• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

எண்ண அலைகள்....

I beg to differ with Mr. KONJUPPU!

People who are status conscious show it in every possible way, in their interactions with the others.

I know some people who refuse to talk to some others even when brought face to face by the cruel fate (!) and some others who keep away from some selected people even in a web site, because they have already made up their minds with whom to correspond and who are to be placed on their hit list :)

Obviously some of us can never ever come out of status consciousness!

P.S.

Mr. Kunjuppu gives nice, short and cute pet names to all the others in the Forum and calls them by those sweet names. So A great mind has awarded him the pet name KONJUPPU (Konjugindra + Kunjuppu = Konjuppu)

I cross my heart and promise that I am not that great mind!
:peep:

with warm regards,
V.R.

thanks visa for your reply. the lovely moniker konjuppu came from your dear dear sis and i cherish it :)

personally, i have found people are ok and very similar beneath their superficial veneers. there is an intrinsic good in all of us, the desire to do good and above all, to receive good. even in the the threads, where we fight the most, it is on trivialities blown out of proportion.

if you take any problem here, most of us identify with it, and even when it comes to the solutions, it is only in the degree of changes that we disagree.

let us take the ic marriage as an example, for it brought out the most acrimony in recent memory. how many of us would get the chance to meet such an eclectic crowd, and be heard? one thing that bothers me though, is that i find people, tend to extrapolate many statements to conclusions that may not be quite valid.

one such quote was 'jai hind', being stretched to 'jai hindu' with a somewhat of a unexplicable foundation. not sure how that came through. i think we have all cooled enough, for me to venture a reply to that, without having my head cut off :)

the truth is that as tambrams, we all face or have faced similar problems - whether it be loneliness and caring of aged parents in a far away land or the fear of poverty. we all deal with this in our own way, and to me, an exchange of my experience, and a familiarity of how others dealt with the same issues, is a heartwarmingly learning process. if at all anything, i feel more humble than ever. but never a consciousness of the need to impose or acknowledge status.

hope this explains. thank you.

dear Mr. Kunjuppu(Konjuppu?)

No one was farther in my mind than you, when I referred to certain

people wantonly keeping away from certain threads and expecting

those selected people to do vice versa.

You- who have posted 2674 so far- can not be one of them obviously!

Status consciousness lies as under current in the minds of many people

and expresses itself whenever and wherever possible.

I had lived in the township of our Company quarters for about 20 years.

We had 4 sprawling houses ( for the top executives) about 30 houses

(D type) for the high officials of the next rank. There were about 100

houses (A type for executives) and there were the B type and C type

houses for workers.

Would you believe that the ladies living in D type would imagine it to be

below their dignity to visit an A or B or C type house?

Actually their husbands- whose positions was the cause of such

distinctions- had no such pride, but those ladies-who were house wives,

the mere shadows of their husbands and basking in their borrowed glory-

exhibited this kind of superiority complex.

I had once told lady on her face that her husband may the boss of my

husband but that does NOT make her my boss!
:moony:

Even in the group activities, there will be sub groups and sub sub groups.

I have seen everything in my life!

So all I want to assure you is that it was NOT you whom my reply refer to.

Apparently you value the title 'Konjuppu' much more than the

"most popular person of the Forum" !
icon6.png

Am I right
?

with warm regards,
V.R.
:wave:

P.S:

The battle of wits in the Forum should remain only as a battle of ideas

and not become real bloody battles with everlasting consequences
icon4.png

dear Mr. Kunjuppu(Konjuppu?)

I have seen everything in my life!

So all I want to assure you is that it was NOT you whom my reply refer to.

Apparently you value the title 'Konjuppu' much more than the

"most popular person of the Forum" !
icon6.png

Am I right
?

with warm regards,
V.R.
:wave:

P.S:

The battle of wits in the Forum should remain only as a battle of ideas

and not become real bloody battles with everlasting consequences
icon4.png

dear visa,

pray explain where and why you think that i would even give vent to the view that it was i whom you were referring.

no dear lady, that is not at all what i meant, for if it were the case, i would have pointed blankly addressed you.

it is very apparent that i am not getting across in the way i meant - which is that the internet equalizes us all irrespective of our status in life and also thanks to the anonymity of us all. this is all my reference here.

in real life, in india, yes, i agree with you the issue of status is of utmost importance. not only in industrial towns, but also in residential institutes the segragation of families by jobs ensures that the hierarchical respect is maintained.

konjuppu is a term of endearment bestowed to me, and i treat is a gift of affection, which on occassions, i hope to sign off, as a sign of gratitude. hope that is ok.

re battle of wits, i am not sure, where these battles happen. if you mean these posts in the many threads, the repartees, anger and affection, i would just treat them as just that. we all belong to one vasudeva kutumbam and i see, especially among us old timers, there is no battle. just cyber companionship. that's the way, i view this forum.

finally, the only statement of yours that i wish to dispute 'I have seen everything in my life!' - no dear visa, i don't think you have seen everything. many. a lot. yes. yes. but everything? just keep your eyes and mind open - and enjoy every additional moment where the universe unfolds yet in another new facet. isn't that what life is all about?

I am copy pasting post # 1 ... my intention of starting this thread...

