• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Women and engineer problem in marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

அவன்: எனக்கு ஐம்பதாயிரம் ரூபாய் மாதச் சம்பளம்! என்னை மணந்துகொள்வாயா? :becky:

அவள்: உன் சம்பளம் எ
ன் செலவுக்குப் போதும்! உன் செலவுக்கு என்ன செய்வாய்? :eyebrows:

I prayed to Lord Shiva to bestow good matches for the seekers, this year. Hope it will come true.
I saw you post in my mail box but you have deleted it here. No problem at all.
Wish you all the best to find a good partner soon.

I posted my last post twice as it need to be appear and need to be approved by a moderator. I don't know about the 'deleted' I did simply nothing.

Thanks for you prayers.

On Thursday I upgraded my membership to paid for Rs 2000/- in K M Matrimony, I was very interested in this girl who suited by her expectations and i like her profile.

Today morning, we call her father, they said , they can only give their daughter either Chennai or Tanjore-Trichy and not Bangalore.
So in few seconds my 2000/- is vanished in air.

But I am not dishearten, the dance of shiva is that he balances very well.

consider this,

Type A person (me): With decent qualification and decent salary searching for suitable girl, I'm a paid member in Tamil Matrimony and calling all these girls and introducing about my profile.

Type B person (girl): With super qualification and super salary searching for best boy, she also a paid member in Tamil matrimony and calling all the best boy she finds to be and introducing about her profile.

Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita:
I look up all creatures equally, none are less dearer or more dearer, but who ever pleases me with devotion and love I come to life for them.

God treats everybody equally whether one is poor or decent or good or super.

The outcome of this is that even a super status girls is also desperate for a boy but she cannot lesser her ego.

I don't know why,
A boy has no problem marrying a girl who is either lower or equal or higher than him,
but a girl does not wishes to marry a boy lower than him, expect equal and more than her.

Why is this.

Last edited:
[QUOTE
Thanks for you prayers.

On Thursday I upgraded my membership to paid for Rs 2000/- in K M Matrimony, I was very interested in this girl who suited by her expectations and i like her profile.

Today morning, we call her father, they said , they can only give their daughter either Chennai or Tanjore-Trichy and not Bangalore.
So in few seconds my 2000/- is vanished in air.

But I am not dishearten, the dance of shiva is that he balances very well.

When you are not getting what you expect, please post the details of the girl here. Let some other try. It may be a fake AD.

They say one now and cock and bull story the next moment.

I see lots of profile where girls change the partner preference. One day they AMERICA, next day Japan etc.

So please share the full details of the girls you contacted with phone numbers here. Let others contact them. If it is fake, she will not contact and reply

[QUOTE
They say one now and cock and bull story the next moment.

With all respect to girls.
They have to understand what can be got in their expectations.

Either Karna with all his qualities of five pandavas or five pandavas with five qualities, Fate had for Draupadi to choose pandavas.

There are some girls who expect partner either to be in US,UK, Australia or Canada but never mention 'India'
There are girls who expect partner to be Software professional (after getting married, children later, they sit at home with husband mountain salary)

Girls themselves do not know what to expect, they mind is not about getting Mr Right but a person with high education, in this case it could be an Engineering degree or Masters in Business with salary bracket ranging from 5L to 8L.

The best solution for girls of high status(high education + salary) to find boys is to make use of Facebook.
they can link all engineering boys to girls and get married ( height of stupidity, I say :crazy:,:blabla:)

Otherwise, they have to understand there aren't enough men of their expectation.

Marrying off a girl to a boy is no easy thing for the girl and her parents.
but at the same time, cannot take cheap shot at the boys.

It is important for a girl with education she received to educate her children for their future rather than use it to bargain for her dreams.

In very short run India will join 'Leftovers' of China.

Last edited:

Our family friend forced his son to leave his job in Bangalore and go for Master's degree in any one of the U S of A univs.

The reason he gave was that he can not find a good match for his son with just a B. E degree, working in India! So..........

