• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?

Sravna..there is a verse in the Quran that goes;
" Have you seen he who taken his own desires as his god?
Would you then be a Wakeel?( disposer of his affairs)"

Then it goes on to explain that a messenger's duty is to transmit the message and to accept that beyond that there are those who will not listen or comply.

Further it also explains that it's God's will that prevails.

Imagine! This is to a messenger, so it goes to say we all function in a certain radius
If we want change its about aligning ourselves with the Divine will.
Beyond that we may do our duty well and not go beyond thinking we can transform everyone according to what we perceive as conducive.

So Sravna, start small scale and know that you might not get accross everyone..none of us can really plan anything anymore..Covid 19 a virus itself changed the course of human existence..do you need more evidence?

May be it's time for you to take Sanyas.
Reflect on yourself, search within..then you would be ready to help others who CONSENT to your help.

Sravna..there is a verse in the Quran that goes;
" Have you seen he who taken his own desires as his god?
Would you then be a Wakeel?( disposer of his affairs)"

Then it goes on to explain that a messenger's duty is to transmit the message and to accept that beyond that there are those who will not listen or comply.

Further it also explains that it's God's will that prevails.

Imagine! This is to a messenger, so it goes to say we all function in a certain radius
If we want change its about aligning ourselves with the Divine will.
Beyond that we may do our duty well and not go beyond thinking we can transform everyone according to what we perceive as conducive.

So Sravna, start small scale and know that you might not get accross everyone..none of us can really plan anything anymore..Covid 19 a virus itself changed the course of human existence..do you need more evidence?

May be it's time for you to take Sanyas.
Reflect on yourself, search within..then you would be ready to help others who CONSENT to your help.
Dear Renuka,

My thinking and actions are spontaneous. There is no preconceived plan to do anything and definitely nothing to impose my will. Since it is spontaneous I believe it is God's will too as it is aligned with the principles of Dharma.

Dear Renuka,

My thinking and actions are spontaneous. There is no preconceived plan to do anything and definitely nothing to impose my will. Since it is spontaneous I believe it is God's will too as it is aligned with the principles of Dharma.
If its God's will, you wont have bodily identification.
You still attach a lot of importance to thinking capacity of a certain community in terms of seeing the bigger picture.

So how is this God's will?

When God's will functions through anyone, they would realize that God is the software and the physical body is just the hardware.

Honestly at that stage, there is no more thoughts but revelations that flash in the mind.

In such a state, the person totally knows that whatever their physical body is or IQ or gender or creed etc, none of this mattered..this state can be attained by even those who were considered illiterate or dum witted.

Only one in a state of Aham Brahmaasmi one
functions in the mode of God's will ..not one who experiences Aham Brahamana asmi.

If you could get over that just one little bodily attachment then I guess you are functioning in Divine will.

Most of us( me included) are not functioning in Divine will mode but we just tend to identify with concepts of such a state.

If its God's will, you wont have bodily identification.
You still attach a lot of importance to thinking capacity of a certain community in terms of seeing the bigger picture.

So how is this God's will?

When God's will functions through anyone, they would realize that God is the software and the physical body is just the hardware.

Honestly at that stage, there is no more thoughts but revelations that flash in the mind.

In such a state, the person totally knows that whatever their physical body is or IQ or gender or creed etc, none of this mattered..this state can be attained by even those who were considered illiterate or dum witted.

Only one in a state of Aham Brahmaasmi one
functions in the mode of God's will ..not one who experiences Aham Brahamana asmi.

If you could get over that just one little bodily attachment then I guess you are functioning in Divine will.

Most of us( me included) are not functioning in Divine will mode but we just tend to identify with concepts of such a state.
Dear Renuka,

No honestly I don't attach importance only to a particular thing and definitely not to the capabilities of a particular community to which I happen to belong. I realize everything changes across births but the mind and soul are the same and so I don't have specific attachments. Yes honestly.

But facts have to be accepted but not be used to project superiority but to co-operate and understand one another and nature.

Having said the above I do think your inclinations and circumstances of the current birth cannot be totally ignored and total detachment displayed. As long as you are in this world interplay of various inclinations and differences is supposed to happen. We just have evolve to ensure that prejudices or biases don't creep in. But progression is ultimately towards perfect detachment though.