'யதார்த்த வாழ்வில் எத்தனை இன்பங்கள், துன்பங்கள்!
யதார்த்த நடையில் வரும் எளிய இந்தத் தொகுப்பில்

மேன்மையாக இறை அளித்த இம் மனிதப் பிறவியை,
மென்மையான கவிதைகளால் மாற்ற முனைகிறேன்!'

I am not a Guru to preach.... But just recording my thoughts that are the outcome of experience.

Let the 'eNNa alaigaL' appearing here be soft and enjoyable.

:yo:Raji Ram

Last edited:
குழந்தை வளர்ப்பு, கடினமாகும் காலம் இது!
குழந்தைகளின் பல்வேறு பருவங்கள் பற்றியும்,

பெற்றோர்களின் கடமைகள் என்ன என்றும்,
சற்றே யோசித்து வெளிவரும் வரிகள் இவை.

கணினி வலையில் இளசுகள் விழாது மீண்டால்,
கணிசமான வெற்றியே இந்தத் தொடருக்கு!
:baby:
உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும்,
ராஜி ராம்

குறிப்பு: 'வள்ளுவம்' இதற்குப் பின், தொடரும்,,,,,

வாரிசுகளைக் காப்போம்.... 1

பிறந்தது முதல் குழந்தைப் பருவங்களை, மிகவும்
சிறந்த முறையில் பத்து விதமாகப் பிரித்திடுவார்!

அதில் இலக்கியங்கள், ஆண், பெண் குழந்தைகளின்
முதல் ஏழு பருவங்களை, ஒருபோலக் காணுகிறது!

முதலில் காப்பு எனத் தொடங்கி, செங்கீரை, தாலாட்டு,
இடையில் சப்பாணி, முத்தம், வருகை எனச் சென்று,

ஏழாவது அம்புலியுடன் இரு பாலாருக்கும் ஒருபோல!
எட்டாவது பருவமே மாறிச் சென்றுவிடும். பெண்கள்,

அம்மானை, நீராடல், ஊசல் என்று விளையாடி, நீராடி,
ஊஞ்சலில் ஆடுவதாகப் பத்துப் பருவங்களும் வரும்.

ஆண் குழந்தைகள் சிற்றில், சிறு பறை, சிறு தேர் என்று
தன் வீடு கட்டல், பறை கொட்டல், தேர் இழுத்தல் செய்து,

தம் பத்துப் பருவங்களை முடிக்கின்றார்! இவ்வாறு
தம் பிள்ளைகளின் பருவம் வேறுபடும்; பெற்றோர்,

தம் வாரிசு எவராயினும், அவர்களை நல்வழியில்
தாம் செலுத்துவதை, முதன்மையாக்க வேண்டும்.

தாயைப் போலப் பிள்ளை; நூலைப் போலச் சேலை;
தாய் நல்வழி நடந்தாலே, பிள்ளைகளும் தொடர்வார்!

தன் மகனைச் சான்றோன் எனக் கூறக் கேட்டால்தான்,
தன் வாழ்வில் பூரண மகிழ்வைத் தாய் அடைவாள்.

:thumb: தொடரும் .....

வாரிசுகளைக் காப்போம்.... 2

எட்டுக்குள் வாழ்க்கை அடங்கியதாகக் குறிப்பதால்,
எட்டு எட்டு வயதாகப் பிரித்து அலச முயலுகிறேன்!

ஐந்தில் வளையாதது ஐம்பதில் வளையுமா? எனவே,
ஐந்து வயதுக்குள் குழந்தைக்கு நல்வழி காட்டணும்.

பெற்றோரைப் பார்த்து எல்லாம் கற்றுக் கொள்ளும்;
பெற்றோர் நன்மொழிகளை மட்டும் பேச வேண்டும்.

இறை வழிபாடு முதல், பெரியோரை மதித்தல் வரை,
முறையாகக் கற்பித்து நல்வழிப்படுத்த வேண்டும்.

தம் குழந்தைக்கு சில பொம்மைகளை தந்துவிட்டு,
தம் வழியில் அவை வராது செய்தலே கூடாது!

உணவு கொடுக்கும்போது விடியோ காட்டிவிட்டு,
உணவை விட்டு மனதை திசை திருப்பக் கூடாது.

சின்னத் திரை பார்க்கும் பழக்கம் அதில் தொடங்கும்;
என்ன செய்தாலும் மாறாது என்றும் அது தொடரும்!

நாங்கள் இருக்கிறோம் உனக்குத் துணை என்று,
தாங்கள் நம்பிக்கையாய் நடந்திட வேண்டும்.

பணிக்கு இரு பெற்றோரும் செல்லும் காலமிது;
தனிமை குழந்தையை வாட்டாது, தடுக்க வேண்டும்.

நட்பின் அடித்தளம் எட்டு வயதுக்குள் அமைத்து,
நட்பைத் தொடர வேண்டும் காலம் முழுவதும்!

ஆர்வம் காட்டும் கலைகளைக் கற்பித்து, தம்
ஆர்வமும் அவர்களின் வளர்ச்சியில் வேண்டும்.

:cheer2:தொடரும் ......

