாக உதவினால்தான் மதிப்பு கிட்டும்!

'அசெட்'டாக இருக்கும் வரை பயமில்லைதான்!
அசடாக, உதவிக் கரம் கோரியபடிச் சென்றால்?

மதிப்பும் மரியாதையும் இருக்குமோ? அறியேனே!! :noidea:

If any senior citizen shows that he /she is helpless and dependant , married children even in india lose respect for them and they end up getting ill treated.

Most of the elder abuse in india is only by their kith and kin.

It is very sad.

வயது வித்தியாசம்!

நம்ம நாட்டில் பெண்கள் உஷார்தான்!
இந்த நாட்டின் பெண்கள் போல அல்ல!

தன் கணவன் அதிக பட்சம் இரு வயதே

தன்னை விட அதிகம் இருக்கணுமாம்!

தன்னை விடக் குறைவான வயதிலும்

தன் கணவன் இருக்கவும் விழைகிறார்!

புதிய இவ்வெண்ண
ம் நலமே - தனது
முதிய தாத்தாவை மணக்க முடியாதே!!

:shocked: ........... Florida Man Accidentally Marries His Granddaughter

More shocking news is this:

'The 68-year old and the 24-year old met on a dating website which focuses on coupling older men and young women.

The groom admitted seeing her picture was a "sense of deja vu", but he couldn't pinpoint why.

"Every couple is different and special in their own ways," the bride said. The couple has no plans of divorcing'.

I am reminded of this song:
Kasu Panam Thuttu Money Money

More shocking news is this:

'The 68-year old and the 24-year old met on a dating website which focuses on coupling older men and young women.

The groom admitted seeing her picture was a "sense of deja vu", but he couldn't pinpoint why.

"Every couple is different and special in their own ways," the bride said. The couple has no planis of divorcing'.

I am reminded of this song:
Kasu Panam Thuttu Money Money

Oh America? I am reminding of the song Oh oh Devados!

Last edited:
We have been spoiled by the western culture and we are now asked to learn from western culture. What an Irony! Any culture when it is very ancient in the course of time due to mix of many cultures will definitely get spoiled just like a fertile land spoiled by hibrid seed varities and chemical fertilizer. That is why our people not to marry inter caste, inter religion when the mix tolerance has gone to worse and now it has become worser. Still we are asking that to be followed. Every country which do gene research is coming to our country for uniqule gene pooling which is not found anywhere. Due to our mindless pursuits and without thinking about repurcussions , we blindly follow western way of life and still say that we have to learn from them. Actually they learnt all good things from us and we learnt all the bad things from them. Now is the time to realize and stand on our own culture than following mixed cultures.

.......Actually they learnt all good things from us and we learnt all the bad things from them. Now is the time to realize and stand on our own culture than following mixed cultures.
Dear Sowmya,

We should take good aspects from other cultures too. Many Indians think that leaving all our good traditional thoughts

and going astray is a new culture! That is really very sad!

உள்ளதில் நல்லதா?

இரண்டு போட்டியாளர்கள் மோதினால்,
இரண்டில் எவர் சிறந்தவர் எனக் கண்டு,

தேர்ந்தெடுப்பது மக்களுக்கு எளிதாகும்!
தேறாத தலைவராய் இருவரும் இருப்பின்?

:confused:

We have been spoiled by the western culture and we are now asked to learn from western culture. What an Irony! Any culture when it is very ancient in the course of time due to mix of many cultures will definitely get spoiled just like a fertile land spoiled by hibrid seed varities and chemical fertilizer. That is why our people not to marry inter caste, inter religion when the mix tolerance has gone to worse and now it has become worser. Still we are asking that to be followed. Every country which do gene research is coming to our country for uniqule gene pooling which is not found anywhere. Due to our mindless pursuits and without thinking about repurcussions , we blindly follow western way of life and still say that we have to learn from them. Actually they learnt all good things from us and we learnt all the bad things from them. Now is the time to realize and stand on our own culture than following mixed cultures.
What is better?undiluted milagu rasam or mixed up avial.

Some believe that Brahmins have maintained their exclusiveness within the country over generations until recently and have evolved as a community with genes[?]

capable of high achievements in various fields of endeavour. Other believe that inter mixing without thinking of caste religion or colour, east or west will lead to a

better result. There is nothing absolutely good or bad. there is a scale of good -bad inter mix.

I believe an open mind receptive to all humans and thru experience we will benefit more . Isolation and shutting of mind and experiences is harmful for all of us

i am here in States for the past three years with my daughter, after the demise of my wife. in fact, I have been visiting States from 1987 and I find lot of conveniences which Indians enjoy today, compared to what it was in 1987. the first thing that impressed me in States was and is its highway system. With all my admiration for States, I am not able to enjoy it, For elderly people, as I used to say, it is a golden cage. While I agree with all that you say in a flowery Tamil, States does not give the pleasure which I get in my polluted congested, less developed country. in States there are more cars on the roads, than men walking. there is absolutely no life here and the entire city ( except downtown)looks dead during day time and that causes a sort of a depression in people like me. And I could also feel a deep anguish and grief in the minds of most Indians who are first generation settlers. The most affected people however are the old who had spent a major part of their life in India. There are many points both plus and minus to say about States but T i want to cut short and stop at this point. It is not suitable for elders and vice versa. while there are many things for us to learn from these Americans, as O' Henry said " While copying the vices of the west, they retained their own". That is what is happening.

