• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why I Am Not A Hindu ?- Book Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

again, i repeat - do not bring your mother dear in b/w if you have any iota of respect for her.

and do not itch so much for me to retaliate. you think i will fall for your personality, class crap and lunatic nonsense...

i was laughing so far...but not anymore...you really have a prob.

you say "brahmanaal naa ungalukku easy prey"....be clear that am not seeing you as a normal human first, forget brahmin or hindu or whatever.

when you are changing your moniker like a chameleon from happy hindu to palindrome,so that your family members shud not know,clearly proves how fallen woman you are and who is mental case fit for kilpaukam?not only that dragging my mother into the picture and passing wild allegations about the charcter and integrity of my mother,and you are contemplating about who is normal and who is abnormal?

unna madiri payithiyathai venchundu maaradichundu evan irrukkano paavam?unna solli kuttham illai,udambu fulla kozhuppu ooori poi irukku unnakku.adu unna ippadi punradhu.mana vaadu sites po,theirum un wnabdavalam ellam.pitthukuli.mariyadai mannippu kelu enga amma atma shanthi adayarthukku.

sb

re

Bala,

Can you attempt to answer this question.

On what basis you claim "Satya Sai Babha' as an avadhar of God? (keep aside faith).
Can you attempt to prove his as avadhar of God, based on Dhasavadharam?

I'm curiuosly waiting for your quick response.

sappy

my miracle stories with swami is so many.i stopped telling people also,becoz bhagavan's mahima should be discussed with satsangham.if you are really interested http://www.sathyasai.org as bhagavan says you inquire and come to your conclusions.i believe bhagavan-period.i believe mahaswamigal-period.i believe ammachi-period....like many gurus i believe...this is my temperament..i have no intention to make you understand about these mahans as you shud experiance them individually and enjoy the ecstacy of such gurus.Dasavatharam is one school another school is 24 avatarams...like this we have many schools each having puranas...proving or disproving is not my job,for that gurujis are there,they will prove everything for you,not me.

moreover i dont think you are from outside our community like how happy hindu aka palindrome insinuated about you to us-mango,seshu and me..she has been a suspicious of everybody dunno why?maybe some trauma in her life,that has made her like this...and she calls everybody a crack,kilpauk case,even after insulting she is rambling,dunno what she wants from me.i am whom i am.am i telling her anything.obviously her mentor is upset and letting a coterie attack this way...i think..hmm

sb

when you are changing your moniker like a chameleon from happy hindu to palindrome,so that your family members shud not know,clearly proves how fallen woman you are and who is mental case fit for kilpaukam?not only that dragging my mother into the picture and passing wild allegations about the charcter and integrity of my mother,and you are contemplating about who is normal and who is abnormal?

unna madiri payithiyathai venchundu maaradichundu evan irrukkano paavam?unna solli kuttham illai,udambu fulla kozhuppu ooori poi irukku unnakku.adu unna ippadi punradhu.mana vaadu sites po,theirum un wnabdavalam ellam.pitthukuli.mariyadai mannippu kelu enga amma atma shanthi adayarthukku.

sb

my family knows me better than you do. you do not need to comment on my family. my spouse and i are cousins who have nothing hidden b/w us...was only concerned abt causing hurt to the elderly folk..will handle that part...

did i pass wild allegations about the character and integrity of your mother? look bala, you clearly have a mental prob.

don't pull the community in b/w here..don't think you can insult the tambram community by calling yourself one, i am nearly sure you are not one. deal with you as a person only.

hope you realize that you are not a normal guy. you are rambling lunatic nonsense...you get no apology from me. instead i hope you see a doc. take care. bye.

re

my family knows me better than you do. you do not need to comment on my family. my spouse and i are cousins who have nothing hidden b/w us...was only concerned abt causing hurt to the elderly folk..will handle that part...

did i pass wild allegations about the character and integrity of your mother? look bala, you clearly have a mental prob.

don't pull the community in b/w here..don't think you can insult the tambram community by calling yourself one, i am nearly sure you are not one. deal with you as a person only.

