• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yesterday Brahmins and today Dalits

Status
Not open for further replies.
கால பைரவன்;135371 said:
Prasad and Raghy have displayed admirable sentiments. However, they should keep in mind that the Government of India does discriminate citizens based on birth (not referring here merely to reservation in higher education; there is discrimination in jobs, in eligibility for scholarships, in getting loans sanctioned. There is discrimination in the definition of "poor", which normally is purely an economical measure. There is discrimination even in the provisions of much touted RTE. Therefore, I hope they do not look down upon a guy who, on seeing discrimination against his community, gives priority to helping his community first !

Sri. Kala Bhairavan, Greetings.

In my earlier messages, many times when I talked about resrvation policies, always I said it was but the government sanctioned discrimination against Brahmin community. I am not that keen to search old posts to prove that. I don't look down upon a person who helps his/her own community. I have nothing but praise for such a person. Even that I have expressed in many messages. Yes, i am not that keen to search for that either.

Just because I am personally interested in helping anyone irrespective of caste or religion, that does not mean I look down upon anybody; I don't even know where that notion comes from either!

I am a humanist. I help anybody irrespective of caste. But here, in this thread I am writing somuch to boost up the morale of Tamil Brahmins. ( Funny thing is, there are many Tamil Brahmins don't even like me... some of them even hate me! Such things don't bother me). If you can't see that, I don't think I can do much. Can I?

Cheers!

Sri. Kala Bhiravan asked -

How do you propose the brahmin community can overcome this stigmatising?

Sir, you have a notion I may look down upon a Tamil Brahmin if he/she helps a person belonging to Tamil Brahmin community. Let's sort that out first, please. I do have plans to boost up the morale of Tamil Brahmins. I don't think they would ever adopt the kind of methods I adopted to earn respect from other communities.... but to some extend may be possible. But all that can be discusse after we sort out so that I know where I stand, please.

Cheers!

Sir, you have a notion I may look down upon a Tamil Brahmin if he/she helps a person belonging to Tamil Brahmin community.

Dear Raghy, I do not have that notion. I read back my post and it is not a surprise you had that impression. There are people who would fit my description and I am glad you are not one!

Raghy said:
I am a humanist. I help anybody irrespective of caste. But here, in this thread I am writing somuch to boost up the morale of Tamil Brahmins. ( Funny thing is, there are many Tamil Brahmins don't even like me... some of them even hate me! Such things don't bother me). If you can't see that, I don't think I can do much. Can I?

I can see it and I appreciate it!

கால பைரவன்;135626 said:
Dear Raghy, I do not have that notion. I read back my post and it is not a surprise you had that impression. There are people who would fit my description and I am glad you are not one!

I can see it and I appreciate it!

Dear Sri. Kala Bhairavan, Greetings.

Thank you for clearing my doubts. Allow me to take this instance to say, from what I observed thus far in this forum, Sri. Prasad is also a person who will not not look down upon a person if that said person works for the betterment of his/her own community.

I will get back with more input in due course, please. Thank you.

Cheers!

Thank you for clearing my doubts. Allow me to take this instance to say, from what I observed thus far in this forum, Sri. Prasad is also a person who will not not look down upon a person if that said person works for the betterment of his/her own community.

I will get back with more input in due course, please. Thank you.

Cheers!

I thought about getting back with my inputs. But I don't think that will be necessary here. More over, when I thought about it, I earned my respect from everyone; be it is ultra orthodox or a DK member, irrespective to their position, people listened to me. When even a person like me could do that, it must be child's play for others here. So, kindly pardon me. I prefer to take my suggestions to persons who usually act upon them.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Sri Raghy,

Greetings & Thanks.

This forum is sort of "say out loud" for us and always I used to have a glance. Since I could not participate actively (can only on sundays!) I refrain from making any remarks which would demand a follow-up.

Thanks again!

A.A.V.R (quote)
Anti-Brahminism originated in, and still prospers in anti-Hindu circles. It is particularly welcome among Marxists, missionaries, Muslims, separatists and Christian-backed Dalit movements of different hues. When they attack Brahmins, their target is unmistakably Hinduism.(en-quote)

A.V.V.R is correct. Example is the famous California Court Case regarding the Errors in History Book for 6 th Graders about Hinduism.

Two Hindu groups pointed out all the errors to the Board of Education, California.

(1) All corrections given by Islamic group was 100% accepted by the Board.
(2) All corrections given by Jewish group was 100% accepted by the Board
(3) When all corrections given by Hindu groups were about to be accepted (100%) by board –the “Interference” came.

The details are:----=>”In promoting erroneous descriptions of Hinduism in these textbooks, the Hinduphobic academics (e.g, Dr.Michael Witzel) who approached the Board initially have been joined by a motley group of Indian-American Communists/Leftists (e.g., FOSA, ‘Coalition against Communalism’ or academics such as Vinay Lal), Christian evangelical organizations such as Dalit Solidarity Forum (often pretending to represent ‘Dalit’ interests), Islamists, Sikh groups with an antipathy towards Hindus, and academics with a track record of promoting stereotypes against Hindu.

continuation of the previous post;-

Net result the Board of Education, California REJECTED 100% the corrections suggested by Two Hindu groups’

The hindu groups have filed an “Appeal” in California high Court. The dalith group headed by dr.M.Wizel (an American—slf-styled expert in Hinduism) ,Christian evangelists and muslim groups are opposing Hindu corrections in High Court.

Somayaji: will you please brief some of the corrections recommended. I am under the impression that most of the corrections were accepted. Even the american hindu foundation was divided; the report they brought on caste system was criticised because it was worded more as a christian sponsored report than a hindu friendly one. it is difficult to gauge american hindus ( this applies to domestic hindus too).

continuation of the previous post;-

Net result the Board of Education, California REJECTED 100% the corrections suggested by Two Hindu groups’

The hindu groups have filed an “Appeal” in California high Court. The dalith group headed by dr.M.Wizel (an American—slf-styled expert in Hinduism) ,Christian evangelists and muslim groups are opposing Hindu corrections in High Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back