• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why no Navagraha in Sri Vishnu Temples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Responding to points is good to read. But this is attack on a member (bolded part) . Who determines who is at what intellectual level. I see a pattern - one member is called arrogant, another is called cynical, and here a member (or others as well) being told they do not have intellectual capacity. Such comments are uncalled for and diminish the stature of the forum

This was not an attack on any one particularly. Go and attend a vidwat sadas when it is held next by any of the Acharyas or their matom. You will understand what is the meaning of an intellectual argument free from malice and bitterness. I said it is part of the ethos in the religions in India. I stand by what I said.

When we have malice in our mind it clouds our vision and we jump to conclusions like what has happened in your post. LOL. That is ok I am not feeling hurt. Take it easy. LOL. The forum's status stands enhanced by such frank assessment of facts. And it was said in the context of jihads and crusades and that fact has been "conveniently" missed. It appears there is an attempt to list whom all I have called arrogant, cynical etc., and a pattern is sought out in it. I hope an account is also kept of all those who call vaishnavas names and make fun of them day in and day out. Let us compare the list. LOL.

I think this thread has outlived its purpose. I do not intend to write any more here. I would be happy if it is closed. Thanks for all the brickbats at vaishnavas.

This i agrere seems a sane approach to have clarity of Kalai Divisions But well read and informed may not agree Instead may throw a challenge - Why harp on Ramanuja ? Do some research - read more books be better informed - insha Allaha - find out - Muhamed was a Shia or Sunny? Forget & leave Ramanuja! for those already well read and imnformed

There seems to be another similarity Muhamed had to move to Medina from Mecca Ramanuja had to move to Melkote !!

I would be happy if it is closed. Thanks for all the brickbats at vaishnavas.

You can close your eyes and imagine like a Poonai! that Boologam is dark and closed!

It is more or less a fight in an organization. If the situation has gone out of control, the CEO of the organization has to step in and set things right.

Similarly, we have to pray to Lord Shiva, the CEO of Hinduism, to give 'NALLA BUDHHI' to the deserved, as in the case of Brahma and Vishnu when they quarreled for the supremacy and Shiva put them in the proper perspective.

Good point, now my question. If you worship Rama, do you worship Sita as well? If so, then immediately you fall in the much despised (by some bigots) polytheism. If not, why have Sita idols in temples and garland photos of Sita along with Rama?

They are made for each other!! It is slightly different from relationship of Shakthi and Sivam Sakthi illyale Sivam Illai. That is Arthanari concept Hence you have temples like Meenakshi Kamatchi Visalakshi all over India - Vishnu Gives his chest and heart But not his equal half !! She finds a place in his heart If Lakshmi is Vadai Vishnu is Thonnai - Vadai is always placed in a Thonnai as Vaishnava Prasad Vishnu illayel laksmi illai No Thonnai No vadai! There is one Padmavathy Thayar temple and learned will consider this only an exception! Mahalakshmi Temple in Mumbai is not our Vaishnavas cup of coffee!

Last edited:
I read in a blog that the place Rameshwara is so named because Rama worshiped Siva linga before the war and that Rama's God is Siva (and hence the name Rama's Ishwara for that place).

Do Vaishnavas believe this story? If so why not worship Siva also?

You Know a popular "Pilgrims Progress" which takes you along all over Bharath following the foot steps of Rama Finally it ends at Tirupullani though Rameswaram is about 40KMs as the crow flies If Logistics is not the Problem then why not Rameswaram where you have Ramar Padams!? Because the island has Iswaran in its Name!! And close by in Devipatnam you will see the Navagrhas which Seetha created and worshiped as per legend you will be told if you care to visit those places! It is all Poonai attitude - closing the eyes!

I would be happy if it is closed. Thanks for all the brickbats at vaishnavas.

You can close your eyes and imagine like a Poonai! that Boologam is dark and closed!

I know a member here regularly reads my posts and makes strenuous efforts repeatedly to draw me into a useless gossip like mediocre conversation. I am not going to oblige. I am rather amused. Keep trying. Best wishes. LOL.