The boy left his job after two years, wrote GRE and TOEFL, got his M S degree and within one year got a BE girl as partner! :hug:

The boy who loved to settle down with his parents is now very happy too!! :D

I was also in the same boat. With a BE degree it was downright impossible to get someone of my dreams due to the intense competition. Thankfully already had a Valid GRE score and good amount of work experience. Hence did a MS in one of Top US Univ for about a year and came back to work for the same company. Ideally i did not need the MS (or the 20L which i spent on the same) but it was like a 'quota' system where in the eligible list it allowed me to zoom past and get a girl of my dreams and we are happily married and there were no terms or conditions attached (again due to the MS quota system :)).

Can everyone do it ? Probably not since there would a lot of commitments. But if one can afford to the spend the time and effort , then i would recommend to use this approach for anyone who could afford the same. Many people suggested that doing MS for the sake of a masters degree is not worth it , probably i can spend the money on a 2bkh flat and other associated stuff but for me it was worth it.

Karthik681 said:
I'm a member in various matrimony websites, and its true to core that 99% of women do ask more than themselves in terms of salary and in terms of education either equal or more.
the stupidity is that some(more) ask the guy should be a engineer, some idiots ask for same professional (in most case the girl is in IT, so must the boy)
What about other professionals, are they not worthy, does IT stands to be worthy and stable for them?

Dear Karthik , i understand your plight, i really do but please note that neither a Bride or their parents does not have any obligation whatsoever to others. They spent their own time and money educating their daughters , the girls had the presence of mind to actually read well and get into good professions and have their own requirements. Calling them "idiots" is probably not warranted. End of the day it is their money, their life, their daughters and they spend their life savings on their Daughters marriage. I do not understand why others should feel the need to dictate terms to them.

If they want only IT (or) they want only IAS/IPS..etc for that matter, then it is their preference. If they find bridegrooms which meet their requirements then good for them. If they don't find what they are looking for then again it is their call and its their life to decide to get married or not. If they fall in love with someone outside the community , then again it is their decision.

I really not understand the entailment which comes with members and parents of the male children who still want to maintain the status-quo like it existed in the 70's and 80's. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on whichever side of the divide one one sits on , education did act a great leveler.

Karthik681 said:
So the people are behind only money. Money alone is not life. A Brahmin means who knows the prapancham, the universe. Here the universe is only money money and money.Earn money as you like don't expect honesty, get the bribe, till you get caught, if caught share 50% with the superior. That' s all

None of what you mentioned would get a house in a good neighborhood (or) good medical care (or) influence (or) considering our quota system not even a good seat in a decent college of their children. Money is important.

Also i cannot understand the blanket statement that rich people are not honest and vice versa. There are shades of grey in every person and from my personal experience parents of very rich bridegrooms do have lesser demands from the bride's parents in an ongoing basis when compared to parents of bridegrooms from relatively not so affluent backgrounds who tend to keep expecting more and more. Did what i made a blanket statement , probably not but this is general trend to so speak.

Karthik681 said:
More women are going to colleges and more women are getting jobs than before, as the society tends to empower women, this leaves little room for men to catch up.

Exactly who is to be blamed here ? The Boys or the Girls. Equal (if not more) opportunities exists for boys. It is upto us to make use of the same. If someone wants to become Astrophysicist then it is his decision and everyone would need to respect that. But in the same light if the Girls parents does not want to give their daughter to an Astrophysicist because of the demanding working hours , less pay , needs double or triple phds from unvis like Caltech, MIT...etc, then it is their call. Personally i love astronomy.

Karthik681 said:
Then the poor girls, they wish to go abroad. U.S.A., U.K. No one needs Gulf or UAE or SA. They too want a groom from IT field. Some quote they wish to leave the job after marriage (if they are employed) or some say they will offer 50 percent of her salary to her mother. If she leave the job after delivery how will she pay for her parents? for this no one answered.

If the Bridegroom wants to part with a section of his salary to his parents when what should prevent him from doing the same with the girls parents. Is-int marriage supposed to be between equal partners ? Should the in-laws necessary need to have a lower social standing just because they parented a girl child ?

Are their any easy answers or solutions. No.