hope you realize that you are not a normal guy. you are rambling lunatic nonsense...you get no apology from me. instead i hope you see a doc. take care. bye.

whether you married your brother or not ,is not the issue.why did you drag my mother and repeatedly insult me,when your own behaviour is ridiculous.do you understand.just becoz you apologise to me or dont apologise to me,earth is not going to standstill.i just exposed your character and now again,you are asking whether i am tambram?when you are a telegu-tamil-..whatever combo?god only knows.your mentality is peevish,and all the time like a frustrated woman,wailing like a banshee.calling other crack ,when you have proved to all sundry your duplicitous nature of acting like palindrome when you are happy hindu.utter nonsense you are.

sb

Bala, I give up now!

Sorry to say that.. Either you are insane or intoxicated now.

Just kidding.. How may pegs down?

Last edited:
re

Bala, I give up now!

Sorry to say that.. Either you are insane or intoxicated now.

dont feel sorry for anyone becoz one day people will say that to you too=karma.as for insane or intoxicated ,maybe you are in that state.

sb

sappy

my miracle stories with swami is so many.i stopped telling people also,becoz bhagavan's mahima should be discussed with satsangham.if you are really interested http://www.sathyasai.org as bhagavan says you inquire and come to your conclusions.i believe bhagavan-period.i believe mahaswamigal-period.i believe ammachi-period....like many gurus i believe...this is my temperament..i have no intention to make you understand about these mahans as you shud experiance them individually and enjoy the ecstacy of such gurus.Dasavatharam is one school another school is 24 avatarams...like this we have many schools each having puranas...proving or disproving is not my job,for that gurujis are there,they will prove everything for you,not me.

moreover i dont think you are from outside our community like how happy hindu aka palindrome insinuated about you to us-mango,seshu and me..she has been a suspicious of everybody dunno why?maybe some trauma in her life,that has made her like this...and she calls everybody a crack,kilpauk case,even after insulting she is rambling,dunno what she wants from me.i am whom i am.am i telling her anything.obviously her mentor is upset and letting a coterie attack this way...i think..hmm

sb

your trauma is getting apparent - you want to be listened to, you want to be respected, you have some prob in that area...so when you are not listened to or respected, you are not ok with the person who gets that; makes sense the way you went after nacchinarkiniyanji and krsji.

i won't be responding to your posts anymore bala. because i think the more we respond, even in defence of allegations, the more it agitates you. You are exhibiting pressured speech of a dangerous kind of mood disorder with delusions of being persecuted, very dysphoric.

And if you want an apology, you have one. Take it. And i wish for you to certainly see a doc asap. God bless. Bye.

Sapr,

I request you to stop posting anything for a while. We can come back to this thread later. Hope you will understand. Thank you. Bye.

re

your trauma is getting apparent - you want to be listened to, you want to be respected, you have some prob in that area...so when you are not listened to or respected, you are not ok with the person who gets that; makes sense the way you went after nacchinarkiniyanji and krsji.

i won't be responding to your posts anymore bala. because i think the more we respond, even in defence of allegations, the more it agitates you. You are exhibiting pressured speech of a dangerous kind of mood disorder with delusions of being persecuted, very dysphoric.

And if you want an apology, you have one. Take it. And i wish for you to certainly see a doc asap. God bless. Bye.

Ati Vinayam Dhoortha Lakshanam

Too much of humbleness is an attribute of a wicked person.

Keep that advice for yourself about doc visit,for your split personality that you displayed in the forum for all of us to witness,plaindrome aka happy hindu.bye.

sb

.mariyadai mannippu kelu enga amma atma shanthi adayarthukku.

sb

Bala,

1)If I understood right, so according to you, if a dead person is abused by a living person, then those of dead person's soul will not find oneness with God, (unless the person who abused tendered apology).

In this context, there are so many people abused/continue to abuse Gandhiji even now. Do you think, Gandhi's soul will never attain moksha?

Please let me know, on what basis of Dharma/Veda you are putting forward this statement.

