• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why I Am Not A Hindu ?- Book Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
its

8. Our dependence on Missionery run school. no choice they have network all over India.

this is the points i have been talking about, and i have opened a topic here also. missionary schools have become a mafia and its sad to see the TBs rushing out there to admit the kids and talk proud in public that our kids are speaking very good english and get pride and proud in mami sabha that she is studying in convent school.such is the addiction to missionaries, and i doubt if we could easily get over it. and this missionary education mafia is so powerful in india, even for a small issue, they shut the school and black mail the government

other reasons-
* negative portrayal in bollywood films of hindus. so young boys and girls get influenced.

other very very imp reason--

There are many religions in the world mainly hindu, christian, islam and sikh.
Now in every religion there is a book and standardisation.
But in hinduism there r vedas, upanishads, puranas, mahabharata, ramayana, vaishnavism, saivism, advaita, so many mythologies, othrers like brahmakumaris, iskon, ramakrishna, vivekananda, art of living, amritanandmai, osho,sai baba, buddha, jains, this that and the list is endless.
some believe in mythologies while some not.
All im trying to say is that there is no such standardisation. Some hindus don't idol worship. some prefer not to practice rituals, some don't believe in god atheist, some believe in only their own sect and stay in there.
so many differences ppl get confused. Often one sect contradicts what others preach.

Last edited:
.... missionary schools have become a mafia and its sad to see the TBs rushing out there to admit the kids and talk proud in public that our kids are speaking very good english and get pride and proud in mami sabha that she is studying in convent school.such is the addiction to missionaries, and i doubt if we could easily get over it. and this missionary education mafia is so powerful in india, even for a small issue, they shut the school and black mail the government

Dear ShivKC,

I understand your extreme antipathy for "missionaries". I myself think religion, on balance, is more of a bane than boon for humanity. The more closer a religion is to what is called "Monotheism ", the more it is a bane than a boon. But I think the kind of language you have used above is uncalled for and more a reflection of your phobia than the actual threat the missionaries pose.

First, you need to understand that missionaries are not all the same. When you decry missionaries it seems you don't make any distinction among the different Christian denominations. It seems for you they are all the same. But Christianity is not a monolith. Some protestants even think Pope is the very incarnation of the devil. Those who do not understanding even these fundamental differences that are in the open for everyone to see, if only one bothers to look, do not have any credibility in this issue.

Catholic missionaries, however much I think they are foolish to peddle a religion that is founded on delusions, have contributed to the welfare of the Indian society more than any other organized group. Without expecting, let alone forcing, anyone to convert they have provided critical services in the field of education and medical services to all without any discrimination. The extreme cases of missionary activity are more by the evangelical protestants than Catholics/Jesuits. To paint them all the same is silly and reveals lack of understanding. Likening the Catholics to mafia is malicious and inexcusable.

Conversion by missionaries is another manufactured issue by the saffron brigade. Even a perfunctory look at the census data will show that the proportion of Christians in India has remained minuscule and stable.

Thanks to the ingrained caste identity, Dalits, the only group with some well-justified motivation to dump Hinduism, are treated just the same even if they convert. Further, most Dalits want nothing more than to lead their lives with access to the god they want to worship. If they are allowed to do this you take away even the smallest of motivation they may have to even think about converting. If the missionaries offer them money, they may take it, and may even attend their church and sing some carols, but come festival time, they will come in droves and be in the forefront dancing and celebrating their revered Muniandi or Mariamma.

Unfortunately, the dominant Hindus try to put as many impediments as they can get away with to prevent these wretched people from celebrating within the Hindu fold, and then they have the gall to criticize others - missionaries - who want to welcome them among their midst.

AFAIC, it is best to get rid of all religions. But, if there is going to be religions, then, I say, don't whine, go out there and compete to keep your fold from jumping ship.

Cheers!

