• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why no Navagraha in Sri Vishnu Temples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is generally believed that ramanujacharya brought many into the hindu fold.

many think that quite a few of them became brahmins.

I have heard this from quite a few

I do not know the basis for this.

I am surprised that many learned members of this forum do not appear to believe this.

similarly there is a thinking that many samana[jain] temples got converted to vaishnavite temples

on decline of the religion in south india

what does chengan mean? red eyes in post#303 ? did tirumal have red eyes in tirumugam?

I do not know sentamizh. this is kadikkara tamizh.

who speaks this tongue nanbare?

It means Sivanda eye! Here is the reason as I picked this morning of my peg of Thirupaavai 19

Pirati is Sigappi or Sigappu in skin tone looking at her Piran eye becme sigappu or chengan

Pirati's eye are blak (Not Black Eye) Piran niram Karuppu Constant gaze at him made her eyes black! There were poetic interpretation of other organs also selectively omitting inconveint ones!

Kannuka mai Azagu Kavithaiku Poi azagu Great poetry!

Enjoy

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...=lTDauv8MkI7e6jLg1qBiFQ&bvm=bv.82001339,d.c2E

Last edited:
Then what Kalai were they?

I do see some similarity....becos whatever said and Iyengars/Vaishnavas strongly defend their "matam"and hold on to it and never give up just like another Abrahamic religion we all know.

But at the same time I wonder how Ramanuja managed to do this? I guess the concept was kind of similar.

God is Great or Vishnu and His messenger is Ramanuja.

The Abrahmic religion believes only in One God and have the concept of angels.

Vaishnavaism has the concept of only Vishnu is God and have the concept of Azhwars and Nityasooris.

Both believe in the Ultimate Heaven and the Jeeva will never be the same as God.

OMG !!! OMG!! Vaagmi ji are you even reading this?

Salam Salam Laakhon Salam!

Salam Salam Virus JJ is spreading fast I can see a shade of the symptom of that Infection Ref Post 231 & 283

Last edited:
Ignorence is bliss for some, is foot in the mouth for coloured!
All vaishnavas are not iyengars.

Are you saying that some of the Tamil Brahmins (iyangars) have impure blood in them? What about their Gotram showing their unbroken lineage from one of the Sapta Rishies? Was that a lie?

Then what Kalai were they?
I do see some similarity....becos whatever said and Iyengars/Vaishnavas strongly defend their "matam"and hold on to it and never give up just like another Abrahamic religion we all know.
But at the same time I wonder how Ramanuja managed to do this? I guess the concept was kind of similar.
God is Great or Vishnu and His messenger is Ramanuja.
The Abrahmic religion believes only in One God and have the concept of angels.
Vaishnavaism has the concept of only Vishnu is God and have the concept of Azhwars and Nityasooris.
Both believe in the Ultimate Heaven and the Jeeva will never be the same as God.
OMG !!! OMG!! Vaagmi ji are you even reading this?
Salam Salam Laakhon Salam!

Yeah!! let us talk about sarees. My wife likes pochampalli prints more than the bland Kanjivaram silk variety. She says the pochampalli prints are very attractive to her because they are bold and yet diffused. The edges do not stand out and hit you hard or compete for your attention. The prints just blur away where they should and yet the colorfull patterns keep you captured. Every time you look at a pochampalli pattern you keep wondering what it would have been like if it had been plain printed boldly.

Similarly she says she likes the Madurai chungidi more than the "tie and dye" Baandhni varieties of Rajasthan as these are stamped and so the patterns are regular here. Moreover the fabric here is pure rough cotton while that from Rajasthan is mixed. So a well starched and ironed Madurai saree is a pleasure to wear.

Philosophy, metaphysics, ontology, epistemology and religions are for more serious minded people. It requires a lot of reading and preparation to discuss them in an informed way. Otherwise it will end up the way it has ended up in this thread. So discussion about sarees and fashions is more apt for some of the members here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Philosophy, metaphysics, ontology, epistemology and religions are for more serious minded people. It requires a lot of reading and preparation to discuss them in an informed way. Otherwise it will end up the way it has ended up in this thread. So discussion about sarees and fashions is more apt for some of the members here. Thanks.

All sarees are the same..is just one piece of cloth painted different hues but yet the one can write volumes about it and just pull the saree and it comes off like removing the layers of an onion.