2) Do you call Sai Babha as 'Avadhars of God' (like Rama, Krishna) or as a Sage/Muni.. Please specify your stand.

As suggested by Palindrome,I think I should stay away from this thread for a while, until, Bala stop's his personal rant&rave. Its so sick to address someone with 'gender', in public forums.

If these kind of talk exists, Im sure, moderator may not hesitate to axe the entire thread, which will be of bad taste..

Last edited:
re

Bala,

1)If I understood right, so according to you, if a dead person is abused by a living person, then those of dead person's soul will not find oneness with God, (unless the person who abused tendered apology).

sappy,she broached an extremely sensitive issue with me in an un-timely fashion.atmas stay with lord either in kailasham or brahmalokam or vaikuntam or golokam,is the popular belief for hindus.as per the trinity of gods.in a way she did follow our hindu ways of respecting the dead.i cannot write the issue about my mom here,but i am glad that she did not accrue any bad karmas.

In this context, there are so many people abused/continue to abuse Gandhiji even now. Do you think, Gandhi's soul will never attain moksha?

a mahatma is our gandhiji.he even offered jinnah the prime ministership asking nehru to step down,as he wanted un-divided india during freedom fight with brits.many of us say many things in a fit of anger but never mean it.becoz he was assasinated i too wondered about his sudden death,same way,indira gandhi's sudden death,even though she knew she will be killed,as its evident thru her orissa speech prior to assasination.i dont think we shud say bad things about dead people,as there is a spirit world or pithru loka.i think,our life do get affected,if we speak bad about dead people,especially if they are mahatmas.

2) Do you call Sai Babha as 'Avadhars of God' (like Rama, Krishna) or as a Sage/Muni.. Please specify your stand.

sai baba of shirdi declared that he is avataram of lord dattatreya.in 1917-1918,shirdi sai baba predicted that,after 8 years he will be born again in a place called parthi(putta-parthi) .exactly in 1926 sathya narayana raju aka bhagavan sathya sai baba was born.in 1940 sathya sai baba revealed to all his true identity that he is re-incarnation or avataram of shirdi sai baba,to the village people and his family.

sathya sai baba has predicted he will live upto 2022 and after 8 years he will be born again in guna-parthi in mandya district,karnataka.ie 2030.

for me lord dattatreya is god of the trinity.therefore shirdi sai=shiva;parthi sai=siva-sakthi;mandya sai=sakthi;he is adi-purushar.ie the trinity of siva-brahmaa-vishnu combined,god.

sb

in response to palindrome...

Logic is but a state of perception... it is a fact... but i do not wish to explain or analyze such facts with people like you...

Logic is a branch of philosophy & mathematics. Its a structure of statements and arguments, in formal systems of inference. Its subject covers, validity, fallacies and paradoxes, reasoning using probability and arguments involving causality.

Now,Seshadri, please,give it a try on 'Nasadiya Sukta of the Rigveda (10.129) .It has the various logical divisions like , : "A", "not A", "A and not A", and "not A and not not A", and it's timeline is older than Aristotle era.

I think, I studied this in +2 physics (guess it used to be in the last chapter) as AND & NAND gates, and later in Engineering it became the logic for transistor/chip applications.

I donno what made you to call logic as perception!!

Last edited:
Sapr is right on dot.

The philosohy of perception and why perceptive errors need to be fixed: http://enlightenment.supersaturated.com/essays/text/dianamertzhsieh/percept_error.html

A simple spatial example of why perceptive errors need to be fixed in physics: http://www.psychomedia.it/pm/science/psybyo/bertagnolio5.htm

Buddhist idea of perception and cognition in philosophy (seemingly advaitha): http://www.tarab-institute.org/pdf/press-intro.pdf

Perception as explained by Sri Ramanuja (sribhasya): http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe48/sbe48014.htm - the entire doc is worth reading (forget the time taken), atleast this: http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/sbe48/sbe48007.htm

Hindu philosophies are possibly the earliest philosophies in the world that had remediated and found a way to fix perceptive errors. It is (therefore) based on logic.