//Conversion by missionaries is another manufactured issue by the saffron brigade. Even a perfunctory look at the census data will show that the proportion of Christians in India has remained minuscule and stable.
Thanks to the ingrained caste identity, Dalits, the only group with some well-justified motivation to dump Hinduism, are treated just the same even if they convert. Further, most Dalits want nothing more than to lead their lives with access to the god they want to worship. If they are allowed to do this you take away even the smallest of motivation they may have to even think about converting. If the missionaries offer them money, they may take it, and may even attend their church and sing some carols, but come festival time, they will come in droves and be in the forefront dancing and celebrating their revered Muniandi or Mariamma.Unfortunately, the dominant Hindus try to put as many impediments as they can get away with to prevent these wretched people from celebrating within the Hindu fold, and then they have the gall to criticize others - missionaries - who want to welcome them among their midst
.//

Nagaland, a state in India with tribals forming the major population, was lock, stock and barrel converted to christianity by an evangelist called Scot. The people of that state today claim independence from India because theirs is Nagaland like England and it is not a pradesh of India like Himachal or Andhra.Scot claimed that the Nagas were pagans before conversion.Many missioneries say hindus are pagans.Yes. Conversion is indeed a manufactured issue. But it was manufactured by the missionaries and not by the so called saffron brigade. The issue is not that simple to wish it away that way.

//AFAIC, it is best to get rid of all religions.//

Yeah. Let us throw the baby away with the bath-water. The problem can have such simple solutions too!!

Last edited:
//Conversion by missionaries is another manufactured issue by the saffron brigade. Even a perfunctory look at the census data will show that the proportion of Christians in India has remained minuscule and stable.
Thanks to the ingrained caste identity, Dalits, the only group with some well-justified motivation to dump Hinduism, are treated just the same even if they convert. Further, most Dalits want nothing more than to lead their lives with access to the god they want to worship. If they are allowed to do this you take away even the smallest of motivation they may have to even think about converting. If the missionaries offer them money, they may take it, and may even attend their church and sing some carols, but come festival time, they will come in droves and be in the forefront dancing and celebrating their revered Muniandi or Mariamma.Unfortunately, the dominant Hindus try to put as many impediments as they can get away with to prevent these wretched people from celebrating within the Hindu fold, and then they have the gall to criticize others - missionaries - who want to welcome them among their midst.//

Nagaland, a state in India with tribals forming the major population, was lock, stock and barrel converted to christianity by an evangelist called Scot. The people of that state today claim independence from India because theirs is Nagaland like England and it is not a pradesh of India like Himachal or Andhra.Scot claimed that the Nagas were pagans before conversion.Many missioneries say hindus are pagans.Yes. Conversion is indeed a manufactured issue. But it was manufactured by the missionaries and not by the so called saffron brigade. The issue is not that simple to wish it away that way.

//AFAIC, it is best to get rid of all religions.//

Yeah. Let us throw the baby away with the bath-water. The problem can have such simple solutions too!!

The official count of christians in India could well be under 3%, but the christian journals also classified many others as undeclared christians.

Sri Nara and many others conveniently ignore the Goan Inquisition. I have found that Jesuits --in 19th century and early 20th century in particular --have kept influential brahmin families in many parts of south India in good humour, thereby deflecting the attention from their conversion activities. There literally existed a
catholic agraharam in Tiruchirapalli, except that instead of hindu temple there was chapel. That was the strategy adopted during that period.

Seeing the diminishing returns, the strategy shifted. Always the fault -lines --- either overtly or subtly exploited to put the Hindu traditions in poor light.

I would advise Shri Nara and others to read Dharampal's works on the self-sufficiency, high levels of literacy that existed in our societies before the British gained total control.

With regards,
Swami

Thanks to the ingrained caste identity, Dalits, the only group with some well-justified motivation to dump Hinduism, are treated just the same even if they convert. Further, most Dalits want nothing more than to lead their lives with access to the god they want to worship. If they are allowed to do this you take away even the smallest of motivation they may have to even think about converting. If the missionaries offer them money, they may take it, and may even attend their church and sing some carols, but come festival time, they will come in droves and be in the forefront dancing and celebrating their revered Muniandi or Mariamma.

