• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women and engineer problem in marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kuch Kuch Hotha Hai" definetly "Hotha Hai"/happens for both men and women BUT not when a girl got to choose and marry a guy with the best deal!!

When she gets the best deal where the guy is more professionally qualified than the girl, earns Rs.10 Lakh to 15 Lakh a year and is ready to forget his parents once for all, than automatically she will have her chemistry, frequency and wavelength perfectly get matching with that of the guy's.

That's the power of today's womenfolk!! Bravo!!

Why do some people have such a cynical attitude towards "chemistry", "frequency" and wavelengths. Are these all really imaginary things then?!

Kum. Amala,

I belong to an older generation which did not give any scope for such things as "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths" in the matter of marriages. We selected a girl or boy who, out of the many who were "seen" looked to us to be just "suitable". May be there were other equally suitable girls/boys previously but the alliance did not take place for one reason or another. Finally, we (both husband and wife) were content with the partner we got and so we could travel together in life without any hiccups though arguments, minor quarrels, etc., were there.

It is only after cinema and magazines pushed the idea of Love or "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., to the forefront, that these things have progressively become more important. I do not know if these things are reliable guidelines or indicators because all these apply only till marriage. Between a husband and wife, it is the reality of family life which stares and not "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths"!

Why do some people have such a cynical attitude towards "chemistry", "frequency" and wavelengths. Are these all really imaginary things then?!

The problem is that they are subject to change. The radio may eventually go out-of-tune from the wavelength of the broadcast station.

I have one genuine doubt! Everyone says that the search is on for a good family and the search goes on

and on for years together! Does it mean that each one thinks that all other families are NOT good?? :noidea:

LOL!!! Exactly...

Such and many other reasoning are resultant to prospective alliance not matching with higher expectations of the girls/girls parents.

Kum. Amala,

I belong to an older generation which did not give any scope for such things as "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths" in the matter of marriages. We selected a girl or boy who, out of the many who were "seen" looked to us to be just "suitable". May be there were other equally suitable girls/boys previously but the alliance did not take place for one reason or another. Finally, we (both husband and wife) were content with the partner we got and so we could travel together in life without any hiccups though arguments, minor quarrels, etc., were there.

It is only after cinema and magazines pushed the idea of Love or "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., to the forefront, that these things have progressively become more important. I do not know if these things are reliable guidelines or indicators because all these apply only till marriage. Between a husband and wife, it is the reality of family life which stares and not "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths"!

:thumb:

Wisdom speaks volume!!!

what is kuch kuch hot hai? is it a new type of hot feeling?

i removed the 'a' from the word, as in tamil, this is a very bad word.

Dear Kunjs,

KKHH feeling is ...

When we see someone and "we feel that something happening" in us feeling..the Chemistry of Attraction.

This feeling is the one which helps us select our mate either through arranged or love marriage.

Just say a guy goes to a girls house to view her(marriage proposal)...there must be some KKHH in order for the guy and girl to consent for marriage.

Some feeling that "she/he is the one for me" feeling.

BTW I thought my knowledge of Tamil words of the swearing kind was good enough but looks like it that I still don't know enough!LOL

Must find out the meaning!

It is only after cinema and magazines pushed the idea of Love or "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., to the forefront, that these things have progressively become more important.

Dear Sangom ji,

I strongly disagree...our Puranas are filled with love stories that even Mani Ratnam might not be able to direct!

Dushayant-- Shankuntala was "Love at 1st sight".

Nala -Damayanti love story..the original internet love(the swan was the internet connecting them)

Shiva-Parvati love story also is interesting where a woman goes through strict penance to win the heart of the man she loved.

Love story of Satyavathi and Shantanu...which gave Shantanu sleepless nights.

The list can go on and on.

So Love has always been a way of life for us humans.

But so far most of the love stories are all about the royals.

But I am yet to read any Brahmana love story in the Puranas.

Only in Sanskrit Drama Mrcchakatika we find the famous Brahamana Charudatta-Courtesan Vasantasena love story Mrcchakatika.

Last edited:
hi
chemistry works in love at first sight.....frequency/wave length in inner feelings....certain hormones works.....

ready to forget his parents once for all.

This I find it hard to believe...logically if a man can forget his parents once and for all..there is high risk that the man can also forget his wife once and for all and take a new wife.

I feel in marriage both husband and wife should care about their own parents too.