When prejudices become deep rooted and pervasive and reflect as adharmic actions is when divine intervention happens. It is bound to happen reflecting the underlying spiritual reality which is perfectly balanced.

When prejudices become deep rooted and pervasive and reflect as adharmic actions is when divine intervention happens. It is bound to happen reflecting the underlying spiritual reality which is perfectly balanced.
you are right ,
Brahman is everywhere and in every bit of creation ie in animals as well as in humans, and also perhaps
in plants too, Thanks to Shri J.C.Bose who scientifically proved life in them.
Dharma or rules of righteous conduct are laid down in Dharma sastra for dharmic actions .if however adharmic actions are there and life balance may be affected say a lion
killing its prey for its legitimate food needs ,but not for killing per se as sports ,such adharmic actions are bound to
disturb the balance. The question to ask is why or what factors cause these and what remedies are suggested in god's plan of creation and control of this universe are
questions to explore ?

you are right ,
Brahman is everywhere and in every bit of creation ie in animals as well as in humans, and also perhaps
in plants too, Thanks to Shri J.C.Bose who scientifically proved life in them.
Dharma or rules of righteous conduct are laid down in Dharma sastra for dharmic actions .if however adharmic actions are there and life balance may be affected say a lion
killing its prey for its legitimate food needs ,but not for killing per se as sports ,such adharmic actions are bound to
disturb the balance. The question to ask is why or what factors cause these and what remedies are suggested in god's plan of creation and control of this universe are
questions to explore ?
I do not accept that Dharma Sastras can dictate the right or wrong action. What were people doing before Dharma Sastra was formulated? At best they were created around the 2nd century B.C.

So they were not God-Given, may be given by Manu, Moses, or Mohamad.
They are not universal and keeps changing according to society. I do not believe in the idea that it is God-given. It is all man-made. Brahman does not create, judge, or punish. You can explore as much as you want.

Sravna, I think you have had these ideas of helping the world for some few years.

So when are you going to actually embark on your mission?

Sravna, I think you have had these ideas of helping the world for some few years.

So when are you going to actually embark on your mission?
Developing the theoretical framework as that is necessary when you want to convince people. I do not want to use power.

I think renuka and sravana should please continue this discussion as a direct online chat between themselves outside , since for quite a while this is NOT looking like a forum on the given topic

I think renuka and sravana should please continue this discussion as a direct online chat between themselves outside , since for quite a while this is NOT looking like a forum on the given topic
Thank you for your suggestion.
But for now its fine if Sravna and I decide on that.
May be Sravna could start a thread in chit chat section.
Or you could also request the Moderator to shift this entire thread to Chit Chat section so the chit chat may resume.

As for the ending of this story, you may notice that I had suggested to Sravna to start working on his plan.
So the dicussion has technically ended.

Alternatively if you feel that this is not looking like a forum on the given topic, you could also request the Moderator to close this thread.

So over to you Mangalam ji..you decide how you prefer it.

Madam,

Sorry for going off topic. But it does happen most of the times as it is difficult to to be constrained strictly by the one line heading and discussions take a natural course. But your point is well taken.

Thank you folks,

going back to the Intelligence of Brahmins, A pal forwarded this weird letter to me asking me - is it true ? I was taken aback by the contents and did not know what to say. While it does not look like a letter that could be written by a lawyer, it's being forwarded everywhere. Why people pull Brahmins into everything is a mystery.

Date: 18 September 2021 at 9:45:23 AM MYT
To: [email protected]
Subject: Dalits
Mr Yogi Adityanath
Honourable Chief Minister,
Uttar Pradesh