Sir a research has to be conducted as to why dalit hindus(except ambedkar) when converted became at least economically well off while its not so when they stay in hinduism.
Generally the view is that in south also that dalit are dark skinned. That continuous to be the same. Majority of ruling class treats them with contempt.
What u have stated that dalits even when converted are treated the same(sometimes even by christians) is proved by this news report sir.
Indian Dalits find no refuge from caste in Christianity | Chamars.net

This means colour discrimination is strong. This is racial.
Still some upper caste people esp in north think that their sight itself can spell doom. They are manhoos(inauspicious). Just consider that if daughter has received secular education and if father says to her like this abt dalits what will she think.
Dalits should be allowed not just passage to gods but also dignity and self respect which every life expects.
Essentially Brahmins mix with brahmins. General feeling is that if we mix with them then we will become uncivilised. They are isolated. Groupism is rampant everywhere. People of the same flock mix together. If we care to share with them the knowledge then they would never accept christianity.
We don't give a damn about them. Consider them garbage. And they convert.
Then they campaign against us(hindu). Then we start this debate as to why christian missioneries are getting success. Introspection time. Whole society has to change if revolution has to be brought about.

"Unfortunately, the dominant Hindus try to put as many impediments as they can get away with to prevent these wretched people from celebrating within the Hindu fold, and then they have the gall to criticize others - missionaries - who want to welcome them among their midst."

This is exactly what happened in Orissa. In kandhamal No one even came to ask well being of Tribals. Whether they live or die govt and upper caste not concerned.Missionery seized the opportunity like hawk and got part of kandhamal hindu tribals converted secretely while showing them as hindus in records. Slow and steady them started to prosper more than the hindus there. Resentment started growing. The jobs meant for hindus went to christians with hindu surnames. Then Radical hindu parties got the news that christians have hindu surnames but follow christians. This is forcing the hindus with the same surnames to convert. They swung into action and butchered them. Killing innocent people at sword point who refused to reconvert to hinduism. Burnt the churches.
These incidents brings disrepute to the people who are good in that religion.

Last edited:
Other Reasons-

Scandals like Nityananda and priests involved in sex scandals bring disrepute and ill goodwill.

Other reasons-

1. There is no respect for priests. They devote their life studying vedas and all they are looked upon by society. They struggle to make both ends meet.
However one criticises the DMK one thing I must say that (at least what i have seen in srirangam that priests are paid minimum 15000 per month. Thats certainly good thing that DMK is doing otherwise they are neglected lot.
And In srirangam Cost of Living is very low so 15000 is good if u have own house.

2. Rise of city culture with vices associated with it.

once if the reservation for christians is announced you would know, all the hindu names in school register would become xians and the census would be a shocking figure. already in andhra the christian population has touched an unofficial figure of 20 percent.

I havent read this book. kashmiri brahmns eat meat; so, it is not a point. brahmin-baiting is bad. if one says he is not a brahmin. it is fine. Hinduism is not Islam where if any muslim makes such staterment, he will be killed. Budhism, originated from Hinduism, almost eradicated hinduism in India but for Adi Sankara, the Great Saint, Budhaism would have taken over India. Islam came, Christianity came; well, we Hindus withstood all such onslaughts. In Tamil Nadu, Ramaswamy Naicker paraded all Hindu Idols with shoes. Does such acts brought down Hindu Gods!!!. Hindus are tolerent unlike Islam. ignore this man. He deserves to be ignored which is the best punishment - k srinivasan

@ sudeshwar sir.

sir I know u have just joined. pls use @ xyz to say to which particular individual or post no. like #761 u r replying or dear xyz or just click on reply u can select the points of somebody which u r negating using HTML quote. In this case i assume that u refer to #760.
nandrigal.