வாரிசுகளைக் காப்போம்.... 3

எட்டு வயதிற்குள் நற்குணங்கள் அமைந்தால்
எட்டும் அந்த வாரிசு, வானளவு உயர்வினை!

அடுத்த எட்டாண்டில் வரும் விடலைப் பருவம்;
தடுத்து நல்வழிப் படுத்த வேண்டிய ஒரு பருவம்.

'என் பெற்றோர், என் ஆசிரியர் சொன்னார்', என்ற
தன் பேச்சு, 'நான் சொல்வேன்' என மாறும் காலம்!

கல்வியின் உயர்வை உரைக்க வேண்டிய நேரம்;
வேள்வியைப் போல் உணர வைக்கும் நேரம்!

ஒரு சொடுக்கில் எல்லா விஷயமும் தந்திடும்
ஒரு கணினியை, இயக்கத் தெரியும் பருவம்.

நல்ல விஷயங்களை மட்டும் அறியவே அதை
நல்ல வழியில் உபயோகிக்க உணர்த்த வேண்டும்.

நேரக் கட்டுப்பாடு மெல்லக் கொணர்ந்து, அந்த
நேரமும் பயனளிக்கச் செய்துவிட்டால் நலம்.

எட்டு வயதிலேயே, தம் வாழ்வு நன்கு அமையக்
கட்டுக் கோப்பு அவசியமென அறிந்துகொண்டால்,

மயங்காது அந்த வாரிசு பதினாறு வயது வரை,
தயங்காது முயற்சித்து, மிக உயர்வு எய்திவிடும்!

தோளுக்கு மிஞ்சினால் தோழன் என்றாலும்,
தோளுக்கு வருமுன்னே நட்புடன் அனைத்தும்

தம்மிடம் பகிர்ந்துகொள்ளப் பெற்றோர் பழக்கி,
அன்புடன் அரவணைத்து நன்கு போற்ற வேண்டும்.

:grouphug:தொடரும் ....

வாரிசுகளைக் காப்போம்.... 4

பதினாறு தாண்டினால் பட்டப் படிப்பின் நேரம்;
ஒருவாறு உலக அனுபவங்கள் பெறும் காலம்.

கணினியில் நுழைந்து, வலையில் புகுந்து, ஒரு
பணியாகவே தம் நண்பர்களைத் தேடும் காலம்!

எச்சரிக்கை மிகத் தேவை, இக்காலக் கட்டத்தில்;
எச்சரித்து, கல்வியின் உயர்வை உணர்த்தணும்.

உற்றார் உறவினரின் உபதேசதேசங்களைவிட,
பெற்றோரின் நன்னடத்தையே, மிக உயர்வாகும்!

மதுவைக் குடிக்கும் 'பார்ட்டி'யில் மகிழ்ந்தால்,
பொதுவாக வாரிசுகள் மதிப்பே தருவதில்லை!

மிகவும் கண்டனம் செய்து மிரட்டினாலும், தாம்
மிகவும் ரகசியமாய்ச் செயல்படத் துணிவார்கள்!

ரகசியங்கள் வெளியாகும் நாளில், பெற்றோர் அந்த
ரகசியத்தால் தம் மனமொடிந்து போகவும் நேரும்!

அன்பாக அரவணைத்து, எண்ணப் பரிமாற்றங்கள்,
நண்பரைப்போல் செய்தால், இதைத் தடுக்கலாம்.

கத்தி மேல் நடப்பதுகூடக் கொஞ்சம் எளிதாகலாம்;
புத்தி தடுமாறாது வாரிசுகளைக் காப்பது கடினமே!

பெற்றோரின் நற்பண்பும், அற நெறி வாழ்வும்,
வற்றாத அன்பும், அரவணைப்பும் மட்டுமே - தம்

வாரிசுகளை நல்வழிப் படுத்தத் தேவைப்படும்;
தரிசாகப் போகாது, அவர் வாழ்வைக் காப்போம்!

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும், :pray2:
ராஜி ராம்

raji,

i just read your #181. just a query re your last two lines... i consider you an elder member in this forum. what do you suggest against youth getting addicted to the web and going wayward?

maybe you can start with age groups? 1 - 10, 11-20.. and so on? would solutions differ for each?

Dear Sir,

I have registered my thoughts in reply to this, in 'kavithai' form, captioned 'vaarisugaLaik kaappOm'....(1 - 4)

Awaiting your comments, please. :typing:

Regards,
Raji Ram

Dear Sir,

I have registered my thoughts in reply to this, in 'kavithai' form, captioned 'vaarisugaLaik kaappOm'....(1 - 4)

Awaiting your comments, please. :typing:

Regards,
Raji Ram

Dear Raji,

thank you for your lovely verse, which tamil poorling like me, can only graze the beauty of this work. But then one need not be an artist to appreciate ‘Mona Lisa’, right?

It is said here in Canada, that parents start losing their influence on their children the minute they leave home to interact with the society. For most this can be assumed to be 6 years which is the school starting age, but for a significant number, it could be as little as 2 ½ when the daycare regimen begins.

Over the pre school years, I have seen my children coming from daycare, with good habits, intially focussed on certain types of hygiene, which we made slight at home. For example the habit of washing hands constantly, which resulted in the paper tissues being consumed at an alarming rate in our house. This is perhaps the simplest and most noncontroversial example of an outside influence on a young child. the list is indeed long and some of the inculcated values from daycare or school or friends, very questionable.