Only difference is peeling an onion you find nothing finally but peeling a saree you find lots of things that made Sanyasis of the past shudder in fear and write shlokas to make a female sound just like a conglomerate of flesh and bones but men remained always more than flesh and bones!LOL

Now back to the story..likewise God is just garment painted by humans in various hues and called religion or matam or whatever they want to connect to God.

Pull it...nothing is left finally..some feel so bad that there is nothing finally that they imagine an Apsara in heaven at the end of the garment called Religion.
Some others imagine they have 72 virgins...some others imagine they are in Vaikunta or Kailash.

But the problem is still unresolved...What Kalais were the Abrahamics who were converted by Ramanuja?

Salam Vaagmi Bhai!

All religions come from our Brahmin ancestors. As I said earlier, Islam originates in Satana in maharashtra & this is an off shoot of Advaita. Shankara spent decades in Sringeri writing Advaita & first text of Islam comes from his teachings.

As you see, his disciples then take his teachings to Kerala & you can find a large Muslim population there. They are the first Muslims, similarly, the first Christians are the Syrian Christians in Kerala.

Muslims in Karnataka & kerala don’t know Hindi or Urdu at all. They all speak only Dravidian & only based on the similarity of the worship, the British classified them as Muslims.

So each Brahmin Rishi propagated his faith whether it is Shaivism, Vaishnavism, Christianity, Bhuddism, Jainism, Islam etc.. & his followers were all Brahmin disciples. So these Brahmin disciples were converted & re-converted by different Rishis depending on the various times.

So the same Brahmin disciples who were following the Islamic texts moved to Ramanuja as Vaishnavites & vice versa. So they moved from one Gurukkal to another :) !! And these disciples propagated the faith to the locals in each area who then followed that specific faith.

That’s why you see some Muslims & Christians claiming Brahmin ancestory in India but you will NOT see any Brahmin community claiming ancestry from anyone else !!

Last edited:
All sarees are the same..is just one piece of cloth painted different hues but yet the one can write volumes about it and just pull the saree and it comes off like removing the layers of an onion.
Only difference is peeling an onion you find nothing finally but peeling a saree you find lots of things that made Sanyasis of the past shudder in fear and write shlokas to make a female sound just like a conglomerate of flesh and bones but men remained always more than flesh and bones!LOL
Now back to the story..likewise God is just garment painted by humans in various hues and called religion or matam or whatever they want to connect to God.
Pull it...nothing is left finally..some feel so bad that there is nothing finally that they imagine an Apsara in heaven at the end of the garment called Religion.
Some others imagine they have 72 virgins...some others imagine they are in Vaikunta or Kailash.
But the problem is still unresolved...What Kalais were the Abrahamics who were converted by Ramanuja?
Salam Vaagmi Bhai!

Yes. Sarees as an ethnic wear are more elegant to wear than the salwar kameez combination. And in wearing comfort also it is more in the case of sarees than the salwar kameez. A pant and shirt is the ultimate in comfort of wearing.

Oh No. Do you want to know what I think about madisar? Madisar is a beautiful dress if you have beautiful exhibit-able legs. Otherwise it is a big no no.

Narayana! Narayana!! intha ponnukku ennikkuththaan nalla buththiya kudukkapporiyo. Theriyalaiyedaappaa.

Philosophy, metaphysics, ontology, epistemology and religions are for more serious minded people. It requires a lot of reading and preparation to discuss them in an informed way. Otherwise it will end up the way it has ended up in this thread. So discussion about sarees and fashions is more apt for some of the members here

My way is Highway No other way

The lepord can nevere change its spots!. Once bitten twice shy doesnot seems to apply The Knowledgable Vaishnava - people who donot have the time for the like of youl feel they are more serious and well informedt - (Karachu Kudichachu) - others are uneducated morons!. Instead of doing Gayathri and Sandyavandan in Sri Rangam Temple Tank The well informed serious Vaishnava have started washing the dirty sarees there!

Knowledgeable SC has a definte answer for this which is binding on KI also!

#Gharwapsi ? SC Religion is a right, but caste is a privilege | Kractivism

There was no vada-then kalai during Ramanuja's time. We do not know what was prevalent at that time on kalai issue. You have to understand that one does not give up his varna-jati-kula inheritance wherever he goes and whatever he does. And the wife converts to husband's clan. Perhaps you have to check with ISKCON what happens when abrahamics become vaishnavas or shaivas.

........... But the problem is still unresolved...What Kalais were the Abrahamics who were converted by Ramanuja?....
Clues for Renu!

