• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why is government interfering with movies?

prasad1

I am not into watching Movies. But I think Hindutvaism is rearing its ugly head in everyday affairs. Particularly when non-Hindus are involved.
There is a government sanctioned sensor board, let them do their work.

I am not into watching Movies. But I think Hindutvaism is rearing its ugly head in everyday affairs. Particularly when non-Hindus are involved.

I am not a fan of Hindutvaism but seriously the song where Deepika Padukone is hardly clad and gyrating like a stripper wearing a safron colored bits of cloth singing " Besharam Rang"( shameless color) should be banned.

Its so bloody obvious its some cheap stunt to create controversy.

I am quite surprised that Deepika being a top star is resorting to B grade stunts in movies like Gehriyaan and Pathan.
Its usually struggling actresses who resort to such stunts to stay afloat.

Also the lyrics of the song in Pathaan is extremely bad.
Surprised with SRK too..cos he usually doesnt get into controversy in his songs.

The last time an actress wore saffron with SRK was for the song Gerua and the lyrics were divine.

We don't want the so called minorty status to Muslims and Christian and other so called minorities, that is about it. In India everybody should be treated as a citizen, Politically, Religious thing is private.. and no khan idiots can say against our great Hinduism and Sanatana Dharam if they do.. nowadays Bharath won't tolerate that (full stop). Happy New Year to one and all Brothers and Sisters of Bharath. Jai Shri Ram

I am not a fan of Hindutvaism but seriously the song where Deepika Padukone is hardly clad and gyrating like a stripper wearing a safron colored bits of cloth singing " Besharam Rang"( shameless color) should be banned.

Its so bloody obvious its some cheap stunt to create controversy.

I am quite surprised that Deepika being a top star is resorting to B grade stunts in movies like Gehriyaan and Pathan.
Its usually struggling actresses who resort to such stunts to stay afloat.

Also the lyrics of the song in Pathaan is extremely bad.
Surprised with SRK too..cos he usually doesnt get into controversy in his songs.

The last time an actress wore saffron with SRK was for the song Gerua and the lyrics were divine.
Deepika is a Kaangress supporter and JNU leftist mentality. so naturally they want Bharath should be show in low light most of the Bollywood, Mollywood to some extent Tamil movies are funded by people from Dubai.. Dawood team. Hope you know it already.

Deepika is a Kaangress supporter and JNU leftist mentality. so naturally they want Bharath should be show in low light most of the Bollywood, Mollywood to some extent Tamil movies are funded by people from Dubai.. Dawood team. Hope you know it already.
I guess you never heard of "Freedom of Speech". You probably come from a draconian ruler class, or a brutal dictator community. India is a democratic country. This kind of thinking s antiquated. Let us have a civilized discussion.

What’s the Besharam Rang controversy from the movie Pathaan about?​

While the song has quite a catchy tune, with Shilpa Rao’s enchanting voice perfectly complementing Vishal and Shekhar’s music, and both Deepika and Shah Rukh look absolutely glamorous, the song is being trolled for its choreography and Deepika’s clothes, specifically a saffron-coloured bikini. Apparently, the choice of using a saffron-coloured bikini is hurting the religious sentiments of some people. The title of the song, which can roughly be translated to ‘shameless colour’, has also become a sore point for these people as they are equating it to the saffron colour that Deepika wears in the video.

Due to the controversy, there have been calls to get the song banned from the movie Pathaan. An advocate has even filed a written complaint with the Information & Broadcasting Ministry for the same.

There have also been some highly shocking calls for violence against theatres that screen the movie, although thankfully these have been in the minority so far. On the flip side, there have been numerous people who have come out in support of the movie Pathaan, Deepika Padukone, and the song by calling the controversy frivolous and unnecessary.

Members of the industry have also weighed in on the controversy. Veteran actress Ratna Pathak Shah has slammed the controversy by stating that people don’t have their priorities straight. She was quoted as saying, “People don’t have enough to eat, and we are fussing over who is wearing what clothes?” She further added, “I would say we are living in very silly times, if these are the things that are on top of your mind.”

Latest ads

Back