Last edited:
Dear Guru ji,

There are a few elders who are happily settled in the U S of A. :)

Be happy that you have got a loving daughter and son in law to take care of you and did not send you to some senior resort in India!

What is better?undiluted milagu rasam or mixed up avial.......
This reminds me of a song I wrote on miLagu rasam!

இதோ ஒரு தமிழ்ப் பாடல் - மிளகு ரசத்திற்காக!

ருசிப்பீர் மிளகு ரசம் - ருசித்தால்
பசியுடன் பிணி தீரும்
(ருசிப்பீர் மிளகு ரசம்​​​​)

ஜனங்களின் பய
மும் சோகமும் தீரும்
சகல நோய்களும் விலகி ஓடும்

சுத்தமில்லா உணவால் ருமே ரோகம்
சுகமும் திரும்பிட மிளகே போதும்

-qiBBqxRFP_xoW3B5R9AjP130R69QgnBiUTJuw1kbfHseqRiCm7Pch-JAI1Dy_yobTfrx8L_96LKgBtilSe_HNUtxzhAzR9z8lbs7w=s0-d-e1-ft

Tune - pibarE Ramarasam

hi

EVERY COIN HAS TWO SIDES.....FOR SOME....ITS GOLDEN CAGE....FOR SOME.....ITS GOLDEN LIFE.....i agreed

many senior men have problems....not many senior ladies....they move with kids....

HI

உள்ளதில் நல்லதா?

இரண்டு போட்டியாளர்கள் மோதினால்,
இரண்டில் எவர் சிறந்தவர் எனக் கண்டு,

தேர்ந்தெடுப்பது மக்களுக்கு எளிதாகும்!
தேறாத தலைவராய் இருவரும் இருப்பின்?

hi

its reality today in USA....

Dear Guru ji,

There are a few elders who are happily settled in the U S of A. :)

Be happy that you have got a loving daughter and son in law to take care of you and did not send you to some senior resort in India!
Is there anything to choose between indian and american jail for indian seniors?

அதோ கதியே!

அமெரிக்க மண்ணில் முப்பது ஆண்டுகளாய்
அமெரிக்கையாய் வாழ்ந்தாலும், ஒரு பெண்

தெருவில் தனியாக நடந்தால், அவளுக்குத்
தெரியாத போலீஸார் அவளின் எதிர் வந்து,

சட்ட விரோதமாய் அந்நாட்டில் உலவுவதாக,
கெட்ட மனத்தில் நினைத்திடலாம்! கேள்விக்

கணைகள் தொடுத்து, அவளை வாட்டிவிட்டு,
கணினியில் பெயரைக் கண்டுபிடித்த பின்னே

'அமெரிக்கக் குடிமகள்தான் நீ', என்றுரைத்து,
அமர்க்களமாக அங்கிருந்து விலகிவிடலாம்!

வெள்ளையர் உலவும் நாட்டில், என்றென்றும்
வெள்ளையாய் இல்லையேல், அதோ கதியே!

Source: Police Detain Maryland Woman, Question Immigration

அதோ கதியே!

அமெரிக்க மண்ணில் முப்பது ஆண்டுகளாய்
அமெரிக்கையாய் வாழ்ந்தாலும், ஒரு பெண்

தெருவில் தனியாக நடந்தால், அவளுக்குத்
தெரியாத போலீஸார் அவளின் எதிர் வந்து,

சட்ட விரோதமாய் அந்நாட்டில் உலவுவதாக,
கெட்ட மனத்தில் நினைத்திடலாம்! கேள்விக்

கணைகள் தொடுத்து, அவளை வாட்டிவிட்டு,
கணினியில் பெயரைக் கண்டுபிடித்த பின்னே

'அமெரிக்கக் குடிமகள்தான் நீ', என்றுரைத்து,
அமர்க்களமாக அங்கிருந்து விலகிவிடலாம்!

வெள்ளையர் உலவும் நாட்டில், என்றென்றும்
வெள்ளையாய் இல்லையேல், அதோ கதியே!

Source: Police Detain Maryland Woman, Question Immigration
hi

it happened in BEL AIR IN MARYLAND.....VERY CLOSE TO MY HOME.....we have to understand the changing political

situations/nature.....we have to be VERY CAREFUL ALWAYS IN A FOREIGN LAND....this is the lesson from this incident....

here many citizenship are natualised...not a right,,,,,its just privileage....

நாடு நல்ல நாடு!

ஓ! அமெரிக்கா! என்று மனம் மகிழ்ந்து,
ஓடிச் சென்று வேலையில் சேர்ந்தவர்,

இந்தியா வரும்பொழுதெல்லாம், நல்ல
இனிய வரவேற்பைப் பெற்று மகிழ்வர்!

இப்போது மிரண்டுள்ளனர் பிள்ளைகள்!
தற்போதுள்ள நிலைமையே வேறாகும்!

இந்தியா வந்து, சுற்றம் நட்புடன், நல்ல
இனிய நாட்களைக் கழித்துச் சென்றால்,

ஒரு வேளை அந்த நாட்டினுள் விடாமல்
திருப்பி அனுப்புவரோ, என்கின்ற அச்சம்!

விடுமுறையில் செல்லும் டிக்கட்டுகளை