Most Indian males expect the wife to forget her parents once and for all..over the generations this has affected the psychology of the Indian female and they have become defensive and started seeing In Laws as Out Laws and want to distant themselves from them.

Just like how in the past a doctor could treat a patient without fearing anything but now at anytime a doctor can be sued for anything and everything and that has made doctors defensive and do almost every test under the sun hoping not to miss out anything.

So since the problem in Indian marriages was started by males of the past..may be the present generation can try to figure things out like equal attention to inlaws and also one's own parents.

If a wife is the only child or a person has only daughters they should be cared for by the married daughter too and a husband will have to understand that and not kick a fuss.

Same with a wife..she should be willing to be understanding and allow husband to look after his parents.

An old people should also learn how to behave and not trouble their DIL or SIL.

I was reading up online yesterday and came across the article dealing with marriage and TBs.

Worth a read.

Brahmin Women

Dear Sangom ji,

I strongly disagree...our Puranas are filled with love stories that even Mani Ratnam might not be able to direct!

Dushayant-- Shankuntala was "Love at 1st sight".

Nala -Damayanti love story..the original internet love(the swan was the internet connecting them)

Shiva-Parvati love story also is interesting where a woman goes through strict penance to win the heart of the man she loved.

Love story of Satyavathi and Shantanu...which gave Shantanu sleepless nights.

The list can go on and on.

So Love has always been a way of life for us humans.

But so far most of the love stories are all about the royals.

But I am yet to read any Brahmana love story in the Puranas.

Only in Sanskrit Drama Mrcchakatika we find the famous Brahamana Charudatta-Courtesan Vasantasena love story Mrcchakatika.

As you have intelligently observed, our Puranas and other scriptures abound in the type of stories you refer to. These are typical of the kings or rulers who had the power to desire whatever they wished and to acquire all those wishes. Females were such highly prized possessions and the people who wrote the puranas gave a simple "twist" to this purely lust-driven phenomenon a different colour, so to say. Such accounts were relished by the educated land-owning gentry who alos generally led idle lives and had minds where the devil had workshop. That is why even today, the "naLacaritam" kathakaLi is a favourite among the Namboothiris and other, modern-day cognoscenti of that dance drama.

Tabras of Travancore (and I feel even the other areas of modern day Kerala) did not have any liking for the kind of tales which you list, nor did they have any interest in Kathakali. Since these tabras were migrants, essentially, and identified themselves at least intrinsically with their Tamil roots and culture, they were more concerned with the "Bhakthi" parts of our puranic stories. Marriage for them, was essentially a "samskAram" to enter the grihastAshramam and beget progeny so that their culture and ways of life could continue in the endless flow of time.

The vasantasena-chArudatta (not vAsavadatta) story is, of course, a debut in our classical drama. And I agree that this story perhaps is the forerunner of all the subsequent "love stories". Even so, mricchakatika is not a guide to normal living; if anything, it is full of strange events not conforming to the ordinary lives of people of those times.

The difficulty with this idea of "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., is that such things will no longer apply once the marriage is over. I have heard Smt. Mercy Ravi (Late) wife of our GOI minister Shri Vayalar Ravi, in a TV programme, that though both of them loved for 6 or 7 years (they belonged to different religions and probably also castes) and got married thereafter, on the morning after their marriage both of them found their partner to be a different person from the one whom they knew all along for those 6 or 7 years. They then found out that their "love period" was not real! Smt. Mercy Ravi signed off with the advice to all "lovers" with a suitable caution that they should not expect their married life to be a continuation of their "love life".

I therefore feel that an arranged marriage without any of these "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., is as good as one with these add-ons, provided both the partners are not deluded by such things.

P.S.

I have seen a young couple, love marriage after love from primary school!, and every now and then both of them utter, like "deekshA mantra" "xyz! I love you!" or something to this effect, even in the presence of others. So, I asked the husband when he was alone why both of them are doing so. His reply was that both of them needed this constant assurance from the other party so that they have the assurance that their mutual love or chemistry remains intact!!

Dear Ravi,

There exists some kind of chemistry or some 'treeee' which my dad used to call as cupids arrows!