To write off the depth and width of all the work that hindu logicians did as a mere perception wud be gross injustice to them. And its no mere perception.

To BALA

Sapr333>>>>If I understood right, so according to you, if a dead person is abused by a living person, then those of dead person's soul will not find oneness with God, (unless the person who abused tendered apology).

Bala responds>>>sappy,she broached an extremely sensitive issue with me in an un-timely fashion.atmas stay with lord either in kailasham or brahmalokam or vaikuntam or golokam,is the popular belief for hindus.as per the trinity of gods.in a way she did follow our hindu ways of respecting the dead.i cannot write the issue about my mom here,but i am glad that she did not accrue any bad karmas.

Bala, please ponder over your own response.. I only asked you a generic question,that, how a dead person's soul would get hurt by a living man's abuse.. And you are responding, back saying, as if, I have asked you to narrate about your mom's issue.. Please talk to the point and please dont drag unwanted talks.And in the middle, you taunted Palindrome saying that, she/he broached you..., which is again an un warranted point to this discussion

PART II:-
Sapr333>>>>Quote:In this context, there are so many people abused/continue to abuse Gandhiji even now. Do you think, Gandhi's soul will never attain moksha?

Bala Responds>>>>a mahatma is our gandhiji.he even offered jinnah the prime ministership asking nehru to step down,as he wanted un-divided india during freedom fight with brits.many of us say many things in a fit of anger but never mean it.becoz he was assasinated i too wondered about his sudden death,same way,indira gandhi's sudden death,even though she knew she will be killed,as its evident thru her orissa speech prior to assasination.i dont think we shud say bad things about dead people,as there is a spirit world or pithru loka.i think,our life do get affected,if we speak bad about dead people,especially if they are mahatmas.>>

Again, I just asked about the status of Gandhiji's soul, inlight with his verbal abusers.. But you went on talking about Jinnah/Indragandhi/Orissa, clearly, leaving the core theme of this question..

Sapr333>>>> Do you call Sai Babha as 'Avadhars of God' (like Rama, Krishna) or as a Sage/Muni.. Please specify your stand.

Bala Responds>>>sai baba of shirdi declared that he is avataram of lord dattatreya.in
sathya sai baba has predicted he will live upto 2022 and after 8 years he will be born again in guna-parthi in mandya district,karnataka.ie 2030.>>

Is this what your idea of avadhar based upon Vedas/Gita/Ramayana, then I have a serious doubt about your knowledge about hinduism.Anyway, a small question in the middle.. Say, suppose, if Saibabha, dies before 2022 (god forbid), will you accept my argument, that, Sai Babaha/Shridi are false avadhars of Dattareya?

Last edited:
re

To BALA

Sapr333>>>>If I understood right, so according to you, if a dead person is abused by a living person, then those of dead person's soul will not find oneness with God, (unless the person who abused tendered apology).

Bala responds>>>sappy,she broached an extremely sensitive issue with me in an un-timely fashion.atmas stay with lord either in kailasham or brahmalokam or vaikuntam or golokam,is the popular belief for hindus.as per the trinity of gods.in a way she did follow our hindu ways of respecting the dead.i cannot write the issue about my mom here,but i am glad that she did not accrue any bad karmas.

Bala, please ponder over your own response.. I only asked you a generic question,that, how a dead person's soul would get hurt by a living man's abuse.. And you are responding, back saying, as if, I have asked you to narrate about your mom's issue.. Please talk to the point and please dont drag unwanted talks.And in the middle, you taunted Palindrome saying that, she/he broached you..., which is again an un warranted point to this discussion

PART II:-
Sapr333>>>>Quote:In this context, there are so many people abused/continue to abuse Gandhiji even now. Do you think, Gandhi's soul will never attain moksha?