Regarding choose of location the location preference for western countries is due to the lifestyle,jobs and the benefits it offers to their children. If the same advantages were to be there in middle eastern countries then it should be no problem. But everyone knows about Middle-eastern countries so their ends the reason.

i really do but please note that neither a Bride or their parents does not have any obligation whatsoever to others. They spent their own time and money educating their daughters , the girls had the presence of mind to actually read well and get into good professions and have their own requirements. Calling them "idiots" is probably not warranted. End of the day it is their money, their life, their daughters and they spend their life savings on their Daughters marriage. I do not understand why others should feel the need to dictate terms to them.
f they find bridegrooms which meet their requirements then good for them. If they don't find what they are looking for then again it is their call and its their life to decide to get married or not. If they fall in love with someone outside the community , then again it is their decision.

You meant to say, their high expectation is their right and its good for the society ? Absolutely not.

Please Google and read the story on 'Leftover women in china' through a New York Times article.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/opinion/global/chinas-leftover-women.html?_r=0

I am not here to fight a case but to express what I'm going through.

There are many women in my location who are of same caste but the age gap is just 1 or 2 years and some case they are same age to me.
But they expectation is the same and they still waiting for their Mr Right. I'm 30 now.

Regarding my education,
Hence did a MS in one of Top US Univ for about a year and came back to work for the same company. Ideally i did not need the MS (or the 20L which i spent on the same) but it was like a 'quota' system where in the eligible list it allowed me to zoom past and get a girl of my dreams and we are happily married and there were no terms or conditions attached (again due to the MS quota system :)).
So indirectly its show you spend 20L to get girl of your dreams.

sir, everybody cannot be in same boat. It will collapse on its weight.

I'm not expecting answers or solutions from highly educated people and their happy life but the situation for not so highly educated people is like this, like me.

Lord Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita:
I look up all creatures equally, none are less dearer or more dearer, but who ever pleases me with devotion and love I come to life for them.

God treats everybody equally whether one is poor or decent or good or super.

The outcome of this is that even a super status girls is also desperate for a boy but she cannot lesser her ego.

I don't know why,
A boy has no problem marrying a girl who is either lower or equal or higher than him,
but a girl does not wishes to marry a boy lower than him, expect equal and more than her.

Why is this.

Nice quote from Gita.

Regarding your last question, the answer will become obvious after marriage, to such a "super-status" girl.

Related question. Why do girls usually look for an older male partner? Why do boys not mind marrying younger girls but dont usually marry older women?

Third question. Why is anuloma marriage more acceptable than pratiloma marriage?

The answers to these three questions are not that different.

I don't know why,

Why is this.

Dear Karthik,

Becos men develop inferiority complex if their wife earns more than them or is more famous than them.

I even knew a case where a Surgeon asked his lawyer wife to stop working becos she was earning more than him.
Can you imagine??
Both professionals and he got jealous and insecure.

Background check of that Surgeon revealed that he came from a poor male dominated home and was brought up to think that the male should earn more than his wife.

That is why it is not enough if the groom is equal standing or higher than his wife....his family also should have equal mindset with the bride's family.

When my father was selecting grooms for me..I rejected all grooms whose family looked very traditional or/and money minded and where their father's status did not match my dad and mum..it is not that I looked down upon their dads and mum but I know that lifestyle and mindset would differ and that would certainly pose a problem later on.

Did not want to marry into a family that was way richer than mine or way lesser earning than mine cos mindset would differ.

Money is not a sole criteria..when I use the word Status..I mean the following:

1)Money earned through honest means.
2)Good name and reputation and social standing
3)Good values.

I only wanted to marry a person whose mum was also equally educated as my mum so that her mindset would match my family mindset.

After reading what I wrote you might think that I must have been a fussy female but actually I am not a fussy female..marriage HAS to be among equals for smooth sailing.
When we marry among equals there is no drastic change in our lifestyle..in fact it is just like being our own selves all over again.

I would have never married a person where my lifestyle would have had to undergo drastic changes.

Along the years of marriage anything can change..even love can fade but at least with a similar thinking and mindset peace will prevail at home.