When we were young, we will question our dad, after seeing a few weddings, how the boy married

THAT girl or vice versa. Then he used to say 'When cupid sends his arrows, even the ugliest being

will look like an :angel:'. How very true! That 'kiRakkam' is branded as 'chemistry' now! :thumb:

Shmt Raji Ram,

I do agree that when cupid sends his arrows a "guy" will have some sort of catchy attraction towards the "girl" BUT not vice versa, "IN THE PRESENT TIMES"

There is something called sexual attraction that I would never rule out. Present day girls are not fools (irrespective of how wrong they are to be too choosy and getting aged without marriage) to decide on their future life based on these sexual attractions. They would rather opt a smart looking sexually attracted guy as their Boy Fried until they could grab the best deal from some one else. Once she gets her best deal from a guy with higher professional qualification, annual earning of 10-15 Lakhs and is ready to ignore and forget his parents once for all, She will only then realize that She has her chemistry, frequency and wavelength perfectly matching with this guy only and not with her Boy Friend.

I am not saying "all the girls' who are too choosy for the best deal look for and have Boy Friends. If they are not into it, they are simply too choosy to be adamant to get only those great deals.

I think some members here could not understand my posts clearly and could not relate my posts with the subject matter of this thread and the present day ground reality of "women and engineer problem in marriage"

There are many smart looking, tall and handsome guys who are still desperately looking for marriage at their age of 30+. Is that their personality doesn't kindles Kuch Kuch Hotha Hai Feelings in any of the many girls who too are waiting for marriage at their age of 30+????

All my posts are considering the present day scenario. The present fast growing and challenging world has made almost all too materialistic. And in that, Girls have gone way beyond in their Materialistic pursuits (as much as they have advanced in other aspects of life competing Men) that they can not allow themselves to see various facets of life and its significance, the aging process etc and could not accept the life as how it comes. Not willing to settled down with a descent guy and striving as much as possible along with her husband for the over all betterment of the family.

With such a mind set, todays girls can have their chemistry, frequency and wavelength automatically compatible and matching with only those guys who come with the best deal, no matter if such guys emit sexual attraction or not.

These girls still look for sexual attraction other than the best deal that the guy can offer as basic human tendency BUT would not mind it too much as long as the deals are fabulous. These girls can compensate the lack of sexual attraction with many of their own valid and satisfying reasonings and would truly have all their chemistry, frequency and wavelength perfectly keep matching continuously as that alone can help her enjoy her marriage life with the great deals for ever.

(By sexual attraction I mean natural attractions (attraction between the opposite sex) between male and female species)

hi
chemistry works in love at first sight.....frequency/wave length in inner feelings....certain hormones works.....

Shri tbs,

As Males we can vouch the above statement. Based on personal experiences or experiences of other guys.

For males it certainly works. It not only works BUT it gets committed as well.

For females too it does work. It just works for the moment as basic human instinct BUT would go away the moment she could know that these hormonal changes in her Body NOT gonna do great things for her desired living with the best deals.

Very few exceptional cases exists among girls who get committed to the matching chemistry in love at first sight and that of frequency/wave length in her inner feelings. As for as Brahmin Girls are concerned I doubt if even 1 exceptional case does exists, in the present scenario.

For females too it does work. It just works for the moment as basic human instinct BUT would go away the moment she could know that these hormonal changes in her Body NOT gonna do great things for her desired living with the best deals.

Very few exceptional cases exists among girls who get committed to the matching chemistry in love at first sight and that of frequency/wave length in her inner feelings. As for as Brahmin Girls are concerned I doubt if even 1 exceptional case does exists, in the present scenario.

OMG!

I strongly disagree.

Do you know the mind of every girl in your own community to say not even 1 girl who is committed to chemistry,love and frequency??

Just say this girl finds her chemistry,love and frequency in a Non TB partner..that time everyone will jump on her saying that she has followed her feelings which is just an illusion and left the path of her svadharma blah blah blah(to be lawfully wedded only to a guy of her own caste)

Hey this is really unfair ok..I do admit there are girls who are crazy for money but NOT everyone is money driven.

Looks like it Brahmin girls somehow get bashed left right centre in what ever they do?

Anything and everything they do seems wrong.

Now I am quite convinced that they(girls) might not be entirely at fault!

Ref post 98 by RR madam:

Thank you for your interest in me.
As I mentioned earlier, I have very limited access to TB forum. And when I get a chance, I am bored with “arachcha maavaiye araikkum” habit in many threads. I happened to go through this thread and responded.

Ref posts by Renu on "chemistry":

I remember to have read a definition of love by someone as "primarily narcissistic".
Chemistry, Physics and Literature come only after "Mathematics":eek:hwell: (I mean the claculation one makes vis a vis another person).