As the child progresses in school, more and influences are exposed and in the society where I live, it is accepted that by 16 the parental influence is zilch. Zero. Nada. Cipher. I would sometimes think, that this threshold age could be even 13 or 14, when the children reach the puberty stage, and start perhaps for the first time to ‘hide’ their thoughts and actions from the grownups.

The most difficult years for parents are the late teens onwards and this probably goes on, depending on the situation to about mid twenties, when the bonding process starts again, albeit somewhat shakily at first.

By this time, the children are adults, on their final cusp of studies or starting their career. The parents are tired of admonishments, worry and probably start ‘listening’ to their kids. This is a friends making process, getting to know each other as adults, with perhaps a deep held feeling that can burst out into squeels of joy or anger, depending on how much of the teen angst has been held back.

So given this as the general situation, how do we as parents can improve the odds of raising a well adjusted child. By well adjusted, I would like to think of a child, who is at peace with the society, can accept the ills and good in which she or he lives, able to steer through it with confidence and in turn, turn to a responsible and loving parent at the right time.

The situation is very difficult for our generation, though my role in raising children is now at the fag end. In order to prescribe rules, the parents need to know the society. Where folks like me are immigrants, we are strangers to the culture where we have chosen to raise our children. I figure the situation in india, though unlike that of the west, still poses a challenge, due the even faster pace of change in the Indian society.

You talk of internet, television, alcohol, and how managing the consumption of these by the parents would set an example and in turn this would turn to ‘respect’. I would presume the final end product would be one well brought up morally upright child, holding on to the morals and values passed down through the ages. I wish only it would be simple as that.

I think, the parents of today do not quite ‘know’ the sum total of the society in which they live. Or comfortable with it. This, I think, is not only due to the fast paced change, but also incursions of values and propagations of thoughts, which might be in direct conflict to one’s practices, and yet one is unable to control or restrict the flow of the same to one’s child or ward.

Periyar was banned in my house. All I need to, was to go to the street corner to hear his views. This was back in the 1960s. today, all one had to do, is to click a few buttons, and the entire periyar library has visited your home, unknown to you and probably will visit your home without your permission regularly, if your child so choses.

So you see raji, I think the parents of today, have severe handicaps – they themselves have issues to keep up with fast changing societal mores, and along with, unable to control the flow of ideas and thoughts, to their children.

Parents might come up with various ammunition to thwart these unwarranted invaders – one could be by banning alcohol, limiting TV or monitoring every website the child visits. A heavy dose of religious thought and practice, it is to be hoped, will also ensure that the child will only chose the straight and narrow path of virtue, as defined by the parent.

Will this work? I am not so sure. Some of the most confused youth that I have seen, have come from very strict and morally upright households. The more the stricture, the more it appears that they have problems adjusting to the society outside. The trick perhaps maybe is to find the right balance of the various tools that the parents can choose to effectively output a well balanced child.

If I knew how this could be done, I probably would have written a book and made a few millions myself. So, I have to confess that I do not know the right answer. I doubt whether there could be a ‘right’ single answer. probably, one could come up with a broad range of guidelines which may guide the parent and the child towards a mutually binding agreement, based on a mutually acceptable outcome.

I think all parents are flawed. Because as humans we are flawed and not one of us is perfect. That perfection we leave it to God. Children are quick to detect the flaws that define the parent. I am not talking of once a year whitewashing of rituals like avani avittam, but mundane acts on a day to day basis where our behaviour deviates from an ideal that we tend to preach, be it refusing a beggar or skipping a queue in a temple or bus stand. I think all of this forms in the mind of the child of a parent who follows a certain set of rules, with flaws and mistakes.

It may be the best for the parents to acknowledge their mistakes and flaws to their children, the level and extent depending on the age and maturity of the child. For example, you do not confess an extra marital affair to a teenager, whereas it may be appropriate to a son or daughter about to get married. In the former instance, this might seem as a licence to imitate the parental behaviour, whereas in the latter, it may be heeded as timely caution and a reinforcement to the soon t o be committed marriage vows.

The biggest gift that a parent can earn from a child is the gift of intimacy. At each age as the child grows up, its definition and needs from a friend changes. This is probably the reason that as we grow, our friendship group changes – we grow out of some and seek others. So you can imagine how difficult it is for a parent to be contantly regarded by the child as an intimate. The parent has to metamorph insync with the child, and to most of us, busy as we are with an overburdened daily routine, to make the effort and successfully at that, to be the child’s best friend, may nigh well be an impossibility if not ifprobable, because we just plainly do not have the skillsets to entertain the various stages of our children, no matter how hard we try.

All we can do, is to define, what we hope, is a broad framework of criteria (I do not want to use the word ‘rules’) , which we hope will satisfy the emerging wants of a tween through teens to the twenties, constantly fine tuning it to fill the requirement of the particular age group. This is not easy, for parents will always be pushed to relax the guidelines, if not just scoffed at the very thought of ‘parental control’. The children always want to bend, if not necessarily break the ‘barrier’. Is it not at this instance, that we raise our voices, our canes and all the parental tools at our disposal, to ‘punish’ the miscreant. Do we ever wonder that we might be the root cause of the truancy? Probably not.