Bala Responds>>>>a mahatma is our gandhiji.he even offered jinnah the prime ministership asking nehru to step down,as he wanted un-divided india during freedom fight with brits.many of us say many things in a fit of anger but never mean it.becoz he was assasinated i too wondered about his sudden death,same way,indira gandhi's sudden death,even though she knew she will be killed,as its evident thru her orissa speech prior to assasination.i dont think we shud say bad things about dead people,as there is a spirit world or pithru loka.i think,our life do get affected,if we speak bad about dead people,especially if they are mahatmas.>>

Again, I just asked about the status of Gandhiji's soul, inlight with his verbal abusers.. But you went on talking about Jinnah/Indragandhi/Orissa, clearly, leaving the core theme of this question..

Sapr333>>>> Do you call Sai Babha as 'Avadhars of God' (like Rama, Krishna) or as a Sage/Muni.. Please specify your stand.

Bala Responds>>>sai baba of shirdi declared that he is avataram of lord dattatreya.in
sathya sai baba has predicted he will live upto 2022 and after 8 years he will be born again in guna-parthi in mandya district,karnataka.ie 2030.>>

Is this what your idea of avadhar based upon Vedas/Gita/Ramayana, then I have a serious doubt about your knowledge about hinduism.Anyway, a small question in the middle.. Say, suppose, if Saibabha, dies before 2022 (god forbid), will you accept my argument, that, Sai Babaha/Shridi are false avadhars of Dattareya?

sappy

based on pali...i was assuming you to be a jesuit priest.but i have a suspicion that whatever she wrote to me was utter nonsense in a private message.i am of the opinion,that you are well read,knowledgeable about hinduism too.especially your last para,discourages me,from having any further conversation.what i know about hinduism is 'kai mann alavu',our religion is a wonderful religion,which suits me.i am sure there others in the forum who will vie with each other to educate you,after all what do i know.....thnx.

sb

sappy

based on pali...i was assuming you to be a jesuit priest.

sb

Bala, you are free to assume/persume anything.. I dont pay attention to it..Rather, can you please stay tuned to the core point of the disucssion. Thanks

Regarding Palindromes private message, I take it as fun, and this happens in all forums. Otherswise, there is no meaning in having a 'Privat Msg' option tag here. Its indeed a sheer fun.. And I think his advice/caution to you is perfect, and I agree with him, in true spirits.

Above all, I admire palindrome's audacity to come up with a confession. Infact, Palindrome deserves a 'standing ovation' from all of us..

Last edited:
re

Bala, you are free to assume/persume anything.. I dont pay attention to it..Rather, can you please stay tuned to the core point of the disucssion. Thanks

Regarding Palindromes private message, I take it as fun, and this happens in all forums. Otherswise, there is no meaning in having a 'Privat Msg' option tag here. Its indeed a sheer fun.. And I think his advice/caution to you is perfect, and I agree with him, in true spirits.

Above all, I admire palindrome's audacity to come up with a confession. Infact, Palindrome deserves a 'standing ovation' from all of us..

ok you are trying to be oversmart.i suspect you to be part of the coterie.iddhu eppadi irukku-rajni ssstyle.

sb

Sapr,

This is the username i was originally posting under. Its gonna take sometime to sort things out, but i have learnt my lesson and do not wish to read myself backwards just to make a few crazy men see how the other side can be, or feel the need to please anyone else. Therefore am gonna just be myself and will be posting under this userid from now on. Am sorry for all the inconvenice caused so far.

Is it ok to start with discussing perceptive errors in matters of religion, both as a doctrine and as a faith? Please let me know, if possible with some of your initial inputs. Am looking towards a discussion abt which school of thought covers which issues, for an idea on what each one offers, in both western and eastern schools. Hope that is ok. Do let me know. Hope others will join in as well.

Regards.

Sapr,

This is the username i was originally posting under. . Hope others will join in as well.

Regards.

I remember this handle 'Happyhindu'.. There is something I admired this person, as a handle..

I was thrilled by your articulation skill and finest usage of vocabs, esp, in right context. I envy!!!. Trust me, I noticed your skill in some of the other posts, though I never engaged in a direct dialogue, out there...

PS: I am so curious to give a detailed response to your admission.. bit confused,to let it go just like that, or just to present myself like Hansie Cronje.. Should I share my response here in this forum or should I sent a private message.. I know, if I were to share it in public, it may defnitely polarise the debate.. But then, I also equally owe you a conter clarification.. Let me know, on what mode should I do..!!