Last edited:
biswa said:
Why do girls usually look for an older male partner? Why do boys not mind marrying younger girls but dont usually marry older women?

Because of the age old male dominance as well as ego and the popular myth that women age faster than men. Personally speaking, I do not want to marry a younger woman - the youngest friend I have is six months younger, I don't even generally talk to women younger than me. Too many maturity and expectation differences. Personally speaking, I would greatly appreciate a woman who is 1-4 years older than myself, as then the conversations are more level headed and it is an equal information/knowledge exchange.

biswa said:
Why is anuloma marriage more acceptable than pratiloma marriage?

For similar reasons as cited above.

renuka said:
Becos men develop inferiority complex if their wife earns more than them or is more famous than them.

With modern education, it is not necessarily true.

Let me look at this from a different point of view: If a boy, younger and/or poorer, approaches a girl who is elder and/or richer, in a society that believe the opposite, it means that he has already discarded the thoughts of what society will say and what people will think. More importantly, it means he has conquered the ego. Such a relationship should be given a real chance because such boys have great potential to be extremely caring partners.

Girls often do not think of this because they think it is just not possible, but generalizations cannot work in today's world. You have to look at the person individually. The parents matter, but ultimately it's you and the guy. I find, women have a lot of misconceptions on some matters.

Case in point: A lot of girls older than me will always refer to me as their little brother and kid if I outright tell them my age. If I instead pretend to be a 25 year old and then at a later point reveal I am 5 years younger, they are just unable to believe that a guy can be so mature and level headed. You see, I personally consider this their own immaturity! :)

So, when it all boils down, we must NEVER have misconceptions. I have one: I am prejudiced against younger women for the exact same reasons that women mention about younger men! In the end, life is not a sole effort, both have to work at it. That's why I feel the woman also must adjust just like the man (gender roles need to go).

I don't face the problem yet because people who know me understand I have a different view of things. I have however had to work a little harder to convince the women that age differences mean nothing. Of course it irritates me sometimes, but at the end of the day I know why it happens, and I realize when you are the exception, you have to show it can work.

And that's my advice to you karthik, show people it can work. There is no need to fear any woman or her parents, be honest, talking does work often :)

Our young friend has widened his search by opting to marry an older girl (woman!)

Since we are hunting for a good match for two of my nephews, I have seen thousands of profiles of girls in the

marriage market. Many of them prefer the age difference NOT more than two to three years and some do NOT

mind selecting younger partner! Girls aged 28 expect match from boys in the age group of 25 - 30!

We were surprised when my son's classmate married his friend's elder sister! 'eppididA oru akkAvai kalyANam

paNNikkuva?' was the question most of his friends asked him! They lead a happy life! :cool:

Most of us know this:

Anjali Tendulkar: She is a practising pediatrician working at the JJ Hospital in Mumbai.

Daughter of industrialist Ashok Mehta and his British wife, Anjali is four years elder to

Sachin. But the age difference did not deter master blaster Sachin from proposing her.

The two met through common friends and before they knew it, they decided to tie the knot. :love:

Sachin-Tendulkar-and-his-wife-Anjali-Tendulkar.jpg

Picture courtesy: Google images

I do not want to marry a younger woman - the youngest friend I have is six months younger, I don't even generally talk to women younger than me. Too many maturity and expectation differences. Personally speaking, I would greatly appreciate a woman who is 1-4 years older than myself, as then the conversations are more level headed and it is an equal information/knowledge exchange.

Dear XLR8R,

What is the hurry to be mature?
Enjoy being immature and youthful when you can.

Personally as a doctor I would advise you to marry a woman who is younger to you for obvious biological reasons.

And also an older woman will always be insecure that her husband might prefer a younger chick eventually.

Frankly speaking maturity is in the mind..anyone can be mature but it is fun being immature too.

Recently I was travelling and had to stop at a near by rest room and it was really crowded and many woman take too long to use the rest rooms.