Raji, you might think that I am painting the parents and parenthood in black. Children do not come into this world of their own accord. They arrive here through the deliberate actions of their parents and give the parents sufficient warning and a fixed timeframe to prepare themselves for what probably is the most challenging role in their lives. Yet how many of us give a thought to preparing ourselves as parents – how to dispense with love, affection, hugs, warmth and above all how to earn that most elusive of all the gifts that a child could bestow, ie ‘their trust’.

I am yet to find a child who trusts her or his parent absolutely. They would anyday trust a friend more than their parent. Can we simply dismiss this as the act of a wayward seed?

Raji, I think, to bring a ‘well adjusted’ child must be the goal of every parent. For it is important that the child is at peace and in harmony with the society where it lives, interacts, and seeks education and eventually livelihood. Values and practices, which are in direct conflict to the society and its mores, can be tolerated within oneself to some extent, but it takes its toll. Somewhere there an adjustment needs to be made and this will be a constant changing process, because time does not stand still.

The India of today, to me, is perhaps the most exciting country on earth. Not only, as I see it, are we in the process of shedding age old prejudices, willingly or otherwise, but also we are going through the immense levelling process of an hierarchy with the Brahmins at the top and the dalits outside of it.

We as tambrams, have probably most to lose in terms of societal privileges, most of them unwritten and increasingly unacknowledged. We are the fallen idols and some of us break in the process, while others have managed to move along undented. So, us tambram parents have a even more difficult task re child rearing in a society that looks at us with anger and suspicion. Tambram parenting. We hear no end of it re the degeneration of our society and our own religious standards. Just today there is a lament of a parent at the inability of a father, at the inability of arranging vedic tutor for his nine year old son in Coimbatore. Whereas many other parents would not have the Vedas in their radar as part of their child’s education. Stepping through this, would the veda rich child be better adjusted to the society than the veda ignorant one? I don’t know.

I am also witnessing a significant group of angry young men in the forum – from what I gather unmarried, in their thirties, frustrated with the world at their inability to find a wife or a career which they had hoped. At some point in their lives, these too, it would be hoped, would be parents. What type of parents would these be, and what type of children would be the outcome? Would these youths learn from their experience and be wiser for it. Or would it fuel a certain set of values whose outcome would be a dysfunctional family because these are so out of tune with the beat of current India? Who knows?

Raji, I hope over this rather long and meandering essay, I have succeeded, atleast partly in my attempt, to explore the challenges of parenting and raising children. though this is not directly a point to point answer in terms of prescriptions to your essayed queries, this is the best I could do in terms of penning to words, the thoughts that your poem triggered.

As you can see, i am definitely not of the school, who thinks that parents have 'sacrificed' everything for their children, and when the time comes, it is the 'duty' of the children to 'take care of the parents'. i find life not so simple to define in such simple rules, for today's day to day living is far more complex i think, than our ancestors faced. the solutions of yester years, i feel, are no long practical. to shed tears over the past, is but a denial of today, and hence a failure to find a solution for tomorrow, however painful or sorrowful it may be.

Finally, how do we know that we succeeded as a parent. Probably not in our lifetime. The children are hard markers but very fair though. Personally, I shall be contented, if I atleast get a ‘pass’.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your long reply, Sir!

Probably, a success for the 'kavithai'?

Should I go back to the first line of introduction?

குழந்தை வளர்ப்பு கடினமாகும் காலம் இது! :ballchain:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 53

உலகைவிடப் பெரியது

அன்பான நண்பனை ஆபத்தில் அறியலாம், என்பார்;
அன்புள்ளம் கொண்டோரே, உதவ விழைந்திடுவார்.

துன்பம் நேரும் வேளையில், உதவிக் கரம் நீட்டித்
துன்பம் களைவதென்பது, எத்துணை சிறந்த சேவை!

உரிய காலத்தில் செய்யும் சிறு உதவி, உலகைவிடப்
பெரியதாகப் போற்றப்படும், என்கிறார் வள்ளுவர்!

'காலத்தி னாற்செய்த நன்றி சிறிதெனினும்
ஞாலத்தின் மாணப் பெரிது', என்பது குறள்.

எந்த உதவிக்கும் பலனை எதிர்பார்ப்பவர், பலர்;
எந்தப் பலனும் எதிர்பாராது செய்பவரோ, சிலர்!

எந்தப் பலனும் வேண்டாது, அன்புள்ளம் கொண்டு,
எந்த உதவி செய்தாலும், அதன் சிறப்பு பெரியது.

கடலைவிடப் பெரியது இல்லையெனத் தோன்றும்;
கடலைவிடப் பெரியது அந்த உதவியின் சிறப்பும்!

'பயன்தூக்கார் செய்த உதவி நயன்தூக்கின்
நன்மை கடலின் பெரிது', என்றுரைகின்றார்!

:help:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 54

உதவியின் சிறப்பு

தினை என்பது மிகச் சிறிய தானியம் - நெடிய
பனை மரம் பல விதங்களில் பயன்கள் தரும்;

தினை அளவு ஒருவருக்கு உதவினாலும், அதைப்
பனை அளவு கருதுவார், அதன் பயன் ஆராய்பவர்!

