• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Navagraha Kshetra darshan

Tkudi

All the nine navagraha kshetras are located in the erstwhile Thanjavur district or near about. In two days time, a devotee can cover all the nine temples comfortably without stress. To start with, I recommend that the devotee arrives at Mayiladuthurai the previous evening and stay at a hotel ( I recommend Hotel PAMS near the bus stand - a very decent and comfortable hotel with car parking facility and driver’s rest room ) . Next day after breakfast, visit Vaitheeswaran Koil ( Sevva - Mars) , then Thiruvenkadu near Sirkali town ( Budhan- Mercury), then Kilperumpallam near Poompuhar town (Ketu - lunar node south) then to Thirunallar near Karaikal town ( Sani-Saturn). After darshan , drive down to Kumbakonam town and stay overnight ( I recommend Raya’s Grand hotel , opposite to Mahamagam tank - a decent and comfortable hotel with car parking facility ). Next day after breakfast, drive to Thirunageswaram ( Rahu- lunar node north) ,then to Alangudi ( Guru - Jupiter) , then to Suryanar Koil ( Surya -Sun), and to nearby Kanjanur ( Shukran-Venus) and finally to Thingalur, near Thiruvaiyaru town ( Chandran- Moon) and back to Kumbakonam town. In this relaxed manner , one can visit all the nine temples comfortably and perform archanas at all the temples. There is no point in rushing through in one day as all temples remain closed between 12 noon to 4 pm. Hence some advance planning is required to undertake stress free pilgrimage. The above is based on my personal experience.

Attachments

• 12D83578-EA56-4FDF-883A-B538CEEF171E.jpeg
    12D83578-EA56-4FDF-883A-B538CEEF171E.jpeg
    984.2 KB · Views: 162

Latest ads

Back