As you have intelligently observed, our Puranas and other scriptures abound in the type of stories you refer to. These are typical of the kings or rulers who had the power to desire whatever they wished and to acquire all those wishes. Females were such highly prized possessions and the people who wrote the puranas gave a simple "twist" to this purely lust-driven phenomenon a different colour, so to say. Such accounts were relished by the educated land-owning gentry who alos generally led idle lives and had minds where the devil had workshop. That is why even today, the "naLacaritam" kathakaLi is a favourite among the Namboothiris and other, modern-day cognoscenti of that dance drama.

Tabras of Travancore (and I feel even the other areas of modern day Kerala) did not have any liking for the kind of tales which you list, nor did they have any interest in Kathakali. Since these tabras were migrants, essentially, and identified themselves at least intrinsically with their Tamil roots and culture, they were more concerned with the "Bhakthi" parts of our puranic stories. Marriage for them, was essentially a "samskAram" to enter the grihastAshramam and beget progeny so that their culture and ways of life could continue in the endless flow of time.

The vasantasena-chArudatta (not vAsavadatta) story is, of course, a debut in our classical drama. And I agree that this story perhaps is the forerunner of all the subsequent "love stories". Even so, mricchakatika is not a guide to normal living; if anything, it is full of strange events not conforming to the ordinary lives of people of those times.

The difficulty with this idea of "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., is that such things will no longer apply once the marriage is over. I have heard Smt. Mercy Ravi (Late) wife of our GOI minister Shri Vayalar Ravi, in a TV programme, that though both of them loved for 6 or 7 years (they belonged to different religions and probably also castes) and got married thereafter, on the morning after their marriage both of them found their partner to be a different person from the one whom they knew all along for those 6 or 7 years. They then found out that their "love period" was not real! Smt. Mercy Ravi signed off with the advice to all "lovers" with a suitable caution that they should not expect their married life to be a continuation of their "love life".

I therefore feel that an arranged marriage without any of these "chemistry", "frequency" and "wavelengths", etc., is as good as one with these add-ons, provided both the partners are not deluded by such things.

P.S.

I have seen a young couple, love marriage after love from primary school!, and every now and then both of them utter, like "deekshA mantra" "xyz! I love you!" or something to this effect, even in the presence of others. So, I asked the husband when he was alone why both of them are doing so. His reply was that both of them needed this constant assurance from the other party so that they have the assurance that their mutual love or chemistry remains intact!!

Dear Sangom ji,

I agree with what you wrote but frankly speaking..Ok let me be frank.

Love as I once said in forum is the biggest con job ever played on mankind for continuation of species.

So you see in the days of the cave men..men needed to procreate..so this Kuch Kuch Hota Hai attraction was essential to make him decide which female he will drag to his cave.

If the female did not have KKHH she would resists his attempts.

So he would be able to drag only a female who reciprocates his desire.

Just like how a lioness might fight back the mating attempts of lion who she does not fancy.

Overtime this KKHH got refined and we call it LOVE.

Love as we know waxes and wanes according to time and needs.

Nothing remains the same...it is just that after a while couple start to get used to each other and become close friends and live together.

KKHH is just a catalyst for marriage.

P.S BTW most people find it easier to say I LOVE YOU to their boyfriend/girlfriends.

Once married no one says it as often or says it at all...but they keep saying it again if they are having a extra marital affair.

So for "Halal relationships"(marriage) somehow the frequency of saying ILU is either less or nil.

Last edited:

Low sex ratio sets alarm bells ringing for Tamil Brahmins
By G. Prabhakaran

PALAKKAD, MARCH 12. Alarmed over the low sex ratio prevailing in the community, the Kerala Brahmana Sabha has taken upon itself the role of a matchmaker.
The Sabha's Palakkad district unit organised a `Horoscope exchange meet' here recently as a follow up to a `horoscope bank' launched by it a couple of years ago. There are too many unmarried girls in the community compared to the number of bachelors. Horoscope meet

In the horoscope meet held at Kalpathy agraharam (Brahmin village) in the third week of February, horoscopes of only 710 women were available against 1,400 men horoscopes.
The district president of the Sabha, K.S.K. Nathan, who took the initiative to organise the meet, said ``the extraordinary imbalance in sex ratio is a potential source of danger for the community which is already facing many other social problems. These unmarried youngsters will kindle disruption in our social life, which would have an adverse effect on society.'' Selective foeticide