'தினைத்துணை நன்றி செயினும் பனைத்துணையாக்
கொள்வர் பயன்தெரி வார்', என்பதே அந்தக் குறள்.

நன்மை செய்தாலும், அதை ஏற்று மகிழும் நல்ல
தன்மை இருந்தாலே, அந்த நன்மையும் சிறப்புறும்;

உதவி பெறுபவரின் சிறந்த மன நிலையே அந்த
உதவியைப் பெருமைப் படுத்தும்; இதை அவர்

'உதவி வரைத்தன் றுதவி உதவி
செயப்பட்டார் சால்பின் வரைத்து'

என்ற அழகிய இரு சிறு குறு வரிகளில் உரைத்து,
நன்கு வரையறுக்கிறார், உதவியின் பெருமையை!

பண்பு உடையவரே, பெற்ற உதவியை மறவாமல்,
நன்கு போற்றி மகிழுவார் என்பதனை அறிவோம்!

:dance:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 55

மறக்கலாகாது

மறக்காது நினைவில் நிலைநிறுத்த வேண்டியவை,
சிறப்பாகத் திருவள்ளுவர் உரைக்கின்றார், குறளில்.

மறக்கவே கூடாது, தூய்மையானவரின் உறவை;
துறக்கவே கூடாது துன்பம் துடைத்தவர் நட்பை.

'மறவற்க மாசற்றார் கேண்மை துறவற்க
துன்பத்துள் துப்பாயார் நட்பு' என்பது குறள்.

மேலும், கால எல்லையே வகுத்துவிடாது, நாம்
நாளும் நினைக்கவேண்டும், உதவிய நண்பரை.

ஏழு பிறவிக்கும், ஏழு தலைமுறைக்கும் என்று
ஏற்றிச் சொல்லுவதைப் போல, நம்முடைய

துன்பம் துடைத்து உதவியவரின் நல்ல நட்பை,
என்றும் மறவாது எண்ணுதல் வேண்டும்!

'எழுமை எழுபிறப்பும் உள்ளுவர் தங்கண்
விழுமந் துடைத்தவர் நட்பு', என்பது குறள்.

வள்ளுவர் வழிச் சென்று, நல்ல நட்பினை
உள்ளுவோம் என்றும், வாழ்வில் சிறக்க!

:tea:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 56

மறக்க வேண்டும்!

மறக்க வேண்டியவை உலகில் உள்ளன; அவை
மறக்க வேண்டுமென வள்ளுவர் உரைக்கின்றார்.

நாம் மனம் தூய்மையாக இருக்க, அதில் என்றும்
நாம் தீயவை சேர்ப்பதைத் தவிர்க்க வேண்டும்.

பெற்ற உதவிகளை நெஞ்சார நினைப்பதுபோல்,
பெற்ற தீமைகளை, அன்றே மறக்க வேண்டும்!

'நன்றி மறப்பது நன்றன்று நன்றல்லது
அன்றே மறப்பது நன்று', என்பதே வழி!

விளையாட்டாக ஒரு விளக்கம் கேட்டேன்;
நிலையாக மனத்தில் பதிந்துவிட்டது அது!

கடன் வாங்கியவர், முதல் வரியைக் காட்டி,
உடன் பணம் திருப்பித் தர, மிரட்டினாராம்.

பணம் வாங்கியவர், கொடுத்த ஏமாளியிடம், மறு
கணம், இரண்டாம் வரியைக் காட்டிக் கூறினாராம்,

'நான் பணம் தராதது நன்றல்ல, இனிய நண்பரே!
நான் வேண்டுகிறேன், அதை இன்றே மறந்துவிட!'

:boink:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 57

வாழ்வில் உய்ய ...

அற வழி பலவற்றை உரைக்கிறார் வள்ளுவர்;
பிற தீய வழிகளில் செல்லாதும் தடுக்கிறார்.

எந்த அறத்தை மறந்தாலும், வாழ்ந்துவிடலாம்;
சிறந்த செய்நன்றியை மறந்தால், வாழ்வில்லை.

'எந்நன்றி கொன்றார்க்கும் உய்வுண்டாம் உய்வில்லை
செய்நன்றி கொன்ற மகற்கு', என்று உரைக்கின்றார்.

செல்வச் செழிப்பு இல்லாவிடில், தானம் இயலாது;
கல்விச் சிறப்பு இல்லாவிடில், கற்பிக்க இயலாது.

நாளும் தான, தருமம் செய்வதால் உயராவிடினும்,
நாளும் செய்நன்றி மறவாது வாழ்ந்து உயரலாமே!

உற்றவரிடம் பெற்ற உதவிகளை மறவாது, நாம்
பெற்ற இப் பிறவியை மேன்மைப் படுத்துவோம்!

:angel:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 58

நடுவு நிலைமையின் பயன்

நடுவு நிலைமையின் சிறப்பை, தம் குறளில்
கொடுக்கிறார் வள்ளுவர், அழகிய முறையில்.

செல்வம் என்பது செல்லும் தன்மையுடையது;
செல்லும் ஒருவரிடமிருந்து மற்றொருவருக்கு.