I was getting impatient and was thinking may be I should just yell "OMG there is a CCTV in this rest room!"
Many women might panic and run...so the rest room will be empty!LOL

While lining up in a rest room this thought came to me..I am aged 43 this year and I am sure that was not a really mature thought but I was laughing to myself thinking how would it be if I had really yelled that!LOL

So you see..don't grow up so fast...be young at heart.

Now the next generation will witness this:
There are Varna 1) Engineer,2) Accountants, 3) Doctors and 4) Others., Subsects will be IT., ECE, EEE, Arch
In Accts CA., ICWA, MBA Docotrs Ayur, Siddha, Allopathy, BDS/MDS and 4) Others likeB.com., M.Com and low salaried categorry. The No1 will invite only No 1 and there is no Brahmin, Vanniya etc and regarding Gothram will be based on the company they work
TCS
Infosys
Reliance
Oil Industiries
IT fields
The Others will come under ethraragal.

Money will change the Subsect and proffession will change Gothram.

There won't be any Brahmin community!

Soon this will happen in next 10 years.

No one will do nithya karma as they work 20 hrs a day to earn money. No tharpana, No thithi, Divasam etc., and the sastram will say if you do shrada in Kasi one time that is enough!

The word Brahmin will disappear from the dictionary.

@Raji Ram: It is good to know that such marriages do happen more frequently in modern day!

@renuka:

What is the hurry to be mature?

maturity is not based on hurry, it is based on experiences. I have to leave my immature days aside as my parents are soon going to reach the retirement age and it is my duty to get into a job and get settled as quickly as possible for them and for myself. I can have fun even as a matured person, this is basically a non-issue :)

renuka said:
Personally as a doctor I would advise you to marry a woman who is younger to you for obvious biological reasons.

I feel that no two people are the same - some men are going to die quickly and some are going to live long, and it will be the same for women. Perceived biological differences are very subjective - surely someone who takes care of his/her health will be healthy far longer in the long run.

I am a frequent asthma patient and with attacks every year, I am not having any thought that I am somehow more healthy or will be more active in my later years compared to any woman. If anything, I will appreciate someone who actually understands my particular problem (this disease is no joke).

On a related note, I feel that social justice and equality must prevail - it is not fair of anyone to keep assuming that men must always marry younger women despite having the same education and friendship and moral values inculcated over the 20+ years of education. The continued notion of regularizing the age difference gives a false impression that the male must always take charge of the relationship. For me, it has to be a relationship of equals. Equal in mindset, and in understanding. That's why, same age or older does well, a woman who is older generally understands these topics a bit better than a younger girl.

I didn't have this same preference five years ago, but in the past five years I have had a whole new take on my life and realized that if I am to be a good, caring husband and set a good example for my future kids (if any), then this is the way to go.

In real, practical life, I am just not particularly attracted to girls younger than me - I seem them as my sisters and as little kids more often than not. That's just how it is :)

renuka said:
So you see..don't grow up so fast...be young at heart.

I have my naughty moments as well, I am the greatest leg puller amongst my friends, hehehe :)

So it's not all doom and gloom for me, but if I have to lie about my age to convince a woman, then I will :p

Its waste of time posting in this forum where almost all members are well to do or living in good standards and they give all answer that are in their wavelength.

Anjali married Sachin because he was already famous and rich since the age 17 he was playing for India in International level, so for anjali, it does not matter whether sachin is SSLC or not, what mattered for her was 'famous' and 'rich'.

If some one married an older person then surely it has to do with two things either they beautiful or well off.
This is the alternative law in marriage.

Its so disgrace that nobody in this forum is commenting on Women's high expectations.

Nobody is reading the links I provided that explains global problem.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/12/opinion/global/chinas-leftover-women.html?_r=0
Why Are So Many Professional Millennial Women Unable To Find Dateable Men? - Forbes
Graduate Gender Gap Means Clever Women Can't Find Husbands

We talking of a global phenomena where educated working class women want to marry equal or higher status men, but they are finding it extremely difficult in finding men of their expectations.

This is also happening in India but its not talked about.