``Large-scale illegal selective foeticide is the main reason for the dearth of girls in our community. When small family norms and family planning are adopted, most families want only sons. Most parents feel that a girl child is an extra burden as they have to spend their life-long earnings on dowry and ostentatious marriages,'' he said.
Another reason is that most boys neglect their studies and fail to establish themselves in the competitive field of employment. But girls concentrate on their studies and perform well. When they establish themselves well, they choose their husband from other castes. Inter-caste marriages are few among boys but numerous among girls, Mr. Nathan said. Priority

Asked how the community is going to tackle the problem, Mr. Nathan said ``our foremost duty now is to educate the community and refrain from selective female foeticide.'' The community will embark on a campaign in this direction, which it hopes will yield positive results. The issue is so alarming that an all-India meeting of the Brahmana Sabha held in Hyderabad in 2003 decided to give Kerala Brahmin girls in marriage to boys from the community in other States ignoring the existing sub-caste system in the community.

Brahin,

difficult to believe selective female foeticide among kalpahti pattars. i am one of those and afaik nothing of such happens. small families are the norms. girls are more educated and independent and find no interest in attending swayamvarams as they appear to find mates, withinn or without the caste, comparatively easily.

just my gut feeling, without any evidence.

Dear Karthik681 Ji,

having been living in the US for the past 42 years.
KRS

Are you switched off from Media. don't you read New York Times (print / website), The Atlantic (website/print).

I'm a journalist, I'm keep track of whats on and whats off in the world events.(to my best)

Thanks for you reply, but
I'm the person whom you are in communication is waiting for that 'Girl' and have experience.

Earlier in 2012 Times of India came out with an article, here is the link

The headline says
[h=1]Earn less than 50k? Marriage's tough, dude[/h]http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-09-13/man-woman/29739294_1_professionals-life-partners-field-trips

Sir, this what happening now even in India.

just read the comments to the article also, its very intersting.

Brahin,

difficult to believe selective female foeticide among kalpahti pattars. i am one of those and afaik nothing of such happens. small families are the norms. girls are more educated and independent and find no interest in attending swayamvarams as they appear to find mates, withinn or without the caste, comparatively easily.

just my gut feeling, without any evidence.
Dear Kunjuppu hard to believe but this is truth.This occurs not only in poorer communities but also in populations
where women have taken to education and employment and have
achieved considerable social status.

Shri tbs,

As Males we can vouch the above statement. Based on personal experiences or experiences of other guys.

For males it certainly works. It not only works BUT it gets committed as well.

hi ravi,
i agreed with u as male prespective....but understanding WOMEN are very difficult in this world....as male shows his chemistry

matter in words/deeds....but woman never show her chemistry/her inner feelings....it always PUDIRU.....we can think its

a chemistry..suddenly the gal will say...i was thinking as brother....not as lover...so gals change chemistry frequently....

Similarly the problem with many men is that they always think of any woman as lover, not as sister.

LOL!

Actually I feel we should not take anyone who is almost our age as bro and sister cos why ruin a potential chance of getting married.

So its always better to be Friends with Benefits!

hi ravi,
i agreed with u as male prespective....but understanding WOMEN are very difficult in this world....as male shows his chemistry

matter in words/deeds....but woman never show her chemistry/her inner feelings....it always PUDIRU.....we can think its

a chemistry..suddenly the gal will say...i was thinking as brother....not as lover...so gals change chemistry frequently....

TBS garu,

There is something called body language..by a person's body language we can make out if she/he fancies us.

Usually only hard core criminals are able to conceal feelings well.

The rest of us usually do not conceal as well.

BTW friendship is still the safer bet.

Friendship should not be confused and renamed brother and sister relationship.

But as far as I know..in my college..no guys ever wanted to be brothers to any of us girls.

I myself did not call anyone brother.

BTW people should understand that anyone has the right to like anyone but the person they fancy has the right not to reciprocate.

Last edited:
Well said Renuka madam. Brahmin girls cannot win either way.

Vanaja

OMG!

I strongly disagree.

Do you know the mind of every girl in your own community to say not even 1 girl who is committed to chemistry,love and frequency??

Just say this girl finds her chemistry,love and frequency in a Non TB partner..that time everyone will jump on her saying that she has followed her feelings which is just an illusion and left the path of her svadharma blah blah blah(to be lawfully wedded only to a guy of her own caste)

Hey this is really unfair ok..I do admit there are girls who are crazy for money but NOT everyone is money driven.

Looks like it Brahmin girls somehow get bashed left right centre in what ever they do?

Anything and everything they do seems wrong.

Now I am quite convinced that they(girls) might not be entirely at fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back