தம் தலைமுறைக்கும் பயன்பட வேண்டும்
தாம் ஈட்டிய செல்வம், என விழைவோர் - தம்

நடுவு நிலைமையில் மாறாது இருக்க வேண்டும்.
நடுவு நிலைமை கொடுத்த செல்வம் அழியாது!

'செப்பம் உடையவன் ஆக்கஞ் சிதைவின்றி
எச்சத்திற் கேமாப் புடைத்து', என்பதே குறள்.

நன்மையே தந்தாலும் நடுவு நிலைமை காக்கும்
தன்மையை என்றும் கைவிடக் கூடாது. இதை

'நன்றே தரினும் நடுவிகந்தாம் ஆக்கத்தை
அன்றே ஒழிய விடல்', என்று கூறுகின்றார்,

தவறான வழியில் சேர்க்கும் செல்வம் கை
தவறி வேறிடம் சேர்ந்துவிடும், உண்மை!

:nod:

'ராசா' படுத்தும் பாடு!

பெரிய ஊழல் அம்பலமாகி, அதுவே
பெரிய பேச்சாக எங்கும் ஒலிக்கிறது!

தொலைக்காட்சியில் பல சானல்கள்,
தொலைக்கின்றன பல மணி நேரங்கள்!

எப்போதும் காதில் ஒலிக்கும் பெயரால்,
இப்போது காதில் விழுந்த ஒரு காமெடி!

கச்சேரி வானொலியில் முடிந்தது, காலை;
கச்சேரி வாசித்தோரை அறிவிக்கும் வேளை.

அறிவிப்பாளர் 'ராஜா ராவ்' என்ற பெயரை
அறிவித்தார் 'ராசா ராவ்' என்று, இன்று!

:director::lol:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 59

எச்சம்

உலகில் இறப்பின்றி வாழ்பவர் எவருமில்லை;
உலகை விட்டுச் சென்றபின் எஞ்சுவது என்ன?

தம் வாரிசுகள் மட்டும் அல்ல; நற் செயல்களால்
தாம் விட்டுச் செல்லும் நற்பெயரும்ஆகும்.

நல்ல அறவழி நின்றாலும், தீய வழிச் சென்றாலும்,
நல்ல பெயரும், அவப் பெயரும் முறையே வரும்.

'தக்கார் தகவிலர் என்ப தவரவர்
எச்சத்தாற் காணப் படும்' என்பதில்

எச்சம் என்பது வாரிசுகளை மட்டுமின்றி,
தத்தம் நற்பெயரையும் குறிப்பதாக வரும்.

ஒருவர் வாழ்வில் உயர்வும், தாழ்வும் மாறி மாறி
வருவது இயற்கை; ஆனால் தாழ்வே வந்தாலும்,

தவறாது நடுவு நிலை நின்று, நல்ல அறத்தை
மறவாது செய்தல், பெரியோருக்கு அழகாகும்.

'கேடும் பெருக்கமும் இல்லல்ல நெஞ்சத்துக்
கோடாமை சான்றோர்க் கணி' என்பது குறள்.

:peace:

Last edited:
வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 60

எச்சரிக்கை!

'விநாச காலே, விபரீத புத்தி', என்ற எச்சரிக்கை,
விவரம் தெரிந்த எல்லோரும் அறிந்த ஒன்றாகும்.

இந்த எச்சரிக்கையை, மிக அழகாய் வள்ளுவர்
தந்த ஒரு அருமையான குறளைப் பார்ப்போம்.

'கெடுவல்யான் என்ப தறிகதன் நெஞ்சம்
நடுவொரீஇ அல்ல செயின்'. இதன் பொருள்,

'தான் நடுவு நிலைமை தவற நினைத்துவிட்டால்,
தான் கெடுவேன் என்று தானே அறியவேண்டும்!'

துன்பமும் இன்பத்துடன் கலந்து வரும் வாழ்வில்,
துன்பமே நடுவு நிலைமை தந்துவிட்டாலும், அதை

என்றும் விட்டு மாறாது, ஏழ்மையும் அடையலாம்;
என்றும் அதைக் பழித்துக் கூறிவிடாது, உலகம்!

'கெடுவாக வையா துலகம் நடுவாக
நன்றிக்கண் தங்கியான் தாழ்வு'.

ஏழ்மையே வந்தாலும், நடுவு நிலைமை மாறாது,
தாழ்வான அவப் பெயர், வாராது தடுத்திடுவோம்!

:angel:

Last edited:
வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 61

நேர்மையும், உறுதியும்

சிறப்புறும் தராசு அதன் நாணயமான தன்மையால்;
சிறப்புறுவார் மாந்தரும், அதே போன்ற தன்மையால்.

எந்த ஒரு புறமும் சாயாது, சீர் தூக்கும் தராசு போல,
எந்தப் பக்கமும் சாயாதது, நடுவு நிலைமைக்கு அழகு.

'சமன்செய்து சீர்தூக்குங் கோல்போல் அமைந்தொருபாற்
கோடாமை சான்றோர்க் கணி', என்பது அந்தக் குறட்பா.

நீதி தவறிப் பல தீர்ப்புகள் வழங்குவதாலோ என்னவோ,
நீதி மன்றத்தில், நீதி தேவதை கண்மூடி இருக்கின்றாள்!