No, you are mistaken. By monotheism, it does not imply that one should not pray to different avataras or even an avatara and his spouse at the same time -- because different avataras of Sri Vishnu are but representations of the same divine... and the spouses of different avataras are not different from the avataras themselves, but form their active energy, and such avataras are not 'anya devata' to each other. It is like taking a bus to climb the mountain to reach the top. Whereas polytheism concept is vesting one's faith and trust in different gods who manifest different spiritual energies at the same time. This is akin to going around in circles at the bottom of the mountain in different buses and never reaching the top.

I include several devatas in my puja actually - first start with Hanuman, then Shri Rama, then Tirupathi Venkateswara, then finally mother Mahalakshmi. But my prayer to Sri Rama, he being my ishta, is the longest and one I never skip.

This is my understanding of monotheism as in Vaishanavism. Ofcourse, my understanding could be wrong and I wait for more learned to clarify their understanding of monotheism in Vaishnavam.

Go to Temples dedicted to Hanuman mainly Like Nammakal You will hardly come accross learned vaishnavas - Presiding deity should be Vishnu only minor Sannadhis for Hanuman is OK If not these temples are of no interest!

I know a member here regularly reads my posts and makes strenuous efforts repeatedly to draw me into a useless gossip like mediocre conversation. I am not going to oblige. I am rather amused. Keep trying. Best wishes. LOL.

This is not a private communication or patented by any one It is in public domain People read with eyes of an Hawak and not close their eyes like Poonai when it comes from the Knowledgable! Neither you posts are Gospel nor my posts are Gossips. Be amused!!

Last edited:
i know a member here regularly reads my posts and makes strenuous efforts repeatedly to draw me into a useless gossip like mediocre conversation. I am not going to oblige. I am rather amused. Keep trying. Best wishes. Lol.

This is not a private communication or patented by any one it is in public domain people read with eyes of an hawak and not close their eyes like poonai when it comes from the knowledgable! Neither you posts are gospel nor my posts are gossips. Be amused!!

lol.

You Know a popular "Pilgrims Progress" which takes you along all over Bharath following the foot steps of Rama Finally it ends at Tirupullani though Rameswaram is about 40KMs as the crow flies If Logistics is not the Problem then why not Rameswaram where you have Ramar Padams!? Because the island has Iswaran in its Name!! And close by in Devipatnam you will see the Navagrhas which Seetha created and worshiped as per legend you will be told if you care to visit those places! It is all Poonai attitude - closing the eyes!
Thank you for sharing this information !

This was not an attack on any one particularly. Go and attend a vidwat sadas when it is held next by any of the Acharyas or their matom. You will understand what is the meaning of an intellectual argument free from malice and bitterness. I said it is part of the ethos in the religions in India. I stand by what I said.

When we have malice in our mind it clouds our vision and we jump to conclusions like what has happened in your post. LOL. That is ok I am not feeling hurt. Take it easy. LOL. The forum's status stands enhanced by such frank assessment of facts. And it was said in the context of jihads and crusades and that fact has been "conveniently" missed. It appears there is an attempt to list whom all I have called arrogant, cynical etc., and a pattern is sought out in it. I hope an account is also kept of all those who call vaishnavas names and make fun of them day in and day out. Let us compare the list. LOL.

Dear Mr Vaagmi

In another thread I wrote to you and Mr Sangom suggested in response that I browse older posts of members to get an idea. You write well. There is no malice other than ask what was in my mind about a pattern I saw.

Mr Biswa did not attack Vaishnavas and I had similar question like him about monotheism in Hindu worship.

Responding to points is good to read. But this is attack on a member (bolded part) . Who determines who is at what intellectual level. I see a pattern - one member is called arrogant, another is called cynical, and here a member (or others as well) being told they do not have intellectual capacity. Such comments are uncalled for and diminish the stature of the forum

I whole heartedly support your post.
In another post a respected member's POV was called idiotic, that is uncalled for. We should have civilized discourse instead of such crass comments. I asked in PM, one of such member from making such comments on a public forum, but that member rudely asked me to mind my own business. LOL

Thread has been closed because of the continued and blatant violation of civility.
For those interested in continuing the discussion in a civil manner, kindly start a new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back