Your excellency,
I am a Hindu lawyer practicing in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia for the past 50 years.
My father was a devout Hindu who came to then Malaya from Jaffna in the then Ceylon in 1920.
May I ask a provocative a question?
Does your excellency know why Brahmin babies are born healthy but not Dalit babies?
This is because Brahmin women who are pregnant eat rice with yoghurt or sambar with one almond in it, and do all the housework and walk a lot. But Dalit women who are pregnant, eat rice and plain water and work 12 hours without other exercise. Not surprising that Brahmin babies are born healthy and Dalit babies are not born healthy.
From immediately after birth, Brahmin boys are fed breast milk for two years. Dalit mothers give breast milk immediately the baby is born but switch to diluted condensed milk after that for two years.
The following is of cardinal importance.
Brahmin mothers give their babies a little mashed rice as soon as the baby’s neck is firm usually in six months.
Dalit mothers do not do this, they continue giving the baby only dilute condensed milk.
No wonder Brahmin babies’ brains develop but not the Dalit babies’ brains.
After the baby is one, Brahmin mothers and fathers talk and play a lot with the baby until the baby is four.
Dalit mothers ignore the baby most of the time.
our excellency, importance must be given to proper nutrition.
Kindly discuss this information with your State Health Department and professors of medicine in the great Uttar Pradesh universities.
I hope I have been helpful and not a nuisance.
My aim is to make Dalits just as healthy and brainy as Brahmins.
Yours truly,
A.Kanesalingam
Kuala Lumpur

I do not accept that Dharma Sastras can dictate the right or wrong action. What were people doing before Dharma Sastra was formulated? At best they were created around the 2nd century B.C.

So they were not God-Given, may be given by Manu, Moses, or Mohamad.
They are not universal and keeps changing according to society. I do not believe in the idea that it is God-given. It is all man-made. Brahman does not create, judge, or punish. You can explore as much as you want.
The above ref. website quotes only the Smruthi ,and not Sruthi.
The Vedas much older and spread thru hearing only, originate from the divine and passed on thru Rishis, contain
basic life principles fort he guidance of the Hindu followers.
The Vedas were compiled by Vedavyasa ,as also the Upanishads, which propound the spirituality aspect of life.the essence of Himduism. Most of our ancestors were Asthikas and they believed in these scriptures.
'satyam vada, dharmam chara,,Matru Devo Bhava, Pitru Devo
Bhava, Aacharya devo Bhava ,Athithi devo bhava' are simple
life principles for guidance(Sheesahvalli ,in Taitryopanishad).
More work& research on our scriptures are done in US universities than in India).
We can gain some good idea from Kanchi Paramacharya's
book titled "The Vedas"

Last edited:
Thanks for that link, interesting,
Some person chooses to compare brahmin babies and dalit babies and gives an imagined nutrition and exercise background as to one baby's better IQ and health over the other. If a person has a genuine interest in raising the down trodden they need to study deficiencies of the group and address them. Where do Brahmins come in the picture ? I wanted to show how even if we don't say that Brahmins are an intelligent group, others are saying it.

The forum was -Why are south Indian brahmins intelligent , so it is stating that a group is intelligent and trying to find reasons for that.
not sure why we are having a God discussion, anyway the prayer we Hindus say before eating is "Brahmārpañam .....", beautiful in it's essence. The problem with the Muslim prayer is that God for them is only Allah, where it is translated into English as God equates to only Allah. I have travelled far and wide on Interfaith conferences and very clear about this. That is why we are infidels for them.
Going back to the forum topic I would like people to comment on the 3 dominant groups viz the brahmins of TN, the Jews and the Vellalars of SriLanka, what is the common denominator ? Majority communities around them hate them with a vengeance.
Are you 1), or 3) ?

I think there are more NB than B on tb.com

Hate of another person happens when your ego is hurt or subdued. In the former you may be able to retaliate fast but in the latter retaliation comes out at the moment when retaliation is possible.

In the first it is likely that it is far less justified but a natural reaction of many. It is a tricky situation. The latter is just a natural correction and offers more hope for quicker reconciliation.

What a cacupoo.
Thank you folks,

going back to the Intelligence of Brahmins, A pal forwarded this weird letter to me asking me - is it true ? I was taken aback by the contents and did not know what to say. While it does not look like a letter that could be written by a lawyer, it's being forwarded everywhere. Why people pull Brahmins into everything is a mystery.
It is the psychological background that makes or brakes the future of a child. Other than Brahmans, Pillai and Mudaliars others have to go back to manual work, thus the child does not get group love and grows insecure. Also, even before marriage, in general, the lower strata does not check the physical and biological strengths - deficiencies of vitamins, calcium... and the whole range, makes the child to inherit a less healthy body and mind. Since, they don't have highly educated elders to guide them (now such highly educated quota people move away from their clan, thus deprive the children intellectual stimulation and growth. Science tells that all children are born with about 85 lakhs of neurons, but they grow in size due to stimulation like speech, music, education, love, nutrient... which are denied in the lower strata. All government aid to help never reach them due corruption and absorbed by their own clans who are elected.