Dear Karthik,

A few of us are writing about the high expectation of modern girls quite often. May be, you have NOT seen such

posts. Girls want taller, richer, more educated guys within one or two years of difference in age! That is today's

trend. Have you ever thought why many tambram girls choose guys form other castes and religions? Vitamin M-

MONEY! Sooner or later, the time will come for the search of 'house husbands' too. We have discussed about this

sometime back in some other thread!

Take care. :)

Its waste of time posting in this forum where almost all members are well to do or living in good standards and they give all answer that are in their wavelength.

Anjali married Sachin because he was already famous and rich since the age 17 he was playing for India in International level, so for anjali, it does not matter whether sachin is SSLC or not, what mattered for her was 'famous' and 'rich'.

If some one married an older person then surely it has to do with two things either they beautiful or well off.
This is the alternative law in marriage.

Its so disgrace that nobody in this forum is commenting on Women's high expectations.

Nobody is reading the links I provided that explains global problem.
Why Are So Many Professional Millennial Women Unable To Find Dateable Men? - Forbes
Graduate Gender Gap Means Clever Women Can't Find Husbands

We talking of a global phenomena where educated working class women want to marry equal or higher status men, but they are finding it extremely difficult in finding men of their expectations.

This is also happening in India but its not talked about.

Shri Karthik,

I would like to draw your attention once again to this post of mine. I am writing again because, believe me, I am not a well to do tabra. Our girls have become very choosy about whom they will marry; today, even a girl's parents are unable to prevent thier daughter's choice of husband even if it is from another caste, religion or nationality. This is true not only of the well-to-do families but also in the not so well-to-do households and even the comparatively poorer homes.

When the conditions are such, there is absolutely no way of changing the mindset of girls. If you are in search of a bride (girl) then I think you should take the trouble of going personally to some of the interior villages of TN, meet people who may direct you to a marriage broker there and then proceed along with him, to choose a girl who will agree to marry you. Even then, I will say, from some of the instances I have heard in recent times, that such comparatively less educated girls from rural background also cannot be taken for granted and they may also prove to be a very big thorn in the flesh sometimes, taking things up to the verge of divorce and claiming very huge cash compensation for divorce.

I therefore will advise bachelor tabra boys to pause and think for a moment whether a life without marriage will be such a disaster as to be eschewed. May be that is one way of reducing the premium now being enjoyed by the girls. Otherwise our boys should be ready to marry from other castes at least.

Shri Karthik,

My brother in law who is also a resident of Bangalore is searching for a suitable alliance for his two sons for the past 6 years; Like you, they both earn a very decent salary, but the expectations and demands of Tamil Brahmin girls have changed beyond imagination.
Some of them want the boy to leave the present job and relocate to girl's locality.
These conditions are thought and imposed by not only the girl, but also her parents.

Dear P J Sir,

What I find is that ALL the girls with well established job, especially in MNC, do NOT want to relocate.

We find this attitude not only in India but in the PIOs in other countries too. It is taken for granted that

boys can find job in any place and they have to relocate. Girls do not need the advise of anyone. They

want their parents to be baby sitters in due course and hence want them in the next road. This will save

a lot of money later! So please do not blame the parents alone. Whatever domination was done by males

in the previous generations are repeated by females now. Tit for Tat. :)
Soon the time will come when a huge sum of 'varadhakshanai' will be demanded by the girl's parents! :popcorn:

Dear P J Sir,

What I find is that ALL the girls with well established job, especially in MNC, do NOT want to relocate.

We find this attitude not only in India but in the PIOs in other countries too. It is taken for granted that

boys can find job in any place and they have to relocate. Girls do not need the advise of anyone. They

want their parents to be baby sitters in due course and hence want them in the next road. This will save

a lot of money later! So please do not blame the parents alone. Whatever domination was done by males

in the previous generations are repeated by females now. Tit for Tat. :)
Soon the time will come when a huge sum of 'varadhakshanai' will be demanded by the girl's parents! :popcorn:

dear raji,

maybe in our community, this will remove the last vestiges of considering girls as a burden. and in some others, as i see this development going across castes and creeds, do away with the practice of female foeticide

God Bless you for your good heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back