நெஞ்சில் உறுதியும், நேர்மையும் உள்ள ஒருவர்தான்,
கொஞ்சமும் நீதி தவறாது, தீர்ப்பு அளிக்க இயலும்.

கோணுதல் நினைக்கும் எண்ணங்களிலும் கூடாது;
கோணுதல் பேசும் சொற்களிலும் இருக்கக் கூடாது.

''சொற்கோட்டம் இல்லது செப்பம் ஒருதலையா
உட்கோட்டம் இன்மை பெறின்', என்பது அந்தக குறள்.

நாமும் நெஞ்சில் உறுதி, வாக்கில் நேர்மை கொண்டு,
நாளும் நடுவு நிலைமை தவறாது வாழ்ந்திடுவோம்!

:happy:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 62

செல்வமும், அரணும்.

அடக்கம் உடைமையை விரிவாக்கும் வள்ளுவர்
அடக்கம் மிகச் சிறந்த செல்வமே என்கின்றார்!

பணிதல் எல்லோருக்கும் நன்று எனினும், அந்தப்
பணிதல் செல்வந்தருக்கு, மேலும் சீர் சேர்க்கும்.

'எல்லார்க்கும் நன்றாம் பணிதல் அவருள்ளும்
செல்வர்க்கே செல்வம் தகைத்து', என்கின்றார்.

வாழ்க்கையில் செல்வமாகச் சேரும் அடக்கம்,
வாழ்வின் அரணாகவும் அமையும், என்கிறார்.

புலன் அடக்கத்தைப் பல முறை சொல்லியும்,
நலன் தரும் அதைப் பற்றி, மீண்டும் கூறுகிறார்.

'ஒருமையுள் ஆமைபோல் ஐந்தடக்கல் ஆற்றின்
எழுமையும் ஏமாப் புடைத்து', என்பதே குறள்.

தன் உடலைக் கூட்டுக்குள் அடக்கும் ஆமைக்குத்
தன் கூடு, காக்கும் அரணாக இருப்பது போலவே,

ஐம்புலன் அடக்குபவரின் தன்மையே, அவரை
ஐம்புலன் தரும் தீமையிலிருந்து காக்கும் அரண்!
:peep:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 63

தீய சொல்!

குடம் நிறைய உள்ள இனிக்கும் பால் முழுவதும்
உடன் விஷமாகும், ஒரு துளி விஷம் கலந்தால்.

எத்தனை நற்சொல் பேசினாலும், ஒரு தீய சொல்
அத்தனையும் வீணாக்கும், அதோடு இணைந்தால்!

'ஒன்றானுந் தீச்சொல் பொருட்பயன் உண்டாயின்
நன்றாகா தாகி விடும்', என்பதே அந்தக் குறட்பா.

கவனத்துடன் நற்சொற்களை மட்டும் பேசுவோம்;
சலனம் வரினும், தீய சொல் பேசாது இருப்போம்.

தீய சொல் தரும் தீமைகளை மேலும் கூறுகிறார்;
தீயைவிடக் கொடியது அந்தச் சொல், என்கிறார்.

நெருப்புப் பட்டு ஏற்பட்ட புண்ணும் ஆறும்; ஆனால்
வெறுப்பு நிறைந்து வரும் சொல், வடுவாக மாறும்!

'தீயினாற் சுட்டபுண் உள்ளாறும் ஆறாதே
நாவினாற் சுட்ட வடு', என்பது அந்தக் குறள்.

தேறாத தீய சொற்களை நாம் பேசி, அதனால்
ஆறாத துன்பத்தைச் செய்தலைத் தவிர்ப்போம்!

:hurt:.....:blah:

வள்ளுவரைப் போற்றுவோம் ..... 64

உயிரினும் மேன்மை

ஒழுக்கம் உடைமை பற்றி உயர்வாக உரைக்க
ஒழுக்கம் உயிரினும் மேலானது என்கின்றார்.

'ஒழுக்கம் விழுப்பந் தரலான் ஒழுக்கம்
உயிரினும் ஓம்பப் படும்', என்பது குறள்.

வாழ்வில் உயர்வைத் தருவது ஒழுக்கமே.
தாழ்வு எய்துவார் ஒழுக்கம் இல்லாதோர்;

உயர்ந்த குடியில் பிறந்தாலும்கூட, அவர்கள்
இழிந்த குடிப் பிறப்பாகக் கருதப்படுவார்கள்.

'ஒழுக்க முடைமை குடிமை இழுக்கம்
இழிந்த பிறப்பாய் விடும்', என்கின்றார்.

மேலும், நன்மைக்கு வித்தாகும் ஒழுக்கம்;
நாளும் தீயொழுக்கம் துன்பமே தரும். இதை

'நன்றிக்கு வித்தாகும் நல்லொழுக்கந் தீயொழுக்கம்
என்றும் இடும்பை தரும்', என அறிவுறுத்துகின்றார்.

நல்வழி காட்டும் வள்ளுவர் வழியில் நடந்து,
நல்வாழ்வு பெற்று, உலகில் நாம் சிறப்போம்!

:clap2:

Latest ads

Back