havent read the book. only gone through various comments. eating meat or only veg does not make any one non-hindus. many hindus eat meat. in fact, kashmir brahmins eat meat. as someone correctly mentioned that all Gods being kshetries ate meat. Further, if any hindu says that he is not hindu, it is fine, let him be so. Budhuism, an offsoot of hinduism, almost eradicated hinduism in India but for Adi Sankara, India would have become Budhist country. well, islam came, christianity came and stayed but hinduism hlding such onslaught remained steadfast and even today, it is in full strength. Ramaswamy Naicker paraded Hindu Gods with shoes/chappals but such stupid acts in no way brought down the Hindu Gods. I remember some years back I viewed TV debate between Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and a Muslim scholar. The learned Muslim who quoted vedas, upanishads and bhagwat geeta sentence by sentence orgued that idol worship is not proper because God has no shape. Ravi Sankar agreed because at the beginning even Hindus took God shapeless because 'control of mind' was strong enough to concentrate on shapeless God but as he centuries passed, that strength started dimishing, hindus started idol worship and requested the learned muslim to stop critisizing hindus on that account. although the muslim did not agree, my purposeof quoting that incident is to emphasize tha hindusarequite capable of adjusting and evolving in a given situation. like this, we can give examples after examples to prove that hindus are strong enough to withstand any onslaught. I am proud to be hindu and that too as brahmin. thanks

this is the points i have been talking about, and i have opened a topic here also. missionary schools have become a mafia and its sad to see the TBs rushing out there to admit the kids and talk proud in public that our kids are speaking very good english and get pride and proud in mami sabha that she is studying in convent school.such is the addiction to missionaries, and i doubt if we could easily get over it. and this missionary education mafia is so powerful in india, even for a small issue, they shut the school and black mail the government

hi frnd i believe in the policy of forgive and forget. i want to say one thing frankly MAFIA word is too strong. I suggest u to audit before u post. i saw ur posts some words were not in good taste. esp neg***. u could have used hyphen.
u often remind me of hoover. he used to similarly and later got banned. although i don't know the exact causes of ban. u can't blame the missionery schools for this. Its way of life. no purpose will served by thinking abt this. english as a language has nothing to do with. language is only a bridge which helps connect u to the native language speaker. english is a global language whether we like it or not we have to learn it. but who is stopping us frm learning our mother tongue. nobody. we should adapt with the changing times.its not that they are doing totally bad job. wrong to paint all with same brush. abdul kalam ji came frm saint joseph trichy. so they do good also. but in modern era they become more conscious of that they are essentially a Jesuit institutions. nothing wrong with that. tk cr.

Dear ShivKC,

I understand your extreme antipathy for "missionaries".

Catholic missionaries, however much I think they are foolish to peddle a religion that is founded on delusions, have contributed to the welfare of the Indian society more than any other organized group. Without expecting, let alone forcing, anyone to convert they have provided critical services in the field of education and medical services to all without any discrimination. The extreme cases of missionary activity are more by the evangelical protestants than Catholics/Jesuits.

Cheers!

Sh.Nara, you got it wrong about cathilics, and pope is the CEO of this marketing giant, though they dont knock the doors to announce others as sinners and alleluiah etc. Catholics first set their shop with a small school in a remote village, and then a clinic or hospital. And then a grandeur church with spires to follow. like you and many elites out here do fall prey to cathilics, because they are the most cunning ones. google jesuit+cunning. in india they peddled with brahmins esp TBs. in the early days they gave easy admission to all the brahmins in convents and most of t.bs got job in jesuit schools as teachers, much before the IITs came. two mangos in one store. the cathilics silenced the top order of our hindu fold, and made easy to target the lower castes. brahmins were silence here and supported this, is something a shame act

We have Kanchi Mahaswamy's Upadesangal in the form of " Deivaththin Kural". When that great work of God is there for everyone to read and benefit , why read such drivel like "Why I am not a Hindu" and spoil the mind's poise. It is best to ignore such works totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back