Poor children lack KG education which is important.

Now even birth control free pills are swindled by the people they elect but are paid per vote. The basic point is they do not have role model. Economic poverty (throughout the world) also stun their brain growth. So, just feeding rice with curd or sambar sadam does not make any one intelligence. The major point is in the upper castes "education" is given importance but in the lower category, due to their poverty, they are forced to become laborers.

I had helped some Harijan boys to come up and two of them are IAS officers. I used to feed them old rice with butter milk and ericha Spinach (keerai)l and I used to eat with them. I took promise that they will not ashamed of their parents and will visit with them when they become IAS. They did. Since I was doing voluntary free service to elders, they did not object. So, food, guidance and quality education are the keys for success even in the West. But by using quota ploy, politicians who steal the vote from the poor deprive them their intellectual and educational growth.

Most Brahmans were poor, but sacrificed their welfare for the education of their children. It is the second generation that started thriving. My students do not take bribe and still now have no bungalows.

The Malaysian person probably has more palm oil in his diet should find a Psychiatrist and go to a really good statistic class to learn more. Intelligence is not automatic to any caste, creed or tribe, it evolves over nurturing by elders who care about education and not ask “what is the use of education”. They fail to teach social skills(soft skills). The poor children are victims of political betrayal and family failures. I know a few highly intelligent other (lower) caste scientist and we are still friends.

What a cacupoo.

It is the psychological background that makes or brakes the future of a child. Other than Brahmans, Pillai and Mudaliars others have to go back to manual work, thus the child does not get group love and grows insecure. Also, even before marriage, in general, the lower strata does not check the physical and biological strengths - deficiencies of vitamins, calcium... and the whole range, makes the child to inherit a less healthy body and mind. Since, they don't have highly educated elders to guide them (now such highly educated quota people move away from their clan, thus deprive the children intellectual stimulation and growth. Science tells that all children are born with about 85 lakhs of neurons, but they grow in size due to stimulation like speech, music, education, love, nutrient... which are denied in the lower strata. All government aid to help never reach them due corruption and absorbed by their own clans who are elected.

Poor children lack KG education which is important.

Now even birth control free pills are swindled by the people they elect but are paid per vote. The basic point is they do not have role model. Economic poverty (throughout the world) also stun their brain growth. So, just feeding rice with curd or sambar sadam does not make any one intelligence. The major point is in the upper castes "education" is given importance but in the lower category, due to their poverty, they are forced to become laborers.

I had helped some Harijan boys to come up and two of them are IAS officers. I used to feed them old rice with butter milk and ericha Spinach (keerai)l and I used to eat with them. I took promise that they will not ashamed of their parents and will visit with them when they become IAS. They did. Since I was doing voluntary free service to elders, they did not object. So, food, guidance and quality education are the keys for success even in the West. But by using quota ploy, politicians who steal the vote from the poor deprive them their intellectual and educational growth.

Most Brahmans were poor, but sacrificed their welfare for the education of their children. It is the second generation that started thriving. My students do not take bribe and still now have no bungalows.

The Malaysian person probably has more palm oil in his diet should find a Psychiatrist and go to a really good statistic class to learn more. Intelligence is not automatic to any caste, creed or tribe, it evolves over nurturing by elders who care about education and not ask “what is the use of education”. They fail to teach social skills(soft skills). The poor children are victims of political betrayal and family failures. I know a few highly intelligent other (lower) caste scientist and we are still friends.
I think the problem has been made harder than it really is. Giving someone their rightful due and reconciling is a lesser problem than removing the perceived superiority of the oppressor because the former is more likely to happen under the compulsions at least of the external reality while latter needs purification of the mind.

Good things have been done in India to redress the subjugation of some castes in the past. Lot more needs to be done and sustained.

Latest ads

Back