Idol of Sri Ramanuja:

220px-Ramanujacharya_Idol_in_a_temple.jpg

Vadakalai sub-sect symbol:......................................... Thenkalai sub-sect symbol:

220px-Vadagalai_Tiruman.JPG
220px-Thengalai_thiruman.jpg

Source: Wiki

Last edited:
Wiki gives wrong clues??
confused.png

Back to Square one No clues yet to Renu .This out of court settlement will give relief to both kalais & Renu may find her clue As per SC sggestion for their yanis we can have 2 Ramanuja side by side (Like Rettai Pilliar In some places - Pillair helps to get you over obstacles you see) Allaha Allha Abacharam we have to bear with these suggestion from Morons! How can Well read and highly informed vaishnavas think of Pillaiar??

ramanuja2.jpg

Another suggestion Vadkalai N on fore head and Then K N on the chest and other parts! This is rendungekettan solution is typical of those morons!

you can find peace this way. One day vadakali the next day Thenkalai in roation like Kadu aaru maasam Nadu arru maasam

Last edited:
​Wiki gives wrong clues?? :confused:

wiki has to be taken with a pinch of thirumaN. Wiki is a good source for reference, and there are patently wrong, dubious and correct information. Some are updated by enthusiasts, but many let it go. Generally ok, but only when wiki is quoted as gospel truth, others wake up and try to correct.
wiki is an invaluable resource for most of us for quick update on any topic. Those who populate wiki pages deserve credit and praise.

I read in some website where a Vadakalai was saying that you can never find a Vadakalai stating Kalai does not matter in a matrimony site but Thenkalais many a times say 'Kalai no bar".

There was no vada-then kalai during Ramanuja's time. We do not know what was prevalent at that time on kalai issue. You have to understand that one does not give up his varna-jati-kula inheritance wherever he goes and whatever he does. And the wife converts to husband's clan. Perhaps you have to check with ISKCON what happens when abrahamics become vaishnavas or shaivas.

This i agrere seems a sane approach to have clarity of Kalai Divisions But well read and informed may not agree Instead may throw a challenge - Why harp on Ramanuja ? Do some research - read more books be better informed - insha Allaha - find out - Muhamed was a Shia or Sunny? Forget & leave Ramanuja! for those already well read and imnformed

Clues for Renu!

ramanuja2.jpg

Thanks for bringing out the differnce in Nammam of 2 Kalais

This link shows Shri Thoopul Srinivasa Raghavans ( He is no Nunipul in Vashinava Information & readings unlike me as suggested by well read and Inforomed few here) Upanyasum -to day I saw in Doortharshan Of course it not Pasuram 21 but got from the archvies Please look at his Namam It looks it does not fit in withese photos above The White strokes is U Ok But the red centre stroke is replaced with yellow In which kalai you fix this tyoe of Namam

www.youtube.com/watch?v=coIkt0SkTx4

Last edited:
Wiki gives wrong clues?? :confused:

Back to Square one No clues yet to Renu .This out of court settlement will give relief to both kalais & Renu may find her clue As per SC sggestion for their yanis we can have 2 Ramanuja side by side (Like Rettai Pilliar In some places - Pillair helps to get you over obstacles you see) Allaha Allha Abacharam we have to bear with these suggestion from Morons! How can Well read and highly informed vaishnavas think of Pillaiar??

Another suggestion Vadkalai N on fore head and Then K N on the chest and other parts! This is rendungekettan solution is typical of those morons!

you can find peace this way. One day vadakali the next day Thenkalai in roation like Kadu aaru maasam Nadu arru maasam

If the SC's suggestion is neither VK nor TK but Gopi Chandanam, since he belonged to Vadama Sect (per Wiki), what will you do?

There is a simple way to remember V Kalai and T kalai symbols.

U marks the Upper group, they claim so! - North is up in the map - V kalai (Vadakku = North)

Y has a downward stroke - South is down in the map - T kalai (TheRku = South)

May be both VKs and TKs pray
Sri. Ramanuja and they adorn his idol with their own seb-sect symbol! :decision:

And hanuman, ganesha (gajomukan) also wear thirumaNs accordingly.

samadasrsanam.

U marks the Upper group, they claim so! - North is up in the map - V kalai (Vadakku = North)

Sri. Ramanuja and they adorn his idol with their own seb-sect symbol! :decision:

U marks the Upper group
"
This takes me to Kripananda Warior. I have heard him say Appar was called so because he was "Upper" among the 63

But still there is no clue! Where do you Fix Thoopul Namam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back