Last edited:
Sapr,

Is it ok to start with discussing perceptive errors in matters of religion, both as a doctrine and as a faith? Please let me know, if possible with some of your initial inputs. Am looking towards a discussion abt which school of thought covers which issues, for an idea on what each one offers, in both western and eastern schools. Hope that is ok. Do let me know. Hope others will join in as well.

Regards.

Happy Hindu, I think we should not set our premise based on any preset notions of west/eastern philosophy or religion etc. Truth is truth!!. Though we may have somemind set, there is nothing wrong to take a stand based on that, but we all should make sure, our pursit is to explore about 'The ultimate truth and mysteries about God'... Lets come out of closed thought, and evaluate the 'Truth'. Also, we should not get tensed up if someone tells Rama ate beef, Christ dated with marymagdalene or Mohammed was a Pedophile or buddha died of loose motion with the yummy pork curry...Lets evaluate with the god given brains... We both believe in God.. Im sure,atleast there is no dispute in that!! In that context, lets evaluate every thing.. In this context, I wish every one should be like Adi Shankara, and ponder about his great debate..If he had lost the debate, the whole hinduism would have got wiped by Buddhism.. But still he took a bold step, and argued logically.

Trust me, contradictory/abusive posts have really enlightened me, cos that will help/drive us to explore the knowledge..

I really liked the few recent links you share about Perception.. Gone through a bit, and amidst rant and rave, in this thread, bit lost touch.. but all those links are bookmarked in my browser.. Will respond soon, after reading them

Last edited:
Sapr,

Regards.

To start with, lets analyse the situation of necessity of God..

The basic question for me was/is.. " why we need God''.. What will happen if we dont care about the existence of God''... And whats the proof for existence of God..

I think, thats the foundational question.. And lets analyse both western and eastern philosophies(Remember, all philosophies are same and true, be it west or east).. Btw, lets not forget, we should add to account what aetheists say...

Please share with me, your idea on this..

PS: Lets not worry who joins in this thread, but I personally wish/request Seshadri to join here, cos his views made lot of sense here earlier

Sapr,

Thanks much for the understanding.

Am very touched to see that you have taken my admission with an easy going nature, and more so with the spirit of enquiry.

Its good we agree that we are theists before we continue. Faith is axiomatic indeed :) Hope it wud still remain that way after we finish :)

i suppose it also goes without saying that though we may be of seemingly opposite poles that probably may not meet, we are certain that we have learned to live in peace.

To you, (possibly) the christian belief in love, acceptance of all and reaching out without a second thought to a fellow being needing support, is verily the nature of your faith.

To me, being a hindu has become a way of life, more so as a culture and as an ethnicity, over the years teaching me things that i have yet to imbibe with a wholesomeness - love, acceptance, tolerance and patience. Inability ofcourse has always been that of my own, not stemming from any faith system.

My expression in future posts might come across as being tinged with a sense of attachment, with greater leaning and a kind of stauncher involvement in the hindu schools of philosophy. Please remind me if you so come across that, lest i forget to let go to move on (though hv always ended up as a returnee so far).

Reg the admission: given the nature of the unpleasant situation i have brought upon myself currently, am a bit concerned if our openness wud contribute to aggravating anything. For now, i wud therefore prefer a private message.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Sapr,

To you, (possibly) the christian belief in love, acceptance of all and reaching out without a second thought to a fellow being needing support, is verily the nature of your faith.
Thank you.

I have studied fairly well (though not much) about all religions, and infact, I have blown out considerable money to study them.. As I said, I used to spend 10 times more money on religious books, than I used to spend on buying Pink Floyd or rock CDs 5 yrs ago..I know, if I were to call a person to discuss with ancient Indian philosophies, the first funny response I would get is, 'Oh man, are you senile, please do it after your retirement age!!"

Still,Im still on the pursuit of God and ultimate truth about God and his nature..

If someone could convince me, with something new, why not, give it a try?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back